Wave 3 DLC out now.

Armagon

More disappointment as I just tried the sauna and not only is it useless but I just realized the sauna costume (which is dumb as all hell considering you don't go into saunas clothed like that) is essentially just a reskin of the volleyball uniform. They could have easily just put everyone in towels and it being dlc means it would have been optional to actually do (most of the dlc has been toggable). Hell if characters actually talked to one another in the sauna it would have given us something besides just raising support points through a process that takes far too long compared to other methods. It couldn't be more half-assed if they tried.

At least the characters battle wise are decent although even those have problems with completely uninteresting personal skills for both.

Also the animal feature is an insult to injury...biggest complaint (joking or not) people had with the game is couldn't pet the animals and they go and make it paid dlc. That said the feature is still terrible and adds nothing to the game. Not a fan of dogs or cats so this too does nothing for me.

At least Jeritza (a character they made free probably because was originally intended to be in the main game and got cut for time) seems like a good addition to the one route he's playable in.

edit: Just realized Anna can't become a dancer to take advantage of her charm growths so looks like she's even worse now.

note: A lot of this is just nitpicking but I genuinely believe this dlc not worth paying for and urge people to skip all of it unless the next wave of content is worth the price of half the game. Wouldn't pay more than 5 dollars for everything they've released so far (most of it doesn't look like they put any thought or effort into it at all) and that is being generous.

Edited by kyrt

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the DLC the same day I got the game. I don’t really remember how much I paid for it, nor am I sure what I’ve gotten that I paid for and what was free.

My opinion on the DLC for most things that people are complaining about can be summed up as “nice idea, but shallow implementation.” Obvious standouts being the lack of dialogue for the Sauna, otherwise present for all other monastery activities, and Anna’s lack of supports, again her being the only playable character like this. I really hope some of the DLC additions become more fleshed out in later updates just like the base game gets as updates come in. The monastery/battle appearance options and expansion in the number of available save slots for example were fantastic changes to the base game

Edit: Also, what’s with the wording choice of “New Allies” for Crimson Flower. Was someone other than just Jeritza added as playable there?

Edited by Arcphoenix

Data on the new battalions:

Spoiler

From Anna's paralogue
Secret Transport Force
B Rank, Flying. 3 Phys Atk, 15 Avo, 5 Prt, 5 Rsl, 8 Cha. Stride.

Flying Stride is crazy, and this is really good for dodge-tanking, too. A very cool exclusive for Crimson Flower; without NG+, Silver Snow and Verdant Wind require you to recruit Sylvain in order to get a good late-game Stride battalion.

From Jeritza's quest
Reaper Knights
B Rank, Cavalry. 7 Phys Atk, -2 Mag Atk, 10 Crit, 15 Avo, 4 Prt, 1 Cha. Assault Troop.

Bog-standard cavalry battalion with next to no Charm boost. Good Avoid bonus; has 5 less avoid and 6 less charm than Brigid Hunters in exchange for 3 extra Atk and 4 more Prt.

Edited by Zoran

37 minutes ago, Zoran said:

Data on the new battalions:

Reveal hidden contents

From Anna's paralogue
Secret Transport Force
B Rank, Flying. 3 Phys Atk, 15 Avo, 5 Prt, 5 Rsl, 8 Cha. Stride.

Flying Stride is crazy, and this is really good for dodge-tanking, too. A very cool exclusive for Crimson Flower; without NG+, Silver Snow and Verdant Wind require you to recruit Sylvain in order to get a good late-game Stride battalion.

From Jeritza's quest
Reaper Knights
B Rank, Cavalry. 7 Phys Atk, -2 Mag Atk, 10 Crit, 15 Avo, 4 Prt, 1 Cha. Assault Troop.

Bog-standard cavalry battalion with next to no Charm boost. Good Avoid bonus; has 5 less avoid and 6 less charm than Brigid Hunters in exchange for 3 extra Atk and 4 more Prt.

Spoiler

Jeritza has a separate quest? Is this just one of those quests you get in the overworld? I thought he shared a Paralogue with Anna...

Either way, thanks for this!

