How do you feel about Heroes?

XRay

How do you feel about Heroes?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. In general, how do you feel about Intelligent Systems? (For example, do you trust them to satisfy customers; do you think they are positive force in society; etc.)

• Almost/Practically Perfect
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Somewhat Good
    • Fair
    • Somewhat Bad
    • Bad
    • Very Bad
    • Almost/Practically Hopeless
    • No Opinion
  2. 2. How do you feel about the state of Fire Emblem Heroes?

• Almost/Practically Perfect
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Somewhat Good
    • Fair
    • Somewhat Bad
    • Bad
    • Very Bad
    • Almost/Practically Hopeless
    • No Opinion

I made a similar thread around this time last year, asking people how they felt about Heroes. I did not include the PR voting since I did not think it is necessary this time.

1. How do you feel about the game? Like, do you feel happy or frustrated when you play the game? What are you experiencing emotionally?

2. What can the developers do to make the game better? Do you like how the game has handled power creep, gender representation, game representation, being free-to-play friendly, etc.? Do you feel they have improved their communication with fans and public relations?

3. What are some pressing issues and trends in the world that you think may impact Heroes? One issue I can think of is the talk about banning and/or severely limiting gacha. Another issue is that some companies are falling under the influence of tyrannical governments to do politically unethical things; as you may already know, companies do lots of economically and environmentally unethical things, so how do you react if the company did something politically unethical?

The above is not an exhaustive list, so feel free to bring up other issues that you feel has a deep impact on the game.

— — — — — — —

As for how I would respond:

I feel good about the state of the game and the developers. I think they are doing a pretty good job this year compared to last year.

1. I feel okay when I play the game; I guess I feel happy. I feel the most happy when I summon what I want. I feel the least happy when I use up all my Ladders in one day for Aether Raids. I thought I would write more, but I am not sure what else I can express emotionally.

2. I think the state of the game feels fine. To make it better, I think the developers should make Heroes and skills appear more frequently as well as make the game more free to play friendly; in my opinion, this can be easily solved with running more Foci to increase the availability of rare skills, and more Foci also makes the game more free player friendly by giving more chances for free summons. I think the pace of power creep has been fine. I am not really sure what to say about gender and game representation since I simply do not care about that at all; I still summon for waifus on occasion, but I mostly care about game play. I am not sure about their communications and public relations, but I guess it is improving since there seems to be less outrage I think.

3a. I am against excessive regulation on gacha and businesses in general; I am fine with laws protecting the environment and preventing children from spending money, but outright banning something is something I am against (there is move towards banning flavored vapes in the United States right now in the name of protecting children, and I think it is absolutely fucking stupid).

3b. Anyways, this is the meat of discussion I most want to share my thoughts on. The communist swines lead by their Pooh hole leader in China are expanding their propaganda across the globe. They raped Independence Day. They threatened the NBAThey made Blizzard their bitch. Making Blizzard their bitch was the last straw for me; I am absolutely livid with Blizzard for banning a player protesting for free Hong Kong. For an American company that I thought would have at least a basic sense of American values, I felt betrayed and my goodwill shitted on. While I think Nintendo is more resistant to filthy propaganda from a pigsty government due to the past history between the two countries, I do not think Nintendo is completely immune and I am not sure how they will react when a similar situation comes up. So, what line would Nintendo or Intelligent Systems has to cross before you boycott them completely? For me, I am not sure where exactly the line lies, but shitting on liberty and freedom is definitely way past the line for me.

Edited by XRay

I feel great about the developer, due to the quality of the main series.

However, I feel very bad about the state of Heroes. Power creep is off the charts, while new f2p units are continually gimped through frequent lack of prf weapons. Aether Raids is a terrible mode. The game lacks real PvE endgame. And offense team scoring systems make the arenas much less fun. 

As for boycotting/not buying Intelligent Systems games, it would take a lot. They'd have to make me wildly uncomfortable (ie: through much more overt/inescapable fetishization of characters like Nowi), or release a lot more games of a quality that I would deem to be poor (like Gaiden/SoV). Or monetize the main series through tacky microtransactions or lootboxes (as with Heroes).

