Write what you want to happen in Book IV?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it’s about time for a time skip. It doesn’t necessarily need to be a terribly long one but after all that’s happened it would be nice to see the characters mature a bit with spiffy new redesigns. I would also like this book to delve more into Embla and it’s history with Askr. The interactions between Lif and Thrasir were interesting and I want to see that explored with the Alfonse and Veronica of this world.

Edited by Ottservia

• A buff to the Askr trio. At this point there are massively outclassed by majority of the units. Perhaps an in-universe promotion?  
  • A different hook. Not another heartless conquer wants to destroy everything.
  •  Have supporting characters do more. There is more than just Alfonse. The new oc needs to stand out more
  • More consistent with chapters. Not three months of filler to be concluded with one hastily written.
  •  A skill shop, please? Or a way to purchase unit manuals ? 

I expect book 4 to take us to Alfheim, the realm of the  Manakete. Where hip hop plays.

Elves and dark elves, or at least their FEH equivalents. I think it's too soon to take on Not!Odin, Thorr, and Loki. Not jotunn either, they deserve proper build up before appearing. 

Also, I'd like to see Hrid, Ylgr, and Laev again. Seeing them recovering from Book 2 and working to build peace for their countries would be really nice. 

Alfonse becoming king and giving a little bit of spotlight to the rest of the cast. Explain wtf happened with Fjorm or at least remember that Nifl and Muspell exist. Address the dragons and the Askr/Embla situation; Eir seems to have similar ancestors too so i guess that might be conected to the plot line. I guess Thor/Loki are going to be villains so i hope they dont drop the ball with it.

What i want:

- A slight Timeskip with a promotion of Alfonse Sharena and Anna into Overclass/Lordclass or so

-Return of Bruno who will be the new free Book4 unit (prolly as a duo unit with Veronica although i like them to be seperated)

-Brunos search for the cure was maybe successfull but the aftereffect or last peace is dormant in the Realm of Loki/Thorr

What i would like as ingame mechanics:

- Child system

- A faster release of refined weapons

- Class seals for Gen1/Gen2 Units for promotion to boost their BST on par with Gen 4 units

- The ability to send units home for something else then feathers(refine stones, coins dew etc)

- The Ability to Trade 3 5 Stars of a Units Version against one alt copy of your desire: example you can trade 3 regular Gunnthras for 1 Summer Gunnthra. Or trade 3 christmas Ephraims for one Legendary Ephraim or regular Ephraim and so on

23 minutes ago, Hilda said:

What i would like as ingame mechanics:

- Child system

- A faster release of refined weapons

- Class seals for Gen1/Gen2 Units for promotion to boost their BST on par with Gen 4 units

- The ability to send units home for something else then feathers(refine stones, coins dew etc)

- The Ability to Trade 3 5 Stars of a Units Version against one alt copy of your desire: example you can trade 3 regular Gunnthras for 1 Summer Gunnthra. Or trade 3 christmas Ephraims for one Legendary Ephraim or regular Ephraim and so on

I know that a lot of people like the child system in Awakening/Fates... but please no!

Faster Refinements would be great... or at least more than 4... In some updates we got 7 or 8... this would be a better number than 4.

I don't see this coming. Dragonflowers increase unit's stats, but not their BST. This was the perfect moment to do it, but the decided to don't. Maybe now that we are reaching some high BST units, IntSys decided to release Duel Sacred Seals... It's not a solution for the problem, though...

Yeah, I would like to send home units for grails or sacred coins.

My impression from this last one is that you have a lot of repeated 5* Heroes... and want a way to get rid of them and get something good in exchange...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I would like the writing to continue to improve. Other than that, I have no specific desires, just guesses.

