If Fire Emblem 3 Houses ever got an anime, and could only cover 1 route, which route would it cover?

Gordin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I dunno, I heard Persona 4: The Animation was pretty good.

I'd make it a combination of the non-CF routes. Byleth leads the Black Eagles but also spends time with the other houses, giving Byleth and Edelgard a more personal connection while also giving Claude and Dimitri proper screentime. Byleth works together with both Dimitri and Claude after the timeskip, allowing for the inclusion of Dimitri's character arc and Claude's desire to unearth Fódlan's secrets. And within spoiler territory:

Reveal hidden contents

After Edelgard's defeat, TWSITD use their javelins of light on the castle to eliminate all their enemies at once. Edelgard doesn't try to save herself, but Byleth rescues her anyway and everyone escapes. Edelgard is too despondent to help raid Shambhala, so the party goes and defeats Thales without her. Then Nemesis shows up and Edelgard finally decides to help stop him for the good of Fódlan. Rhea sacrifices her life to defeat Nemesis, and with him defeated, Byleth becomes ruler of Fódlan, Claude returns to Almyra, Dimitri works to restore the Kingdom, and Edelgard says farewell to Byleth before vanishing to parts unknown alongside Hubert. Happy end!

Gee, this ended up being more detailed than I expected it to be. But I ended up making it a golden route so it's probably not any good.

Persona 4: The Animation was......okay.

I would put it above most adaptations, though the bar is still pretty low. A lot of plot elements still got really reduced (Naoto didn't get to do much). Also, how they handled the last episode was just weird.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I dunno, I heard Persona 4: The Animation was pretty good.

uh uh.

It's a strict retelliing of the game where non playable social links get a few scenes of one episode at best. The main plot takes religiously few liberties, often relying on the exact dialogue from the game script. And from what I hear P5 anime is more of that. Hard pass, just play the game.

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've never seen it myself, I couldn't bring myself ever to do so. So what you say is infinitely more valuable than my secondhand information.

Detective Pikachu has THE coolest moment anybody has ever done with the pokemon property, and sold me on the idea that humans and pokemon can have a meaningful, wordless relationship, even as complete strangers. But yeah 95% of the movie is B tier at best. Top tier for game movies, but probably does not usurp Rampage as the #1 video game movie. It really depends on whether you prefer action adventure or buddy comedy as genres.

On 11/5/2019 at 3:39 PM, Gordin said:

Favouritism aside, I think that in the unlikely event that 3 houses ever got an anime, it'd probably be Azura Moon or Silver Snow because those are not only the most popular, but would also have the most exciting events methinks. Thoughts?

I put a lot of thought into this and the ideal would likely be Silver snow route but bulking up white clouds with elements of all three routes. That the perspective wouldn't need to remain on Byleth would mean that elements of the rest of the routes could be reconextualized to silver snow during the war phase. Regardless Azure Moon or Silver Snow has the greatest emotional pay off as an anime but the latter is a more full experience.

Also, watch the trailers again. People tohught that they were pushing Black Eagles heavily, I ended fighting against this with an (admitedly) inflammatory thread when I realized how much Crimson Flower was missing compared to other routes. The reason for this of course was that Black Eagles was never meant to be Crimson Flower, it was meant to be Silver Snow which is actually called the Black Eagles route (apparently) in Japanese media. Thus we realize that in truth those trailers were pushing not the Edelgard conquest route but instead the Byleth centric Silver Snow route. Makes sense since your crest marks your faction flag, we learn Byleth's past and the Edelgard/Byleth relationship actually makes sense. Thus I state again, its best if it comes down to a choice of one route only. If not Silver Snow, then it has to be Azure Moon, CRimson flower and Verdant Wind just wouldn't work.

Edited by CyberNinja

7 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

Thus we realize that in truth those trailers were pushing not the Edelgard conquest route but instead the Byleth centric Silver Snow route.

Wow, if that's true, it certainly blew up in their face. Based on both the player data (i.e. Edelgard being top 8 ) and the Reddit poll, BE players choose Crimson Flower by a large margin.

18 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Wow, if that's true, it certainly blew up in their face. Based on both the player data (i.e. Edelgard being top 8 ) and the Reddit poll, BE players choose Crimson Flower by a large margin.