P.S. How does the Death Knight class work? Can Jeritza use it for free? Also, is the class just a modified Dark Knight as theorised or more unique?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by DefyingFates

Just now, DefyingFates said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Jeritza has a separate quest? Is this just one of those quests you get in the overworld? I thought he shared a Paralogue with Anna...

Either way, thanks for this!

Spoiler

There's an Additional Quest that Jeritza gives you, it's a mission with only Byleth and Jeritza, and when you beat it, you get Jeritza's Battalion.

I jumped back into a save I had right before the time skip, recruited Anna and Mercedes, and now have Jeritza in part 2 as well. Gotta echo the people saying the DLC is nice but underwhelming. Anna having no supports is really odd, but Jeritza not having a support with at least Edelgard, ideally also with several others like Lysithea, is pretty disappointing. The outfits aren't that great but at least it gives male Byleth something to run around in that doesnt look bad and adds more freedom in battle. And the sauna is pretty confusing, it's neither fanservicey nor that useful as far as I can tell, so I'm not really sure why they made it a thing. 

Well, at least I'll have fun going through a quick redo of my previous CF file with Anna, Jeritza, and Mercedes this time.

These are some of the gifts Anna likes and dislikes for those interested in raising her motivation. It may be missing some rarer gifts; I think she may like the Ancient Coin, but I used them all on Rhea and can't check. Forget-me-nots can be harvested from Yield-3 Pale Blue Flower Seeds, which is great since you can get plenty from trying to get Speed Carrots.

Anna
Likes: Forget-me-nots, Landscape Painting, Exotic Spices, Goddess Statuette, Coffee Beans
Dislikes: Fishing Float, Smoked Meat

(Random note: If you get a Bad result when instructing Anna, select Critique.)

I haven't seen much talk of Sauna strategies. It's possible everyone has different heat tolerances/endurance (doesn't seem to be strictly stat-based) and some random numbers are thrown in. Raphael, Petra and Anna I've mostly seen their bars grow slower than Byleth's, while most others tend to grow faster, specially the frail characters like Lysithea and the healers. Doing Stay Longer first seems to be good to get an idea of how the 2 bars will grow without overdoing it.

17 hours ago, Fire Flower said:

Sauna adds bonuses to lecturing by a pretty significant amount for the whole month, so I wouldn't say it's useless. Albeit you can only give that bonus to one person per month, but still.

if it's anything like cooking for temporary stat buff, you should be able to invite more than 1 person by doing multiple exploring sessions.

Looks like I'm gonna redo the Crimson Flower route again to check out this Jeritza stuff (remind me to recruit Mercedes somewhere down the road) but since I've yet to start on the Golden Deer route, that will have to wait afterwards.

Plus I'm still taking a break from the game.

22 hours ago, Flores Salicis said:

That was exactly the vibe I got from his A support with Mercedes too - 

Reveal hidden contents

that the Death Knight persona was the result of the trauma of all the years of abuse with step siblings who hated him for usurping their position and an extremely twisted dad and finally being pushed to the limits by the Lord Bartel's cruelty and killing him.  I mean, after hearing all of that, I was thinking that gee, Sylvain seems remarkably well adjusted for having grown up in a bit of a similar situation with a brother who was trying to kill him at every turn and, from what it sounded like, not particularly warm parents.  Though I guess he at least seemed to have close friends in Ingrid & Felix and their families, and his parents, while hardly sounding like *warm* people also don't sound like they are anywhere close to Lord Bartel's level of coldness.

Yeah - the Byleth/Jeritza B support also touches on stuff regarding our little theory

Spoiler

how the death knight needs to kill, and that Jeritza would rather not, he just wants to do his own thing but it overtakes himsometimes. and that Edelgard found him (very curious if it was in State Jeritza or State Death knight), and basically put him in a place where the death knight could do all his rampaging - and get stronger. that's why he's is loyal to Edelgard... but in a sense,  if Edelgard didn't exploit and continue to foster the split personality, if Jeritza found a safe haven does the death knight even come out? does he become strong enough to overtake the death knight? does he find mercedes sooner? like. i'm not the biggest fan of Edelgard but this doesn't really cotton me to her side either. 

