New Heroes Banner (Desert Mercenaries)

Alexmender

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Could they automate when Foci go up? I am not sure if they automated Special Heroes Foci, but I think it is a pretty good idea to have them automate Foci with time limited Heroes so that it gives players a piece of mind that they can always depend on some sort of Focus to summon their favorite Hero, even if it is a year long wait.

Well, they most likely don't, and it wouldn't help them if the servers got blown up by Godzilla.

...the fuck is this Dual Hero?

...sorry, but at least Hector had a cute daughter to carry around. This is literally just Ephraim and Lyon standing next to each other. The EXMove dual skill is slightly interesting I guess, but otherwise not interested.

Tethys looks dull and bland and all around not interesting, which is a shame because she is gonna be the demote without question, and she won't even bring anything new (which is to say, any previously 5* locked skills or weapons) to the 4* pool...

Gerik... so he brings not just DB4 to the pool, but also makes Sudden Panic a little easier to summon for, and also Firesweep Axe. [insert "it's been 3,000 years" PKMN XY AZ GIF here]. Only problem is... well, the Firesweep Axe looks kinda ugly in my opinion. I mean, I've never been that big a fan of how the Firesweep weapons look, but the Axe just... meh, if we're judging banners by the looks of the units weapons, then Gerik failed to even pull a straw.

Ewan is getting the Lugh treatment, which is to say "make him bland and uninteresting, but also give him one valued skill so that we don't have to demote his Bladeserpent tome".

Ephraim and Lyon... well, like I said, I'm not interested. And as for Ross... I dunno, he's gonna have trainee growths and Gen3 stats, so that should count for something good, right?

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...the fuck is this Dual Hero?

...sorry, but at least Hector had a cute daughter to carry around. This is literally just Ephraim and Lyon standing next to each other. The EXMove dual skill is slightly interesting I guess, but otherwise not interested.

Tethys looks dull and bland and all around not interesting, which is a shame because she is gonna be the demote without question, and she won't even bring anything new (which is to say, any previously 5* locked skills or weapons) to the 4* pool...

Gerik... so he brings not just DB4 to the pool, but also makes Sudden Panic a little easier to summon for, and also Firesweep Axe. [insert "it's been 3,000 years" PKMN XY AZ GIF here]. Only problem is... well, the Firesweep Axe looks kinda ugly in my opinion. I mean, I've never been that big a fan of how the Firesweep weapons look, but the Axe just... meh, if we're judging banners by the looks of the units weapons, then Gerik failed to even pull a straw.

Ewan is getting the Lugh treatment, which is to say "make him bland and uninteresting, but also give him one valued skill so that we don't have to demote his Bladeserpent tome".

Ephraim and Lyon... well, like I said, I'm not interested. And as for Ross... I dunno, he's gonna have trainee growths and Gen3 stats, so that should count for something good, right?

Would you prefer that Ephraim carry Lyon? 

Maybe he could club enemies to death with his friend's body.

Edited by Etheus

Glad for a new batch of FE8 units, it needs it and Tethys/Gerik/Ewan/Ross are all solid additions. Not glad about the continued alts in the form of Ephraim+Lyon: this pair feels arbitrary and unnecessary, and apparently not being added to the regular summoning pool is even worse. The infantry duo skill is neat, I guess, but also pretty underwhelming after Hector's. I may end up pulling for Hector after all.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Dagger Exp. is new.

And Spd/Res Bond is now in the summoning pool, so you do not need to send home Adrift Azura for it.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Would you prefer that Ephraim carry Lyon?

I would prefer that Ephraim smacks the spit and teeth out of his foes by swinging Lyon around, because that is honestly what I envisioned Hector doing with Lilina (er... using her as a weapon, not smacking his foes with his... actually I'll just keep quiet.)

@XRay...
...so yeah, nothing interesting in this banner, think I'll just use my Forging Bonds tickets and be on my way. Not even gonna bother buying orbs to exhaust a pity rate or some lame excuse, cause I got a convention coming up in two weeks that I need to save up for.