I don't see how in game deployment data could indicate Silver Snow at all when Byleth isn't counted, and that route does not have an exclusive lord to be polled.

Silver Snow provides 9 chapters free of Edelgard and Hubert, so if that route was being picked a lot compared to CF they'd be pushed way down. Yet Edelgard is still on the top 8 last I checked (she's the most-deployed lord despite a "get out of using her" sub-route which the others lack), and Hubert was early on as well.

Beyond that it's just pretty obvious if you pay any attention to the game's fandom. Do you actually doubt this?

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, how is VW controversial?

Nemesis coming out of nowhere and being a random evil zombie. People also seem to enjoy bickering about whether VW or SS ripped the other route off. (I'm guilty of this too.)

AM gets some contraversy over how Dimitri's rehabilitation is handled but overall most people have a high opinion of the route, I'd agree that it's the least controversial.

On 11/5/2019 at 10:35 PM, Sentinel07 said:

I actually thought Detective Pikachu was a pretty good movie, and I mean that unironically. 

Same here. It definitely wasn't perfect, but on its own, it's a good movie. 

On 11/5/2019 at 11:18 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've never seen it myself, I couldn't bring myself ever to do so. So what you say is infinitely more valuable than my secondhand information.

Yeah; try to avoid second-hand information when it comes to the quality of a piece of media unless you're saying something like, "And I'm not the only one; [x] also thought […]." Basically, I find it a good rule not to say anything about something I haven't seen unless I specify, "This review argued this" or something like that. 

Between the two routes I have played - Azure Moon and Verdant Wind, I’d have to say without a doubt Azure Moon. The characters if the Blue Lion house are a lot more tied to certain plot developments than most of the Golden Deer House. Also, I felt it was better as a story. I can’t exactly explain why I feel that way. I felt as I was playing the route that the focus was to write a compelling story, much moreso than Verdant wind. It’s not that Verdant wind lacked a compelling story, but when going from VM to AM, there’s a noticeable difference of something as you progress through the story. Some things that I definitely noticed were Dmitri’s character development,

Spoiler

his relationship with Edelgard,

and the war being much more personal to him 

Spoiler

Given he initially is insistent on murdering Edelgard.

Claude is moreso fighting just because he has to, unlike Edelgard and Dmitri.

Also there’s the fact that I didn’t notice the absence of TWSITD until an off-hand mention late route.

Edited by Arcphoenix

Silver Snow would be the easiest to adapt. Downside is we’d get very little of two of the three lords and Byleth... isn’t that charismatic of a main character.

Azure Moon is the most popular route, but it’s the least comprehensive lore-wise. It’s a hyper focused character arc, essentially, though it is the route that fits the standard Fire Emblem plot (reclaiming the lost kingdom from baddies).

Crimson Flower is the baddie route and all the narrative flaws that come with that.

Verdant Wind doesn’t fit because Claude pretty much carries it and Rhea is a better connection to Fodlan itself tbh.

1 hour ago, Crysta said:

Silver Snow would be the easiest to adapt. Downside is we’d get very little of two of the three lords and Byleth... isn’t that charismatic of a main character.

Actually, come to think about it, it's probably not going to be a problem in any other adaption like manga or anime

Byleth isn't as charismatic because the game made them a silent protagonist, since it's clearly not going to work in an anime series, they have to make them to talk like normal person. As result they wouldn't suffer the problem we have in the game.

Silver Snow provides 9 chapters free of Edelgard and Hubert, so if that route was being picked a lot compared to CF they'd be pushed way down. Yet Edelgard is still on the top 8 last I checked (she's the most-deployed lord despite a "get out of using her" sub-route which the others lack), and Hubert was early on as well.

Beyond that it's just pretty obvious if you pay any attention to the game's fandom. Do you actually doubt this?

I don't doubt Crimson Flower is the more popular of the two overall due to Edelgard being heavily pushed in the marketing and Byleth isn't as interesting, but I am questioning how deployment stat screen could be cite as an evidence when there is nothing from Silver Snow to be compared with since it has no lord, thus no control group.

and do we even know how that survey system works to begin with?