Wait so doing the sauna multiple times in one explore session doesn’t give both students the instruction buff? I did it twice in one go trying to get the hang of how it worked and I know the first student got the buff but I didn’t check the second. I just assumed that both got it since they were both refreshed.

Late to the news but it looks like Wave 3 is just as disappointing as the other two. Really, once again the free update seems to be better than what the season pass offered. More save files is definitely appreciated and CF getting Jeritza to act as a replacement for Seteth is nice since I haven't played that route yet. Again much better than paying to go to the sauna and petting the animals. I can't even be happy about Anna being playable since she has no support conversations (not even with Byleth, why?) which I still can't wrap my head around because she can still somehow participate in activities that raises her nonexistent support level which in its current state does nothing but waste activity points. Really looks like she is just there to hint at Abyssal mode and give Jeritza a partner for his paralogue (and lock Jeritza's paralogue behind a paywall). Hopefully that gets rectify in Wave 4 and she gets support conversations later since Anna also doesn't have her timeskip class but the cynical side of me is saying it probably won't happen. Wave 4 better be amazing because for the most part the rest of the season pass kind of sucks in my eyes.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:41 PM, MetalAmethyst said:

After the timeskip, yeah. She's 26 before the timeskip.

Not that age is a defining factor for Anna herself, but it does confuse me about the look of other characters. Say, to me Mercedes and Stripper Hat look older than Anna, before and after. And so do old-Annette, old-Ingrid, old-Marianne and old-orange-haired-archer. Go figure.

40 minutes ago, starburst said:

Not that age is a defining factor for Anna herself, but it does confuse me about the look of other characters. Say, to me Mercedes and Stripper Hat look older than Anna, before and after. And so do old-Annette, old-Ingrid, old-Marianne and old-orange-haired-archer. Go figure.

Anna just has her special merchant lotions and masks and stuff to look young forever I suppose

Edited by Gordin

I agree that this round of DLC is a bit...lame. I was expecting a Pokemon-amie type thing where you could actually pet the animals but all you do is feed them. 😞 Sauna is not nearly sexy enough boring. The summer outfits are just recolors of Petra's and Felix's clothes. I do like that the maid/butler costumes come with alternate color schemes and the option to keep a character's original clothes in battle is nice. 

Is it just me or do some of the guys' costumes look oddly proportioned? The evening wear makes them look too lanky and the butler's outfit gives them child-bearing hips.

My thoughts on the dlc 3 is mixed 

the sauna I mean the outfit while it is not the most fan service like it does make a little sense at least it being the sports uniform . The problem I found looking at the sauna was the lack of interaction with anyone you went in the sauna with . It just seems strange like when your in a sauna you may talk to people also in the sauna in real life so why not here ? 

the cats and dog feature seems alright but it would of been interesting if the dogs and cats had a use for being interacted with . Like being able to set them to characters like you can others when your professor level is high enough and then having special effects like one of the dogs may dig up items or improve the quality of the items found on the floor , or one of the cats may have a 100% miracle effect on that character once per battle. 

Anna is Anna . Lack of supports ain’t too bad but it would of been good if she could support byleth and maybe someone with little supports like Gilbert to learn more of both Anna and those with fewer supports . 

Spoiler

One thing I do really like about Anna for those who may of not noticed is all her strengths . Her strength in swords and faith is a reference to trickster in Awakening , her strengths in bows is a reference to outlaw in fates and her strength in axes is a reference to Heroes . Little things like that I do love 

the outfits I must say are pretty nice at least . The maid outfit is not the Bridget school outfit thankfully. That is the summer outfit . The maid and butler outfits are pretty nice that you can choose between a normal and a character oriented one (like following a characters colours) . The summer outfit my only problem is I wish they did the same and had character oriented versions . And the other outfit I can’t remember what it was but it seemed alright . They are nice with the New feature to have equipped costumes in battle as long as you are not a mounted class. Might be fun for that maids and butler no Calvary or Flying units run 

• 3 weeks later...