Wave 3 DLC out now.

Armagon

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, xchickengirlx said:

Wish they coulda found a way to make Jeritza join the BL but it wasn't meant to be I guess.

To me, Mercedes is one of the top characters who makes no sense to ever join sides with Edelgard, but whatever.

...so Mercedes can't join Edelgard, but the Death Knight should leave her? Sure thing, pal.

7 minutes ago, xchickengirlx said:

I'm kinda torn on Jeritza. I guess we can't complain too much since it's a free DLC and I guess the developers didn't feel the need to give his character a whole ton of content.

On one hand, it's nice to have another male S support for M!Byleth, but on the other hand, this support is locked to only one route. Yeah that's the same case with Edelgard and Rhea but still. Also, we don't know yet if the S support is even romantic? Could be another Alois and Gilbert situation which would be kinda shitty. Wish they coulda found a way to make Jeritza join the BL but it wasn't meant to be I guess.

Then Jertitza's supports. So the only other support he gets besides Byleth is Mercedes, which is a no brainer, but that means you have to snag Mercedes away from the BL, which feels so wrong to me personally lol. To me, Mercedes is one of the top characters who makes no sense to ever join sides with Edelgard, but whatever.

It just seems a bit silly that you have Jeritza, who was so underutilized in the base game, not have any supports with the Black Eagles characters. They coulda at least given him a support with Edelgard.

I still haven't played the CF or SS route yet, but this 3rd wave DLC still isn't enough for me to drop the $25 on the DLC and pick up the game again. Will wait for the 4th and final DLC to see if it's worth it to me. 

Woah I hope its M!Byleth romantic. Honestly I would restart a CF Maddening to marry Death Knight

15 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

...so Mercedes can't join Edelgard, but the Death Knight should leave her? Sure thing, pal.

He already did in all other routes...

edit: I misread, thought you mean Mercedes.

But op has point on Mercedes, Mercedes is not just a faithful to goddess but also loyalty to church since she was raised by it. She even planned to join Knights of Seiros in a few supports. She is probably one of least likely to join Edelgard on war against goddess and church.

Edited by Timlugia

I don't know how much credence this has to it but I heard a rumor that the Jeritza S-support for

both m/m and m/f ends in that you get married to Mercedes, as in you're married off to her.

Update: Nevermind, I think the rumor could be wrong. https://twitter.com/kamusings/status/1192655211975757825

Edited by Mox
Was testing spoiler tags, haven't been on here for a while and didn't want to spoil what i had heard in case it's true

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

I don't know how much credence this has to it but I heard a rumor that the Jeritza S-support for

Hide contents

both m/m and m/f ends in that you get married to Mercedes, as in you're married off to her.

Considering the S support CG going around that would seem odd. We’ll have to see.

1 minute ago, Escape the Fate said:

Considering the S support CG going around that would seem odd. We’ll have to see.

I was thinking it odd as well, but I just saw this go live on twitter so I don't know if the rumor that I heard was wrong now. 

Jeritza S-Support (M/F)

I'd say FEW is proof that Anna could have some nice supports that don't devolve into just her being Madame Capitalist, but that's just my opinion.  Either way, I was kind of hoping she'd have something in the way of supports, even if they were in the style of Awakening and Fates which I didn't really like her in.  Without supports, she just feels like an NPC without the "non-playable" part.

I'm alright with the DLC, but I feel it's definitely been constant downgrades ever since Awakening, which went absolutely bonkers with the DLC.  Awakening had a bunch of new maps to fight in, throwback characters to recruit with special art (some of which was eeeeehhhhh, but that's not the point), scramble DLC for more interactions between all the characters, and some challenge DLC in the form of the trio of maps that reward you with the Whitewings and the final DLC Apotheosis.  Fates was like a diet version of the Awakening DLC (especially with them never having released the festival DLCs in the west), and Echoes felt even more watered down.  So far the Three Houses DLC's only really been worth it for the cosmetics.  I'll hold out until Abyss Mode and the new classes are finally released before giving my final judgment.

I don't really think the sauna needed to be paid DLC.  I can't imagine it's enough to seriously make people consider buying just for that.

Knowing KT and knowing the success of this game, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more cosmetic DLC in the future.  But I hope the success of the game will also earn it some DLC that'll further expand the story and lore beyond what we've gotten in this game and whatever we may get from Abyss Mode.

15 minutes ago, Mox said:

I was thinking it odd as well, but I just saw this go live on twitter so I don't know if the rumor that I heard was wrong now. 

