Fire Emblem Heroes - New Heroes (Guardians of Peace)

Landmaster

This banner completely snuck past me and FE6 also wasn't a banner I thought we'd get. The lack of Niime is a bit criminal, but I think its a cool banner otherwise. No superstars, but I think its good to focus on the regular cast as well.

Echinda: Probably the demote, but still my favourite. She looks cool and design-wise Echinda's pretty unique compared to most female characters. We also really needed that axe she's carrying

Igrene: The first red archer is Igrene and her kit looks pretty full of amazing skills. Cool

Perceval: His art looks really cool. His toolkit looks like a second Camoo. Probably skipping him.

Lalum: I don't like the art. Probably not pulling much on Colourless.

Chad is neat too. My Orphan team is ready for the new addition. Surprised they did not give him the vengeance skill. It seems to go well with his character. Maybe he'll get fury instead?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally! Some good f*cking food!

I love everything about this banner.

Not only it's more Binding, which gives me hope for my current most wanted unit who is from that game (go Dorothy, GO!), but it's also a banner without a Duo-Hero. Thank Naga, I don't want every new banner to have basically an alt.

Plus, remember how rarely we used to get new axe units in the permanent pool and how rarely we used to get new inheritable axes? Well, now we have Gerik and Echidna back-to-back.

And we also got our Red Bow! People with OCD can sleep at night at last.

And Chad! The trend of an instant demote gets recomfirmed with every new banner.

And the FREE UNIT IS AN ENEMY ONLY UNIT!!!! The legends were true! After 3000 years we can play with a new enemy boss. Thank you, IS! This almost makes up for not including Selena last time.

Oh, and I guess people that get emotional about reunions can be happy to reunite Igrene with Hawkeye and Chad with his brothers and Lucius. 

Honestly I want to get everyone from this banner but I think I will just pull until I get someone. I don't have that many orbs and I need to save for Farfetched, Christmas and New Year back-to-back.

Yes I still believe Farfetched is coming. Call me an optimist if you want. Comes December and we will see if I was wright or wrong.

recently i've just been throwing random orbs at every new banner hoping to get mordecai, reyson or a 5* unit (i've actually been quite lucky to be honest), so i'll do the same with this banner

cuboon always draws the sexiest women, and my god now people can stop complaining about "m-muh red bow"

i've always hated lalum, chad is indifferent to me, perceval and echidna are cool, brunnya is great

so yeah i'll throw my 30-ish orbs when the banner pops up hoping to get igrene

i'm generally very happy when a banner featuring 100% new heroes is announced, so this banner definitely gets my seal of approval

where are you makalov

Edited by Yexin

I thought after they put Phina and Nagi  (dancer and dragon respectively)  together in one banner, they would be more daring to do it again. Oh well. 

It means the only refreshers left are: 

Laylea, Lara, Elphin, Nils, Rafiel, and likely 3H dancer is Dorothea. 

As for the dragons, those who left are

Medeus (Likely mythic), Mila (also likely mythic), Jahn, Nils, Morva, literally all of the dragon Laguz, Lilith, Anankos ( also likely Mythic), Rhea/Seiros (likely as Legendary instead), 

Apparently we have more dragons left than refreshers. Wow.

Edited by DraceEmpressa

is it bad that I'm more excited for the freebie/demote units? Free pull on the weekly rerun gave me Python, so...my chances of getting those units is significantly high? Echidna is one of my top faves and to complete the orphan trio, Chad is there. Although, I'm kinda swimming in Axe infantry now since I've gotten Gerik and the Useless Emperor, and Ross. Ross is Boss.

4 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

is it bad that I'm more excited for the freebie/demote units? Free pull on the weekly rerun gave me Python, so...my chances of getting those units is significantly high? Echidna is one of my top faves and to complete the orphan trio, Chad is there. Although, I'm kinda swimming in Axe infantry now since I've gotten Gerik and the Useless Emperor, and Ross. Ross is Boss.

