Forging Bonds: Mercenary Matters! (Nov 7th)

Diovani Bressan

Forging Bonds: Mercenary Matters is coming on November 7th!

HX7k9pL.png

The stars of this Forging Bonds Event are Ewan, Tethys, Gerik and Ephraim & Lyon, the new Heroes from the Desert Mercenaries Banner.

News-Forging-Bonds-Mercenary-Matters-Eve

According to the notification about the event:

Arrows indicating which event characters have a boosted chance to
gain friendship have been added to the Forging Bonds screens.

The rewards for this event are:

latest?cb=20170410122150 14 Orbs (2 per day for 7 Days);
latest?cb=20170204105858 16.400 Hero Feathers;
image.png 4 Free Summon Tickets;
latest?cb=20190302175155 40 Heroic Grails;
latest?cb=20171206144254 20 Divine Dews;
1.png 8 Accessories.

News-Forging-Bonds-Mercenary-Matters-Bon

Remember that in Forging Bonds, SP and Hero Merit earned in battle are doubled, so use this opportunity to train your most needed units. 

I hope you enjoy the new stories featured by these Heroes!

Edit:

clbi4vbns2x31.png?width=1735&format=png&

Edited by Diovani Bressan

All the feathers are going to Cormag.  Looking forward to capping HM on several units during this.  I hope I get lucky with the tickets. I always look forward to the character interaction during these, though I kind of hope Marisa, Joshua and Eirika make cameos in this one.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Understated head gear!  Finally!  Not everyone needs a full helmet.

It's interesting seeing these alternate perspectives.

On the very rare occassions in which we do get full helmets, I see a lot of comments saying how much they appreciate accessories that aren't just more headbands or hairpins, but there are clearly those who prefer the headbands and hairpins.

Personally, I like both. I just prefer that they be immersive. I like helmets, headbands, hairpins, etc. I don't like rubber ducks, beach towels, and snorkel gear.

Edited by Etheus

I like headbands and circlets and all the such, but I don't like how they always go over the units hair, especially the ones that clearly go under the original units hair (see Sue's headband or Reyson's circlet).

I know it's probably not possible to make it work the way I like it, but you should try harder to meet my most unloftious expectations, DumSys.

Best accessories now and forever are the duckies and squirrels. Alternative answers are merely opinions, not facts.

But, what we need are wigs. Lots and lots of wigs. I want Ethlyn's hair on Leif's head. Most children in FE4 have their mother's hair color, Leif's must be corrected.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Please let Ewan, Ross and Amelia reunite in this Forging Bonds. Their interactions in FE8 were pure gold. Marisa also needs to talk to Gerik, Lute needs to be in there, God there is so much potential in this Forging Bonds. Please let it be good and not just the characters having somewhat interesting but ultimately pointless conversations with the Askr Trio/Kiran.

Ewan needs to talk to Amelia, Ross and Tethys.

Tethys needs to talk to Gerik, Ewan and Marisa.

Gerik needs to talk to Tethys, Marisa and maybe LA'Rachel.

Ephraim/Lyon need to talk to Eirika, obviously.

And.... just throw Lute in there, somewhere.

9 hours ago, eclipse said:

Understated head gear!  Finally!  Not everyone needs a full helmet.

Ugh, 100% agreed!! The full headgear of the last round was hard, it didn't match that many units. I love the simple head gear I feel like it fits characters better!

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Best accessories now and forever are the duckies and squirrels. Alternative answers are merely opinions, not facts.

But facts are fake news though.

Oh man I love this so muuuuuch! X3 I haven't even seen any supports yet and this is definitely one of my favorite FB stories!

Edit: Huh, that's fun. Both Raigh and Lugh showed up as enemies on the same map.

Edited by Mercakete

@DraceEmpressa please read the topic before posting the same thing that someone else did.  In your case, you're off by twelve hours.

I like the backstory on Gerik and Tethys.  I'd comment on Ewan if I could ever get red support points.  And I want an alternate universe where Ephraim/Lyon wind up being allies for an entire game.

Just finished watching the Ephraim and Lyon conversations (they just so happened to gain the most points. They're at 2922 and everyone else is still below 1000...) Man, this is the kind of content I like! This is why I loved FE9, 7, and 8 so much (not that I've yet finished 7 or 8.) It just resonates with me... I'm also really enjoying Gerik's story. Ewan's is so touching, too. Tethys is one of the dangers in the series I can actually respect; I knew that even before reading these conversations. LOVING the writing in this!

Interesting that Tethys/Fjorm and and Gerik's conversations include the same backstories as told in Tethys/Gerik in SS. Down to using some of the exact word choice in the former case. On the one hand, it's lazy and conflicts with Tethy's saying she'd never tell this story to anybody but the chief. On the other hand, yep probably one of the better support chains in the series and worth ripping off. And is it really plagiarism when you're quoting yourself?

25 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Interesting that Tethys/Fjorm and and Gerik's conversations include the same backstories as told in Tethys/Gerik in SS. Down to using some of the exact word choice in the former case. On the one hand, it's lazy and conflicts with Tethy's saying she'd never tell this story to anybody but the chief. On the other hand, yep probably one of the better support chains in the series and worth ripping off. And is it really plagiarism when you're quoting yourself?

So, did they copy the very end of the TethysxGerik? The part where I've envisioned Tethys leaping into Gerik's arms, and then she begins to slide his pants down?😜 

I think this is my favorite event now ; seeing so many mercenary bands interacting with each other was really special. 

I'll use the mode to decide supports between characters from different games XD. 

Edited by Edrey