Areone's hypothetical growths

darkblade2814

hello

long time no see,

I'm planing a novelization of FE 4 with some changes from the games, including Areone as a playable (Blue) unity, and I have to came up with his growths, besides hi Holy blood bonus of 40% hp and 60% speed I have no ideia of how his growths could be so I'm asking you if you have any ideia hos to calculate them by his bases or have a good hunch?

thank you for the help

So here is the TL;DR for what value I am giving as my "good hunch" for his growth rates with the value in ( ) with Holy blood omitted.

HP ~125(85)%; STR ~40%; MAG ~15%; SKL ~45%; SPD ~100(40)%; LCK ~15%; DEF ~40%; RES ~25%

below are the calculations I used to get these estimated values.

So I start by looking at the difference between his stats as a level 27 boss, and his class's base stats, and then dividing that by the 26 (the number of level up he would have gotten), as well as a range created by those stats being 1 higher or lower, to estimate a reasonable growth rate if he had no personal bases, which are shown in the spoiler tag below

Spoiler

Differences

HP 30;                STR 14;            MAG 6;              SKL 15;            SPD 14;            LCK 12;           DEF 13;            RES 9

Ranges

HP 120%-111%;STR 58%-50%;MAG 27%-19%;SKL 62%-53%;SPD 58%-50%; LCK 50%-42%;DEF 54%-46%;RES 38%-30%

Estimate

HP ~115(75)%;STR ~55%;      MAG ~25%;       SKL ~57%;     SPD ~55(-5)%; LCK ~45%;      DEF ~50%;      RES ~35%

Seeing as this has him with negative speed growth before holy blood, there is a problem, plus there are some extremely high growth rates in some unexpected areas, which means we have to think about personal bases. Now I could try just guessing at those bases, but getting the speed into a reasonable growth range would require an extremely negative base, which is something that might come out of the odd use of modulus in the second generation base stat calculation, but there is one problems with looking at that calculations,  we have no information about the mother. Now it is time to do a similar analysis as the one above, but creating ranges with bases, as the mother is going to be adding between 0-2 to non-HP stats, although luck has range of 0-12 due to random number additions, and HP ranges are 0-6 (plus it is calculated very differently). Now additionally Speed needs to be effectively 15 higher to get the modulus calculation to fix that speed growth, but it should be note that his "base level" cannot be the level he appears, as his SKL is too high above his class bases, and I will extend those ranges in a similar manor as above to give some rounding wiggle room. Now I will have two estimations, first an estimate near the middle of that range, and a second where I try yo get values into a range more in line with other second generation units.

Spoiler

Father Additions *2

HP 11;                STR 1.8;        MAG 0.6;         SKL 1.8;        SPD 1.8;               LCK 0;           DEF  1.8;       RES 0.6

Ranges for Child additions

HP 33-39;          STR 11-13;    MAG 4-6;         SKL 12-14;    SPD 26-28;          LCK 0-12;     DEF 10-12;    RES 7-9

Growth ranges

HP 118-148%;   STR 38-54%; MAG 11-27%; SKL 42-58%; SPD 96-112%;     LCK 0-50%;  DEF 34-50%; RES 23-38%

Estimated Rates

HP ~130(90)%; STR ~45%;    MAG ~20%;   SKL ~50%;     SPD ~105(45)%; LCK ~25%;  DEF ~40%;    RES ~30%

Modified to reach values similar to other generation 2 unit's growths

HP ~125(85)%; STR ~40%;    MAG ~15%;   SKL ~45%;     SPD ~100(40)%; LCK ~15%;  DEF ~40%;    RES ~25%

I will be commentating on the decisions made in the modified values section. First the total growth rates for the Estimated Rates was much higher than you can get with a Strong Holy blood and no Holy Blood pairing with the character that inherits strong Holy blood, so I worked towards dropping it to lower than that, and am shooting to get a combined growth rate with Holy blood equal to Altenna. Luck has the highest range, and was dropped down to the where Altena's would be if she didn't have weak Baldo Holy blood. Resistance was dropped as low as was reasonable, but like Ares it still implies that his father has a resistance growth higher than any playable male unit before Holy blood (and presumably as high as the highest female unit before Holy blood). I hope this helps.