Fire Emblem Heroes - New Heroes (Guardians of Peace)

Landmaster

All these old game banners, and still no Jugdral. Mareeta remains the only new character this year.

Weird that they’re adding Brunya as a TT unit and not GHB.

Edited by Baldrick

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

who is Brunnya? (who are these people? LOL)

• Igrene- The Guardian of Nabata (and a Sniper), the desert land home to the hidden village of Arcadia. Sophia and Fae come from Arcadia. Her father is Hawkeye, although he is dead by the time of FE6.
  • Larum- Adopted daughter of Douglas, Great General of Etruria. She helps a resistance in the Western Isles fight Etrurian rule, and helps Elffin, the prince of Etruria who was nearly killed in an assassination attempt and was hidden in the Western Isles afterwards. A perky girl who likes to dance, if recruited, she leads Roy into helping the Western Isles resistance, she can also marry him (but so can Sophia, Lilina, Shanna, Sue, and Cecilia).
  • Echidna- Hero of the Western Isles, a leader of its resistance forces. If Roy goes down the right path at the route split, Larum can recruit Echidna. She is uniquely for her era of FE a female Hero.
  • Perceval- Knight General (Paladin) of Etruria, he, Douglas, and Cecilia are Etruria's trio of strongest military commanders. When Etrurian experiences a coup, he sides with the corrupt nobles to preserve the king's life. He later defects to Roy and the good guys when he hears/sees Elffin is still alive.
  • Chad- A kid Thief raised in the same orphanage as Lugh and Raigh, as their non-blood brother essentially. Joins Roy's army to get revenge on Bern, who destroyed his orphanage.
  • Brunnya- A Sage (not wyvern rider) and one of Bern's trio of elite military commanders- the Wyvern Generals. They consist of Brunnya, Murdock, and Narcian. She led the Bern invasion of Sacae, and later was assigned by her king Zephiel to protect Idunn while Zephiel fights and dies in Bern Castle. On the true ending, Roy finds Brunnya defending the Dragon Temple where Idunn is located. Brunnya leads a futile battle to stop Roy from getting to Idunn, joining the king she is implied to have romantic feelings for in death. Before the battle, she ordered all soldiers with families to leave her forces, wanting to minimize the lives impacted by this last stand.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • Igrene- The Guardian of Nabata, the desert land home to the hidden village of Arcadia. Sophia and Fae come from Arcadia. Her father is Hawkeye, although he is dead by the time of FE6.
  • Larum- Adopted daughter of Douglas, Great General of Etruria. She helps a resistance in the Western Isles fight Etrurian rule, and helps Elffin, the prince of Etruria who was nearly killed in an assassination attempt and was hidden in the Western Isles afterwards. A perky girl who if recruited, leads Roy into helping the Western Isles resistance, she can also marry him (but so can Sophia, Lilina, Shanna, and Sue, and Cecilia).
  • Echidna- Hero of the Western Isles, a leader of its resistance forces. If Roy goes down the right path at the route split, Larum can recruit Echidna. She is uniquely for her era of FE a female Hero.
  • Perceval- Knight General of Etruria, he, Douglas, and Cecilia are Etruria's trio of strongest military commanders. When Etrurian experiences a coup, he sides with the corrupt nobles to preserve the king's life. He later defects to Roy and the good guys when he hears/sees Elffin is still alive.
  • Chad- A kid thief raised in the same orphanage as Lugh and Raigh, as their non-blood brother essentially. Joins Roy's army to get revenge on Bern, who destroy his orphanage.
  • Brunnya- A Sage (not wyvern rider) and one of Bern's trio of elite military commanders- the Wyvern Generals. They consist of Brunnya, Murdock, and Narcian. She led the Bern invasion of Sacae, and later was assigned by her king Zephiel to protect Idunn while Zephiel fights and dies in Bern Castle. On the true ending, Roy finds Brunnya defending the Dragon Temple where Idunn is located. Brunnya leads a futile battle to stop Roy from getting to Idunn, joining the king she is implied to have romantic feelings for in death. Before the battle, she ordered all soldiers with families to leave her forces, wanting to minimize the lives impacted by this last stand.

thanks soo very much. 🙂
I have to be a good girl and save for Sothis. if not i'd try for Bowchicky. 

