Your favourite female Wyvern Rider?

Garlyle

Who's your favourite female Wyvern Rider?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favourite female Wyvern Rider?

• Minerva
    • Altena
    • Eda
    • Miledy
    • Vaida
    • Jill
    • Cherche
    • Scarlet
    • Camilla
    • Beruka
    • Don't like female Wyvern Riders

Such a rare occurrence, but usually a welcome one. I'm sure all of you like at least one of them, but which one is better than the rest of them? Didn't include from Three Houses as the class system is very open to pick any of them for this, Heroes is not canon, and if I'm correct Gaiden didn't had any. Also if you like the idea you can suggest a similar voting category for the future.

Edited by Garlyle

Not sure why the Fates characters were excluded here...

I really like Camilla; I think she's a very unusual character in the series (and I mean that in a good way; especially before 3H there weren't many women I would describe as both strong and messed up), and obviously is an outstanding unit.

36 minutes ago, De Geso said:

I think you forgot Scarlet.

29 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Not sure why the Fates characters were excluded here...

I really like Camilla; I think she's a very unusual character in the series (and I mean that in a good way; especially before 3H there weren't many women I would describe as both strong and messed up), and obviously is an outstanding unit.

Whoops, give me a second and I'll give them to the list

39 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Also, you should probably include Petra on this list, since that is a canon class. Ironic that you'd exclude her given that she's your avatar.

How is that canon? I feel like I missed out on something here.

2 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Whoops, give me a second and I'll give them to the list

How is that canon? I feel like I missed out on something here.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

I thought Petra's most "canon" class was assassin?

I'm not sure what defines one class as "most canon," but she also keeps her monastery outfit as a wyvern rider (meaning that it is a canon class path). And off the top of my head, she's the only female character to do so. 

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I'm not sure what defines one class as "most canon," but she also keeps her monastery outfit as a wyvern rider (meaning that it is a canon class path). And off the top of my head, she's the only female character to do so. 

Now that I tried to read a little about it, it seems like as an enemy she appears as an Assassin. If anything, I'd believe that more as a canon class, considering that also has her unique outfit instead of the class outift. Dealing with 2 canon classes would be a bit weird and beyond this topic.

If one's stretching the list to include Petra, I think Hilda ought to be there too.

That said, I choose Minerva and Jill from the options provided.

Edited by Karimlan

1 hour ago, Lysithea said:

Three Houses has no default class system, but Petra and Hilda are really good wyvern knights. 

However no one can touch FE10 Jill in this regard. 

Dean and Beruka are missing. 

Excuse me, but Dean is not a female name. One moment and I'll add Beruka, my Fates knowledge is lacking for obvious reasons.

7 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Such a rare occurrence, but usually a welcome one.

? What's so rare? The class in general, or them being female? Because there are more playable female wyvern riders in the series than male.

Anyway, Jill.

33 minutes ago, Florete said:

? What's so rare? The class in general, or them being female? Because there are more playable female wyvern riders in the series than male.

Anyway, Jill.

The two statements aren't mutually exclusive. They do tend to be one of the least populated classes. Each game only gets about 1-2 on average.

That's more than rare classes like Dark Mages and Halberdiers... but yeah.

Edited by Etheus

I'm gonna sound unoriginal but I'm just gonna chalk it up to people sharing great taste. I like Jill for her character development and because she's pretty invaluable when you recruit her each time. In addition to that, my experiences with her have always been positive and I'd love to see her in a second FEW title.

5 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Excuse me, but Dean is not a female name.

I dunno... could be short for Deanna...

Minerva with Altena as runner-up. Minerva is just neat. All her lines in Shadow Dragon are pretty awesome, from, "I've no stomach for these cat-and-mouse tactics" to her entire pre-battle conversation with Michalis. Plus, sweet armor.

Edited by Solvaij