Totally justified. I mean the 3/4 pool kind of stagnated for a long time and its really refreshing to get more new heroes there. For a long time I could almost be no happy about any of those I pulled, because they would be fodder at best after I collected enough of the wanted merge projects. Also while pulling for a favorite on a certain color there is always the chance to get those collected. Green will be more attractive for me thanks to Echidna and the chance to just get her. 

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lalum seems okay. Only real thing of note is that we now have a Sky Maiougi clone in the normal pool. Potential demote, but unlikely due to her weapon and Ekhidna's less stand-out kit unless they finally decide to start demoting more than one character at a time, which is also unlikely.

We finally get Life and Death 4, and it has exactly the effect I thought it would have. I might have to pull for 2 copies of Igrene to get it for Ophelia. It looks like she's intended to function like Ophelia, but still has to rely on Infantry Pulse to set up her Special, which is kind of unfortunate.

Disarm Trap also seems unlikely on a demote unless they want to start being generous with AR skills.

Igrene looks really scary in tandem with Ophelia if you overlap their ranges.

I guess I'll skip this banner. I don't have the orbs to go skill-picking, and I'm completely unfamiliar with the characters. But wow, what a surprise! Didn't expect an FE6 banner!

15 hours ago, daisy jane said:

my poor baby Myrrh. 

I know, right?! looks up with watery eyes

Echidna's my favourite of the bunch so I hope she's the demote and not Lalum. I would have been happy with our first red bow were she not just a melee version of Ophelia. With Infantry Pulse teams being a thing her kit just seems like them laughing at everyone who got a Nagi so they wouldn't have to deal with Ophelia. On the other hand, I am glad we got our first red archer. Sort of. RIP another meme.

And it's nice to see two FE6 banners within a single year after absolutely nothing for 2+ years before it.

Free pulling Red>Blue>Colorless in priority order.

Igrene looks the most useful as a unit, Perceval has lull atk/spd (why did they put the same one as Sirius, and on a similar unit to boot), and Larum for non-seasonal Cloud Maiougi fodder.

9 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I thought after they put Phina and Nagi  (dancer and dragon respectively)  together in one banner, they would be more daring to do it again. Oh well. 

It means the only refreshers left are: 

Laylea, Lara, Elphin, Nils, Rafiel, and likely 3H dancer is Dorothea. 

As for the dragons, those who left are

Medeus (Likely mythic), Mila (also likely mythic), Jahn, Nils, Morva, literally all of the dragon Laguz, Lilith, Anankos ( also likely Mythic), Rhea/Seiros (likely as Legendary instead), 

Apparently we have more dragons left than refreshers. Wow.

The remaining refreshers are all getting my CYL votes, unless Nils is added in Farfetched before it. 

As for the dragons, I'd love the Dragon Laguz to join, especially Rajaion and Almedha (although Almedha is a special case)

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Igrene is pretty much my hope from this banner since I really want Pulse Smoke.

Roy's harem is finally complete with Larum getting added.

Now the real voting gauntlet of Heroes can begin.... all of Roy's brides and a Wolt alt are in. Sounds like a voting gauntlet to me.

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I know, right?! looks up with watery eyes

Echidna's my favourite of the bunch so I hope she's the demote and not Lalum. I would have been happy with our first red bow were she not just a melee version of Ophelia. With Infantry Pulse teams being a thing her kit just seems like them laughing at everyone who got a Nagi so they wouldn't have to deal with Ophelia. On the other hand, I am glad we got our first red archer. Sort of. RIP another meme.

