How do you feel about Heroes?

XRay

How do you feel about Heroes?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. In general, how do you feel about Intelligent Systems? (For example, do you trust them to satisfy customers; do you think they are positive force in society; etc.)

• Almost/Practically Perfect
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Somewhat Good
    • Fair
    • Somewhat Bad
    • Bad
    • Very Bad
    • Almost/Practically Hopeless
    • No Opinion
  2. 2. How do you feel about the state of Fire Emblem Heroes?

• Almost/Practically Perfect
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Somewhat Good
    • Fair
    • Somewhat Bad
    • Bad
    • Very Bad
    • Almost/Practically Hopeless
    • No Opinion

I feel that every one step forward that FEH gives, it's followed by two or three steps backward. I am not that happy with the game, but I still find some enjoyment in the game. Duo Heroes, for example, is the most unneeded thing the recently created.

About IntSys, I would consider a "good", because outside the mobile game they are going well. Color Splash was fun and way better than Sticker Star (eww), both recent FE games are my favorite ones, and even Code Name STEAM was a pleasant surprised! That is a game that I would love to see a sequel/port.

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i'd be fine w/just Paper Mario Ports LOL

I would prefer a new game than a port... Although, a remake of teh first game woudl be interesting, but I don't know if it would make be buy teh game since I already beat PM64 like... 3 or 4 times. It's my favorite, afterall...

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

TTYD too, though in the case of that one, I hope the difficulty is toned down a bit.

I think the difficulty in TTYD is fine. Most of the game were kinda easy, and the final boss is not that bad.

17 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I think the difficulty in TTYD is fine. Most of the game were kinda easy, and the final boss is not that bad.

I can't say I agree, I struggled a lot. SPM and Color Splash though, were not so hard.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I can't say I agree, I struggled a lot. SPM and Color Splash though, were not so hard.

It's because SPM and Color Splash were made to be easy. SPM is not an RPG game, it's a platformer, and Mario Platformers are not hard at all. They are not medium as well, they are pretty easy. And Color Splash uses the card system, which makes the game easy because you can just walk with only strong cards. Not to mention the boring thing about "to defeat this boss, you need this specific card because if not you will not deal damage to him", which destroys the point of having a strategy to defeat an enemy. Also, battles are pointless in that game. You just need to defeat the obrigatory battles and bosses.

Maybe you were at lower level, your badge selections, your level-up choices or your partners improvement choices made the game hard for you, because if you know what you are doing, it's not a hard game. Even the Pit of 100 Trials can be a breeze if you know what to do.

My feelings on IS? I think their output is consistently good and that they should be seen as a valued part of Nintendo. I wouldn't say they are practically perfect. IS games have never fully broken through into the mainstream and them generally doing more niche genres isn't the only reason. Throughout their time in business IS generally doesn't release perfect games or even landmark titles. A lot of their output is really good but its often also very flawed. We can see it in their newest release, Three houses has a lot of quality and ambition but also a lot of flaws. If we add Radiant Dawn to that mix then I get the feeling that IS is consistently unable to fully realize their ambitions if they try to aim big. Their ambitious titles are generally accompanied with a lot of flaws. At times they also have the opposite problem where they don't seem to have any sort of ambition at all as in Sticker Star or Shadow Dragon. 

My feelings on Heroes? I consider myself a big casual. As long as they add characters I like with great acting and good voice acting then I'm already happy. This year was a very good one in terms of added units and the plot in both the main story and forging bonds saw significant improvements over what came before. So I'm rather easily pleased. 

I overall like Intelligent Systems, despite some inconsistency on their part. Most Fire Emblem games are very good and the first 2 Paper Mario games are some of my favorites of all-time.

Can't say I like anything they make outside of those though. I tried the demo for Code Name STEAM and it was one of the ugliest games I've ever played. No wonder it bombed sales-wise because I still have no idea who their target audience was. I was not a fan of the pseudo-Marvel art style or the poor man's Valkyria Chronicles gameplay.

As for Heroes, I overall like it a lot. I don't care for the competitive elements like Arena and Aether Raids which is probably why I don't share most complaints that others have. As long as I can enjoy the story, tempest trials, forging bonds, and others like that, I'm good.

Edited by Sentinel07

Gachas are predatory trash and this one will never escape that.

