Top 10 Favorite Characters Thread

Dr. C

List your top 10 favorite characters in blazing sword and why. The reason can be character or combat based but there has to be a reason.

10. Bartre- Hilarious supports But my goodness what a rough base speed.

9. Vaida- As a unit, decent. Supports are hilarious and some profound. But that awful Dorcas support anchors her. 

8. Sain-Kind of one note but.. still hilarious. 

7. Guy-I just love my crit monkeys and his crit animations are superior to Dart’s. I also find his character kind of cool but the wandering swordsman has been done to death.

6. Canas-He’s quirky and funny and has a very fun unique class to play with.

5. Matthew-He’s plucky, cheeky and witty and has a compelling if sad love story. Falls out of plot relevance too soon. 

4. Lyn- Better crit animations than Guy and I honestly find her story better than the main. She’s a fierce strong female orotagonist Andy was the original ninja beforebfates did it. (Ninja Girl was my nickname for her for dodging so much)

3. Nino- aghast said it better than anyone. She’s the girl that deserved better but my goodness what a character arch! Haven’t used her Ina while but have to give her props where it is due. 

2. Rath-Strong silent type and meh character development but... something about him is SO COOL!

1. Priscilla-Cornwall subplot is best in the games and her class is spectacular. What more is there to say? She has the best utility of any unit in the game and a compelling character to boot. LOVE HER!

Edited by Dr. C
Typo

1. Lysithea

A girl with a very good backstory and despite what happened in backstory she persists in reaching her goals. Despite her height she's really courageous.

2. Julia

Grows from a weak willed cleric to someone who grows the confidence to kill someone she cares for.

3. Edelgard

A Proactive Female protagonist who has a very (albeit rushed) story? Sign me up!

4. Finn
Who doesn't love a handsome loyal knight that puts his life on the line for their lord and is even willing to starve himself for that lord. I also love how in some of his dialogue you can just read the pain Finn has gone through and how difficult his life has been.

5. Tine
An abused girl who slowly goes through an arc where she processes the things she's been through and can even end up killing the woman who drove her mother to suicide? What's not to love.

6. Eirika 
I love Eirika for being a badass yet incredible sweet and hopeful character. Had I been younger I probably would have disliked her but I really came to like those qualities.

7. Jill
A racist that realizes that she's been lied to and fights against her own country and even her own father. Now that's something I can respect.

8. Felix
I've always wanted to see a character like Felix. A character that tells the "honor is really important and being a knight is the most important" characters to sod off.

9. Sanaki
I love they wrote her as this very strong,sensitive and caring young girl despite what her attitude in her first real meeting might make you think. Her interactions with Reyson are so strong and seeing her beg in his presence shows how much she wants to fix the mistakes of the past.

10. Tiki 

I have a soft spot for Tiki. She's not deep but I like how despite having been alive for 1000 years and having seen humanity at its worst she keeps helping them when they need her because she knows that humans are worth fighting for.

34 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

1. Lysithea

A girl with a very good backstory and despite what happened in backstory she persists in reaching her goals. Despite her height she's really courageous.

2. Julia

Grows from a weak willed cleric to someone who grows the confidence to kill someone she cares for.

3. Edelgard

A Proactive Female protagonist who has a very (albeit rushed) story? Sign me up!

4. Finn
Who doesn't love a handsome loyal knight that puts his life on the line for their lord and is even willing to starve himself for that lord. I also love how in some of his dialogue you can just read the pain Finn has gone through and how difficult his life has been.

5. Tine
An abused girl who slowly goes through an arc where she processes the things she's been through and can even end up killing the woman who drove her mother to suicide? What's not to love.

6. Eirika 
I love Eirika for being a badass yet incredible sweet and hopeful character. Had I been younger I probably would have disliked her but I really came to like those qualities.

7. Jill
A racist that realizes that she's been lied to and fights against her own country and even her own father. Now that's something I can respect.

8. Felix
I've always wanted to see a character like Felix. A character that tells the "honor is really important and being a knight is the most important" characters to sod off.

9. Sanaki
I love they wrote her as this very strong,sensitive and caring young girl despite what her attitude in her first real meeting might make you think. Her interactions with Reyson are so strong and seeing her beg in his presence shows how much she wants to fix the mistakes of the past.

