Kinda idea for DLC, involving crest implants

Dragoncat

People aren't gonna take much of what I say seriously since my Sylvain crest brand joke headcanon that I regret posting now. But eh.

So, the only two crest implant victims we've seen are female. I started thinking what if the DLC story shows a male one. And then I thought more, and they might not even have to make a new character. There's already a minor antagonist who would work perfectly if his arc was tweaked. I am of course talking about mister "Beast Mode" or "McFucked Up", Miklan Gautier. It's said he died in Sylvain's paralogue, but this can be retconned easily. Beaten and battered, aching, head pounding, and basically "Well I won't do THAT again", he's still salty even after all that. He's brought to the Ones who Slither in the Dark, maybe he goes there by his own accord, or maybe one of them recruits him. What he always wanted is given to him at the cost of his hair and health. I figure male crest implant victims are even frailer than the females. Female immune system is stronger in general, it's why "man flu" is a thing. Miklan lasts long enough to be a boss for a DLC map. He wouldn't last much longer anyway.

Idk. Maybe this is a stupid idea, but I do think it'd be interesting to see someone actually volunteer to get a crest implant knowing the side effects. Otherwise...if anyone has any other ideas to explore like how to cover a male crest implant victim go ahead and share them.

Byleth also was implanted a crest, like his/her parents. The difference is that it was done three right way.

Anyway, we have for more characters coming and several unused crests, so chances are we might get something like what you said in the dlc4.

6 minutes ago, paladin21 said:

Byleth also was implanted a crest, like his/her parents. The difference is that it was done three right way.

Well I guess male crest implant VICTIMS, as in the ones that get it done the dangerous way.

Wasn't a fan of retconning deaths in the Awakening Free-LC, not a fan of it here. It sets a precedent where, suddenly, anyone who got transformed into a monster, and is defeated, may have actually survived.

As for a potential male victim of Crest implantation, how about Ingrid's creepy suitor? Unable to woo a wife with a crest, he decides to take matters into his own blood... er, hands. Who knows, they could actually give him a name and face.

25 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Wasn't a fan of retconning deaths in the Awakening Free-LC, not a fan of it here. It sets a precedent where, suddenly, anyone who got transformed into a monster, and is defeated, may have actually survived.

Fair enough and agreed that Awakening did it bad.

25 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

As for a potential male victim of Crest implantation, how about Ingrid's creepy suitor? Unable to woo a wife with a crest, he decides to take matters into his own blood... er, hands. Who knows, they could actually give him a name and face.

He'd be a great one! I wouldn't be opposed to fleshing him out.

4 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Is it telling that crest implant rhymes with something else, results in two, and only seems to be done on females? Or am I just sick in the head?

Noticed this as well. Lol.

2 hours ago, paladin21 said:

Maybe it could be one of Edelgard brothers, said to be dead but actually survived the implant.

Could work. If he's older, maybe a power struggle for the throne?