New Heroes Banner (Desert Mercenaries)

Alexmender

11 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, I think that was a little too ambitious when we haven't had a staff GHB unit period. And with Kronya's addition, staff is the only weapon type (not counting individual colors) yet to get repped in a GHB.

I was trying to be silly with the idea of Cormag being a staff flier.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

Seeing this makes me wonder if IS did put TMS characters in FEH they could make them all Duo heroes so everyone could get in in one banner.  I guess January will tell if TMS has any chance.

I hope it has a chance! I really do, even if I don't play FEH, it'd make me excited to see them in. 

If they tried Duoing to squeeze all ten playable into the game at once, well then it'd likely be:

• ItsukixTsubasa
  • KiriaxYashiro
  • ToumaxEleonora
  • MamorixTiki
  • MaikoxBarry

Itsuki and Tsubasa simply have to go together. Kiria and Yashiro are both experienced and cool. ToumaxEleonora is more for lack of better partners, but they do have Crazy Circus and both are semi-experienced actors. Mamori goes with Tiki for maximum cuteness. And Maiko and Barry are the adults who manage the young talent.

Mamori could get paired with Barry instead of Tiki, except pairing the creepy otaku with an object of his obsession would unease some people. That would result in MaikoxTiki, which is perfectly grounded.

Alternatively, they could use Duo Units to feature each character alongside their Mirage, that'd be visually appealing. But Kriemhildkut makes the case that sneaking a floating partner into the artwork would not require a Duo unit.

But, because Duos are supposed to be extremely powerful, I doubt IS would make a banner of four of these solely using an oddball spinoff game for its characters. And the fifth Duo unit would have to be a freebie, which does not sound possible.

25 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I was trying to be silly with the idea of Cormag being a staff flier.

I know, I was just trying to play along.

Though I suppose there was a way a staff flier Cormag could’ve happened: they could’ve made him and Natasha the Duo Hero where they both ride his wyvern or something.

Edited by Tybrosion

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

guess I'll see if my game still has a crush on Ephraim, his variants are near-common pity breaks for me.

I'm just hoping I can get him via ticket. I am on strict orb saving right now. (there are eyes everywhere)
so if it's not a ticket op, i'm sore out of luck. and while I know a lot of people think he's junky. i like him. still don't have his OG form, don't have his horsey form... nothing. only reason I have Brave Ephiriam was because he was my free choice (and I didn't even know better coz obviously presented w/the same decision it's vero).

51 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I know, I was just trying to play along.

Though I suppose there was a way a staff flier Cormag could’ve happened: they could’ve made him and Natasha the Duo Hero where they both ride his wyvern or something.

I was thinking of a magical girl banner with Cormag as a staff flier. Sailor Cormag ready to save the day! And yes, Alois, Bartre, Garon, Gonzalez, Gunter, Jagen, or Wrys should be on the banner as well.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Veronica

I think Veronica was a controversial pick as well (especially in hindsight with how broken her staff ended up being). As for Edelgard, I agree with @Ottservia that the fanbase will hopefully be split between her and other 3H ladies.

But if Edelgard's hatebase really is larger than Camilla's...no offence, but we've failed as a community 🙃

P.S. To go further off-topic, I agree that Gatekeeper will almost certainly be available for voting in CYL. Heck, if the Brigand Boss is an option, why not the one even the JPN community has acknowledged?

Edited by DefyingFates

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I think Veronica was a controversial pick as well (especially in hindsight with how broken her staff ended up being). As for Edelgard, I agree with @Ottservia that the fanbase will hopefully be split between her and other 3H ladies.

Yeah... Especially since Veronica only won 2nd place because we get mid-event results and it influenced people to vote for her, which was my case.

21 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

But if Edelgard's hatebase really is larger than Camilla's...no offence, but we've failed as a community 🙃

I couldn't agree more with you... I believe Edelgard will be in the CYL 4 banner, but in what position? I don't know. I am thinking in 1st place, but everything can happen.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I couldn't agree more with you... I believe Edelgard will be in the CYL 4 banner, but in what position? I don't know. I am thinking in 1st place, but everything can happen.

As long as she's the highest voted 3H girl I'll be happy. As long as Eirika also wins of course 😛

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

As long as she's the highest voted 3H girl I'll be happy. As long as Eirika also wins of course 😛

Can I vote for the Greenhouse Lady? She take care of my flowers and give me Speed Carrots... She is way more useful than Edelgard.

29 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

But if Edelgard's hatebase really is larger than Camilla's...no offence, but we've failed as a community

I’ll agree but not in the way one might think though that’s a discussion for another time. Regardless, This banner is a skip for me. I like SS and all but if there’s a chance however small of Severa being on far fetched I have to be ready.