Jeritza S-Support (M/F)

well I guess that confirms the S support with Jeritza and Byleth is romantic. It looks like it also sorta 

Spoiler

implies Byleth and Jeritza try to take down TWSITD? Yet if that's the case, you only get to experience that if you S Support Jertitza soo....

Also also, they clearly got a new artists for Jertitza's S support CG illustration, because it looks a million times better than what we got in the base game hah.

Saw the Jeritza support with Mercedes.

Spoiler

So the Death Knight is probably a split personality from Jeritza/Emile.

And we also find out the reason Jeritza killed the Bartels. Especially his father.

The father is even worse than Bernie’s father, I’d wager. He was insanely desperate enough to even consider marrying his own step-daughter to bear children with Crests again to have heirs in case Jeritza is no longer worthy or alive. That is what I understand it to be. That is actually disgusting.

More save slots is the best part of this update! For a game with such high replay value 5 is just too low. Even fates had 9. (if you have all paths, but still)

Jeritza can now also get revenge

Spoiler

on Lysithea in CF ch 14 for turning him into a meme.

Also like how Anna's weapon strentghs is a reference to all previous playble Anna's.

Sword and faith - Awakening.

Bow - Fates/Warriors.

Axe - Heroes.

Edited by User name

57 minutes ago, Xylaugheon Daily said:

Anyone find out more about the Abyss? There is a shady merchant and Anna explains it rather vaguely for the quest.

Isn't Abyss part of DLC4?

Only thing we know is that Famitsu called it as a "story mode", so it's probably not just another difficulty level.

14 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Isn't Abyss part of DLC4?

Only thing we know is that Famitsu called it as a "story mode", so it's probably not just another difficulty level.

Yeah, but there is a monastery quest where your asked to get information about the Abyss. Was just wondering if there were other clues to it.

Anna/Jeritza paralogue (CF only)

Spoiler

You deal with Pallardo and his group of bandits to prevent them from stealing Anna's treasure. Each enemy on the map drops loot. There are reinforcements on enemy phase at some point in the battle. You finish this paralogue either by routing the enemy, or 10 turns pass. Byleth, Anna and Jeritza are the mandatory units. Your reward for completing this paralogue is a B rank flying battalion. This takes place in the forest cliff map, same as the one in Ashe/Catherine paralogue.

Essentially, this is Reunion at Dawn, but MUCH easier, since you can deploy max 12 units + 3 adjutants.

Edited by Fire Flower

We get 25 saves now? That's amazing!!

...and I'm also mad that I could have waited just 3 more weeks to start my Maddening playthrough without overwriting my previous cleared saves. No, I'm not salty. I'm not salty at all...

A shame that the DLC appears to be quite underwhelming though, with the best parts (Jeritza and the new save slots) being free. Are the new Battalions and Paralogue fun at least? (Also, what's with the separate activity gauge for the Sauna, does anyone know?)

Final question (mild overworld dialogue spoiler for Crimson Flower):

Spoiler

does Manuela still wonder who DK is during Crimson Flower?

Thanks all!

Fire Emblem Three Houses DLC has been so disappointing and honestly the only thing actually worth it they already made for a free update...think this is the last time I support Fire Emblem DLC practices if this is how terrible it's going to be. They couldn't be assed to give Jeritza  more than two supports, didn't bother giving Anna any, the pet feature is ridiculously dumb (to be paid for when most people meant it as a joke), the sauna is again a joke of a feature and was obviously cut from the main game and probably needed to be added in the free update (because it does nothing), the costumes couldn't be worse if they tried (would it kill them to differentiate the damn things by character by either color or look), and the only good parts of any of the DLC so  far have been that they come on the same day the free updates do. I should have known the minute they tried to say two small pre-order costumes were a "wave" of content that we were going to get ripped off. 

I think to add insult to injury is that they easily could have given us more content if they had bothered to actually wait and release it a month later like they were originally intending. Overall yet another very disappointing addition to the dlc. This could have been great but so far it's been nothing but a joke and I do not suggest anyone pick it up with the current content offered from it...you're better off with just getting the free updates. Such a disappointing "wave" of content. Skip it and hope the last piece of content makes up for the other three (and that it alone is worth 25 dollars because nothing else has come close).

I'm fine with the DLC as it is, and as the main story is basically what they were selling you, and how I enjoyed 3H as it was, I don't personally feel ripped off. but then I didn't need support options for Anna or Jeritza. it's just cool to be able to play with them.