And it's nice to see two FE6 banners within a single year after absolutely nothing for 2+ years before it.

it's like. every new banner it's a "Let's See how we can Myrrhder Myrrh."I still don't regret it - she's like my favourite character for a game i've never even played lol and she's very helpful ina tonne of content for me. but seesh. IS is legit hating on the dragons this year. 

to be fair. Myrrh is still standing the test of time. I tend to put her through the gauntlet lol. most dragon eff's she can pretty much shrug off. (exception: a really well built Deidre, Brave Alm, Legendary Alm and Legendary Julia just obliterate her out of the sky- sometimes Horsey Chrom too - or rather "Sealed Falchion" so if Lucina runs it she's in trouble). but. Regular Julia, some Tikis, DanceElincia's (and now Dragonslayer) - and amazingly - Legendary Leif this one amazed even me because she did it without Iotes on her

i think that's the thing. Igrene is Red Ophelia. (so theoretically not melee because she does use range but i get what you mean). and the funny thing was I was hoping when Pent came around i could snag pulse smoke for Ophelia, so seeing Igrene with LND4/Special Spiral/Pulse Smoke it's like well if you don't like using mages, try using a bow. I know some people have issues with coloured weapons but for me i don't have an issue with them as it's the same as using magic imo. just pierces defense not res. and yeah i just thought of that. Nagi was built to withstand Ophelia but can she handle an Igrene? the AOE built in buffer might help butit's still colour disadvantage. 

not going to lie Igrene tempts me but i really want to start saving a stack of orbs for the January Banner fest we generally get thrown our way and I just feel Igrene will get a Hero Fest treatment (if not again the special spiral banner - though w/double red that can be quite a Gongshow)

Everyone does know that Brunnya is the TT reward, because it says so in the notifications.  The main page and everyone seems to think she GHB, but we don't get a new one of those til next month.  I am starting to get annoyed by this mistake.

19 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Her bases are: 35 HP 13 Str 19 Skl 18 Spd 6 Lck 8 Def 7 Res 9 Con

Her growths aren't very good, nothing higher than 30 outside of HP, there is a must be intentional gap between most (like not Karel and Klein) prepromotes and unpromoted units in FE6.

9 Con means every Axe in the game weighs her down, albeit Iron only by 1, Killer by 2, and Hand by 3, which is all she'll really want to use (barring Armads for a Manakete). Sword access for accuracy and full AS is splendid too. I never actually recruited her, having only played FE6 once and gone for Bartre. But I can tell her Spd means that even with the okay base Str, she'll be able to put out some good damage, if not ORKOs.

Fragile, not the strongest, but tied for the third highest base Spd (Perceval she ties with, Dayan and Karel beat her) of any unit in FE6, thats not so bad. 

So, axe Rutger or gen 4 Anna? If you take Anna's stats and add 4 points into her HP for Echidna's given 45, you'd have a stat spread of 45 HP, 29 Atk, 38 Spd, 22 Def, and 28 Res for 162 BST with around 10 points remaining while with adding 1 point into his HP would lead to 45 HP, 32 Atk, 39 Spd, 29 Def, and 24 Res for 169 BST with around 3 points remaining. That's basically Anna's stat spread with 4 more HP and swapped defenses. Rutger's is probably closer with Echidna's base Def being (1 point higher) higher than her base Res in Binding Blade. Although, with a 15% growth in both stats and her being a pre-promote, I guess her defenses wouldn't be that great which doesn't matter if she can dodge things, but Binding Blade had weird hit rates, right?

