What are some characters you wish were playable?

OrcaWolf

I'd love a playable Fleche and Judith. Rodrigue and possibly Nader too, for the time they're around. The Famitsu leak didn't include the free content for Wave 4, so you never know...

And I've heard requests for Rhea enough that a part of me would like her too, even if she's only playable for one chapter in each Part.

Edited by DefyingFates

AM: Rodrigue could merely be severely injured and join up properly after he recovers (maybe in time for Enbarr?). Gwendal is possible, he only fights to the death because he wants a place to die after his lord betrays the kingdom. Maybe have him join up if Dmitri beats him? Though at the time you fight him, Dmitri isn't in a mindset befitting a king.

VW: Judith has no excuse not to be playable post-Merceus. Nader shows up only to leave? Might as well have him stay. Holst would be interesting, especially since his primary role (keeping Almyra in check) is not necessary in this route. Having him be injured off-screen when final boss shows up is random and could just be cut out.

Rhea joining after Enbarr would make sense in both VW and SS (and since she's weakened from imprisonment, she doesn't have access to dragon form and has good reason not to be her canonically overpowered self), though SS would be weird, having her for one map that isn't the final map. Then again, the final map in SS is random as hell anyways. New final map, get Rhea for 2 maps.

SS: Indech be recruited during paralogue by Seteth or Flayn.

CF: Fleche has no excuse not to be playable, Ladislava and Randolph could be with minor re-writing. The other one, Jeritza/Emile/Death Knight, is now playable and therefore not a concern.

2 hours ago, Ivan Tridelan said:

Rodrigue could merely be severely injured and join up properly after he recovers

Perhaps, but his death is a huge part of Dimitri's character arc. While him being injured might also work, it'd lack much of the impact his death has - especially if he recovers within the timeline of the story.

I agree with Fleche being playable though, particularly since CF has the smallest potential roster of the four routes. Having recently played AM just gives me more reasons to want to see what she's like too!

3 hours ago, Ivan Tridelan said:

Rhea joining after Enbarr would make sense in both VW and SS (and since she's weakened from imprisonment, she doesn't have access to dragon form and has good reason not to be her canonically overpowered self), though SS would be weird, having her for one map that isn't the final map. Then again, the final map in SS is random as hell anyways. New final map, get Rhea for 2 maps.

I think Rhea makes best sense joining as part 1 character, if we look at her datamined quotes, a lot of them were clearly set in White Cloud

She was probably supposedly to join at chapter 4 after you got Sword of the Creator (and when her support chain opens)

Part 2 is more tricky like you said, my theory was Nemesis fight was originally set between Enbarr and Shambhala, (since Nemesis cutscene was place between these two in the libary) that would make sense since she told you she's joining the war, then fights Nemesis as rematch, finally injured saving Byleth in Shambhala.

3 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Part 2 is more tricky like you said, my theory was Nemesis fight was originally set between Enbarr and Shambhala, (since Nemesis cutscene was place between these two in the libary) that would make sense since she told you she's joining the war, then fights Nemesis as rematch, finally injured saving Byleth in Shambhala.

I don't know if I said this before, but congrats on spotting that! It makes you wonder what could have been...maybe VW's Shambhala could have been more elaborate than SS' but Koei didn't know what else they could do so made Nemesis the final boss instead?

Pretty much all the mentioned characters-- Fleche, Ladislava, Randolph, Gwendal, Rodrigue, Judith, Nader, Acheron, and the Gatekeeper --would have been fun, though some more feasible than others; Rodrigue has to die in AM, for example.

One idea I've had that I hope future Fire Emblem titles do is let you buy Einherjar versions of story NPCs by spending Renown in New Game Plus. Then you could make anybody playable, even major villains or dead people, without having to devise some contrieved story explanation for why they're joining you. Probably wouldn't have Supports, however.

11 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Pretty much all the mentioned characters-- Fleche, Ladislava, Randolph, Gwendal, Rodrigue, Judith, Nader, Acheron, and the Gatekeeper --would have been fun, though some more feasible than others; Rodrigue has to die in AM, for example.

One idea I've had that I hope future Fire Emblem titles do is let you buy Einherjar versions of story NPCs by spending Renown in New Game Plus. Then you could make anybody playable, even major villains or dead people, without having to devise some contrieved story explanation for why they're joining you. Probably wouldn't have Supports, however.

Sacred Stones also did this, though it tied unlockable characters to completing the two optional dungeons, so that's another way of getting them for those inclined. Preferably a bit easier than SS' exact implementation, of course.

Edited by DefyingFates

On 11/12/2019 at 8:14 PM, Sentinel07 said:

Randolph, Ladislava, and Fleche all deserved better on Crimson Flower.

For crying out loud, they unceremoniously kill off two of them (Ladislava off-screen to add further insult to injury).

Ironic, Fleche could replace Flayn as the Pegasus/healer hybrid.

Ladislava slots in Seteth nicely.

Randolph replaces Hilda as a possible warrior, alternatively Alois if he wasn't playable in CF.

1 hour ago, CyberNinja said:

Ironic, Fleche could replace Flayn as the Pegasus/healer hybrid.

Ladislava slots in Seteth nicely.

Randolph replaces Hilda as a possible warrior, alternatively Alois if he wasn't playable in CF.

Oh yeah...weird how well they match up! It makes you wonder if something was cut...

I wouldn't give anything to AM because it already has the most playable units. The others need to be brought up to its level (that, and Rodrigue has to die for Dimitri's arc).

VW: Is effectively short 2 units from AM (Dedue & Gilbert). Judith and Nader would be perfect.

