Speed runs; how do you think an all auto battle play through would work?

So in farming S supports and goddess tower events, I was thinking of doing some truly brain dead runs on normal/casual mode, action skip on and auto battle everything, skip nearly all monastery stuff, etc, just going for speed to get some S supports. You know, basically the opposite of how I normally do things. On one hand, normal mode is a joke. On the other hand, the auto battle AI isn't any better. I'm likely going to give this a shot to see how it works, but was curious to see if anyone had done similar, or had any other ideas of how to get through a run faster. 

Thank you for your time!

Use only Byleth on Normal/Casual can get you through the battle quite fast.also use NG+ to get exp and support level faster.You just need a bit of grinding early game. When he get snowball on level you just put him in to enemy range and press skip.He will kill every thing that try to attack him. I even beat the game using only Byleth on Maddening/Classic No NG+ (with a lot of DLC grinding,statboot and some clever play.) so I think solo Byleth on Normal/Casual would be fine.Also keep the save file before you go to the last battle so you can pick some one else to S-rank without play all over again.(same to Goddess Tower event you can talk to gatekeeper in that chapter to choose who to appear.) Some characters are playable at specific routes so you might have to play all over again more than one time.

(and sorry if my gramma was bad.I am not a English native.)

I autobattled through the entirety of Crimson Flower Normal/Casual. But I also did quite a bit of Monastery management and auxilliary battles since the purpose of the run was to mop up a bunch of supports. So I wouldn't call it much of a speed run. For each auxilliary battle I had three of my core team set up with adjutants of the supports I wanted to unlock. Byleth supports did not unlock very quickly this way so for most of his I just bought and spammed gifts. 

As for the auto battle AI, your units are kind of dumb, and will equip themselves with the best weapon/spell in their inventory which is typically the heaviest one. You definitely want to keep relics out of their inventory when autobattling. Another task I wish I had thought of going through that playthrough is unlocking exotic skills for later NG+ shenanigans. Like making every male a War Master so I could make them unstoppable later with Quick Riposte at level 1. 

I believe you also need to be at least a C? support for the Goddess Tower event, and whoever you pick must be students who are eligible S-rank partners. This is easily savescummable, but cannot be done in a single playthrough as there are house-exclusive characters.

The characters need not be in your house, however. Simply reaching the support requirement will suffice.