Chapter 23 Lloyd

Holla99

So this is my first time playing through this game so I’m on Eliwood normal mode. I knew ahead of time about the chapter 23 split how it’s either against Lloyd or Linus depending on the total levels of your lords adding up to level 50 or not. I didn’t worry too much about this requirement as I’ve been using all three Lords the whole time.

I just got to chapter 23 and I got Lloyd’s chapter (I hear his is much harder). I was a bit confused so I checked the levels of my lords...

Lyn 16, Eliwood 15, Hector 18

= 49 total not even kidding I missed the Linus map by one level lol!

I’m up for the challenge and am gonna give it a shot but any tips for this chapter? Any help is appreciated!

Edited by Holla99
Formatting

If you don't care about Wallace you can lure the boss and finish him off in one turn, and that's much easier than Linus's chapter. Otherwise bring torches and use typical fog of war tactics. It's not that bad of a chapter especially on normal mode where Wallace doesn't randomly die causing resets.

4 hours ago, Holla99 said:

I just got to chapter 23 and I got Lloyd’s chapter (I hear his is much harder).

Its more that the Lloyd version is harder to deal with blind; Lloyd is a tougher boss than Linus and his map has you deal with fog of war, which means him and his troops can catch you off guard, while on the Linus version you have to route the whole map, which can have some tough enemies on it, so if you know what to expect from the Lloyd chapter it is faster and easier.

4 hours ago, Holla99 said:

I’m up for the challenge and am gonna give it a shot but any tips for this chapter?

If you are ok with spoiling the map with an extremely detailed map you can follow the link in the spoiler tag below

As for some advise here are a few things to keep in mind, but do be warned this has been tailored for Eliwood Normal Mode, as some of this advice isn't accurate for Eliwood Hard Mode, and both of the Hector modes versions are significantly different:

There are a lot of units that can recruit Wallace, specifically: Lyn, Kent, Sain, Florina, and Wil. Sending one of those mounted units to recruit him makes it quicker and easier, but be warned, a Sniper starts fairly close to him, so make sure to deal with that if your plan is to use Florina to recruit him. Also of note that Sniper carries a dropable Orion's Bolt (the promotion item for archers and nomads), which you lose if Wallace kills it before you recruit him.

There aren't any bandits on the map till turn 6, and it takes him a while to reach the first village (somewhere around 4-6 turns after that), so you have a fair amount of time to reach the villages, but you are still on a time limit to reach them

There are Wyvern riders hiding in the peaks to the left, and there is an archer near the back of the map that will mount a Ballista to take long range potshots at you.

Lloyd doesn't move (at least on this version), and he has no range attacks, so you cheese that boss fight if you don't want to deal with his crit chance.

I hope these help.

59 minutes ago, samthedigital said:

If you don't care about Wallace you can lure the boss and finish him off in one turn, and that's much easier than Linus's chapter.

She is playing on Eliwood mode, not Hector mode, so Lloyd starts a lot further back, making the one/two turn clear kinda impractical, plus Wallace starts a lot closer to the player, making recruiting him rather easy.

She is playing on Eliwood mode, not Hector mode, so Lloyd starts a lot further back, making the one/two turn clear kinda impractical, plus Wallace starts a lot closer to the player, making recruiting him rather easy.

I wasn't aware of Wallace being closer to the player, but the statement about Lloyd has nothing to do with clearing the chapter on turn one or two. It just has to do with clearing the chapter in a turn from luring or getting to the boss. It's a much shorter chapter than Linus's chapter; there aren't as many turns to make a mistake to clear the chapter.

Edited by samthedigital

• 2 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:43 AM, Holla99 said:

So this is my first time playing through this game so I’m on Eliwood normal mode. I knew ahead of time about the chapter 23 split how it’s either against Lloyd or Linus depending on the total levels of your lords adding up to level 50 or not. I didn’t worry too much about this requirement as I’ve been using all three Lords the whole time.

I just got to chapter 23 and I got Lloyd’s chapter (I hear his is much harder). I was a bit confused so I checked the levels of my lords...

Lyn 16, Eliwood 15, Hector 18

= 49 total not even kidding I missed the Linus map by one level lol!

I’m up for the challenge and am gonna give it a shot but any tips for this chapter? Any help is appreciated!

I had it worse once. I had Lyn 19, Eliwood 17 and Hector 13 and both Eliwood and Hector only needed 1 EXP to gain a level that was all I needed for The 3 Lords to have The 50 Levels between them that I needed to go to Linus's Chapter, I used Serra as bait and the only way she'd kill Jasmine is if she got critical hits with both her attacks and despite only a 11% chance of getting a critical hit she got 1 with both her attacks

Edited by James Marshall