Write what you want to happen in Book IV?

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Storywise I'd like for Sharena to get the focus for once. Like, make Alfonse too busy with the king stuff to stay with the Order of Heroes 24/7 and so Sharena has to take the spot. And if they bother developing her a bit then make her less naive or something. 

For the new free unit...Anything is fine by me but I'd prefer a free pair up hero because AB is annoying when it isn't Julia season. I don't want a new gimmick because Legendary/Mythic/Duo already seems enough, but I'm not hopeful.

Calling it now: we will get 4 new Aeonian blessings! Umbral, Galactic, Luxor, Spiritual

Just so our barracks get fucked up even more!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storywise I'd be down for Sharena taking the spotlight. Book III was very much the book of Alfonse so the text tale should have a bigger focus on Sharena. 

Alfonse could definitely still be allowed but maybe with a little bit less importance. Plenty of ways to arrange that. Have his duties as king interfere with his Hero duties, have him be kidnapped for a while, have him fall ill with Sharena being the one to look for a cure or have him make the decision to examine how will Sharena would perform when in charge. 

Sharena definitely deserves something. It's too bad they treat her more like Lissa than Eirika. Alfonse got his character development now so there's really no reason to drag it out longer.

As for plot, I can see a few possibilities. Given that we didn't get all the information on where Eir came from, I can see a somewhat continuation of that.

The Spring Tempest Trial also pretty much laid out that we'll be fighting Dragon Embla sometime, so it'll be a wonder when they'll play that card.

I'll go ahead and post what I said on this topic in the book 3 thread.

I do think that the next bit of story will focus on tracing Eir's origins. We're going to discover the kingdom named after the life dragon, I'm sure. And I bet that will be Valhalla. We may pick up with Bruno, too. He's been all around trying to find out how to stop Embla's royalty's curse, after all. (So devoted to that cause is he that he even dressed as a bunny to acquire more information.) Alfonse still needs to be crowned, but something tells me that'll be put off for a while. Muspell and Nifl are working on rebuilding (under Leavatein and Hrid, respectively) and if Eir's the last of the life people's royalty, then she'll need to go back to her kingdom. We're assembling to eventually fight the demon who's controlling Embla, I bet. I can't wait to hear more about Valhalla, the dragons, and the previous Emblan ruler's split bloodline! (He had 2 ladies, I believe one was Bruno's mom and the other was Veronica's, that or they share a mom but the emperor's previous wife died or something, I think.)

Focus more on Sharena please. Alfonse has had some good moments, but Sharena has been shoved aside too much. Female lords in general get shoved aside too much in favor of the males and it bugs me a lot. Let a female shine more for once and stop being sexist about this.

18 minutes ago, TriforceP said:

I hope this won't be a recurring theme, but I have to wonder if it will be

To be fair, they kind of put themselves in a hole with that plot point, so I'm thinking of it as a one-off that they won't repeat.

At the least, they didn't repeat it with Eir, so I'm guessing they learned.

30 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

To be fair, they kind of put themselves in a hole with that plot point, so I'm thinking of it as a one-off that they won't repeat.

At the least, they didn't repeat it with Eir, so I'm guessing they learned.

I was fully expecting them to do some kind of "Fjorm died while you were gone and now you have to fight her" reveal or something when they went to Hel, so I guess I'm just kinda miffed that didn't happen.

3 hours ago, TriforceP said:

I was fully expecting them to do some kind of "Fjorm died while you were gone and now you have to fight her" reveal or something when they went to Hel, so I guess I'm just kinda miffed that didn't happen.

it would be interesting and weird for the Askr Trio finding Fjorm in Hel's army, when they even don't know that she is dying, since they don't know about the Rite of Frost's sacrifice.

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Let a female shine more for once and stop being sexist about this.

I mean... you would have been right in a pre-Three Houses world, in which either female lords were seen as naive (Celica, Eirika, femCorrin) or had less story relevance compared to the male lords (Micaiah, Elincia, Lyn, Lucina, Sharena)

But I don't think you can accuse IS of sexism anymore after Edelgard, who isn't weak and naive, and doesn't suffer from less screentime compared to the male lords (she actually has more screentime provided you 100% the game). And she is also not sexualized at all, unless you go out of your way to sexualize her (something you can do with every single character in the game, so it doesn't count). I could add some other things, but I don't want to spoil 3 Houses for FEH players that have not played the game yet.

To be fair Edelgard could be the exception to the rule, and starting with Fire Emblem 17 we could go back to the usual single male lord gets most of the screen-time, but I am optimistic.

At worst the female lords will still be in the minority (see 3H with two male lords and one female lord instead of 2 females and 1 male) but I think you are more concerned about quality over quantity, and I am the same.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

I mean... you would have been right in a pre-Three Houses world, in which either female lords were seen as naive (Celica, Eirika, femCorrin) or had less story relevance compared to the male lords (Micaiah, Elincia, Lyn, Lucina, Sharena)

But I don't think you can accuse IS of sexism anymore after Edelgard, who isn't weak and naive, and doesn't suffer from less screentime compared to the male lords (she actually has more screentime provided you 100% the game). And she is also not sexualized at all, unless you go out of your way to sexualize her (something you can do with every single character in the game, so it doesn't count). I could add some other things, but I don't want to spoil 3 Houses for FEH players that have not played the game yet.

