Wave 3 DLC out now.

Armagon

Bizarre that Jeritza doesn't have a support with Edelgard, just with Byleth and Mercedes. Meanwhile Anna is a glorified playable npc with no supports with anyone.  For I don't know if this is  better or worse than the avatar sexual characters in the 3ds games. At leas more saves is appreciated. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Anna tells you that Abyss is a place under the Monastery where a group of people live under for reasons. She tells us not to go there. Hmm...Sounds similar to TWSID.... I guess they really want us to buy the 4th wave of DLC.

4 minutes ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Does Jeritza gets more involved in story cutscenes? At the very least, there should be a scene at the start of part 2 where he properly introduce himself.

We don't know yet. The update notes does mention some text has changed, so it's safe to assume Manuela's convo that mentions him has been changed accordingly.

At the very least, I can confirm he comments on the upcoming/past events like everyone does on the monastery and has his own batch of lost items to find.

15 minutes ago, Moltz23 said:

We don't know yet. The update notes does mention some text has changed, so it's safe to assume Manuela's convo that mentions him has been changed accordingly.

At the very least, I can confirm he comments on the upcoming/past events like everyone does on the monastery and has his own batch of lost items to find.

I can probably think of one thing they changed:

Spoiler

In Blue Lions, the scene where Mercedes is beside Jeritza/Death Knight/Emile when he dies (only if you completed the Caspar/Mercedes paralogue).

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

PSA: The fuzzies have breed names.

Cutest shit ever.

I really need to call FastCard so I can get that e-shop card working. I wanna pet the doggos.

@Interdimensional Observer Glad to see I'm not the only one that likes the armor break designs. They look like what they would actually be wearing underneath their clothes.

14 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I really need to call FastCard so I can get that e-shop card working. I wanna pet the doggos.

Turns out you can just feed them, but I'm not complaining.

54 minutes ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

I can probably think of one thing they changed:

Reveal hidden contents

In Blue Lions, the scene where Mercedes is beside Jeritza/Death Knight/Emile when he dies (only if you completed the Caspar/Mercedes paralogue).

That was in the base game. Do Mercedes and Jeritza have a paired ending?

Edited by ZeManaphy

So dataminers found some text and growth rate fro DLC4 characters

Interestingly there are actually 5 of them, first four all carry major crests, one of them is significantly older than students.

The 5th one is interesting, a church character good at both weapon and magic, carry blood of Seiros, he must be related to either Rhea or Edelgard somehow.

Ironically, the DLC would be way better received if ANNA was the free character, and the entire Crimson Flower path & Jeritza were paid DLC.

It might also be more intuitive/convenient from a player perspective. My first complete playthrough (as with an apparent majority of players) was Crimson Flower. Now I have to replay it to get the complete experience.

7 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Ironically, the DLC would be way better received if ANNA was the free character, and the entire Crimson Flower path & Jeritza were paid DLC.

Hard disagree. Crimson Flower, limited though it may be, is so much more content than the DLC we've gotten thus far. People have (somewhat justifiably IMO) complained about missing out on siding with Edelgard, now imagine the pushback if that decision is locked behind a paywall. It belongs in the main game, for the sake of giving you as complete a picture of the main conflict as possible. 

11 hours ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Saw the Jeritza support with Mercedes.

Hide contents

So the Death Knight is probably a split personality from Jeritza/Emile.

And we also find out the reason Jeritza killed the Bartels. Especially his father.

The father is even worse than Bernie’s father, I’d wager. He was insanely desperate enough to even consider marrying his own step-daughter to bear children with Crests again to have heirs in case Jeritza is no longer worthy or alive. That is what I understand it to be. That is actually disgusting.

This game really has a thing for terrible fathers, don't they?  I mean, when I saw his C support with Mercedes, I thought it was bad enough that 

Spoiler

Lord Bartel would kill the wife that bore him his heir and her daughter from the previous marriage.  But marrying his step daughter...(and at that point I couldn't help but get the implication he meant to kill off Mercedes's mom to get rid of his old wife to "clear the way" to marrying Mercedes herself).  

1 minute ago, Flores Salicis said:

This game really has a thing for terrible fathers, don't they?  I mean, when I saw his C support with Mercedes, I thought it was bad enough that 

Hide contents

Lord Bartel would kill the wife that bore him his heir and her daughter from the previous marriage.  But marrying his step daughter...(and at that point I couldn't help but get the implication he meant to kill off Mercedes's mom to get rid of his old wife to "clear the way" to marrying Mercedes herself).  

It makes you wonder then

Spoiler

if the death knight's first appearance was to protect the mum and Mercie. and it's really just this big split personality thing going on. (which is just heartbreakingly sad) so like if Bartels wasn't a Jerk, Jeritza would have just enjoyed eating his peach ice cream. 

1 minute ago, Flores Salicis said:

Hide contents

Jeralt, Seteth, and Alois truly are a rare breed haha.

While I am slightly underwhelmed with the DLC thus far (they’re clearly banking on wave 4 being the major justification for the price tag), I much prefer DLC being more aesthetic/fun/fluff bonus content. Locking major storylines or important advantageous content I imagine would be far worse received given the circumstances, regardless of cost.

9 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

It makes you wonder then

Hide contents

if the death knight's first appearance was to protect the mum and Mercie. and it's really just this big split personality thing going on. (which is just heartbreakingly sad) so like if Bartels wasn't a Jerk, Jeritza would have just enjoyed eating his peach ice cream. 

That was exactly the vibe I got from his A support with Mercedes too - 

Spoiler

that the Death Knight persona was the result of the trauma of all the years of abuse with step siblings who hated him for usurping their position and an extremely twisted dad and finally being pushed to the limits by the Lord Bartel's cruelty and killing him.  I mean, after hearing all of that, I was thinking that gee, Sylvain seems remarkably well adjusted for having grown up in a bit of a similar situation with a brother who was trying to kill him at every turn and, from what it sounded like, not particularly warm parents.  Though I guess he at least seemed to have close friends in Ingrid & Felix and their families, and his parents, while hardly sounding like *warm* people also don't sound like they are anywhere close to Lord Bartel's level of coldness.

30 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

both, please!!

i'm still mystified that you can't. 
(and Daddy Felix for BL)

Rodrigue would require major story change, just like Jeralt.

But knowing it's Koei, I wouldn't be surprise they sell character packs as post game content without need to story justification.