Based on @Ice Dragon's statements that the game is probably planned to run for five years (with possible extension), I'm guessing that there are 5 pre-planned story Books, so any loose threads from Books I-III should be tied up by then. Because of that, I expect that Bruno will not be a major player in Book IV (though Veronica may be dragged in by Loki). This book looks like it'll be exploring more of the cosmic world surrounding Askr and Embla, what with Thórr being a thing, and Alfaðor being mentioned as her and Loki's boss. Who Eir's parents were may also tie in.

I hope that Book V comes back to earth and deals with the four dragons of the kingdoms of Zenith, hopefully tying up Bruno and Veronica's stories and leading to their base forms being made playable (and Élivágar and Valaskjálf better be refinable).

For non-story-related hopes, I want grindable Refining Stones and Sacred Coins. I realise that most people have enough to do everything they need to with what we get, but I have an obsessive need for completionism that triggers every time I look at the Weapon Refinery menu and see so many skills still to be learned... Putting these on the Lunatic levels of the Training Tower would help make that mode somewhat relevant again.

Also skill shop, using Arena Medals. That would be great. Maybe Bruno could send us a letter about yet another shrine where the ancients figured out how to transmute useless junk into training manuals.

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I know that a lot of people like the child system in Awakening/Fates... but please no!

I recall Fates had "Bond Units" that you could create via MyCastle visiting other players. A magically created offspring born of two avatars, with some inherited stuff.

A freebie unit you could craft based on what two units you have that you pair together. Its stats would be the average of the two individuals in every category, and its skills would be selected from the individuals too. Not sure if this would have any usefulness in gameplay, it probably wouldn't. FEH gives you no shortage of options.

But the idea could be fairly simple in lore. You are given a soulless manikin, through the deep bond of two individuals, you can give life to the empty doll. And if desired, you can suck the life out of the vessel and fill it anew with a different essence.

-Other than this, I cannot see children working whatsoever in FEH. Who would the children be? How would they be made?

-Would this just end up being a fusion system that of Shin Megami Tensei? As combining Brave Micaiah + Brave Alm = Brave Eliwood? But then, the laws of what fuses into what have to be written. And, there should be some logic behind it, with UI updates to suggest to players what makes what. And, the fusion system has to be updated for every new banner released. This is far, far too much effort far too late in the life of FEH to be worth acting on.

Story

Prepare to go back to basics. Book 4 can be more crappy Norse fanfiction, but it has to be the end of it. Let's kill Loki and move on.

Go back to Askr and Embla. Resolve the Bruno plotline. Resolve the dragons of Askr and Embla. Make the story functional again.

Another way to make old heroes relevant

Weapon refines are nice. But unique skills/passives for units who are still lacking even post refine would be nice.

Or alternative prf weapons for characters like Seth and Frederick who have fucking awful weapons.

Summoner Support Revamp

Apply summoner support to a chosen unit in all of your parties. No battles necessary.

Mode Revamps

Third row of bonus units added to Arena and Aether Raids.

Arena Assault reduced to 5 rounds.

Small quantities of Heroic Grails and Dragonflowers added to Arena and Arena Assault.

Summoning Pool Revamp

Retire book 1 3-4 star units.

Add in permanent 2 star banner. Infinite duration summon sessions in which you click on the orb to summon on that color using the same color crystals and shards. First summon of the day has a 6% chance to be a Book 1 5 star of the chosen color.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Why exactly is it that everyone assumes that a free banner necessarily has to be lower than 3-star rarity?

Because this is Fire Emblem Heroes and they aren't exactly known for their generosity.

Any way, if it were 3 stars, I would be happy with that, but something tells me that the ability to convert worthless materials into a large sum of feathers isn't something they'd want.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Because this is Fire Emblem Heroes and they aren't exactly known for their generosity.

Bumping up the new account free units to 4-star rarity was basically them saying "we realize 2-star units are useless and obsolete". I don't think they'll ever give out new 1-star or 2-star units in the future considering there's no longer a need to reach level 20 to increase a unit's rarity and the feather cost to go from 2-star to 3-star rarity is trivial.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Etheus Maybe this lower rarity banner uses less orbs as well... I would say 3 > 2 > 2 > 2 > 1, insteado of 5 > 4 > 4 > 4 > 3.