Edited by Etheus

I voted good for both. Although when it comes to IS, I'm kind of upset with them not due to anything FE related, but because PAPER MARIO SWITCH WHERE? They make Paper Mario as well and I loved Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario: Color Splash. The Thousand-Year Door had a great story and interesting characters too. And now I really really want a Paper Mario for Switch! All I ask is that the story go back to being TTYD and SPM tier. Super Paper Mario in particular has one of the greatest stories ever imo, and some awesome characters. Also, Color Splash suffered from generic Toad overload, so please ease up on that too... xP And I'd like to see bosses other than the Koopalings. They get enough appearances in Mario games outside of Paper Mario.

Color Splash is underrated imo. Sure, its story wasn't the best, but it worked for what it was, and the gameplay was fun! I didn't play Sticker Star because everyone said it sucked, but several opinions I've seen about Color Splash is that it actually takes what Sticker Star did and does it right. And I can believe it.

As for Heroes, I've got my issues with it, like I definitely think the gender representation and gender equality could be better, and AR sucks, but the good definitely outweighs the bad. I'd like to see some kind of skill shop or the ability to trade units, but I don't think either of these things will ever appear, honestly, so I don't expect them.

Edited by Anacybele

I think in general, IS has improved over the last year.

They have been more generous in term of orbs with all these easy to do orbs maps that we get in special events. Speaking of events, there's pretty much no more days without some kind of event, there's always something to do.

The banners have been more diversed than before. There have been less alts and Fates related stuff in banners. They even started those already 3 and 4 stars units in the recent banners (Bantu, Valbar and Ross) and we can expect more in the future.

While there was the controversial 'Thanos snap of gen 1 units', at least there's the revival banners who might be permanant (that's what I predict).

Of course, they are not perfect. They are still issues with powercreep like the new duo units. But at least it's a step in the right direction.

Edited by Nym

6 minutes ago, Nym said:

I think in general, IS has improved over the last year.

They have been more generous in term of orbs with all these easy to do orbs maps that we get in special events. Speaking of events, there's pretty much no more days without some kind of event, there's always something to do.

The banners have been more diversed than before. There have been less alts  and Fates related stuff in banners. They even started those already 3 and 4 stars units in the recent banners (Bantu, Valbar and Ross) and we can expect more in the future.

While there was the controversial 'Thanos snap of gen 1 units', at least there's the revival banner who might be permanant (that's what I predict).

Of course, they are not perfect. They are still issues with powercreep like the new duo units. But at least it's a step in the right direction.

That's my thoughts on the situation. They hit rock bottom Hostile Springs but Year 3 has been consistently better in terms of unit representation. I care not for the influx of alt-only characters when they've been more faithful to their source material and it gets new units into the game faster. If there are negatives to banners, they tend to be overshadowed by glowing positives. Power creep is still the elephant in the room but this ain't true PvP, never will be and there are plenty of favoritism band-aids for "low-tier" characters.

I'm not too happy with the state of FEH right now, but I've been pretty happy with 3H, apart from some minor nitpicks.

FEH seems to be getting more and more pay to win, and even a whale like me can't keep up.  Maybe if they significantly drop the price of Orbs or otherwise make it easier to get new characters, it might change my mind.

I have no particular opinion about IS

In the case of FEH states... hm... mixed but with a negativ side recently. 

One reason is because of  the fact that the BST powercreep has gotten way out of hand. I get that powercreep is necessary to keep a game fresh, but there is at the moment for most Gen1/Gen2 units no a way to catch up unless they get an awesome weapon refine.
We have gotten to the point where Gen4 units can basicly just ignore the Weapon Triangle against Gen1 units and succeed. This is wrong. When I see my Thrasir basicly blow up Red units with Distant Counter in Aether Raids, or Surtr (granted not Gen4) survive an onslaught of Red unit attacks welp...

Second reason is the state of PVE content... I enjoy GHB LHB attles the most because... welp its the most entertaining PVE content. Forms of Hall was refreshing though. The PvP content feels rather like a chore or somethign i have to endure because of the rewards.
I really would like to have more engaging PVE content: Better, richer story every 1-2 weeks, better PVE contetn (Hall of Forms was fun).
It has gotten to a point where new units dont really interest me because... welp at some point you have so many there is no point in getting more of the same? So in that regard i would also like an option to further my olde units (nope not Dragonflowers) like a Class promotion. I am really gonna open that can of 6 Star promotion with special benefits ._.