10. Tiki 

I have a soft spot for Tiki. She's not deep but I like how despite having been alive for 1000 years and having seen humanity at its worst she keeps helping them when they need her because she knows that humans are worth fighting for.

There was a strange amount of errors in posting this.

i didn’t specify blazing sword because I thought I had posted in the blazing sword sub forum since that was what I selected.

I thought top 10 in whole series might be daunting but you have proven me wrong! 

I will edit this comment with more thoughts when I am in the car on the way home.

2 hours ago, Dr. C said:

There was a strange amount of errors in posting this.

i didn’t specify blazing sword because I thought I had posted in the blazing sword sub forum since that was what I selected.

I thought top 10 in whole series might be daunting but you have proven me wrong! 

I will edit this comment with more thoughts when I am in the car on the way home.

Oh wow, my mistake.

I saw someone made a new thread with top 10 favorite characters and when I clicked on it the first thing I saw on the page ">Fire Emblem > Top 10 Favorite characters thread" I didn't see the GBA part >_>

Well, just pretend you didn't see that.

Not sure of the order, but here are 10 for FE7

Hector: Clearly uncomfortable with his position as a noble, but he is still the kinda friend/brother that would drop everything, and let the world burn to help them. Plus being an axe lord became retroactively refreshing

Raven: The heart of the Cornwall side plot, whose vengeance while first delayed by brotherly love, is ended by seeing his victims as real people.

Legault: The Hurricane, respected by the Black Fang up until his defection.

Kishuna: The magic seal; the morph that was supposed to be special, before madness overtook his creator.

Nino: She does her best, and its fun to train an Est.

Farina: My favorite of the Pegasisters, and by far the most mercenary. Best ending is the three Pegasisters pairing with the three lords.

Eliwood: Poor guy tends to get overshadowed by the other lords, despite how expressive he is. He gets hit with tragedy after tragedy, but he always get back up afterwards to make the world a better place.

Heath: Always been a fan of Wyvern riders, and he is the first. Plus that green and white hair is interesting.

Canas: Not only do I like his bookishness, but also his rebranding of dark magic as elder magic.

Jaffar: Seeing his broken emotions awaken under Nino's kindness is just too adorable.

On 11/7/2019 at 10:13 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Not sure of the order, but here are 10 for FE7

Hector: Clearly uncomfortable with his position as a noble, but he is still the kinda friend/brother that would drop everything, and let the world burn to help them. Plus being an axe lord became retroactively refreshing

Raven: The heart of the Cornwall side plot, whose vengeance while first delayed by brotherly love, is ended by seeing his victims as real people.

Legault: The Hurricane, respected by the Black Fang up until his defection.

Kishuna: The magic seal; the morph that was supposed to be special, before madness overtook his creator.

Nino: She does her best, and its fun to train an Est.

Farina: My favorite of the Pegasisters, and by far the most mercenary. Best ending is the three Pegasisters pairing with the three lords.

Eliwood: Poor guy tends to get overshadowed by the other lords, despite how expressive he is. He gets hit with tragedy after tragedy, but he always get back up afterwards to make the world a better place.

Heath: Always been a fan of Wyvern riders, and he is the first. Plus that green and white hair is interesting.

Canas: Not only do I like his bookishness, but also his rebranding of dark magic as elder magic.

Jaffar: Seeing his broken emotions awaken under Nino's kindness is just too adorable.

Thank you for providing reasons and yeah, I seriously considered Jaffar but Jaffar is so inextricably linked to Nino that I put her instead. 

I do agree that Eliwood does not get enough love as a character. He would easily make a top 15 for me but just misses top 10 for me.

I've almost played through the game once now (I am about to start Chapter 30 in Eliwood mode later tonight) so here are my current faves:

10. Louise: Haven't really used her yet but plan to in Hector mode she seems super sweet and her relationship with Pent is great

9. Priscilla: Super handy healer and I love the dynamic between her and her brother Raven/Raymond

8. Florina: Typical weak character to start that becomes good once trained but she's super cute and wants to do her best to help Lyn

8. Kent: Most people prefer Sain but I like Kent. Super loyal knight with some sweet red hair to boot.

7. Lyn: Strong lead female at least for her mode which is why she isn't higher. Her crit animations are super sweet and I love her promotion. I really like bow units even if bows aren't great in the GBA games.

6. Canas: A guy that uses dark magic who isn't actually dark himself he just likes to study it. I love that it shows dark magic isn't necessarily always evil it just depends on the intent of the user  behind it. He has a sweet Monocle too. 

