In the Name of Bern is copied from Lunar Sea by Camel

So I've been starting to listen to Camel and gave their song Lunar Sea a spin.  I could not believe what I heard.

In the Name of Bern from Binding Blade is almost completely ripped off from the second half of this song!

Thoughts?

Interesting, they do sound alike.

It seems this was brought up before, though not much discussion happened.

My thoughts? Someone during development heard it and thought to use it (whether deliberate or subconciously). The song is part of an album that got released in 2001, so it would've been relevant at the time. That's how I think it could happen, since it's too similar and enough notes to just be a coincidence.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

That's not surprising, you'll always be able to find music that samples/covers existing work.

Doom's OST for example

Kanye West literally took most of one of Daft Punk's well known tracks.

And in the age of Rock and Roll that our parents lived in, many of the songs by famous Rock and Roll musicians were covers of R&B and Blues.

Elvis Presley's Hound Dog basically came from this one

The main thing that irks me here is the plagiarism aspect.  It's a little annoying to know that one of my favorite Fire Emblem songs was actually taken from another group without any credit given.  It makes me feel like I've been lied to.

I prefer to avoid listening to plagiarized songs if I can help it.  But now I'm concerned because any of the songs I like could've been ripped off from somewhere else without me knowing it.

I remember seeing a comment or something mentioning the similarities between these two songs somewhere else before, although I don't remember where I saw it (I think somewhere on YouTube?).

Okay, I found a comment (I don't think it's the same one I saw originally) by a user named Qwernst on this video. I also saw quite a few comments on various videos mentioning how In the Name of Bern sounds similar to Vs. Ridley from the Metroid series.

Edited by indigoasis