New event calendar (November-December 2019)

DarkAlf

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

The early December banner should be start of Book 4, that means story chapter

yeah, that's a possibility... Or next banner if Farfetched, and December's is Gustav and Henriette two heroes banner (and the Forging Bonds event could be Gustav, Henriette, Thrasir and Líf, in case Líf is November's Mythic Hero... Thrasir's and Líf's accessories would be cool), since Book 3 didn't have a New Heroes Banner related to the story.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

yeah, that's a possibility... Or next banner if Farfetched, and December's is Gustav and Henriette two heroes banner (and the Forging Bonds event could be Gustav, Henriette, Thrasir and Líf, in case Líf is November's Mythic Hero... Thrasir's and Líf's accessories would be cool), since Book 3 didn't have a New Heroes Banner related to the story.

I was just about to suggest Gustav and Henriette.

Upcoming freebies besides weekly revivals:
11/9: New Power (Athena, Subaki, FKana, Gordin)
11/11: Cormag GHB
11/19: New Heroes
11/19: TT banner
11/20: DC banner (candidates: MByleth, Nailah, Hector, Nagi)
11/22: TT
11/25: VG banner
11/27: Haar GHB rerun
11/28: Mythic banner
11/30: Link banner (5* exclusive candidates: Laevatein, Sumia, Nina, Adrift Camilla, Kaden)
12/4: BHB (Eirika, Innes, most likely Tana)
12/6: New Heroes

Oh boy. Choices to make...

Edited by Roflolxp54

More banners, more free pulls. I like this faster pace of new characters being introduced in Heroes. For sure I have to save up for Winter Tharja merges. May have to be cautious due to the possibly of summoning tweaks due to book 4 being in the horizon.  

8 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

The Christmas banners have started on December 18 in both years, so sticking to the usual pretty much.

Duh, I know. I'm asking why. Because that always causes them to overlap with New Year and I hate that.

Oh man some of the discussion here made me think of more Duo Hero ideas. How sweet would something like Sigurd and Diedre or Elena and Gawain or young adult Gustav and Henriette (so, canon married couples) be?

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's mean! IntSys knows that I want to summon in the Mythic Banner, so they decided to have a DC banner and a Link Skills Banner... The DC Banner I believe I am able to skip it, but if the Link Skills Banner has Laevatein... I am in trouble!

The next two banners being New Heroes make me happy... Too bad they are paralogues and not story chapters, so 9+3 orbs instead 15+5.

I think they will go with Adriftmilla over Laev~

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Duh, I know. I'm asking why. Because that always causes them to overlap with New Year and I hate that.

I do not see anything wrong with overlaps. If you are saving Orbs, overlaps are better because it gives you an extra two weeks to accumulate Orbs and you can decide which Focus to spend your Orbs on during the overlap.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not see anything wrong with overlaps. If you are saving Orbs, overlaps are better because it gives you an extra two weeks to accumulate Orbs and you can decide which Focus to spend your Orbs on during the overlap.

The overlaps cause overall less time for both banners. If they didn't overlap, you'd have a total of two months between both banners. With the overlap, you just get a month and a half between both.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The overlaps cause overall less time for both banners. If they didn't overlap, you'd have a total of two months between both banners. With the overlap, you just get a month and a half between both.

I do not see how having more time for both Foci is a benefit where it does not give you more time to save for the first Focus and it does not give you the option of prioritizing one Focus over another. If you are going to spend X amount of dollars between December and January, it does not make a difference when you spend it within that time.

Ideally, I prefer all Foci to be in just one month per year, so I have the whole year to save up so I can prioritize which Foci I want to summon from more efficiently.

Edited by XRay

49 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Wonder if that DC banner is a troll or not, since the english name for it doesn't specify whether it's DC A or any DC (so it could have trash like og Ike/Ryoma on it).

It could have either, any Weapon with DC in it is fair game since Weapons are counted as Skills

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I like to think it is IS taking in to account for Three Kings Day (or 12th night) which is on January 6th and is when the three wise men gave Jesus presents.  In most Spanish speaking countries this is when you get presents, not the 25th of December.  Three kings day is a big deal where I live since I live next to Mexico, and personally I have always liked it better then Christmas.  

6 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I like to think it is IS taking in to account for Three Kings Day (or 12th night) which is on January 6th and is when the three wise men gave Jesus presents.  In most Spanish speaking countries this is when you get presents, not the 25th of December.  Three kings day is a big deal where I live since I live next to Mexico, and personally I have always liked it better then Christmas.  

