New Heroes Banner (Desert Mercenaries)

Alexmender

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Next year will be a pretty hard one... I just gave up from Brave Marth since Dimitri, Claude, and the rest of the 3H male characters will be in next year's event. Please Gatekeeper!!!

But Eirika may have a chance. Maybe not against Edelgard, who I believe will be one of the most popular ones, but maybe against the others... So I hope get gets this time!

I will vote for Brave Dorothea with all my hope

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I will vote for Brave Dorothea with all my hope

Brave Dorothea would be interesting... Since I expect her normal version to be a mage with sing, a Brave Dorothea could be a Dancer with Levin Sword, since Dancer is one of her "canon" classes, and she can use Levin Sword pretty well in 3H!

i will vote for Claude and Gatekeeper, if he is an option. For non protagonist, I would like Seteth.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

15 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Next year will be a pretty hard one... I just gave up from Brave Marth since Dimitri, Claude, and the rest of the 3H male characters will be in next year's event. Please Gatekeeper!!!

But Eirika may have a chance. Maybe not against Edelgard, who I believe will be one of the most popular ones, but maybe against the others... So I hope get gets this time!

Me too! I think Marth's fans have enough salt saved up from CYLs 2 and 3 to pull off a win (though Dimitri's definitely getting first place). As for Edelgard, she's controversial enough that I think Eirika still has a chance of getting into the top two as well~

38 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ooooooooooohh... That's dumb

Well... only the color then because he is not part of any duo... He is part of a siblings trio thing, just like the Whitewings.

Is this about Oscar?

He forms a red/green duo with Kieran.

When Kieran and Boyd come hopefully in the next Tellius banner that's two 'groups' finished in one go for Oscar. (Christmas knights/sibling trio)

Also while not cavs, Kaze came to complete the red and green 'ninja' duo with Saizo in year 2. And similarly, Forsyth sort of completes the red/green duo with Lukas I guess.

Edited by mcsilas

22 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Is this about Oscar?

He forms a red/green duo with Kieran.

When Kieran and Boyd come hopefully in the next Tellius banner that's two 'groups' finished in one go for Oscar. (Christmas knights/sibling trio)

Also while not cavs, Kaze came to complete the red and green 'ninja' duo with Saizo in year 2. And similarly, Forsyth sort of completes the red/green duo with Lukas I guess.

No.... calling them Christmas anything...

I was not aware that Oscar and Kieran duo is a thing, since I never used Kieran and I don't care enough about him to know this.

I already knew about Kaze and Saizo being part of the Cain & Abel archetype. Despite knowing that Forsyth and Lukas are considered one, I am kinda mixed about it... because without Echoes DLC that grants Forsyth & Lukas supports, they basically don't interact in their games, so the only related thing they have about the archetype is that they are both units of the same class (soldier/knight/baron) and they have the Green/Red color.

56 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh man Gatekeeper as in that one guy who never has anything to report? I actually really like that guy, and have to say, his voicing is really great! I never thought about him being playable, but goodness, that'd be something!...if people wouldn't get salty over it, which I think they might...

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Oh man Gatekeeper as in that one guy who never has anything to report? I actually really like that guy, and have to say, his voicing is really great! I never thought about him being playable, but goodness, that'd be something!...if people wouldn't get salty over it, which I think they might...

A chance to give Kyle McCarley another Brave Hero that is not from a saturated class. He is a great and very supportive character in 3H, even as a NPC. A lot of 3H players like the guy, but the salt still would exist... But if Brigand Boss and Irma (that random cleric in Celica's route) can be candidates, why not Gatekeeper?

Unless a Veronica situation happens, where he appears in the top 4 when they show the mid-event results, he may not have a chance against Claude and Dimitri. But OH BOY if he gets at least 2nd place!!!

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

A chance to give Kyle McCarley another Brave Hero that is not from a saturated class. He is a great and very supportive character in 3H, even as a NPC. A lot of 3H players like the guy, but the salt still would exist... But if Brigand Boss and Irma (that random cleric in Celica's route) can be candidates, why not Gatekeeper?

Unless a Veronica situation happens, where he appears in the top 4 when they show the mid-event results, he may not have a chance against Claude and Dimitri. But OH BOY if he gets at least 2nd place!!!

Oh wow, so Kyle McCarley voiced him? He did a great job! =D I'm still on my first playthrough of 3H (Blue Lions route, ch19 I think) but I always look forward to talking to the gatekeeper. I'd totally vote for him, but I'm devoted to getting Elena in the game first. I really want to complete the Griel Mercenaries family! Once she's in, maybe I'll vote for him, if he's an option. =D

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Oh wow, so Kyle McCarley voiced him? He did a great job! =D I'm still on my first playthrough of 3H (Blue Lions route, ch19 I think) but I always look forward to talking to the gatekeeper. I'd totally vote for him, but I'm devoted to getting Elena in the game first. I really want to complete the Griel Mercenaries family! Once she's in, maybe I'll vote for him, if he's an option. =D

Yeah. I recognized "Alm's voice" right away.I hope you enjoy the Blue Lions route, since it is one of the better routes (I still prefer the Golden Deer route, and BL is definetly high above Black Eagles for me).

It's funny how all this chat about the Cain and Abel archetype and CYL 4 candidates was more interesting than the banner itself. ... at least for me.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. I recognized "Alm's voice" right away.I hope you enjoy the Blue Lions route, since it is one of the better routes (I still prefer the Golden Deer route, and BL is definetly high above Black Eagles for me).

It's funny how all this chat about the Cain and Abel archetype and CYL 4 candidates was more interesting than the banner itself. ... at least for me.