Edited by Timlugia

14 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Byleth isn't as charismatic because the game made them a silent protagonist, since it's clearly not going to work in an anime series, they have to make them to talk like normal person. As result they wouldn't suffer the problem we have in the game.

Byleth is not a silent protagonist. He talks, but he isn't given an in-game voice during dialogue or any noteworthy personality traits.

And the further they deviate from that, the less it'll feel like the Byleth you got to know during the game. Though I'm not sure that would necessarily be a bad thing.

9 minutes ago, Crysta said:

Byleth is not a silent protagonist. He talks, but he isn't given an in-game voice during dialogue or any noteworthy personality traits.

And the further they deviate from that, the less it'll feel like the Byleth you got to know during the game. Though I'm not sure that would necessarily be a bad thing.

True, I should be more precise. But Byleth does have some canonical personalities:

For example, in all non-CF routes they clearly care about Rhea and save her multiple times (three in Silver Snow, two in others), and constantly reminds others to put her welfare on high priority.

They are also against unnecessary violence or use torture and other unusual punishments. 

Edited by Timlugia

I think Silver Snow would be the route to choose, mainly for the relation between Byleth and Edelgard. I think they would make great opposite main characters.

However, taking a few licenses here and there within the story could enrich it. For example, having Byleth being an academy professor with no assigned class at the beginning of the story, so that he would make bonds with all the roster, but after rescuing Flayn, he'd be assigned to the black eagles sure to their main professor, Jeritza, disappearing. This way he'd deepen his bonds with Edelgard even more.

After the timeskip, some events could appear in the anime even without Byleth appearing there, just to build up tension between all for factions before the battle of Gronder fields. At that battle, the church army would arrive late, in time only to save a few characters, and enlist them or have them recovering from their wounds after that I'm the infirmary (I could see Raphael surviving with heavy wounds, and Ignatz promising him to keep up the fight, or some emotional last words from Leonie to Byleth after meeting again).

What I don't like is the satellite-shot missiles that appear twice in the story, it feels out of place for me. Is change it to ultra-powerful ancient magic. It may look alike, but it feels way better suited for the characterisation. High-tech guided missiles... Well, that doesn't work.

Speaking of it, I think those were kinetic orbital strike weapons rather than missile or nuclear devices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment

The way they depict it, how it has flame in the front (reentry heating) rather than in the rear, with no rocket motor; the damage it cause also fits orbital weapon rather than nuclear weapons.

It could be more reasonable in an anime story with proper build up and foreshadowing, such as people know there are artificial satellites above in the sky and more legends about ancient weapon falling from above (besides just valley of torment)

10 hours ago, paladin21 said:

What I don't like is the satellite-shot missiles that appear twice in the story, it feels out of place for me. Is change it to ultra-powerful ancient magic. It may look alike, but it feels way better suited for the characterisation. High-tech guided missiles... Well, that doesn't work.

Reinhardt: "Magic is everything!"

It's not just magic, TWSITD are scientists too 

azure moon as dimitri retains the greatest popularity in japan of the main lords, probably mixed with some elements of verdant wind claude investigating the roots of the war and silver snow byleth origins just to cover the essential bases.

Considering an anime doesn't have to follow any route to the letter, a Silver Snow adaptation (with GD and BL-specific scenes added in Part 1) makes sense with Dimitri and Claude joining the group at different points in Part 2 - e.g. Claude with Judith after Ailell, which gives you an excuse to attend and save Dimitri at Gronder - to get a more rounded story.

You'd then get a spin-off anime/ movie duology that branches off from the Holy Tomb fight to adapt Crimson Flower (think Fate: Heaven's Feel and Steins;Gate 0).

Edit: You know? I know it's highly unlikely, but I feel pretty proud of myself for coming up with that. I wouldn't mind it happening for real one day!

Edited by DefyingFates

I thought... thought..The church would be the best route and would trigger less people. Cause Byleth won't side with any lord at all. All of the lords would die and the story is more focused on Byleth. 

If Byleth needs to side with a  lord, I'd rather see a Claude story run, it's the most complete story. Also the tv show would need to show Dimitri and Edelgard arc on screen. If it's successful they could release spin offs adapting the other routes in movie format.  I wouldn't be surprised if Dimitri is the chosen lord for an adaptation simply because he is the most popular. 

Edited by Mylady