Super random, but I love it. Definitely looking forward to picking up a demoted Echidna and free Brunnya, and Igrene looks great. I don't think I'll pull for her yet, but on a 3-character banner, definitely. Percival and Larum are also solid additions. Chad is the only one I don't care much about, but I'm curious about his skills.

Odd that Melady isn't here, though.

Huh, definitely wasn't expecting the trailer to come up tonight nor was I expecting it to be a Binding Blade banner. I guess Farfetched Heroes really is being moved to December? or they are scrapping it now which I guess would make sense since we are at a point where they would potentially be pulling characters from 80th+ place. Oh well, never played Binding Blade so the banner is a skip for me. Get to save more orbs and will probably reach 2000 orbs by the end of the month unless Nagi is on the Distant Counter banner next week.

Going off of Binding Blade, Echidna would have balanced stats, right? So, something like Libra with more speed or summer Ylgr with high resistance.

Edited by Kaden

Not disappointed that it's an FE6 banner but pretty disappointed in how the units turned out. I don't mind if Farfetched is ditched as a concept as it's not particularly relevant or interesting anymore.

- Poor Tethys, it's like Larum was made specifically to powercreep her two weeks after her introduction.

- Another lance cavalry in Perceval? Seriously?

- Axe infantry is another direct repeat of the previous banner, but this one is forgivable provided she demotes.

- Igrene is the only real unit worth a damn here though. Still not all that interesting, though sexed up to the nines.

After all this time they really just dropped the first red bow randomly into the main summoning pool.

It's annoying to still not see Farfetched three, but if they keep up this habit of adding actual new characters I guess we won't really need it.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Going off of Binding Blade, Echidna would have balanced stats, right? So, something like Libra with more speed or summer Ylgr with high resistance.

Her bases are: 35 HP 13 Str 19 Skl 18 Spd 6 Lck 8 Def 7 Res 9 Con

Her growths aren't very good, nothing higher than 30 outside of HP, there is a must be intentional gap between most (like not Karel and Klein) prepromotes and unpromoted units in FE6.

9 Con means every Axe in the game weighs her down, albeit Iron only by 1, Killer by 2, and Hand by 3, which is all she'll really want to use (barring Armads for a Manakete). Sword access for accuracy and full AS is splendid too. I never actually recruited her, having only played FE6 once and gone for Bartre. But I can tell her Spd means that even with the okay base Str, she'll be able to put out some good damage, if not ORKOs.

Fragile, not the strongest, but tied for the third highest base Spd (Perceval she ties with, Dayan and Karel beat her) of any unit in FE6, thats not so bad. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Lalum seems okay. Only real thing of note is that we now have a Sky Maiougi clone in the normal pool. Potential demote, but unlikely due to her weapon and Ekhidna's less stand-out kit unless they finally decide to start demoting more than one character at a time, which is also unlikely.

Perceval seems okay, too. Guard with a better condition on his lance is pretty nice. Otherwise, again, nothing of real note.

Ekhidna looks the most likely to demote. We finally get our Steady Stance axe, which is really nice. I can see it doing well on Haar and Gerome if you want to forgo Slaying Axe for more bulk.

We finally get Life and Death 4, and it has exactly the effect I thought it would have. I might have to pull for 2 copies of Igrene to get it for Ophelia. It looks like she's intended to function like Ophelia, but still has to rely on Infantry Pulse to set up her Special, which is kind of unfortunate.

Can't really say anything about Chad until we see his stats. Dagger units are still lackluster without either superior stats or a superior weapon. It makes me happy that they had the same artist draw the orphanage trio, though.

The art on this banner is top notch.

I hope Brunnya gets Fimbulvetr instead of a generic weapon.

Since everyone on this banner is going to end up in the standard pool afterwards (and there aren't any dragons to tempt me for merges), there's no real point in me pulling for more than 1 copy of each character (other than Igrene for Life and Death 4). Saving money is nice.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It makes me happy that they had the same artist draw the orphanage trio, though.

And Fae. This means you make a tetracolor team out of Himukais, Etrian Emblem it is! Just ignore how Raigh sinks the team to the 5th floor of the Claret Hollows, right in front of the Yggdrasil Core priming an Armageddon.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Fae. This means you make a tetracolor team out of Himukais, Etrian Emblem it is! Just ignore how Raigh sinks the team to the 5th floor of the Claret Hollows, right in front of the Yggdrasil Core priming an Armageddon.