EDIT: and to be honest lately the thought of quitting FEH has crossed my mind several times.

Edited by Hilda

One thing I'm wondering about in the context of my own enjoyment is whether the current boom-bust cycle of engagement is a good thing in terms of maintaining my interest. At the moment, my involvement is mostly a lot of "down" periods of saving followed by a burst of activity whenever a Hero Fest or desirable legendary banner appears. On the one hand, it kind of is a self-regulating system that keeps me from playing too much and burning out too badly. On the other, it's a constant reminded that I'm not genuinely enjoying the actual gameplay all that much.

I will say that I'm somewhat glad the game is more "stable" now than it has been at any point in its lifecycle - it seems to have things like its event scheduling, currency distribution, unit releases and such in a stable, predictable state instead of it seemingly being made up on the fly like it used to be.

As for IS, I don't really feel strongly about them one way or another. As a relative newcomer to the FE series, they're largely "just another game developer" to me and I attach no real sentimental value to the company.

As for specific points:

- On lootbox regulation, I am generally towards the side of supporting more restrictions on how lootboxes are handled. Mostly I am concerned that games exist in some sort of grey area where they exploit the same kind of psychology as gambling, but are somehow not subject to the same regulations. I stress that I am not against gambling in anyway - I have the odd flutter myself - but I think the same laws should apply. Obviously this is a country-specific thing, but I'm thinking something like user registration being required before any real-money transactions are available would be a bare minimum.

- I'm pretty much the least competitive person in the world and really don't like it when games shoehorn in competitive PvP modes. I get frustrated at the idea of people trying to ...well, to frustrate me in modes like ARs and dislike that that kind of competition is incentivised. To avoid being a hypocrite, I ensure that my own defense is trivial and has no chance of frustrating anyone.

In response to the numbered questions asked

1. As for how I feel while playing, it depends a lot on what timed events are occurring, if there is one I like it can be fun, but otherwise kinda dull. I have sworn off aether raids due to the especially cancerous power creep in that mode, and a matchmaking system that fails to insulate me from it like other modes tend to. In the Arena I have hit a point that my rank is so consistent that it kinda bores me, story content doesn't last long, and most of the other modes have reached a point of either lacking a reward worth bothering with, or hit a routine that makes them rather stale. As for the timed events, Forging bonds I tend to be a fan of, although it depends a bit on how much I like the characters, and the writing; I'm a huge fan of tempest trials, and still believe it has a better story to it than the "story"; I love the ideas behind Lost Lore a lot, and find it fun to create a story with who I am sending where, and interpreting their results, although I wish it were a little more engaging rather than waiting; Hall of Forms has been one of the best additions to this game so far, although I hope they find a way of incentivizing playing it after clearing the last randomly generated map; Grand Conquests and Rokkr Sieges are just different enough from the standard game play to be interesting; Tap battle is too removed from the standard game to interest me beyond grabbing an easy reward; and Voting Gauntlets kinda depresses me, as it makes clear that my favorite characters are apparently reviled by the FEH fan base.

2. The state of the game feels a bit mixed, with good decisions having been made recently, but a lot of bad older decision still weighing it down. I am not sure how I would make it better. As for power creep, there is a lot of cancer that is sufficiently ingrained that it can't be excised without ruining somebody's day, and it clearly isn't stopping or slowing down, but at least the newest breed of power creep seems to stay in player hands, which makes it less awful to deal with. Gender representation is odd, as the series as a whole is very male biased, but FEH tries to find a way to shoot for a female bias anyway, although the most recent banner has bucked this trend. As for game representation, Thracia is still insultingly under represented; Jugdral in general could use a little more representation; while Three Houses could use some more as well, I appreciate their willingness to space those out; and on a positive note it is nice to see that Jugdral is allowed to have alts now. The new direct to 3/4 star pool units is an idea I rather like, as it makes it easier for obscure characters to join FEH. As for public relations, they seem more in touch with the fact that the community wants new characters from a variety of games.

