Sign in to follow this  
Ottservia

Favorite Shounen-esque hype moments

I am shounen trash okay. I am fully willing to admit that and I need an excuse to talk about things that get my inner shounen hype child screaming with excitement so name some moments in games or anime that get you going with a buzz of excitement and hype. It doesn't have to be from a battle shounen per say. It just needs to give off that same feeling of hype.

For me, personally:

1. that moment during the naruto war arc where Naruto and Kurama finally connect and unlock tailed beast mode for the first time is just such an awesome scene and the musical accompaniment just adds so much the rush of adrenaline I feel whenever I watch it.

2. Alfonse's whole "it must be difficult for the ruler of the dead to understand those who still have beating hearts" in the most recent feh chapter. That whole scene is just all kinds of thrilling. Alfonse is such a badass and I love it.

3. Awakening endgame when Robin rises due to friendship power. Is it corny and cliche as all hell? yes. Do I love it anyway? abso-fucking-lutely! It's just such a good moment. 

4. That moment when Luffy punched a celestial dragon probably one of my favorite moments in one piece bar none.

5. Pretty much fairy tail in its entirety.

6. Midoriya vs. that muscle dude in MHA. Oh that moment is just too good. 

Like I said I'm shounen trash and I'm not afraid to admit that.

My all time favorite is at the end of Saiyuki Reload Blast (the anime) where Sanzo and co. tell the Sanbushin that they are still going to take on the Demon King despite being fired and told to go back home.

I also love the part in Noblesse (the webtoon) where M-21 get caught and held captive, but instead of giving the bad guys what they want he makes the most annoying bad guy make him ramen.

10 hours ago, Ottservia said:

4. That moment when Luffy punched a celestial dragon probably one of my favorite moments in one piece bar none.

This is up there for me and it's still one of the best animated moments from the anime in my opinion.

My favorite moment is probably Simon's My bro is dead speech from Gurren Lagann though.

Other good ones for me will always be the majority of the dark tournament from Yu Yu Hakusho.

I'm a big fan of triumphant victories against seemingly impossible odds. Among that category, the one moment that gets to me more than any other was Eren plugging the hole in Wall Rose. Humanity taking a 100 years worth of collective Ls to finally taste one victory is a tear-jerker that I'm not afraid to admit