CF: By far the fewer units in the game, even with the addition of Jeritza. Unlike Rodrigue in AM, Randolph and Ladislava die abruptly, in absolutely no buildup or effect on other characters or plot. Randolph, Fleche and Ladislava would make up for losing Catherine, Flayn, and Seteth respectively (so I guess Jeritza is a substitute for Dedue/Hilda, just because?).

SS: Haven't played it, so I can't really say who to add, but I wish Seteth was exclusive to it. It wouldn't make any sense, but SS has nothing to call its own (maps same as VW minus Gronder, technically the same final boss as CF even if different mechanically), and that's dumb.

3 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

I wouldn't give anything to AM because it already has the most playable units. The others need to be brought up to its level (that, and Rodrigue has to die for Dimitri's arc).

VW: Is effectively short 2 units from AM (Dedue & Gilbert). Judith and Nader would be perfect.

CF: By far the fewer units in the game, even with the addition of Jeritza. Unlike Rodrigue in AM, Randolph and Ladislava die abruptly, in absolutely no buildup or effect on other characters or plot. Randolph, Fleche and Ladislava would make up for losing Catherine, Flayn, and Seteth respectively (so I guess Jeritza is a substitute for Dedue/Hilda, just because?).

SS: Haven't played it, so I can't really say who to add, but I wish Seteth was exclusive to it. It wouldn't make any sense, but SS has nothing to call its own (maps same as VW minus Gronder, technically the same final boss as CF even if different mechanically), and that's dumb.

Might have been neat if Flayn and Seteth had exclusive Saint class versions of the classes they normally have. Instead of Charm they would have Sacred power. Maybe make them both flyers too so Seteth would be a Lancefaire Canto sacred power Wyvern, Flayn could be a faith based Pegasus flyer, having Canto Sacred power and Faith uses x2/Lancefaire. For class mastery, they could acquire ancient dragon wrath.

Spoiler

I'm joking

Edited by CyberNinja

18 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

Might have been neat if Flayn and Seteth had exclusive Saint class versions of the classes they normally have. Instead of Charm they would have Sacred power. Maybe make them both flyers too so Seteth would be a Lancefaire Canto sacred power Wyvern, Flayn could be a faith based Pegasus flyer, having Canto Sacred power and Faith uses x2/Lancefaire. For class mastery, they could acquire ancient dragon wrath.

Hide contents

I'm joking

And the classes could have unique crit animations showing images of their dragon forms!

23 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

I think it would make a decent level of sense. Seteth's principal roles are watching after the Church and looking for Rhea, so on VW/AM, he could be present in the Monastery, a controllable ally on the Garreg Mach defense chapter, and unplayable for the other maps (since he's back guarding the monastery). Getting Nader in VW would compensate for his absence, whereas in AM, either Dedue or Gilbert can make a good Wyvern.

Arguably they could do the same for Flayn post-skip, but I'm not as much a fan of tearing away a unit you've invested a bunch in (as can happen in CF already).

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:06 PM, Sid Starkiller said:

I'd say Jeritza is the substitute for Catherine and Randolph would be the substitute for Dedue/Hilda, but technicalities.

It would be even better if Fleche inherits Flayn's stats and skill ranks (adjusted for tutoring if you don't make her playable from the start of timeskip) so you don't waste any effort you put into her. Fleche repeatedly makes comments about looking after her brother, so having a Faith strength (healing) makes sense, and she has a Flying strength so she can go looking for him if he's in trouble XD

Randolph and Ladislava would be separate entities like Jeritza because the people they substitute for don't join you pre-skip.

SS could make Indech recruitable and Rhea playable, and you could just swap SS and VW final maps (Rhea isn't romanceable in VW anyways so having to kill her acts as the final blow to the old regime, whereas Rhea vs Nemesis rematch sounds good to me)

3 hours ago, Ivan Tridelan said:

SS could make Indech recruitable and Rhea playable, and you could just swap SS and VW final maps (Rhea isn't romanceable in VW anyways so having to kill her acts as the final blow to the old regime, whereas Rhea vs Nemesis rematch sounds good to me)

Which would solve another of my gripes: Silver Snow is the only route where you explicitly side with Rhea (rather than Dimitri/Claude) and the final boss is...Rhea? That's stupid.

On 11/15/2019 at 4:50 AM, Anomalocaris said:

That would be pretty fun . We can always hope for a last update along with the final dlc . Maybe with the Einherjar idea you would have  unlock requirements like for Judith maybe you have to beat the golden deer story line while if you wanted Rhea you have to beat the church route with some sort of crazy over the top character for beating all 4 stories like nemesis 

• 3 weeks later...

VW: Holst and Judith. Maybe Nardel but you need to recruit him sooner then he "joins".

CF: Randolph, Ladiaslavia, and maybe Fleche? Haven't completed it.

AM: I usually hate it when Fire Emblem games gives a character then have them die two or more chapters after you get them, except FE4 Gen 1 because well spoilers... So no Rodrigue. I also don't think it any new characters.

SS: Rhea for 1 chapter? Same thing with Rodrigue, though their are actually few times in the series where you fight a unityou controlled before on the same playthrough.

On 11/12/2019 at 7:11 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

I'd like to see the Gate Keeper kick ass at our side. 

I feel like he would be a Fódlan version of Donnel. 

I really was hoping that we would get playable Jeralt or Sothis. 

One thing that is probably not popular is I wish we could get DLC like they did for Awakening and Fates where they just dump a bunch of old school characters into Three Houses with some endgame content or just as units you can use in combat with no story.  

3 hours ago, Quillmonger said:

One thing that is probably not popular is I wish we could get DLC like they did for Awakening and Fates where they just dump a bunch of old school characters into Three Houses with some endgame content or just as units you can use in combat with no story.  

At the very least, it would be neat to see what sorts of pro/de-ficiencies, spell lists, combat arts, and personal skills they give each one.