Edited by Xenomata

So, does this mean Farfetched 3 won't happen now? I was really hoping to see Shinon and/or Jill on it since they're prime candidates for it. But now it looks like we aren't getting such a banner at all.

Just now, Anacybele said:

So, does this mean Farfetched 3 won't happen now? I was really hoping to see Shinon and/or Jill on it since they're prime candidates for it. But now it looks like we aren't getting such a banner at all.

It'll probably the late November banner.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Patience. It will happen soon, just not now. It will come when it comes. More time to save Orbs for.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

It'll probably the late November banner.

I'd imagine that to be Christmas though, so late December can be New Year. It's about time we get a Christmas banner that lasts a month. We never got one because of New Year.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Patience. It will happen soon, just not now. It will come when it comes. More time to save Orbs for.

I can only hope since I especially want Shinon on it.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'd imagine that to be Christmas though, so late December can be New Year. It's about time we get a Christmas banner that lasts a month. We never got one because of New Year.

I can only hope since I especially want Shinon on it.

That seems too far from the actual time of Christmas. And if that do that, that still leaves a December slot. Any way you slice it, we've got at least three slots and only two accounted for.

As for the length of the banner, that should be doable whatever time it happens.

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

That seems too far from the actual time of Christmas. And if that do that, that still leaves a December slot. Any way you slice it, we've got at least three slots and only two accounted for.

As for the length of the banner, that should be doable whatever time it happens.

Yeah, but each year so far, the Christmas banner's only been half a month to make room for New Year while every other seasonal banner gets to be a month long and that's just not cool imo. I'd like a month long Christmas banner!

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but each year so far, the Christmas banner's only been half a month to make room for New Year while every other seasonal banner gets to be a month long and that's just not cool imo. I'd like a month long Christmas banner!

Last year's ran for a month, overlapping with NYoFaI.

Someone call Ghast, he's in the game now. Also shouts outs to the user who blew up in my face two years ago when I suggested Tethys would be a dagger infantry instead of sword, since Ninian proved they'd never put a character in the game who can't attack.

Cormag is a good get for GHB. (not as good as Glen but what would I know). I was hoping Duessel would be in the next SS Banner wielding Garm but Brave Ephraim stole his thunder. Honestly I don't care for Ewan and Ross. They'd be on my bottom priority to put in Heroes. If I were in charge, Ewan would show up in oversized summoner robes in the same vein that Amelia showed up as her meme pink general class. But they missed the boat on that joke so I don't much care. Also the Duo character feels a touch uninspired. The most obvious SS duo I see would be the twin lords.

Edited by Glennstavos

I hate this duo-unit very much, as it makes Lyon/Fomortiis far less likely to happen for quite a while if ever....

Reeeeallly uninteresting banner skillwise, I'm fine with the additions of characters, though (except the duo, as mentioned). At least I don't have to summon for Lyon, the unit is called Ephraim, so I don't need him according to my own arbitrary rules.

Well, good. One less banner to be disappointed by its summons 😄

Cormag makes sense. I keep forgetting that they stopped doing villains for those. Which is kind of frustrating since there are still a lot of villains I want.

I am both sad and happy Cormag is the GHB, happy because I will be able to get him and +10 him without too much trouble, sad because he probably will be skill screwed and take a bunch of SI to make good.  I really hope he isn't another lance flyer because I tended to use him as a sword wielder in my SS playthroughs and there are a bunch of lance flyers already.  I will use the tickets on blue, but the story orbs are going to be used trying for Celica and then I am finally going to start saving.  Also, I agree that Glen would have been a great choice for GHB, but I also love his bro so I won't complain.

Between the Ephraim/Lyon duo hero and Cormag being relegated to the GHB slot, I feel like not spending any orbs on this banner out of protest. I only care about one of the banner units (Gerik) anyways, so I guess all my tickets are going to green. Maybe if I’m lucky heh, good one I’ll at least get Ross.