Pokemon Limited Switch Lite, $100? WTF?

TEKWRX

I don't know why I'm posting this here, but I'm confused and happy at the same time. Walking through Walmart list night my wife says, "hey, they have the Pokemon Switch Lite in stock", so I think cool, I like that one but since I already have a hacked OG Switch I didn't really need a Switch Lite. I do like the color scheme of the limited version, but I have no interest in Pokemon at all. But looking at the box inside the display case, I notice a big yellow clearance sticker. Huh? This think just came out last Friday I think, and Nintendo products almost never go on sale. OMG, half off??? $100? Wow, it's a no-brainer at that price. So I quickly get a clerk to get it out for me so I can buy it ASAP. When I told him I wanted to get a Switch out of the case, he seemed to instantly know which one I was talking about. I asked him if they had any more, but he said they already sold the others earlier in the day.

So why the hell was the brand new, limited console sold for half price? Am I missing something? I haven't paid much attention to Switch Lite news, but a quick Google search finds nothing about the $100 deal. My wife wants me to sell it and make a nice profit, but I'm debating keeping it. I kinda wanted a second Switch that isn't hacked so I can play a few games online, namely Three Houses (I want my free Byleth in FEH) plus I'm sure my wife will want her own Switch once the new Animal Crossing comes out. So I don't know what to do yet.

Has anybody else seen this deal at Walmart? Or is just at this one particular store only? 

20191111_205149.jpg

Edited by TEKWRX

It probably was just that store. It has a clearance sticker which means they want to get rid of it for a potential variety of reasons. Most likely though they didn't have the space for it so they just reduced it to 50% off. Happens a lot at the store i work for. Though it isn't a Walmart.

32 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

That's an unbelievably good deal. Also ugh Florida sales taxes are ridiculous. 

7% is ridiculous....? :s I pay 13% in Ontario and that is honestly not a bother lol

@SullyMcGully  Replying in the edit so as not to post with unrelated stuff, yeah taxes pay for things i would otherwise have to worry about on a very low income. 13% of non-essential purchases is a small price to pay for healthcare, education,  and a ton of other things. Though if you want to continue this i suggest we move this to PM. I make minimum wage and work 24 hours a week. I make do just fine and no i am not loaded lol. Though certainly i hardly stress about money.

Edited by Zanarkin

8 minutes ago, Zanarkin said:

It probably was just that store. It has a clearance sticker which means they want to get rid of it for a potential variety of reasons. Most likely though they didn't have the space for it so they just reduced it to 50% off. Happens a lot at the store i work for.

7% is ridiculous....? :s I pay 13% in Ontario and that is honestly not a bother lol

HOW DO YOU HAVE MONEY TO SURVIVE? Canadians must be loaded.

Well now I know how they pay for the healthcare...

Walmart likes to push random deals at random times. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason. Perhaps they're anticipating Pokemon to perform poorly given all the negative press about it. If so they are mistaken, but still, lucky get.

Edited by De Geso

That's incredibly lucky. Congratulations!

On 11/12/2019 at 9:30 PM, SullyMcGully said:

That's an unbelievably good deal. Also ugh Florida sales taxes are ridiculous. 

On 11/12/2019 at 9:43 PM, Zanarkin said:

If you think that's high, try Germany's 19%.