To be fair Edelgard could be the exception to the rule, and starting with Fire Emblem 17 we could go back to the usual single male lord gets most of the screen-time, but I am optimistic.

At worst the female lords will still be in the minority (see 3H with two male lords and one female lord instead of 2 females and 1 male) but I think you are more concerned about quality over quantity, and I am the same.

Edelgard is just one female lord of many. And she still has to share the spotlight with males. IS is still sexist.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Edelgard is just one female lord of many. And she still has to share the spotlight with males. IS is still sexist.

Ana I’m sorry but I’m gonna have to stop you right there. That kind of “assume the worst” of everyone thinking leads to the same kind of thought process that says Sylvain is sexist cause he’s a playboy(which completely ignores all the nuances of his character). I realize I’m treading on a slippery slope but don’t go throwing around words like “sexist” lightly with such over-generalized statements cause that is dangerous and leads down a rabbit hole you do not want to go down.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wdym IS is sexist. We keep getting almost only females on every single summer banner. I want my cute guys too but instead we're getting stuff like Ylgr. Last summer we only got 2 males and females got like 8 summer alts. I'd say it has become the opposite of sexism.

7 minutes ago, Gordin said:

Wdym IS is sexist. We keep getting almost only females on every single summer banner. I want my cute guys too but instead we're getting stuff like Ylgr. Last summer we only got 2 males and females got like 8 summer alts. I'd say it has become the opposite of sexism.

That's just being sexist in another way. In Heroes, IS thinks only females appeal more to the playerbase and they just about always get better skills and such. The men are just afterthoughts, to throw a bone to those who like males. 😕

What I would like for the next book is to head into Valhalla. We've seen what happens to those in Hel, so now let's see what happens to those otherwise. I'd also like to see the real Lif and Thrasir, and what they think of those that took their names. Heck, maybe we might see the ones that took their names in a heavenly form, together with the ancient heroes. That would be really cool. Fire Emblem: Awakening could've had this, but didn't really, and it was a shame. More on Loki’s back story and motives could be nice too, especially since it's implied that she's not even loyal to the one she serves. If Loki’s consistently acting as an enemy and not really loyal, then perhaps the new character, Thorr, will be an ally. It's interesting to think about.

It's also interesting to think about the possibility that there will be five books rather than four. I thought four would be the last, but that does not appear to be the case. On one hand, I like the story, but I also want a conclusion for the characters I followed since the beginning. It will be sad when it ends, but I hope whatever conclusion there is a good one.

Edited by wheelsonfire

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's just being sexist in another way. In Heroes, IS thinks only females appeal more to the playerbase and they just about always get better skills and such. The men are just afterthoughts, to throw a bone to those who like males. 😕

Again not that I necessarily disagree but please don’t over-generalize like this. It’s bad and leads to very backwards logic. For your own good please do not go down that rabbit hole of over-generalization and straw manned arguments that lead no where.

cause here’s the thing ana by that logic IS is not allowed to create fanservice for anyone cause if they made fanservice for females(or gay guys) that could also be seen as sexist because you’re objectifying males for the sake of appealing to females and that would be a double standard. Y’see what I mean when I say this kind of thinking is dangerous and backwards.

Edited by Ottservia

24 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Again not that I necessarily disagree but please don’t over-generalize like this. It’s bad and leads to very backwards logic. For your own good please do not go down that rabbit hole of over-generalization and straw manned arguments that lead no where.

cause here’s the thing ana by that logic IS is not allowed to create fanservice for anyone cause if they made fanservice for females(or gay guys) that could also be seen as sexist because you’re objectifying males for the sake of appealing to females and that would be a double standard. Y’see what I mean when I say this kind of thinking is dangerous and backwards.

Hmm good logic here. I don't want anyone being objectified. Even with fictional characters, allowing such a thing does something to the brain that leads to objectifying real people. That's no good. However, I do agree with Ana to a degree, too. I want everyone to be treated equally. That doesn't mean equally bad is good, though. Rather, I'd rather everyone be treated equally with respect. That's the most honest opinion I have on...everything in general, I think. Healthy mindsets and experiences for all. 🙂

Edit: However, the sad truth is that I also don't expect it. People will objectify other people (fictional or not) and there's not a lot we can do about it. People will exploit this, too, to make money, or because they've become desensitized to it. All we can do is refresh our own prospective on it every once in a while, and gently remind people of these truths.

Edited by Mercakete

I want the Weekly Revival Foci to be permanent.

I want more Barracks space. Just give me 2,000 at once so I do not have to complain about running out of Barracks space over and over for the next year or two.

These are all wishful thinking.

I want New Heroes Foci to have six characters each. And to compensate for the lower summoning rate, I want each main New Heroes Foci to accompanied by six single character Foci. Including the 3*/4* unit and GHB unit, that means each Foci will introduce 8 characters at a time.

I also want New Heroes Foci to demote half their characters like the original six character Foci at the start of the game instead of just one or none like now.

I also want all New Heroes Foci to have annual reruns like Special Heroes Foci.

Edited by XRay