Berkut: Debonair Noble

XRay

Berkut: Debonair Noble
Blue Lance Infantry

His Virđandi is basically a better Skuld and Urđr. And unlike Dancers/Singers of previous generations, he does not face the same harsh BST penalty.

Level 40 Stats:
HP: 38/41/44
Atk: 33/36/39
Spd: 20/23/26
Def: 34/37/41
Res: 21/24/28
Total: 161-162

Support - Wings of Mercy

Spoiler

+Atk/Def/Res
Virðandi — Sapphire Lance
Dance
Bonfire
(Any A) — Distant Counter
Wings of Mercy
(Any C that gives Atk or Spd buffs)
(Any Sacred Seal that gives Atk or Spd buffs) — Quick Riposte

Standard Wings of Mercy skill set that buffs Atk/Spd. Sapphire Lance-Distant Counter-Quick Riposte allows him to shut down reds.

Support - Infantry Pulse

Spoiler

+HP
Virðandi — Vanguard Lance — Barrier Lance
Def Refinement — Res Refinement
Dance
Bonfire
B Duel Infantry
Sudden Panic
Infantry Pulse
HP+5

Enemy Phase - Distant Counter

Spoiler

+Atk/Def/Res
Dance — Swap — Reposition
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Quick Riposte — Lull Atk/Def — Guard 
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Def, Res, Atk/Def, Atk/Res, and Def/Res) — Quick Riposte

Enemy Phase - Non Distant Counter

Spoiler

+Atk/Def/Res
Dance — Swap — Reposition
Bonfire — Ignis (with Breaths)
Steady Stance — Warding Stance — Close Def — Steady Breath — Warding Breath
Quick Riposte — Lull Atk/Def — Guard 
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Def, Res, Atk/Def, Atk/Res, and Def/Res) — Quick Riposte

Edited by XRay

Since I wanted to use him alongside Dancing Rinea, I gave him Berkut's Lance with a Res refine and switched out his Dance for Reposition. (For Rinea, I basically made her a support unit since her weapon has Close Guard built in, and gave her Distant Guard. These "Guard" skills wound up being the founding trend for the whole team, but enough about them. It's just that that information led to how I built my Dancing Berkut!)

Basically, I wanted attacking him to feel like stepping on a sea urchin with bare feet. Sure, you may do some damage, but it'll probably hurt you a lot more than you'll hurt it, especially if it's in a location that gives it some protection (for him, that's all the guarding from the rest of the team, plus Rinea's S-rank support bonuses.)

I'm looking forward to merging him to at least +1 to get rid of his HP bane, but I managed to get a +Atk Dancing Berkut on his debut banner! (I know +def results in slightly higher stats, but I think I prefer the +atk here.)

Weapon: Berkut's Lance (+res)

Special: Moonbow

Assist: Reposition

A: Distant Counter

B: Vantage

C : Distant Guard

S: Fierce Stance

The Gist:

This Berkut is primarily built as an EP hard-counterer, but he works as a mixed-phase unit, too. He can counter both up close and at range, and both his def and res defend him well enough not to take too much damage most of the time (especially if he's receiving bonuses from his allies.) If he has taken some damage, it's okay to leave him in enemy range since he has vantage, and so will strike both first and hard. The damage done in this way is only added to by his Fierce Stance seal. So, having him attack on PP and sealing the deal on EP is also a great option. Plus, if there's a ranged enemy trying to hit an ally behind the front lines, Distant Guard still offers them some protection. This Berkut is definitely designed to be a front-liner. He makes a great spiked shield for his allies.

Special and Assist:

I chose Moonbow for its low charge requirement. That way, he can use it both easily and often. As for Reposition, he's on an all-infantry team, and I found that having 2 guys with reposition is helpful to delivering a 3rd one across a map. It also gives you options if you need to move someone out of harm's way while readying another unit for a counterattack.

Edited by Mercakete