But how has Heroes been lately as a game? Some of the events are better. There's more heroes of all varieties getting released this year than previous years, which shows this game isn't slowing down. I don't like that Aether Resort is suddenly part of the weekly cycle of things to keep track of but so far it's pretty tame.

I've been feeling a bit cynical about IS as a company lately.  While I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of their latest games, I have mixed feelings about their direction.  This is a Heroes board so I won't get into much detail, but I am not at all a fan of the whole "play the game three times to get one satisfying story" model that the last two non-remakes have pushed.  Especially if half the game is going to be more or less identical across all the routes.  I have the same dissatisfaction with the way they've handled DLC/micro-transactions thus far.  I've bought a lot of it, and I've regretted it almost every time.  If it's not superfluous fluff, it's ridiculously overpriced.  Looking at you, Echoes.

As for Heroes itself, it's interesting that this topic was made when it was for me.  I woke up this Tuesday morning, looked at my phone, and realized that it was time to play Arena - and actually try.  Same for AA.  And Allegiance Battles.  And god-damned Aether Raids.  I got a sense of dread not unlike what I might experience on a Sunday night thinking about the upcoming work week.  It's a big red flag that I need to take a step back, but I probably won't.  I still get very excited about new banner reveals/drops, and I want to feel like I'm "ready" when something I really want makes it in.  But Christ I'm tired of feeling shackled by the weeklies. 

To end on a more positive note, I'm very appreciative of the changes made to new hero banners lately, and I appreciate that IS is willing to take, and actually implement, user feedback.               

10 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Gachas are predatory trash and this one will never escape that.

But how has Heroes been lately as a game? Some of the events are better. There's more heroes of all varieties getting released this year than previous years, which shows this game isn't slowing down. I don't like that Aether Resort is suddenly part of the weekly cycle of things to keep track of but so far it's pretty tame.

You have no problem with the fact that Azama basicly got powercreeped to hell and back by Silque. I mean i know Azama is an olde unit, but damn She surpasses him in everything ecxept Spd and HP (and there she missed the mark by 3-4 points short). I mean damn 14 stats difference is huge, thats like 2-3 A-Slot skills or a +7 Azama.
I didnt have much of a problem with the Gen1 to Gen2 powercreep, hell even Gen3 powercreep was somewhat stretching and scratched at the limit, but damn Gen 4 powercreep has really crossed a line, not only in BST increase but also in Personal Weapon Power increase.

27 minutes ago, Hilda said:

You have no problem with the fact that Azama basicly got powercreeped to hell and back by Silque. I mean i know Azama is an olde unit, but damn She surpasses him in everything ecxept Spd and HP (and there she missed the mark by 3-4 points short). I mean damn 14 stats difference is huge, thats like 2-3 A-Slot skills or a +7 Azama.
I didnt have much of a problem with the Gen1 to Gen2 powercreep, hell even Gen3 powercreep was somewhat stretching and scratched at the limit, but damn Gen 4 powercreep has really crossed a line, not only in BST increase but also in Personal Weapon Power increase.

I didn't say anything about powercreep. Did you quote the right person? Yeah I guess it sucks but we're many years off from our debates about whether Sigurd counted as "powercreep" and whether Valter should be allowed to have two effects on his weapon when "only the falchion wielders ought to enjoy that privelege". Powercreep is how a game like this is expected to function, otherwise there'd be few reasons to pull for anything new. If you think that's obnoxious design then I defer to the first thing I said: Gachas are predatory trash. Powercreep is just one C Tier reason from my perspective. If I were a payer instead of a player maybe I'd be more upset about my investments becoming obsolete. 

Personally I think feh’s biggest problem atm is the lack of incentive to really build new units(old and new) cause as it stands there are only a few reasons to really build up a unit. AR, Arena, AA, LHBs, and GHBs and within those modes are problems that discourage you from building new units regardless. AR and Arena rely too heavily on Mythics and legendaries to score high so any team without them is pointless. Bonus units could be used to help alleviate the issue but half of said units are newer ones that you would have to pull for which is almost there but quite the solution that’s needed. LHBs and GHBs are fine but once you have a couple good teams(which isn’t hard to do) they aren’t too bad to figure out which makes building any more teams a little on the pointless side cause why build anymore if you’re current set up is doing just fine. We just need more incentives to build more units in order to make the game feel a little more fresh.