Cipher General Discussion

Kirie

Hey everyone, I've not really had the time and/or mental energy to keep up with the individual Series Release threads, so I thought I'd make a sort of General thread where people can post cards, discuss news, etc. I'll post here myself from time to time, but other people can feel free to chime in as well!

Just this past week, we've had the start of reveals for Series 19 which comes out in a month. My article here goes over the cards we've seen so far.

Spoiler

s19-edelgard-sr.pngs19-sothis.png

s19-edelgard-seliph.png

s19-aideen.png

In a few hours, the Autumn livestream will be airing, too! Check out the official site here if you'd like links to watch along live.

For myself personally, a 3H/Genealogy combo set is basically Cipher begging to take my money. I'm so excited for all of these cards!

Edited by Kirie

I know that the livestream for Series 19 just happened earlier, but I was wondering if there was any more information given about the new HR rarity for the cards? 

I saw the gorgeous male Byleth card for series 19 that’s supposed to be the new HR rarity like the family card of Sigurd/Deirdre/Seliph and am a bit concerned at how pricey a single card might be since the SR and SR+ cards can get steep as it is and I’d assume the HR rarity will be even more scarce. 

4 hours ago, AverageJack said:

There are two HR rarity cards in set 18 and they take the slot of the + rarity card in the box, but the prices of the HR cards are waaaayyyy lower than the SR+ so I assume they are much more common.

Thank you for the additional info! I’ll keep my fingers crossed then that male Byleth won’t break the bank for me. 

Kind of interesting how a number of sources incorrectly assumed the order of the two recent Byleth reprint promos (P18-010PR And P18-011PR); many had assumed male for 10 and female for 11, apparently based on images without card numbers.  Thankfully Fire Emblem Wiki opted to wait for the card numbers to be able to get the card order (female for 10, male for 11) correct the first time...

reprint promos? when were they printed before?

edit: also it is quite strange that the card numbers were ever mixed up considering the file names of the two images on the event page were literally the card numbers; no assumption was ever needed as the information was there from the start

Edited by AverageJack

13 hours ago, AverageJack said:

reprint promos? when were they printed before?

edit: also it is quite strange that the card numbers were ever mixed up considering the file names of the two images on the event page were literally the card numbers; no assumption was ever needed as the information was there from the start

IIRC, both cards are alternate art reprints of their regular Cost 1 cards from S18/ST.

• 3 weeks later...

We’ve got 2 weeks until B19 series releases but am I correct in understanding that there hasn’t been any news/announcement of a starter deck? Is there always a starter deck released alongside each series or do only certain series have a matching starter deck?

11 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

We’ve got 2 weeks until B19 series releases but am I correct in understanding that there hasn’t been any news/announcement of a starter deck? Is there always a starter deck released alongside each series or do only certain series have a matching starter deck?

They usually announce a Starter Deck ahead of time so if there is one, we would have known by now. I suppose there isn't really a reason to release one right now.

7 hours ago, TheVinceKnight said:

They usually announce a Starter Deck ahead of time so if there is one, we would have known by now. I suppose there isn't really a reason to release one right now.

Oh okay! So it’s not like the Pokémon TCG where with every new expansion they come out with several starter/themed decks. That’s the only other TCG I’m familiar with so thanks for the clarification!