Grand Hero Battle - Cormag: Aloof Lanceman

Diovani Bressan

On 11/11/2019 at 8:20 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

F2P Princesses Vs Cormga: Easy Hero Battle

@Landmaster @DarkAlf @Rinco @mcsilas @BoaFerox @Zeo @Alkaid @Astellius @mampfoid @daisy jane

Very nice! Makes me want to outfit my own Sharena with some better skills and a refine some time. Also, what was that music? It sounded so familiar.

On 11/13/2019 at 12:29 AM, Zeo said:

@DLNarshen Blinked and it was over. CC is a precious commodity and I don't regret giving my only spare to M!Morgan way back, but Julius is and remains a fantastic choice and I doubt I would have regretted giving it to him either.

@Diovani Bressan Quick, fun little clear. Come to think of it I've never seen Eir used in a clear before. Seems so obvious. They took down the map with ease and Sharena continues to be the only relevant Askr hero post refine.

@Landmaster Very little I can say about these clears for this map since they're utter roflstomps. The 70 damage against Cormag was oddly satisfying though.

@LordFrigid A clean sweep. Hector just watching with sunglasses on like a boss made the clear infinitely cooler though for some reason...

@SatsumaFSoysoy @mcsilas @Alexmender @Dayni @BoaFerox @daisy jane @Humanoid @Ginko

I know I haven't watched/commented on some clears I've been tagged in so I'll be trying to get to those over the week (like Conrad). Anyways.

I had no plans of doing any more clears, not for this one either but everything fell into place so nicely I came up with one on the spot and had to do it. What happens when all of your favorites drop into the game at once and you just so happen to pull them all in one session? A clear to showcase them all is all but mandatory. I wasn't planning on doing anymore clears but this had to happen.

This one is a quick clear with all of my favorites. My favorite characters in FE8 are Ross, Lute, Ephraim, Amelia and Ewan. In this clear the trainees finally reunite after all this time, grab Lute and do a clean sweep of this map. Something I thought I'd probably never get to do in this game. There's no room for Ephraim but he's not needed.

As for the technical stuff, there isn't much. Valter would laugh at how easy this map is. Ewan needed Spur ATK to give Amelia some kick and his C slot was empty anyway. Ross needed Close Def. He always said he wanted to be able to split a sword with his axe. I wonder how that panned out?

It's sad that something like this probably won't ever happen but for another time or two. Amelia and Ross are interchangeable and and are unlikely to ever be on the same team except on special occasions. Ewan and Lute are somewhat similar as well. But reuniting was still fun and Ross is only a baby at this point. His power hasn't even begun to grow.

Cheers~

What an awesome team! Makes me want to get Ewan even more so I can also have the trainee trio together. Ross might still be a baby, but he's already looking swole! I haven't had that much time to play and grind SP recently so mine is still just rocking his Brave Axe, but Wo Gùn looks really cool on him. I think I'll give him that as well once he has some more SP.

I tried making a theme clear myself this time! 

I really like this team of four seasonal Sacred Stones girls. It just fits together so perfectly, with all of them being different colors, from different seasonal banners corresponding to one of the four seasons, and even working perfectly with both Tactics skills and Winter Eirika's Opening skills! I wish I knew how to record the in-game audio though, it's a shame losing out on their great voice lines in the video, especially L'Arachel's. Do those of you who frequently make clear videos record using emulators?  Or do you have some good screen capture apps you could recommend that also record the audio?

On 11/11/2019 at 8:33 PM, Landmaster said:

If they’re going to make these GHBs such a snooze, they could at least give reinforcements.

Indeed, I was kind of disappointed there wasn't.  The GHBs like Takumi, Garon, Gharnef, etc, are always the most fun.

Looks like you had the same idea to have a green mage blow up half the map with little effort. =P  It was nice of Nowi to make sure the bridge was safe for Elises' return home. 

On 11/12/2019 at 6:29 PM, Zeo said:

CC is a precious commodity and I don't regret giving my only spare to M!Morgan way back, but Julius is and remains a fantastic choice and I doubt I would have regretted giving it to him either.

This one is a quick clear with all of my favorites. My favorite characters in FE8 are Ross, Lute, Ephraim, Amelia and Ewan. In this clear the trainees finally reunite after all this time, grab Lute and do a clean sweep of this map. Something I thought I'd probably never get to do in this game. There's no room for Ephraim but he's not needed.

CC is the one skill I always wish I had more of, perhaps more so than DC.  I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been built into a weapon yet.

That is wild Ross build you have!  You can't go wrong with +20 true damage.  He's going to be a monster after you get him some merges and dragonflowers.  

@DLNarshen Oh hey a Silas! Quick clear but hey, Julia tanking both ranged cavs were impressive (espeically the archer). Julius gets to show his new toy in the second half, and hey a serpent is close enough to a dark dragon tome. Looking forward to more fun with his new tome.

@Diovani Bressan Sometimes I forget how tanky Fjorm can be with Ice Mirror!

@Landmaster Flexing staffs now I see. Vantage blade strats too strong!

