Lets say all skill inheritance had its restrictions removed. How do you break the game?

Faellin

I like dealing neutral damage to EVERYTHING.

So let's start with Alm - the guy with the best neutral offensive bow spread (37/37).  From there. . .

Weapon: Argent Bow (hits twice, can eliminate the speed penalty entirely with a speed refine or go with Chill Def 3)
Assist: LOL
Special: Growing Wind (wait WHAT)

A skill: Atk/Spd Push 4 (best combat bonuses I can think of)
B skill: Killing Intent (since everything should've been dinged with Growing Wind)
C skill: Human Virtue (boost his own offensive stats) or Solitary Dream (and now he moves three spaces)
S: Brazen Atk/Spd 3 (because at this point everything should wish that it was dead)

Assuming he stays between 25% and 80% of his max HP, you're looking at four attacks backed with 64/56 offensive stats (62/54 with Solitary Dream).  And this is before merges, or a +Atk asset.

Chill Def 3 should guarantee kills on everything.  Without Chill Def 3, Spring Lukas survives.

Embla's Ward/Muspellflame.

...what? It's an instant win button. I mean, who cares if you can double attack or nullify counterattacks or whatnot, if you can't take damage to begin with?

Y'all never said anything about enemy-exclusive skills or sacred seals, afterall.

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...what? It's an instant win button. I mean, who cares if you can double attack or nullify counterattacks or whatnot, if you can't take damage to begin with?

Y'all never said anything about enemy-exclusive skills or sacred seals, afterall.

Those turn limit maps want a word with you. 😛

26 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I can see it now. The absolute perfect AR defense team. A single level 1 Wrys with muspell flame.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

I like dealing neutral damage to EVERYTHING.

So let's start with Alm - the guy with the best neutral offensive bow spread (37/37).  From there. . .

Weapon: Argent Bow (hits twice, can eliminate the speed penalty entirely with a speed refine or go with Chill Def 3)
Assist: LOL
Special: Growing Wind (wait WHAT)

A skill: Atk/Spd Push 4 (best combat bonuses I can think of)
B skill: Killing Intent (since everything should've been dinged with Growing Wind)
C skill: Human Virtue (boost his own offensive stats) or Solitary Dream (and now he moves three spaces)
S: Brazen Atk/Spd 3 (because at this point everything should wish that it was dead)

Assuming he stays between 25% and 80% of his max HP, you're looking at four attacks backed with 64/56 offensive stats (62/54 with Solitary Dream).  And this is before merges, or a +Atk asset.

Chill Def 3 should guarantee kills on everything.  Without Chill Def 3, Spring Lukas survives.

Interesting. Solitary Dream seems like a lot of fun, and could get even more nuts on cavalry. Maybe Claude? Loses 4 Atk, but has the same Spd.

Def Smoke 3 could support Killing Intent without needing to take up the Special slot, although I don't know if that improves things.

I’m sorry.

Surtr:

Hel’s Scythe

Gray Waves (or whatever assist you want)

Black Luna:

DC

Wrath

Surtrs Menace/Solitary Dream/Honestly no idea

Mystic Boost sacred seal

Pair with B!Lucina for instant Black Luna. In the event that he gets killed, Hels Scythe saves him, then he heals a bit with MB. Now he keeps activating its miracle effect, one shotting them back, healing, rinse, repeat.

Most broken thing I can come up with? Probably not, considering guard beats it. Mages too, but Surtr’s res is decent. Most fun I would ever have in this game? Hel yeah.

Edited by Anathaco

Caineghis, winter Chrom, Duma, Forsyth, Hector, GD Greil, M!Grima, or Surtr with unique refined Urvan, Ostian Counter, and Special Fighter. Special is up to you; Aether/Radiant Aether, Black Luna, whatever. For Caineghis, you could treat Urvan as a beast armor weapon, so if he's transformed, he gets Distant Counter and that means his A passive is open for whatever like his default Distant Def 4 or Scendscale because why not.

Naesala with unique refined Blazing Durandal, but as a beast flier weapon. So, the effects would be:

"14 Mt. Grants Atk+3. If unit initiates combat, grants Special cooldown charge +1 to unit and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.) If unit initiates combat, grants Spd+7 and Def+10 during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack. At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to only beast or dragon allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, unit transforms (otherwise, unit reverts). If unit transforms, unit can move 1 extra space. (That turn only. Does not stack.) If unit transforms, grants Atk+2."

What does this mean? Naesala's stats on the map without buffs and not transformed would be 39 HP, 49 Atk, 38 Spd, 24 Def, and 29 Res. When transformed, he would have 51 Atk. Regardless, if he initiates combat, then he gets Special cooldown charge+1, inflicts Special cooldown charge-1 on his foe per attack, gets Spd+7 and Def+10, and prevents follow-up attacks from his foe. Naesala would have 49 Atk, 45 Spd, 34 Def, and 29 Res during combat. Add +2 to his Atk and +1 to his movement if he's transformed. Essentially, Naesala with Blazing Durandal would be like Naesala with Sturdy Impact and Heavy Blade, except his A passive and seal are open, he gets Spd+7 when initiating, and he does not need to pass an attack check for Special cooldown charge+1 at the cost of Atk+6 because he's not using Sturdy Impact, but has Steady Impact through unique refined Blazing Durandal and and Spd+3 and the speed check damage from not using Raven King Beak.

Anyway, slap Galeforce on him for Galeforce shenanigans unless you want something like Black Luna or Radiant Aether on him, a Lull passive because fliers can now use them without any restrictions, and whatever else that comes to mind.

Mareeta or the Byleths, Karla, legendary Ryoma, or any fast melee unit with Shadow Sword or Lewyn, summer Laegjarn, or Thrasir with Forseti and Lunar Flash, Regnal Astra, or Sirius would be interesting. The Killer effect of Shadow Sword would ensure that with Flashing Blade 4 against a foe with a Guard effect that they will still be able to get Lunar Flash, Regnal Astra, or Sirius on their second hit. The mages would target a usually lower defensive stat.

Edited by Kaden

5 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Future Vision. Extends his potential movement range further and can bounce off an Atk/Spd Link partner for maximum power.

I completely forgot about this.  I like it!  Would definitely want Solitary Dream for the most oomph!

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Interesting. Solitary Dream seems like a lot of fun, and could get even more nuts on cavalry. Maybe Claude? Loses 4 Atk, but has the same Spd.

Def Smoke 3 could support Killing Intent without needing to take up the Special slot, although I don't know if that improves things.

Or. . .Upheaval in the C slot, Chill Def refine, and something like Lunar Flash as a special?  Man, the possibilities are fun~!

Assuming playable skills only, Weapons are still restricted to their class (unit in {} are not restricted by Weapon classes and have their offensive color listed), and Duo Skills and Legendary/Mythic Status can be given to anybody.

Firesweep

Spoiler

A Sketchy Summer Takumi {Zofia's Call Catria; Colorless}
+Atk
Firesweep Bow
Future Vision
Ruptured Sky
Scendscale
Bold Fighter
Glare
Brazen Atk/Spd
Duo Skill: Desert Mercenaries Ephraim