5. Lucius: Probably my favourite "appears feminine but is actually a guy" type character that is common throughout the series. It was also super refreshing to a use monk that starts offensive with magic and gained healing capabilities later as it's always been vice versa for me in other games I've played.

4. Nino: I did't use her yet as my Erk turned out super good this time but I plan to try to train her when I play Hector mode. Some great character development and she's just trying to "do her best."

3. Rebecca: As mentioned earlier I love archers and Rebecca has been super good for me. I also really like her design as it's very different from most other Fire Emblem characters I've seen. Also village girl that takes up arms that takes guts. 

2. Ninian: What can I say? I'm a sucker for the canon Ninian/Eliwood ship it's just too cute. I also like that she comes across as a rather quiet and shy character which is a nice contrast to most of the cast.

1. Eliwood: Same as I said above with the ship he is also fairly handsome. He is my fave lord in this game and probably even among my top 3 favourite lords in the whole series. He is very kind and selfless. Even though he knows he's not great in battle he still takes up arms. He also likes to treat everyone as equals even though he is a lord. 

4 hours ago, Holla99 said:

I've almost played through the game once now (I am about to start Chapter 30 in Eliwood mode later tonight) so here are my current faves:

10. Louise: Haven't really used her yet but plan to in Hector mode she seems super sweet and her relationship with Pent is great

9. Priscilla: Super handy healer and I love the dynamic between her and her brother Raven/Raymond

8. Florina: Typical weak character to start that becomes good once trained but she's super cute and wants to do her best to help Lyn

8. Kent: Most people prefer Sain but I like Kent. Super loyal knight with some sweet red hair to boot.

7. Lyn: Strong lead female at least for her mode which is why she isn't higher. Her crit animations are super sweet and I love her promotion. I really like bow units even if bows aren't great in the GBA games.

6. Canas: A guy that uses dark magic who isn't actually dark himself he just likes to study it. I love that it shows dark magic isn't necessarily always evil it just depends on the intent of the user  behind it. He has a sweet Monocle too. 

5. Lucius: Probably my favourite "appears feminine but is actually a guy" type character that is common throughout the series. It was also super refreshing to a use monk that starts offensive with magic and gained healing capabilities later as it's always been vice versa for me in other games I've played.

4. Nino: I did't use her yet as my Erk turned out super good this time but I plan to try to train her when I play Hector mode. Some great character development and she's just trying to "do her best."

3. Rebecca: As mentioned earlier I love archers and Rebecca has been super good for me. I also really like her design as it's very different from most other Fire Emblem characters I've seen. Also village girl that takes up arms that takes guts. 

2. Ninian: What can I say? I'm a sucker for the canon Ninian/Eliwood ship it's just too cute. I also like that she comes across as a rather quiet and shy character which is a nice contrast to most of the cast.

1. Eliwood: Same as I said above with the ship he is also fairly handsome. He is my fave lord in this game and probably even among my top 3 favourite lords in the whole series. He is very kind and selfless. Even though he knows he's not great in battle he still takes up arms. He also likes to treat everyone as equals even though he is a lord. 

Nice to see Kent and Eliwood get some love!

top 10 Blazing sword characters eh?

10. Eliwood. His determination and prowess is quite admirable and he is exactly what you would think of for a good nobleman.

9. Bartre. i like his relationship with karla and his growth from 7 to 6. The progress of maturity and intelligence in a person over the years.

8. Karla. At first i just really liked her design but then her tragic story made me like her even more.

7. Legault. I like how hes the only rational person left in the Black fang. he makes the right choice. 

6. Fiora. She is exactly what a Pegasus knight should act /look like. 

5. Raven. Other then being one of my favorite units to use, i like his story of revenge and its outcome. 

4. Renault. Some of the best supports Fire emblem has ever put out, need i say more?

3. Ninian. I dont really know what it is but ive always loved ninian. I like the heroine aspect but shes not completely usless. plus her design is fantastic.

2. Hector. One of the best lords in the series and always puts everyone else before himself. one of the best friends a person could have.

1. Rath. I love sacae and the tribes that live there. him being part of the kutolah as well makes him even more awesome. love his design and selflessness when it comes to others of the plains. Nomads are something i wish came back in modern day FE, not just bow knight but Nomad troopers, with the bows and swords.