@Zeo I see that Ross! Nice to see the trainees together with Lute. Amelia may have started the map but I like how Ross shined near the end. Looking forward to see more true damage goodness from him!

@mampfoid @daisy jane @Ginko @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy

So one of my fave SS units is here! And I managed to get a Gerik, and I noticed both him and Cormag have a face scar so...here's a team with that same theme!

Team is +Atk/-Def Brady, +Def/-Spd Gerik, neutral Cormag and +Def/-Res Tibarn

Music is Esaka Continues from the King of Fighters XIII

- GF Tibarn is such a force. Sturdy Impact + Chill Atk helped him surive against Cormag's special while his 3 move helped in sniping some pesky threats to the rest of the team.

- Gerik maybe -Spd, but he still had some nice bulk as he tanked enemies in the middle of the map. Infantry Pulse also made sure Brady would survive enemy Cormag with a well-timed Miracle (and Restore to immediately add to the Miracle counter). With Brady's Infantry Rush, Gerik's specials would charge really fasti

-Cormag himself had to equip Iote's shield to keep the bow cav busy for a while while getting his Ignis charged. I would've liked a Cormag vs Cormag fight but he was to preoccupied in his role.

---

Next is a more proper SS clear!

Team is +Spd/-Res Ross, neutral Cormag, neutral Marisa and +Def/-Spd Myrrh.

Music is Rise Above from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones

- Because of the enemy's Chill Def, Myrrh had to get Def Tactic and Drive Def boost so the bow cav won't double her.

- Cormag had to get Atk+3 SS to make a clean kill against the red mage flier and swordie.

- Ross had to unequip Brave Axe so he doesn't get doubled by Cormag. Steel Axe has the same might as Brave Axe+ anyway! Also yes I couldn't decide on a special for him yet (although I did get a +Atk one so that will be the new base. Still indecisive about weapon though).

-------

Lastly is a fun theme that I noticed while looking at Gerik's 'Desert Tiger' title.

Team is +Def/-Spd Gerik, +Atk/-Res Abel, +Atk/-Def Caineghis and +Spd +1 Ranulf.

Music is Tiger and Dragon from the King of Fighters XIV

- All units are related to big cats in their titles ('Desert Tiger' Gerik, Abel 'the Panther') or are big cats as their beast form (Caineghis the Lion and Ranulf as a Cat Laguz)

- Caineghis continues to be an enemy phase beast with DD4 and his weapon, making short work of the ranged cavs.

- Abel needed to bait the red units and keep the armorslayer swordie away from the lion king.  

- Ranulf shows off his nice bulk, tanking Cormag's Ignis like nothing. He and Gerik team up to take down the remaining fliers, with Gerik providing the extra Atk damage that Ranulf lacks.

@BoaFerox Nice clear yourself! I expected a pretty straightforward clear but there were some nice moments. Utter rejection of the WT with Tana slaying Cormag and Eirika clutching with 1 HP were the highlights. Very fun little team there also. Music was a really great touch though. It was one of my lesser enjoyed songs from FE8, but just hearing it took me somewhere. Somewhere I haven't been able to go in a long time in the age of being an adult with working, kids and all that busy stuff that takes up your time.

@mcsilas Alright let's check these out. There you go again with these themes. Don't know how you do it.

Scar clear was dope. Sturdy Impact continues to prove it's worth as Tibarn survives an Ignis from a blue unit with high def which is just crazy. After that it's a pretty interesting battle of attrition which kinda involved a lot of standing around and taking punishment on pretty much everyone's part until Gerik and Cormag were ready to drop their payloads. Then everything just dies after that. Liked that you threw Brady a bone at the end though after all the abuse he had to take from the enemy Cormag.

Cormag shined a lot more in the 2nd clear, having just enough ATK to kill the two reds in succession. Myrrh starts the map off similar to Amelia in my own clear. I forget how surprising Marisa's special damage can be with that Wo Dao+ sometimes (Shamshir prf with +20 True damage when?). Ross didn't really do much but a little chip damage against Cormag, but he tanked that Ignis nicely. Jealous of the +ATK one you pulled but I don't know if I'd swap my +SPD one out now. It'll be a hard decision to make down the line. Assuming he's not like Matthew and I just never pull a +ATK one ever.

Bah... I want a Ranulf.

Caineghis was a true leader this time. Cutting a path open for his allies. Abel truly acted as a knight, keeping the king's own path safe while he did his job. After he cleared the way all Ranulf and Gerik had to do was seize the opportunity. Working in tandem to cut the last two enemies down. Pretty awesome.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@BoaFerox Nice clear yourself! I expected a pretty straightforward clear but there were some nice moments. Utter rejection of the WT with Tana slaying Cormag and Eirika clutching with 1 HP were the highlights. Very fun little team there also. Music was a really great touch though. It was one of my lesser enjoyed songs from FE8, but just hearing it took me somewhere. Somewhere I haven't been able to go in a long time in the age of being an adult with working, kids and all that busy stuff that takes up your time.