Anyway, going off of Rutger's stat spread plus 1 point into HP, dumping 3 points into Res would give Echidna 45 HP, 32 Atk, 39 Spd, 29 Def, and 27 Res. She'd beat Anna as the fastest axe infantry with neutral base speed and would only be 1 speed slower than +Spd Hilda without speed buffs and equal +Spd Gerik and ignoring Darting Blow 4. Problem is that she'd tie with Arthur, Axezura, and summer Xander with the second lowest base neutral attack and she does not have a personal axe to help her out in that department. Speaking of which, at the cost of defenses and having lower resistance than her or not actually having a speed stat, Edelgard, Linus, and Raven can have similar speed or guaranteed a follow-up attack in Edelgard's case, but have higher attack or can straight up one shot people. Defensively, Libra with switched offenses and 5 more HP which is good since she'd be able to avoid more doubles, but Libra having been introduced earlier and having slightly higher base resistance means there is a bigger chance someone could have merged Libra and he can tank magic more easily. And then there's Hawkeye, Helbindi, and CYL Ike who dumped speed, but have higher overall defenses, mainly Helbindi and if ever so slightly for Hawkeye, or can mitigate damage very well in the case of Hawkeye and especially CYL Ike. Helbindi is 5* locked and still the axe infantry with the highest base resistance at 31, 1 point higher than Hawkeye, while Hawkeye has been in the summoning pool since launch and CYL Ike has been on several banners, could have been chosen as a free unit with the CYL1 pick banner, and is a free unit through Heroes' Paths.

If you go off of Anna's stat spread, then Echidna's defensive bulk would be average to below average. There would be more room to dump into her resistance and make her the first axe unit to break into >= 32 base neutral Res which if you do that, then that's just adding 4 points into Anna's Res and leave Echidna with around 6 points to play with. So, we're looking at 45 HP, 29 Atk, 38 Spd, 22 Def, and 32 Res. Kind of like Fir or Lloyd with more HP and Spd. Bump up her Def by 2 for 24 Def so it's not that bad leaves 4 points which let's add 3 to Atk and 1 for Res for a stat spread of 45 HP, 32 Atk, 38 Spd, 24 Def, and 33 Res.

If only 1 point is added to Atk and the rest dumped into Def, then she'd have 45 HP, 30 Atk, 38 Spd, 27 Def, and 32 Res. The closest unit I think would be Marisa, but with switched defenses and 6 more Res; Marisa's 46 HP, 30 Atk, 36 Spd, 30 Def, and 21 Res. Or infantry, gen 4 Camilla. When we get or if we had Barrier Axe, then a defense refine would probably be okay and Echidna would have 31 Def at all times and 39 Res when attacked. She'd also have 50 HP where her normal, 45 HP is pretty good, so it might be okay to give her field buffs and not worry about Panic.

Either way would be fine, but focusing on her resistance would be interesting mainly because we don't have an axe infantry with >= 32 base neutral Res or a speedy one at that as Anna skirts the line with 28 base Res. That's not to say Anna, Hawkeye, Helbindi, and Libra don't have good resistance, investing into Ross's and summer Ylgr's Res would not be as good, or that they and CYL Ike aren't good tanks. It would let her stand out more.

Watch Echidna be terribly slow in Heroes and the only reason she managed to double the blue archer was because he had a Brave Bow. Welcome to Heroes Echidna with 45 HP, 30 Atk, 25 Spd, 37 Def, and 36 Res. If that stat spread seems familiar, then it is as it's Sheena's stat spread, but with 4 more resistance or Hawkeye's, but without Guardian's Axe and with 3 less attack for 7 more defense and 6 more resistance. It's like Heroes Florina all over again.

@mcsilas He probably reminds you of Matthew cause that's clearly his son. On a more serious note I'm waiting for his stats to directly powercreep Matthew's. Anyways the banner.

Definitely wasn't expecting another FE6 banner so soon and it is one of the games I played, but it's probably my least favorite and while there are units I like from that game, none of them barring Chad are present here (Dieck, Oujay where? Gale? Zeiss?)

Larum - Unremarkable. She comes with a previously seasonal only dagger which is great but barring that and her gap skill she really could demote. IS is being really stingy with these units that aren't all that great so they slap one or two new skills on them to justify keeping them *5 only. Larum demoting would change nothing in the meta. Yet she'll be someone's pitybreaker. Her stats will define her, she'll likely be better than Tethys at least.

Percival - Not a character or unit I ever really cared for in FE6. As for here he kinda overlaps with Sirius, but I may actually like Sirius more. From a fodder standpoint the Rouse skill is good for tanks and Lull ATK/SPD is amazing. He's in an already very saturated class and weapon type though so, meh.