3. The oncoming "surprise mechanics" regulations have a good chance of negatively impacting FEH, but the last couple of years have made it clear that "surprise mechanics" need to regulated like gambling, because for all intents and purposes they are gambling. At first I was naive enough to believe that self regulation or market forces might fix the problem, but the actions of the ESRB, and PEGI ratings boards have made it clear self regulation is a pipe dream (and with some terrible game review policies followed by the games industry they seem intent on making sure consumers are incapable of making an informed decision regarding purchases of games with "surprise mechanics"), and when one gambling addict or bamboozled child is willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a game, the financial impact of consumers without problems isn't significant enough to exact change through market forces. As for the suppression of freedom of speech, that would draw a boycott out of me, but I don't see how it could even happen, as none of IS's games are social, or competitive enough to draw that sort of attention.

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

When I see my Thrasir basicly blow up Red units with Distant Counter in Aether Raids, 

So? Nino can do the same thing. If the only difference between a common 2.5 year old unit and a very rare premium limited brand new unit is the latter has an easier-to-activate Desperation, then I commend IS on their restraint.

Surtr as well isn’t as good a tank as Brave Ike, another (recently) free gen 1 unit. Surtr is a legitimately meta-changing unit because of his dual-phase performance, but can you say the same of any other unit released since then?

Edited by Baldrick

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

So? Nino can do the same thing. If the only difference between a common 2.5 year old unit and a very rare premium limited brand new unit is the latter has an easier-to-activate Desperation, then I commend IS on their restraint.

Surtr as well isn’t as good a tank as Brave Ike, another (recently) free gen 1 unit. Surtr is a legitimately meta-changing unit because of his dual-phase performance, but can you say the same of any other unit released since then?

Sorry to bust your bubble, but thats only because of Bladetomes and buffs on playerhands. Meanwhile Stuff like Thrasir, Surtr and L!Alm do it on a dumb AI without the need of any buffs.
Nino is no issue anymore on AI controlled Team. There are so many counters to Bladetomes.
And dont unterstand this wrong, i am/was not fine with stuff like Reinhardt/BLyn/Bladetomes. The amount of skills they introduced to balance those things out, is a Testiment on how terribly they fucked up.

Brave Lyn got Balanced because of higher BST and min/max stat opponents + Null C-Disrupt, makeing her way less effectiv over time.
You have seen what kind of skills got released to counter Bladetomes and those tomes still dont have a refine!
Dragonslaying weapons everywhere to get ahold of the Dragon meta
list goes on.

A game needs to evolve thats true, but when a unit/class type is so prominent that you need to implement counter measures you has "fucked up", And i am pretty sure IS are doing it now on purpose so they can keep the cycle up.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

And dont unterstand this wrong, i am/was not fine with stuff like Reinhardt/BLyn/Bladetomes. The amount of skills they introduced to balance those things out, is a Testiment on how terribly they fucked up.

Then I am not sure why you and so many others are saying the power creep is getting worse. Even from Gen 1 there have been overpowered units and the need to find a way to counter them.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

A game needs to evolve thats true, but when a unit/class type is so prominent that you need to implement counter measures you has "fucked up", And i am pretty sure IS are doing it now on purpose so they can keep the cycle up.

Well, consider Surtr. IS took the unprecedented move of taking him out of the training tower. And again, they haven’t made a single unit that’s more dangerous and difficult to kill since then. Certainly there haven’t been any other units removed from the training tower.

Gacha needs to continue making profit to survive, that’s a fatal flaw of the genre. But this year has shown a trend towards “money units” being more benign (even Duo Heroes are nothing special outside of one mode already ruined by Mythics)

My account is on ice right now. Content is rather boring and waiting to personalize units takes too long to even care. Unless they add another way of f2p customization in 4.0 I'm out at least until the next summoning pool change happens. Also, the way they handle weapon refines for older units is outdated a bit leading some units to humiliatingly bite the dust. Compare Fredrick with the new Ephraim.

38 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Then I am not sure why you and so many others are saying the power creep is getting worse. Even from Gen 1 there have been overpowered units and the need to find a way to counter them.

There is a difference between having a counter against a unit that is still usefull in other areas, or a counter which renders everything useless.

Reinhardt and Lyn counters only needed a Green Raventome Triangle Adept unit to counter them. And those units still could do good in other Areas. Hell you could even Counter that stuff by just playerphasing if you didnt want to enemy phase it.