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

Ewan and Ross are in a good spot because unless IS has abandoned all modicum of consistency, they'll be given a BST boost because they were trainees in FE8 like Amelia (who got the trainee boost herself when she came out). Even if they're given Gen 3 BST instead of Gen 4, they're technically trainees which means they should be given the trainee boost which will be the equivalent of Gen 4 BST. 

I'm cautiously hopeful. I'll be comparing Ross' BST to Raven's. I'm just hoping they don't opt to minmax him and give him high ATK and low everything else as that's all he had going for him in FE8 unless you got lucky (I favored him but my Ross was generally always blessed and would cap just about every stat except RES. The most powerful berserker in Magvel, he was.)

Either way, I've always wanted to give the Wo Gun+ to someone but was never sure about who to build (always procrastinated with Libra). Now I have the perfect candidate. He's getting that build no matter what his stats are. Hope he comes for you quick! I pulled Bantu and Reyson relatively quickly when they came out, but it took a really long time to pull a Mordecai and I still haven't pulled a Valbar or even a Brady.

Yeah, they should have trainee stats. With that Ross will probably have more stats than Amelia as an Infantry unit, but I guess that's how things are now. I'm hoping he and Ewan get good stat spreads, especially since they don't have personal weapons.

My Ross was a great berserker as well, maxing out several stats I remember. Speaking of Berserker, I'm a little dissappointed that Ross and Ewan don't seem to reference their promoted classes like Amelia. Seeing Amelia's design as a General in Heroes was really interesting to me, and I think the design struck a nice balance between her Trainee design and the GBA General design. I would have liked if Ewan's design somehow alluded to the Druid class and Ross' to the Berserker, but I like the art they got here as well.

Tell me what build you decide to go for, I could use some ideas myself! I'm prepared to give him some premium fodder eventually as well. The ideal scenario would be to get him when pulling for Gerik, but I expect it will take until sometime next year to get the ideal asset. I haven't pulled Valbar or Norne yet, but I have gotten three Reyson (two of them 5-star...), one Brady, two Mercedes and two Bantu, so I'm optimistic. It took about a month before I got my first Mordecai but after that he has showed up enough times that I could +10 him if I wanted (I've started merging him, but I never got one that was +Def...). Hopefully Ross takes over as my stalker after Mordecai.

7 hours ago, Etheus said:

I question the need for a Farfetched banner. Why do we need a dedicated banner just for CYL runner ups when high popularity in CYL already helps encourage units to appear in future banners. We've already seen many frontunners from CYL 2 in 2019 banners, and there is no reason to not expect 2020 to bring a lot of CYL 3 frontrunners.

This again? I don't remember if it was you or someone else, but last year someone questioned the reason why Farfetched came back in the form of Brave Redux. 

I'll tell you the reason. Because we can't trust IS to even do something so simple as adding the most popular units. Take this very banner.

Selena got more votes than anyone else from the SS missing cast. And where is she on this banner? Nowhere. We have 5 slots and they all went to characters with less fans than her somehow. And when will the next SS banner drop?

Do you see the problem here? Do you see why we need at least ONE banner a year in which we can FORCE IS to pick the characters we voted/wanted the most? Take Brave Redux. If that banner didn't exist, only Loki would have joined the roster quickly anyway. Kliff would have had to wait for the banner that is ending as we speak. A WHOLE ADDITIONAL YEAR for his numerous fans to suffer. Owain could have come in the children of Awakening banner this year, so it wasn't that bad for him, but Aversa? The one character I loved the most from that banner? Since Awakening only received children and beasts in 2019, and she is neither, it makes sense to assume she wouldn't be in the game. So yeah... FUCK THAT!

We need Farfetched to be a thing because the developers can't be trusted at all. Need I remind you that we still don't have an Anna alt despite her doing incredibly well in CYL 2 and 3?

Edit: I just noticed that the caps lock part could be interpreted at me getting angry with you. That's not at all what mean. I'm angry at the game for the no-Selena. And even than I'm not really angry, just irritated.

Edited by GrandeRampel

As characters all units in this banner are winners. Tethys was my most wanted ss character, Gerik is badass, the boys are cool and Ephraim/Lyon are a unique pair up at least.

Not going to pull on Tethys though. I have the time to pull for her since she is the obvious demote. Shame she got such a lame exp skill, but I can see myself building her.

Gerik has a lot of cool skills and I miss infantry axe characters. Most of my orbs will go on green.

Ewan looks a bit lugh-like, but I can see myself going for red if there are no greens.

Ephraim/Lyon is alright, but not something i'm pulling for. 

Glad the Duos aren't being added to the main pool, don't want to see that nonsense anymore than I have to.