Lugh is green, though, not blue.

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It's here...
Life and Death 4...
...and it's not that exciting, basically just LnD3 with an Atk/Spd 2 seal tacked on.

Unit opinions later.

It's +5 damage for Ophelia over Life and Death 3.

It's also +1 Atk over Swift Sparrow 3. It's now best in slot for Levn, Mareeta, Summer Laegjarn, and Thrasir.

It might not be exciting, but it's hella practical.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Spoilers avoided.

....ONLY IT TURNS OUT I WAS BAMBOOZLED, IT'S FE6! TWO IN A YEAR! 

Lalum first, wielding a colourless dagger (Dangit), with Dragonslasher (Neat reference there) (Dragonbreaker, nullifies unit and foe's skill that change priority (Someone could use this on B!Ike)), Dance, Disarm Trap 3 (IT'S IN THE REGULAR POOL) and Spd/Res Gap 3 (Okay). Percival next with a Prized Lance (Special trigger -1, if foe has 100% HP gives him +4 to all stats and reduces foe's cooldown per attack), Luna, Atk/Def Solo, Lull Atk/Spd and Rouse Def/Res (SO HE'S A 1-MAN ARMY. LEAST IT'S ACCURATE. I GUESS). Echidna (OH SNAP) arrives with Rearguard (It's Vanguard), Sol, Brazen Spd/Res (New apparently) and Drive Atk 2 (So she's demoted. Oh. That's sad.). Igrene is then the marquee unit (SHE HAS A RED BOW), coming with the Guardian's Bow (Cooldown -1, if her Spd > Foe's, reduces Atk/Spd/Def by 5 (That's a pain), Blazing Wind, L&D 4 (It's +7 t Atk/Sd th -5 to Def/Res), Special Spiral and Pulse Smoke 3, good thing I have M!Robin?. We also get a paralogue with Loki and Thorr and no GHB hint. Then we get the CHAD  as our 3-4* drop (This should have been Astore, fight me) and apparently the TT's Brunnya (So Murderock will be for another time, or the banner).

Not gonna lie, there's something for everyone here. I don't know that I'll focus on it much though.

This is certainly a surprise. Since the December banner we currently know about is New Heroes, maybe that one is for Farfetched? Anyway, nice to see Binding Blade get some more representation, although I would have been happier if we'd seen an FE7 banner with Farina on it.

• Larum looks thoroughly mediocre aside from her weapon. I'm hardly opposed to more dragon-slayers though.
  • Perceval looks pretty good, although another lance cavalry is kind of dull. I'm not a fan of his art though. It's kind of like Lloyd's in that his face looks weaselly, although it's definitely not as bad as looking like he's on drugs.
  • Echidna also looks mediocre, but she has some new skills so yay?
  • Igrene, aka Red Bow #1, is so clearly the favorite of this banner. I expect to see a lot of her in AR soon.
  • Chad's okay? He rounds out the orphanage trio, but without seeing his skills there's not much to say about him.

Even if I wasn't saving for L!Julia I wouldn't bother with this banner. No characters I like and no cool niche except for Igrene. Hopefully Farfetched comes along soon.

Easy pass, thankfully! I am glad it’s not far fetched, as I can save up for winter / NY alts and Lucina... and Ephraim+Lyon at this rate lol

Will try for Red, then blue! Then... colorless, because that green looks like an easy demote. Chad looks cute 🙂 

A pretty easy skip for me. I didn't care much for the Western island cast. 

Strangely its the demote unit I'm most exited about. I'm quite glad to see Chad since it means team Orphan is now complete. I'm not sure Lucius, Chad and the twins will be an effective team but its at least a fun one. I could have done without Chad sharing the ugly artstyle of the twins though. 

Love how Igrene has the full Blazing beginner set. Almost no need to do anything about her set after getting her if you love to play it. Also depends on her attack. Definitely worth it.
Also Echidna looks like the clear demote. So I don't need to go for her and can just focus on lucking me a Igrene. Nice!

Regarding what comes story wise they really take the Einheriar part now.. So we also might see characters like Helbindi again? Will Gunnthra be also part of the Einheriar? Or are they just taking Lif and Thrasir.. Who knows. But I love that Thor finally gets her role. And we also seem to approach something like Valhalla now..of course this is just speculation. Also because its a paralog and does not have to mean much..

Edited by Stroud