Thrasir? If you want to Enemy phase her you better use either BIKE or a really thick Red unit that doesnt need any buffs and can survive through debuffs. Or you use Deflect Magic Seal.
Playerphasing her? Good luck against a 47 SPD +10 Thrasir at Base lulz. (unless you are useing a Brave Weapon)

LAlm? See above on Thrasir ecxept he cuts through everything like butter. And a Raventome alone wont cut it, you need Triangle Adept too against him.

Surtr is just an abomination of perfect skills put together.

They are making Ranged units so thick because of the prominent Armor & Dragon units so they can attack safely. But guess what, the Gen 4 Ranged units are so thick that Gen 1 units are having a hard Time killing/surviving them unless you are still one of the prominent Meta defining units. Gen 4 Ranged units are normaly handled by Gen 4 melee/ranged units. The Problem arises when Gen 1 units without any awesome Refined weapon of the same class have a really hard time going up against Gen 4 units. you can turn it all you want but 15 stats point difference is huge.
I guess thats IS way of reseting things and forcing people to spend bucks.

I feel rather positive about both. Fire Emblem is one of my favorite franchises and the main series is more than enough for me to appreciate IS. I cant even think of something that would make me flat out give up on them, i will probably play FE as long they make it.

Heroes is a little more mixed but im still fairly positive about it. Bst powercreep is a thing but my team is still composed mostly of gen 1 units and i am able to keep up as a f2p as long as i put the effort on it. Especially since you get Eir + B ike for free, two units that can carry you through AR without much problem and trivialize most of PvE content too. The only real complain i have is how the "endgame" feels pretty barren; i hope they find a way to keep the game interesting. I feel Hall of Forms was a step in the right direction in that regard.

12 hours ago, Hilda said:

There is a difference between having a counter against a unit that is still usefull in other areas, or a counter which renders everything useless.

Reinhardt and Lyn counters only needed a Green Raventome Triangle Adept unit to counter them. And those units still could do good in other Areas.

LAlm? See above on Thrasir ecxept he cuts through everything like butter. And a Raventome alone wont cut it, you need Triangle Adept too against him.

So the same counters work? Alm even has less magic bulk than Lyn does.

Thrasir? If you want to Enemy phase her you better use either BIKE or a really thick Red unit that doesnt need any buffs and can survive through debuffs. Or you use Deflect Magic Seal.

Or just use any Red Triangle Adept mage with decent res. Even Henry with his mediocre res takes three rounds to kill because of G Tomebreaker.

Playerphasing her? Good luck against a 47 SPD +10 Thrasir at Base lulz. (unless you are useing a Brave Weapon)

Lilina +Atk +0 oneshots a +10 Thrasir with Death Blow 3.

They are making Ranged units so thick because of the prominent Armor & Dragon units so they can attack safely. But guess what, the Gen 4 Ranged units are so thick that Gen 1 units are having a hard Time killing/surviving them unless you are still one of the prominent Meta defining units.

Prominent meta defining units like Henry and Sophia?

I don’t know what “turn it” is implying, but BST is a very slight factor into what makes a unit broken. Every overpowered unit has been so because of their skills, and the stat distribution, not the total.

Edited by Baldrick

In this point in Heroes my focus is on powering up my favorite characters hoping the everyone on my wish-list gets in. Rarely pay for orbs this year due to the every growing power ceiling in units and skills.  The older modes lose their luster, and at least IS is willing to experiment with new gimmicks. Banners featuring 3* demote is a great idea.  I hope FEH book 4 addresses the lingering issues about the game.   

I quit a few months ago because the game was too much of a time sink. The challenging content demanded more of my time if I wanted consistently good results, which was frustrating. The easy content meant grinding on auto-battle, which isn't fun either. Ultimately, I was putting time into making my units slightly better just so that they could even more slightly become better and not enjoying most of my fights. Events were mostly fun, but the time-sensitive nature meant I had to either devote more time, or miss out on the top ranks.

At least the game is free, but there's no denying the predatory nature of it all makes it too easy to rationalize to yourself that each little concession (whether as time, money, or both) you give the game is worth it. Even if you're not spending money, it's still preying on your FOMO through daily rewards and weekly content like AR and Arena.