Nice to see a 3rd colorless infantry demote that will probably take months to get, judging by the 0 Mercedes/Norne so far, more eventual infantry flowers are appreciated.

Pulling Greens>Blues I guess for ticket circles, since they have the best fodder to me, and also have the slim chance of being offbannered by CYL Miccy or Petra (in desperate need of a ground orders on banner somewhere)

1 hour ago, Azuni said:

Nice to see a 3rd colorless infantry demote that will probably take months to get, judging by the 0 Mercedes/Norne so far, more eventual infantry flowers are appreciated.

3rd? Did you forget poor Brady? Well, I don't judge you... He is pretty forgettable...

And Ground Orders may appear in November's Mythic Banner, with Bride Fjorm.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Ugh, this Duo Heroes thing just gets stupider and stupider. Not being able to summon them after their focus is done just makes them seasonal units who aren't actually seasonal, and wastes a space that could be used for a new Hero instead. Also, Duo Heroes just seems like a dumb excuse to give characters with plenty of alts even more alts, and it's kind of dumb how the "Duo" only really uses one character in the pair instead of finding a way to incorporate both halves of the pair. Lyon has less excuse than child Lilina to do nothing while his partner does all the actual work, too.

The other options are fine, even though the only one I care a lot about is Tethys. Gerik is cool, too, but I'm just not in the mood to spend too many orbs for him. Ewan's a good choice but it makes me upset that he's not going to get demoted even though he should and I'm mad that he gets to be in the game before Tormod and he's basically stuck in the Lugh situation. Ross is a good choice. I'm not sure whether I should be annoyed at the lack of Saleh and Artur or if I should be happy I get to save orbs.

Cormag is ... oh dear. Did IS just decide to make all the popular males crappy GHBs or something? EDIT: Yes, I know we don't know what Cormag's stats are. But both Haar and Conrad were kind of subpar considering some of the crazy shit we've gotten for other GHBs.

Edited by Sunwoo

46 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

3rd? Did you forget poor Brady? Well, I don't judge you... He is pretty forgettable...

And Ground Orders may appear in November's Mythic Banner, with Bride Fjorm.

I meant the 3 I don't own yet, so Mercedes+Norne+Tethys when she drops. Did thankfully grab multiple Brady and Mordecai at some point at 4*. Reyson is currently still my champion of bad luck 4* demotes, having only pulled one of him in 120-200 green orbs pulled since his demotion.

I'm not too optimistic about pulling BFjorm for ground orders fodder on that, since my legend banner luck has been abysmal on average for getting the 1-2 useful focus units on the color I snipe (for reference, it took until Thrasir's banner for me to pick up a single Yune, so that's 6 months of trying every time she was on banner).
So that's why I never trust legend banners anymore, and always use orbs on 2-3 unit banners for more consistent rates if they have valuable stuff.

edit: On the Duo hero topic, it'll be amusing if they go through all the top popular lords again, so I imagine Ike x Soren among other funny possibilities.

Edited by Azuni

6 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

P.S. To go further off-topic, I agree that Gatekeeper will almost certainly be available for voting in CYL. Heck, if the Brigand Boss is an option, why not the one even the JPN community has acknowledged?

Brigand Boss is an option because every single story boss in Echoes is an option, and Brigand Boss happens to be a story boss in Echoes.

27 minutes ago, Azuni said:

I meant the 3 I don't own yet, so Mercedes+Norne+Tethys when she drops. Did thankfully grab multiple Brady and Mordecai at some point at 4*. Reyson is currently still my champion of bad luck 4* demotes, having only pulled one of him in 120-200 green orbs pulled since his demotion.

edit: On the Duo hero topic, it'll be amusing if they go through all the top popular lords again, so I imagine Ike x Soren among other funny possibilities.

Mordecai is the one I got the most. He is +7 right now. Reyson in 2nd, being +4. I also got a bunch of Theas, but I since I don't use her I am not sure how many I have.

Ike and Soren would be cool. Micaiah and Sothe as well.

@Ice Dragon Irma, that cleric that Celica rescue in Chapter 3, was also an option. 

Edited by Diovani Bressan

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Why the hell could we vote for these unnamed bosses and yet not vote for someone like Bryce who HAS a name and a bit of a story role?

I don't know, but that isn't even the most egregious exclusion. Lekain has also never been an option in CYL to date either. Valtome and Hetzel are in there, yet not Lekain for reasons I'll never understand.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I don't know, but that isn't even the most egregious exclusion. Lekain has also never been an option in CYL to date either. Valtome and Hetzel are in there, yet not Lekain for reasons I'll never understand.

...Wow, yeah, that's very weird too. Some named Tellius antagonists, but not all? Wtf, IS...