What are some characters you wish were playable?

OrcaWolf

There are plenty of characters I wish were in the game as playable characters. So who do you want? And in which route? No limit to how many characters you can choose.

I’d want Rhea to be playable in Silver Snow, Judith and Nader in Verdant Wind and Randolph, Ladislava and Fleche in Crimson Flower.

Those are the main ones I want but it’d be cool if few other of the characters were in. 

I was really hype when it told me that Rodrigue joined my team for Azure Moon, only to find out he's basically just an NPC. Pretty much the same situation with Judith in VW. Why did they do this? Even if there are story related reasons you can't use them later on I don't get why you wouldn't be able to use them while you have them.

Literally no reason why Judy isn't playable on VW. She's around for almost the entirety of part 2. With Jeritza, I always assumed that he was off on his own missions in CF, so them making him playable there was a pleasant surprise for me. Judy doesn't even have that excuse since she's in pre-chapter cutscenes discussing plans with Claude and the class. Plus she's a Lord...for some reason, so she kind of a novelty, unit-wise.

Rhea and Judith and maybe Sothis. I see no reason for the second former not to be playable, since she's with you for the entirity of Golden Deer and replaces Gilbert who is playable. As much as I'd love Sothis to be playable, I can let it go, since it cause Story Complications.

The big obvious ones have already been covered so how about a few more marginal or niche wildcard options.

Spoiler

Monica: For the few chapters she's around, for Black Eagles only. I completely understand why they don't do this, since it would suck to invest a lot into a character and then lose all the investment when she betrays us, but having her not become a playable unit really telegraphed that something screwy was going to happen with her. The betrayal would have been a lot more surprising and had a lot more emotional weight if she had joined up as a unit.

Acheron: He's supposed to be the Weathervane of Fódlan, willing to switch allegiances at the drop of a hat. So why is it that we can't persuade him to join our side? Or more accurately, why isn't he begging to join our side when it's clear we're about to kill him? I imagine him giving a big (and not terribly convincing) speech about how he was forced to work with the Empire/Alliance and how he was never truly loyal to them, and can't we as his brave liberates allow him to prove that to us... and so on. Then if we do allow him to join, his supports could show him actually starting to become friends with some of our other units, to the point where he finally started -- just started -- to develop a little bit of loyalty and a little bit of a spine. I think it could have worked.

Indech: For Silver Snow only. While Macuil obviously wants nothing to do with humans, Indech doesn't seem nearly as hostilely inclined. It's not too much of a stretch to think that maybe Seteth could have convinced him to take on human form and an assumed name and join in the fight to try to save Rhea. It could potentially be done as part of the paralogue where you fight him, or it could all be done off screen with Seteth returning to the monastery one day with some weird guy he claims is an old friend but who acts really oddly, as if he isn't used to being around other people. Either way, it could have been a way to give Silver Snow a cool unique character not available on any other route.

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

A jaded Church paladin on the verge of losing his faith.

Spoiler

At first I didn't know if you were talking about Jeralt or not.

5 hours ago, lenticular said:

The big obvious ones have already been covered so how about a few more marginal or niche wildcard options.

Hide contents

Monica: For the few chapters she's around, for Black Eagles only. I completely understand why they don't do this, since it would suck to invest a lot into a character and then lose all the investment when she betrays us, but having her not become a playable unit really telegraphed that something screwy was going to happen with her. The betrayal would have been a lot more surprising and had a lot more emotional weight if she had joined up as a unit.

Acheron: He's supposed to be the Weathervane of Fódlan, willing to switch allegiances at the drop of a hat. So why is it that we can't persuade him to join our side? Or more accurately, why isn't he begging to join our side when it's clear we're about to kill him? I imagine him giving a big (and not terribly convincing) speech about how he was forced to work with the Empire/Alliance and how he was never truly loyal to them, and can't we as his brave liberates allow him to prove that to us... and so on. Then if we do allow him to join, his supports could show him actually starting to become friends with some of our other units, to the point where he finally started -- just started -- to develop a little bit of loyalty and a little bit of a spine. I think it could have worked.

Indech: For Silver Snow only. While Macuil obviously wants nothing to do with humans, Indech doesn't seem nearly as hostilely inclined. It's not too much of a stretch to think that maybe Seteth could have convinced him to take on human form and an assumed name and join in the fight to try to save Rhea. It could potentially be done as part of the paralogue where you fight him, or it could all be done off screen with Seteth returning to the monastery one day with some weird guy he claims is an old friend but who acts really oddly, as if he isn't used to being around other people. Either way, it could have been a way to give Silver Snow a cool unique character not available on any other route.

Technically, character like Monica, Thomas or Acheron could be green allied units

that way we are not really investing them yet they are still functional.

And yes, the number one character should be playable is Rhea, according to some dataminers, she's fully competed with all functions, only missing a recruit option.

Considering how Black Eagle is basically Rhea vs Edelgard, not having a playable Rhea with support chain really missed out the opportunity to see her perspectives.

Besides, a lot of unanswered questions about Nabatean, Sothis or Agrathan could be answered if Rhea has support with people like Jeralt, Hanneman or Seteth

Same as you, except I'd add Rodrigue aswell. Honestly, I really don't understand why they killed some of these characters off screen, it's a missed opportunity. But the biggest one imo is Judith, like there are really no reason she doesn't join the team. I really wonder if she'll be playable in another update ; I hope so. I can live without the others being playable (though Ladislava could have been great!) 

12 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Randolph, Ladislava, and Fleche all deserved better on Crimson Flower.

For crying out loud, they unceremoniously kill off two of them (Ladislava off-screen to add further insult to injury).

It would have been cool if Fleche was playable as an Est after Randolph and Ladislava were killed. She would have been bad, yeah, but I still think it would have been neat.

Everyone that's been mentioned in this thread plus a few more:
I would want a Salem-esque character from Slither to join as well for all routes.
Metodey should also be for CF only.
Some of the bosses like Lonato and Gwendal, I would like to join but I'm not exactly sure where they would go.

17 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

Just the nice guy guard. He deserves to be able to single-handedly protect the monastary if he needs to.

17 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'd like to see the Gate Keeper kick ass at our side. 

I agree, this guy deserves more love action, with the recruitment conditions being: Silver Snow and save him in the battle pre-timeskip. Having a green ally called "Gate Keeper" during that battle would have been funny as hell. If he fell during the battle, he'd just retreat, and say different things in his base dialogues.

1 hour ago, Syndixel said:

Everyone that's been mentioned in this thread plus a few more:
I would want a Salem-esque character from Slither to join as well for all routes.
Metodey should also be for CF only.
Some of the bosses like Lonato and Gwendal, I would like to join but I'm not exactly sure where they would go.

Well, Lonato to me seems like he would have to be a Black Eagles/Crimson Flower exclusive character, and he would require a special recruitment method to force him to retreat ajd then return post timeskip. Perhaps if they added an easy recruitment option for Ashe on CF, you could then use Ashe to recruit him.

Gwendal is obviously BL. 

Echoing most people, Judith & Nader. I would also have liked Jeralt to be playable for a while. And then Randolph and Fleche (Ladislavia is fine, but I didn't care about her). Especially Fleche, I think she should have been the Cyril character since you don't get him in the Edelgard path. 

well i dont feel characters like randolph and ladislava should have been playable, some more insight into them might have been nice say on CF, but i can get behind judith being playable since really theres no reason why she couldn't be. I saw someone propose meotedy/assassin boss form ch 11 as a playable, presumably on CF, and honestly i could get behind that as well since it would be rather unexpected and could lead to some weird conversations in supports.