Would they even know such a holiday exists though? It's obviously not a thing in Japan. It's like saying they might take Thanksgiving into account for something when it's a US and Canada only holiday (and even then, they celebrate it in different months).

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Would they even know such a holiday exists though? It's obviously not a thing in Japan. It's like saying they might take Thanksgiving into account for something when it's a US and Canada only holiday (and even then, they celebrate it in different months).

The common people might now know, but the entertainment industry should. Anima studios were a lot more successful breaking into the Latin American market than they have in the United States market.

The US is still super asinine about censorship, but Latin America had practically zero censorship.

Intelligent Systems is not an anime studio, but they should have experience working with consultants in Latin America and the local office might have told them about it.

Another reason to not have Christmas banner in early December is that IS probably doesn't want Christmas units to be old news by Christmas Eve. It's just better for them to still be fresh and talked about at the actual holyday and not have ppl already theorizing and wanting for the very next banner.

54 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Another reason to not have Christmas banner in early December is that IS probably doesn't want Christmas units to be old news by Christmas Eve. It's just better for them to still be fresh and talked about at the actual holyday and not have ppl already theorizing and wanting for the very next banner.

This is most likely the main reason, yeah. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

like I said it is also called 12th night and that is popular in Europe.  I call it Three king's day because of where I live.  Honestly the US and Canada are the only two places where Christmas is a National Holiday where not that many people know about 12th night.  Plus what Xray said.  So yeah, I think IS could take that into account when they decided when the Christmas banner should be.

8 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

More banners, more free pulls. I like this faster pace of new characters being introduced in Heroes. For sure I have to save up for Winter Tharja merges. May have to be cautious due to the possibly of summoning tweaks due to book 4 being in the horizon.  

I am not sure if this is a sign of fatigue for fire emblem heroes. I welcome it, but it feels to me like: "ok we are on a decline lets cram as much as we can in and squeeze whats left out".

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It makes it so that the Arena bonus heroes on Christmas are the Christmas units.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It makes it so that the Arena bonus heroes on Christmas are the Christmas units.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That does make sense.

9 hours ago, Rinco said:

I guess this is fair too, yeah.

Trailer should be either tonight or tomorrow night. Any last-minute predictions?

Mine:

• Farfetched Heroes 3, now as a 4-character banner (but no demote or 3-4*)
  • Shinon: Red bow infantry with Silencer
  • Nils: Blue dragon infantry dancer
  • Jill: Axe flier
  • Awakening Anna: Colorless dagger infantry
  • Regular Bruno (blue tome cavalry with Valaskjalf) as the TT unit

Valaskjalf will need a refine, which will probably become available in next month's update. (Most likely version 4.0.)

If Shinon, Nils, Jill, and Awakening Anna are the next far fetched heroes, I think it'd go more like this:

Shinon: Colorless bow infantry

Nils: Green dragonstone infantry

Jill: Blue lance flier

Awakening Anna: Red sword infantry

Could also be that Shinon gets a red bow and Awakening Anna gets a staff (but I always pictured him as more of a green or colorless bow person. Must be the artist in me wanting to balance his color scheme with green as reflected in his attire.)

If an Anna gets a bow, it'll probably be Fates Anna (I know you said dagger; this is an unrelated thought.) Whereas Awakening Anna's main weapon was a sword. However, as I recall, she could also use a staff (being a Trickster), so they could go that route. Nils' sister is already a blue dragonstone user, so he'll probably get a different color. Jill is the lance to Haar's axe. I could see her getting the Laguz Lance.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

If Shinon, Nils, Jill, and Awakening Anna are the next far fetched heroes, I think it'd go more like this:

Shinon: Colorless bow infantry

Nils: Green dragonstone infantry

Jill: Blue lance flier

Awakening Anna: Red sword infantry

Could also be that Shinon gets a red bow and Awakening Anna gets a staff (but I always pictured him as more of a green or colorless bow person. Must be the artist in me wanting to balance his color scheme with green as reflected in his attire.)

If an Anna gets a bow, it'll probably be Fates Anna (I know you said dagger; this is an unrelated thought.) Whereas Awakening Anna's main weapon was a sword. However, as I recall, she could also use a staff (being a Trickster), so they could go that route. Nils' sister is already a blue dragonstone user, so he'll probably get a different color. Jill is the lance to Haar's axe. I could see her getting the Laguz Lance.

Staff is possible. I don't think they'd give her a sword since she's in a thief class, and Heroes has been giving those daggers rather than swords. I also don't think they'd go for Fates Anna since that's not the one that got one of the top CYL spots, and they're different characters. Fates Anna will probably show up as a seasonal at some point.