I'm so glad you liked it! I liked that Tana took down Cormag myself, as I had it happen the other way around once on the map where you recruit him in The Sacred Stones. Great to hear you liked the music choice as well. Rise Above was the first song I really took notice of when I played the game for the first time. It was around the maps where it starts to play that I realized I really enjoy Fire Emblem, and to this day I often think of that song when I remember the first time I played this series. It might not be as iconic as some other map themes, but it's got this halfway sad and halfway determined feeling to it that I really like.

14 hours ago, Zeo said:

@BoaFeroxRoss didn't really do much but a little chip damage against Cormag, but he tanked that Ignis nicely. Jealous of the +ATK one you pulled but I don't know if I'd swap my +SPD one out now. It'll be a hard decision to make down the line. Assuming he's not like Matthew and I just never pull a +ATK one ever.

I think I'll stick with the +Atk superboon since that's something that separates him from Echidna, and I feel like it's better to have +4 Atk naturally and have a +3 Spd refine for a weapon. (especially since refining for +Atk isn't really that great)

On 11/19/2019 at 8:51 AM, mcsilas said:

So one of my fave SS units is here! And I managed to get a Gerik, and I noticed both him and Cormag have a face scar so...here's a team with that same theme!

Tibarn had his pick of litter 2nd turn, but...I certainly wasn't expecting that target.  Whatever one has to do to get rid of that Ignis.  Gerik taking three hits from the armorslayer guy was pretty impressive - good thing he was +Def!  Good on you for letting Brady get at least one kill. x)

Comparing the Ross you used to Zeo's...is this one of those "duality of man" examples?  Still, he did more than I thought he would, getting Cormag to waste the Ignis on him. 

Lastly is a fun theme that I noticed while looking at Gerik's 'Desert Tiger' title.

Tibarn was the star of the first clear, and now Caineghis leads the way in the third.  These beasts are just too strong, haha. 

On 11/19/2019 at 8:51 AM, mcsilas said:

Team is +Atk/-Def Brady, +Def/-Spd Gerik, neutral Cormag and +Def/-Res Tibarn

Music is Esaka Continues from the King of Fighters XIII

- GF Tibarn is such a force. Sturdy Impact + Chill Atk helped him surive against Cormag's special while his 3 move helped in sniping some pesky threats to the rest of the team.

- Gerik maybe -Spd, but he still had some nice bulk as he tanked enemies in the middle of the map. Infantry Pulse also made sure Brady would survive enemy Cormag with a well-timed Miracle (and Restore to immediately add to the Miracle counter). With Brady's Infantry Rush, Gerik's specials would charge really fasti

-Cormag himself had to equip Iote's shield to keep the bow cav busy for a while while getting his Ignis charged. I would've liked a Cormag vs Cormag fight but he was to preoccupied in his role.

---

Team is +Spd/-Res Ross, neutral Cormag, neutral Marisa and +Def/-Spd Myrrh.

Music is Rise Above from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones

- Because of the enemy's Chill Def, Myrrh had to get Def Tactic and Drive Def boost so the bow cav won't double her.

- Cormag had to get Atk+3 SS to make a clean kill against the red mage flier and swordie.

- Ross had to unequip Brave Axe so he doesn't get doubled by Cormag. Steel Axe has the same might as Brave Axe+ anyway! Also yes I couldn't decide on a special for him yet (although I did get a +Atk one so that will be the new base. Still indecisive about weapon though).

-------

Team is +Def/-Spd Gerik, +Atk/-Res Abel, +Atk/-Def Caineghis and +Spd +1 Ranulf.

Music is Tiger and Dragon from the King of Fighters XIV

- All units are related to big cats in their titles ('Desert Tiger' Gerik, Abel 'the Panther') or are big cats as their beast form (Caineghis the Lion and Ranulf as a Cat Laguz)

- Caineghis continues to be an enemy phase beast with DD4 and his weapon, making short work of the ranged cavs.

- Abel needed to bait the red units and keep the armorslayer swordie away from the lion king.  

- Ranulf shows off his nice bulk, tanking Cormag's Ignis like nothing. He and Gerik team up to take down the remaining fliers, with Gerik providing the extra Atk damage that Ranulf lacks.

Sending in Tibarn to take an Ignis is mad ballsy. Sturdy Impact is pretty crazy. Good thing Brady is tanky enough to draw attention away. Scary how many hits they were forced to sit and take but they made it through. Brady even got a kill!

Another really tanky team, can never go wrong with Myrrh~  Took the whole team to get rid of evil Cormag so that was nice teamwork!

I like this theme! Mufasa is a beast as always. Love seeing Abel, his art is awesome~ The cat boys cleared the map with ease~ Nice work!

• 7 months later...
13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Did a quick Blue Lions clear to show off Ingrid

Cormag is thicc, needed the Drive Atk on Annette for the one-round~

YAS! (though I is jealous of your +atk Ingrid).  Blue Lions clear! 
Yeah Cormag's dull close made things a bit tricky. Lucina needed ALL her drives to be able to make some work.