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I voted good for both. Although when it comes to IS, I'm kind of upset with them not due to anything FE related, but because PAPER MARIO SWITCH WHERE? They make Paper Mario as well and I loved Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario: Color Splash. The Thousand-Year Door had a great story and interesting characters too. And now I really really want a Paper Mario for Switch! All I ask is that the story go back to being TTYD and SPM tier. Super Paper Mario in particular has one of the greatest stories ever imo, and some awesome characters. Also, Color Splash suffered from generic Toad overload, so please ease up on that too... xP And I'd like to see bosses other than the Koopalings. They get enough appearances in Mario games outside of Paper Mario.

Color Splash is underrated imo. Sure, its story wasn't the best, but it worked for what it was, and the gameplay was fun! I didn't play Sticker Star because everyone said it sucked, but several opinions I've seen about Color Splash is that it actually takes what Sticker Star did and does it right. And I can believe it.

As for Heroes, I've got my issues with it, like I definitely think the gender representation and gender equality could be better, and AR sucks, but the good definitely outweighs the bad. I'd like to see some kind of skill shop or the ability to trade units, but I don't think either of these things will ever appear, honestly, so I don't expect them.

as someone who loves Paper Mario - I agree. (and double agree - SPM/TTYD  - but i here Miyomoto doesn't like that. so... meh). 
but PaperMario generally comes when the system is about to die, so unless they change things, i'd be fine w/just Paper Mario Ports LOL

I like IS. I just wish they'd make more games that i enjoy (more ports etc). esp. that the switch is very port-y, let's get cracking. 

in regards to heroes - 
It's good-very good. I mean it has its issues but no game is perfect. I play it every day. there are some aspects i HATE (Aether Raids. looking right at you). and there are some modes i don't mind  (Arena) but i don't like the "bonus kill" unit. like. you give me orbs, feathers and crap. I'll PLAY it. don't make it so restrictive. 

i think it would be nice if some gen 3-4 skills were released into teh 3-4 pool summonble not just grail units. (for example. Null/Lulls are the new thing so give us like. give us one of them (you gave us Brazen Atk-Def for goodness sakes lol). give us some new units to build up. I'll keep playing Heroes until it ends because again i enjoy it and there's a lot for me to continue get better at. 

+ it allowed me to make some really cool friends, so that's the best part imo. 

Edited by daisy jane

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

as someone who loves Paper Mario - I agree. (and double agree - SPM/TTYD  - but i here Miyomoto doesn't like that. so... meh). 
but PaperMario generally comes when the system is about to die, so unless they change things, i'd be fine w/just Paper Mario Ports LOL

Oh, I'd love a port of Super Paper Mario and/or Color Splash myself! TTYD too, though in the case of that one, I hope the difficulty is toned down a bit. I couldn't beat it because the final battle was so hard.

Voted somewhat bad for both.

The state of FEH has just been wild powercreep this year and a huge focus on Aether Raids. Meanwhile the pve events are mostly auto-battle fodder or still not very interesting like Rokkr Seiges and Lost Lore. Hall of Forms was nice, though kind of sad a reskinned training tower with some gimmicks is one of the better new modes in a long time.

Personally I'm unhappy with the game these days, but that's more from abysmal gacha luck than even the mentioned issues. I'll admit I'm mostly sticking with it out of inability to break a habit than having fun. Months and months of bad pulls really kills the enjoyment of a gacha all by itself, even without the other issues going on.

There's been some positives like banner variety and more demotes now with these instant 3-4* Characters, though I can't say I've been too enthusiastic with the selection myself.

As for IS, I think the greed with FEH has just become extra apparent between mythics, powercreep and now duo units. People used to make a big stink about powercreep but it seems the majority have just accepted it now. I think the comparison of old Ephraim vs the duo Ephraim says a lot about how bad things have gotten. Powercreep is normal in gachas but it feels pretty excessive here. I also don't like increased emphasis on legendaries/mythics to compete in pvp modes they've gone for. Mythics to have any hope of scoring well in AR, pair up legendaries for AB, now duo units as cheese buttons in AR and even more BST for arena, etc. Got unlucky with getting a second offense mythic? Goodbye AR rankings. Didn't manage to get lots of merges for your Legendary Alm? Goodbye AB rankings. The value of competitive rankings in this game just keeps going down.

Aside from FEH, I didn't like Three Houses at all so I'm not too happy with the state of the main series either. If Three Houses' gameplay is their new direction then I might not be on board for the series much longer. If Pokemon Sword and Shield didn't appear to be such a mess then Three Houses would be my biggest disappointment of the year.