The entire point is to not use orbs at all. Etheus specifically said it would use crystals and shards.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

My impression from this last one is that you have a lot of repeated 5* Heroes... and want a way to get rid of them and get something good in exchange...

They are sitting there collecting dust

Honestly i even suggested to introduce a mode as in "GHB Maker":
- Create your own GHB maps, load them up, let people take on the challenge. Each attempt from a UNIQUE Player rewards you with 50 Feathers (repeated attempts from same user dont give you anything)
- Set your own rule if you like: no dancers, or no healers, no cavalry
- Attach a reward from your barracks: This can be a 5 Star unit a 4 star 3 star heck even only feathers if you want.

The user with the lowest amount of scoreing wins after 2weeks. BST isnt a factor in the Scoring, only Skill points. Basicly the same Scoring System as Arena but in reverse and BST doesnt matter. The less skills you use in a slot the higher your rank!

Of course you need to beat the GHB yourself when you upload it, just like in Mario Maker.

Edited by Hilda

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Honestly i even suggested to introduce a mode as in "GHB Maker":
- Create your own GHB maps, load them up, let people take on the challenge. Each attempt from a UNIQUE Player rewards you with 50 Feathers (repeated attempts from same user dont give you anything)
- Set your own rule if you like: no dancers, or no healers, no cavalry
- Attach a reward from your barracks: This can be a 5 Star unit a 4 star 3 star heck even only feathers if you want.

The user with the lowest amount of scoreing wins after 2weeks. BST isnt a factor in the Scoring, only Skill points. Basicly the same Scoring System as Arena but in reverse and BST doesnt matter. The less skills you use in a slot the higher your rank!

Basically a AR map without the defensive structures, but more customization for units and custom starting position?

Jokes aside... this sounds interesting...

I'd love for us to get a free duo for the free unit as I wouldn't want us to have another new hero type introduced. Just give them an extra unility to explain them not being in the main pool as their Duo skills are not enough. 

Also for story I would like them to talk about, *spoilers for chapter 13 of book iii* Eir's homeland, also for 3 whole books we've been talking about Embla's curse and Bruno's look for a cure but we never have any progress with that one, also Loki and Thorr are now just hanging in the back along with Alfaðör I think his name is, I wonder what will be their role. 

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Basically a AR map without the defensive structures, but more customization for units and custom starting position?

Jokes aside... this sounds interesting...

Not quite like AR. You can place units on the GHB maps you dont have and even bloat up their stats to make like an Abyssal map. Pick skills for them you dont have to create the map. Even set up reinforcements either by turn condition or by if x deafeated then spawn reinforcement y. Like really creating GHBs yourself for other people to play! With rewards from your barracks if you like (or none if you dont want to attach a reward to it).

Honestly, I don't expect nothing huge with the Version 4.0 update... What we got with Version 3.0? Cancer Mythic Heroes for AR, Free Summon Tickets and the annoucement of Beast Units... that were added in Version 3.1. Of course, they added new modes in updates after Ver. 3.0, so all these ideas that we got were not guaranteed to be added right away.

To be fair, my expectations for Book IV's Feh Channel are  quite low, because what we got in Book III's channel was kinda meh. Book's II was more exciting, because not only we didn't expected the new story but in Ver. 2.0 we got the Weapon Refinery.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Storywise I'd like for Sharena to get the focus for once. Like, make Alfonse too busy with the king stuff to stay with the Order of Heroes 24/7 and so Sharena has to take the spot. And if they bother developing her a bit then make her less naive or something. 

For the new free unit...Anything is fine by me but I'd prefer a free pair up hero because AB is annoying when it isn't Julia season. I don't want a new gimmick because Legendary/Mythic/Duo already seems enough, but I'm not hopeful.