Thinking about it now, it's obvious. XD; But wow, he's really doing well! I think he's improving, too. Yeah, he makes Alm sound like Alm, and Soren sounds just like I imagined, but McCarley conveyed such emotion through his acting this time! Not that he didn't before, but I can just hear improvement in getting those subtleties down. And yeah, I'm enjoying it. I want to play the other routes, too, but things are going slowly because of time restraints. It's okay, though (as long as I can continue to dodge spoilers...)

As stoked as I am to see Ewan and Ross I am a bit disappointed in how they are being put in. Well if their statlines are solid they still have a chance to be neat I suppose. Ross has the 3*/4* advantage and I really wish if they were going to make Ewan as uninteresting as he is that he would be the demote, since that would make +10'ing him easier. But he almost certainly won't. So instead he ends up being a bland 5*.

Not happy to see that the duo's are limited and also this duo skill is going to be VERY annoying to deal with. Plus unlike Hector this one doesn't really do anything exciting in art design or such.

I question the need for a Farfetched banner. Why do we need a dedicated banner just for CYL runner ups when high popularity in CYL already helps encourage units to appear in future banners. We've already seen many frontunners from CYL 2 in 2019 banners, and there is no reason to not expect 2020 to bring a lot of CYL 3 frontrunners.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Despite knowing that Forsyth and Lukas are considered one, I am kinda mixed about it... because without Echoes DLC that grants Forsyth & Lukas supports, they basically don't interact in their games

To be fair, Cain and Abel never have had a conversation together. Or pretty damn close to it. I am willing to bet the teeny bit of lines they exchanged in TMS rivals or beats the number they've had talking to each other in 1/3/11/12 combined.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

But please make him good. Don't give him the Haar treatment.

Dragonpike would be okay, to end the man who stole his brother. Though I severely doubt it and Deen needs his Dragonpike.

Although, I'm aware but all like 2 Lance Fliers are "fast", Cormag might have a niche if they make him slower and durable. -But I know nothing of FEH's metababble.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be fair, Cain and Abel never have had a conversation together. Or pretty damn close to it. I am willing to bet the teeny bit of lines they exchanged in TMS rivals or beats the number they've had talking to each other in 1/3/11/12 combined.

Dragonpike would be okay, to end the man who stole his brother. Though I severely doubt it and Deen needs his Dragonpike.

Although, I'm aware but all like 2 Lance Fliers are "fast", Cormag might have a niche if they make him slower and durable. -But I know nothing of FEH's metababble.

Tanky fliers generally don't have as much of a place, but I'd personally be okay with that.

I would also really like dragonpike. Dragonslaying weapons tend to skew so heavily into red, with just two green and two blue options (all of which are 5* exclusive). A little more parity would be appreciated since they are dead set on power creeping dragons.

In my opinion, Ephraim and Lyon duo is kinda weird... Because Lyon is just there, cheerleading Ephraim. At least Lilina cheerleading Hector makes more sense, since she is a kid and should not be involved in combat.

Lyon also appears with a tome in the art, so they could at least do something with that, like Sorcery Blade effect for example

Copying the Hurly Gloves from Super Mario RPG would make a for good duo attack, or any M&L Bros. Attack.

Or, maybe one of these for something closer to FE home:

Spoiler

Or there is the entirety of Project X Zone. There are many places Duo Units could go, sweet, cool, cute, excessively flashy. 

But, Duos in FEH is indeed a little weird and a little late. I feel they're better idea for a game made with them in mind from the beginning.

Inheritable dragonslaying options would be very nice. 

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

In my opinion, Ephraim and Lyon duo is kinda weird... Because Lyon is just there, cheerleading Ephraim. At least Lilina cheerleading Hector makes more sense, since she is a kid and should not be involved in combat.

Lyon also appears with a tome in the art, so they could at least do something with that, like Sorcery Blade effect for example

Yeah, it feels so random. If they really wanted to do a Duo Hero with young Ephraim in the lead, I wish they'd gone with Fado.

I like Lyon, but he doesn't get anything out of this.

11 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Duo Heroes are a silly and stupid idea in general.

Imagine putting Duo Heroes who are meant to be available for a limited amount of time (without ever coming back, at least in the foreseeable future) on a Permanent Pool Banner.
500 IQ chess move by IS. Not sure what they were thinking with this one.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Seeing this makes me wonder if IS did put TMS characters in FEH they could make them all Duo heroes so everyone could get in in one banner.  I guess January will tell if TMS has any chance.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

Huh, yeah, that sounds right.

Personally, of the missing cavs from the series, Kieran, Kent, and Sain are the ones I'd like most, followed by Franz. Does Osian count as a Christmas cav?

Yeah, I really want Kieran and Sain too! I also say Sylvain counts as a cav because that's the class he appears in as an enemy in TH as well as the class he is recruited as when doing a non-Blue Lions route. And I really really want him, I love him too much!

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

As for Edelgard, she's controversial enough that I think Eirika still has a chance of getting into the top two as well~

I don't think being controversial really hinders a characters chances. Aside from Veronica and Lyn all female Braves have been controversial. None more than Camilla but Michy and Celica are also controversial characters. Michy's reputation has improved but she was very polarizing for a time and Celica is often considered a bit of a dummy. 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't think being controversial really hinders a characters chances. Aside from Veronica and Lyn all female Braves have been controversial. None more than Camilla but Michy and Celica are also controversial characters. Michy's reputation has improved but she was very polarizing for a time and Celica is often considered a bit of a dummy. 

well to be fair in regards to those characters the controversy surrounding them could just be a loud and very vocal minority. Edelgard's hatebase seems to be much much larger than even Camilla's from what I've seen on twitter and such so her chances of getting a brave alt are relatively slim at least when compared to the other prominent 3H characters like Claude, Dimitri, Byleth, Rhea, and even Bernedetta.