Which anime studio would you trust with a hypothetical three houses anime

Ottservia

A sort of off shoot of the "which route would an anime adapt?" thread. I propose the question if three houses were to get an anime which studio would you trust best to properly handle such a task? Personally I'd go with Madhouse, Bones, or Ufotable because of their high production values and I feel FE fits the studios' identity.

Probably Ufotable since that's the only name I recognize and they do good work-

18 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I haven't seen much anime, so I'm going to say Bones, just because I know they did Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. 

Ok them too.

16 hours ago, KevinskyHaaz said:

I'd prefer a live-action Game of Thrones style show on HBO 😉 

Nominated for worst taste evah. Then again they could adapt Crimson Flower, hear their good for having dragons torch cities.

16 hours ago, KevinskyHaaz said:

Well, now that Game of Thrones is over, they are going to get desperate for another big money-maker. My money was on that they would force George R. R. Martin to sit down and finish the books so they can make Game of Thrones: Brotherhood. 

6 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

Nominated for worst taste evah. Then again they could adapt Crimson Flower, hear their good for having dragons torch cities.

That hurts :L

Oh come on I just want a real good grim and gritty Fire Emblem show, i think that'd be great

1 minute ago, KevinskyHaaz said:

Oh come on I just want a real good grim and gritty Fire Emblem show, i think that'd be great

If that's what you want let's bring yuasa into the director's chair. He'd be a good fit for that(I can't think of any other directors atm that would fit maybe Ito hmm). Or you could just bring in Gen Urobuchi to write an original anime series based on some world building element or something(like Edelgard's past for instance). Now if you want dark and gritty that is the man you should be asking. It's been almost a year and I am still emotionally recovering from rebellion's ending

Whichever one that'll make the ending a full version of the song Dorothea sings about Edelgard in their C support in the Crimson flower route. If they did CF and did not use that as the ending I'd be dissappointed

KyoAni. I don't know much about their history with action scenes, but they'd nail the emotion, characters and storytelling perfectly and make everything look and sound amazing to boot without using the adaptation process as an excuse to produce 50 episodes of cheap fanservice shots. Looking at you, A1.

It helps that KyoAni is the greatest studio of all time in my personal opinion, of course 😛

Edited by DefyingFates

On 11/16/2019 at 10:06 PM, KevinskyHaaz said:

I haven't seen Game of Thrones but seconded on a live action show. Fire Emblem Three Houses lacks the things I associate with cartoons. Unhinged fantasy, clear antagonists, a talking animal sidekick. Plus near 100% of the non-battle scenes occur in the monastery which really helps the set budget. And all the characters being humans wielding martial weapons gives the show a smaller CGI budget than the average superhero serial. And the costuming is only as elaborate as what you'd see at a Renaissance Faire. When it comes to Fire Emblem, live action all day.

29 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I haven't seen Game of Thrones but seconded on a live action show. Fire Emblem Three Houses lacks the things I associate with cartoons. Unhinged fantasy, clear antagonists, a talking animal sidekick. Plus near 100% of the non-battle scenes occur in the monastery which really helps the set budget. And all the characters being humans wielding martial weapons gives the show a smaller CGI budget than the average superhero serial. And the costuming is only as elaborate as what you'd see at a Renaissance Faire. When it comes to Fire Emblem, live action all day.

You and I have very different definitions of ‘cartoon’ aesthetics then cause when I think Fire Emblem I think Shounen anime(with a hint of shoujo and seinen here or there) cause FE is very deeply rooted in that anime aesthetic and live action adaptations of these sorts of things tend to not turn out very well.

21 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

You and I have very different definitions of ‘cartoon’ aesthetics then cause when I think Fire Emblem I think Shounen anime(with a hint of shoujo and seinen here or there) cause FE is very deeply rooted in that anime aesthetic and live action adaptations of these sorts of things tend to not turn out very well.

I thought their rough draft turned out pretty well. I'd suggest comparing this to the 90s Fire Emblem OVA and deciding which one you'd want to watch more, but a two and a half minute trailer with no dialogue isn't a fair comparison to a two episode pilot. Still, it's a strong case.

Production Companies

WIT - Attack on Titan (iirc they had a long backlog?) - https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=10798
NUT - Youjo Senki, FLCL, One Punch (also they are a newish studio so Nintendo could probably get an anime without waiting too long unlike WIT) - https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=15923
Whitefox - Code Geass, Food Wars, Re:Zero - https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=6989
LINDEN Films - ERASED, Arslan Senki (lower tier than the others as Linden definitely has had bombs but Arslan I think carries over to FE pretty well) - https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=11121
SANZIGEN - Three Houses Cutscenes Studio (what Nintendo would probably go with) - https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=5214

Edited by IonicAmalgam

8 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Isn't that a group of manga artists as opposed to an anime studio?

My bad. I guess I just associated them with the Animes for their works since they were the common thread.

I mean to say that something in the visual style of a Code Geass, Tsubasa Chronicles, or X/1999 would be particularly good for Three Houses.

If I were to pick one of the studios that worked on their animes, probably Madhouse.

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I thought their rough draft turned out pretty well. I'd suggest comparing this to the 90s Fire Emblem OVA and deciding which one you'd want to watch more, but a two and a half minute trailer with no dialogue isn't a fair comparison to a two episode pilot. Still, it's a strong case.

I'll be honest: there is not a single scene from the opening of three houses that I see at all being well portrayed in a live action. I can only see a live action as enjoyable in how bad it would be.

7 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

I'll be honest: there is not a single scene from the opening of three houses that I see at all being well portrayed in a live action. I can only see a live action as enjoyable in how bad it would be.

That's a good endorsement in my eyes. Better that than a shot-for-shot cliffnotes recreation of a video game's plot

14 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

you're comparing a ninties anime with the budget, staff, and animation of something akin to a seventies cartoon with a modern trailer with 10x the amount of budget and staff. That's not a fair comparison no matter how you slice it. I also don't appreciate the fact that you seem to be implying that animation is not as "good" of a medium as "live action" because animation is far more capable than what you seem to be giving it credit for. I mean just look at the opening cutscene to 3H which has amazing animation, lighting, and choreography. Not to mention the fact that if you went live action a lot of things that makes 3H great on an aesthetic level would be lost. Like the characters' designs and expressiveness for example. Wanna know why anime characters have such big eyes? It's so that they can be more expressive which is something you just can't get in live-action. In my opinion 3H would just be better off as an anime. 

7 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

In my opinion 3H would just be better off as an anime. 

You're free to this opinion just as I'm free to share mine.

7 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

you're comparing a ninties anime with the budget, staff, and animation of something akin to a seventies cartoon with a modern trailer with 10x the amount of budget and staff. 

Oof, that's a sketchy claim. You know how much more expensive animation used to be? Now they do it on computers. Heck I was doing it on computers ten years ago.