Echidna - A great if obvious choice for the banner actually. I like Echidna fine but I'm a sucker for Gonzales or Lot if we're looking at Axemen, not in love with her art either. Still she's a cool and unique choice. She's the clear demote of the batch and it's nice since she brings a new weapon and skill like Larum. It peeves me a bit that the axe version of Safeguard+ will be *3-*4 but Safeguard+ itself remains *5 only. Still I would advise you all to be cautious. Echida carries a new weapon and skill, same as Larum. So realistically speaking she's just as likely to demote instead of her. Just be careful. I'm expecting Echidna to demote but Larum could very well take her spot. From a fodder and unit standpoint Echidna carries equal if not more value as a unit to the general player. 

Igrene - The clear star of the banner. Hawkeyes daughter was always cool with me but they really went all out for her for FEH. She's all but guaranteed to double if she's even 1 point faster than her opponent. She's the first of the red bows which makes her immensely valuable and she's a fodder goldmine. LND4, Special Spiral and Pulse Smoke is a dream package. If you're going to pull on this banner this is your target, weather or not you like her. I'm pretty much only going to pull whatever red orbs I see and be done.

Chad - Probably my favorite character out of the bunch to drop into the *3-*4 pool. Though there's probably no chance of me building him up do to having his dad maxed out (C'mon you know Matthew is his father...) I hope his stats do him justice or he at the very least brings some good fodder to the table. Not in love with his art. That artist just does nothing for me.

Overall this banner is a pretty solid skip. Igrene is a titan of a unit and a goldmine but she's the most likely to show up in a future banner.

Igrene. God does Cuboon know how to draw women, wow.  Looks like she'll be a really good unit too, and first red bow.  Will use my free summon on red, but not pulling on this banner, maybe if she is on a banner with better odds later I will go for her.

Brunnya has Fimbulvetr from what her entry in the meet the new heroes shows.

https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/category/character/

Also, apparently Chad and Echidna were drawn using their weapons left-handed. Their sprites have them using their weapons right-handed. Kind of weird, but interesting.

Echidna's injured art is amusing to me. It's the angle of the shot, but from far away, it makes her look like her left eyebrow's raised and her expression is a pissed off "Huh?" It gives off the feel of someone provoking or getting the attention of a delinquent girl from a manga or anime.

Chad's injured art makes me feel like it could become a meme.

Edited by Kaden

27 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Brunnya has Fimbulvetr from what her entry in the meet the new heroes shows.

> Cries in basic Canas.

To be fair, if she's good enough she could make a fantastic merge project (I mean, I have Astram right now at +5, but I have no +10 blues and pretty much all the decent infantry are 5* exclusive.)

Thank you, Thank you so much! I love to see Echidna, Lalum and Igrene in the game! I'll probably get back to Heroes, but I'm too busy to pick it up now.

Brunnya is kind of a miss, I want Galle instead. Come on IntSys, we're so close to it. Since they didn't put Murdock in here first out of them, and if I look at CYL results, he might be the last from them.

12 hours ago, Zeo said:

Though there's probably no chance of me building him up do to having his dad maxed out (C'mon you know Matthew is his father...)

I'd say Chad works better if he's not related to the Blazing cast at all. In his support with Raigh he worries about not being anything special and his birth not being special in the least would help strengthen that fear. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'd say Chad works better if he's not related to the Blazing cast at all. In his support with Raigh he worries about not being anything special and his birth not being special in the least would help strengthen that fear. 

But there was nothing special about Matthew. He was a spy for Osita and one of Hectors close friends but nothing implied there was anything significant about his birth. It could be pretty safely assumed he was a commoner that worked his way up the ranks or simply a childhood friend of Hectors.

I don't think Chad being his child would make him any more special. If anything it's more symbolic as it was Matts abilities that made him relevant during Blazing and the same case could be made for Chad in Binding.