Tempest Trials+: Sands of Time! (Nov 21st)

Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

Why not use the 4* Brunnya? Just build a strong team of 3 units and use her just for the bonus. That's what I'll do until I get the 5* one

A 4 star unit is too weak.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A 4 star unit is too weak.

She doesn't have to enter combat at all. I did that in the last TT with lvl 1 Rolf till I got his 5* version. You can even use shards to lvl her up to lvl 20 if you want.
You have B!Ike with DC now, just use him and 2 other strong units and you're set.

Edited by Rinco

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's a 4* unit with bonus stats... she will not be weak. Just fodder a Odin to her, and she will have a blade tome.

That still costs feathers that I'd rather save. I don't care about this character that much.

Just now, Rinco said:

She doesn't have to enter combat at all. I did that in the last TT.
You have B!Ike with DC now, just use him and 2 other strong units and you're set.

Then that just weakens my team to only three capable units rather than four. Why would I want to do that?

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That still costs feathers that I'd rather save. I don't care about this character that much.

Then that just weakens my team to only three capable units rather than four. Why would I want to do that?

first of all - why do you want a TA seal of all things?
second of all - no it doesn't. i've done TT (manually, not auto) with the 4* bonus unit a few times.  they aren't weak. just use some of the plentiful fodder that you have until you get to 15K. (also it doesn't take that long to get to 15K w/o the bonus unit - something else i've had to do a few times). honestly my TT team is tactics. 
Veronica/Myrrh/Fjorm/bonus. Myrrh/Fjorm do all the work, and Veronica heals them

and you do it not to needlessly waste 20K feathers for a unit that you know you're not going to fodder off or merge. 

Edited by daisy jane

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

B!Ike with good support can solo the TT by himself on Lunatic 7. You don't even need 3 units, to be honest.

44 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

first of all - why do you want a TA seal of all things?

I figure if we get this, I can put it on female Robin so her A slot is freed up for Close Counter at some point. She'd make good use of CC, but she also really wants T-Adept because of her prf.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Using a 4-star character as a 4-star character doesn't cost any feathers.

It does to give someone a new weapon, since all the best weapons are 5 star exclusive.

23 minutes ago, Rinco said:

B!Ike with good support can solo the TT by himself on Lunatic 7. You don't even need 3 units, to be honest.

This actually might work, yeah.

It does to give someone a new weapon, since all the best weapons are 5 star exclusive.

If you have a Odin or a Tailtiu, a blade tome will not cost feathers... You do not need to give her a 5* weapon.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:
If you have a Odin, a blade tome will not cost feathers... You do not need to give her a 5* weapon.

Well, I'll still first see if I can just have Brave Ike tank most stuff and two other units serve as cleanup/refresher.

Well, I'll still first see if I can just have Brave Ike tank most stuff and two other units serve as cleanup/refresher.

You have OG Marth, right? Just have him with Drive Atk or Drive Def (or both, C and Seal) sit 2 spaces behind Ike and let Ike do the slaughtering. Ike with bonus stats, +5 Atk, +2 Def and +5 Res will be able to kill 99.9% of the stuff the TT throws at you. Just have whatever for your 3rd unit, probably Marth and the 3rd (and your bonus) won't need to enter combat.

10 minutes ago, Rinco said:

You have OG Marth, right? Just have him with Drive Atk or Drive Def (or both, C and Seal) sit 2 spaces behind Ike and let Ike do the slaughtering. Ike with bonus stats, +5 Atk, +2 Def and +5 Res will be able to kill 99.9% of the stuff the TT throws at you. Just have whatever for your 3rd unit, probably Marth and the 3rd (and your bonus) won't need to enter combat.

Yeah, I have him built up at 5 star. I can try that.

Edited by Anacybele

I literally throw Bonus doubled Nailah at everything and cry only when she finds an Edelgard. Then Eliwood oneshots her and Nailah goes of munching minions left and right. The bonus unit stand in a corner not attracting any attention.

5 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I literally throw Bonus doubled Nailah at everything and cry only when she finds an Edelgard. Then Eliwood oneshots her and Nailah goes of munching minions left and right. The bonus unit stand in a corner not attracting any attention.

Pretty much this except with Matthew without Bonus doubler. If he encounters an Idunn, I generally have a counter to her so I blow her up and keep it moving.

I train the bonus unit because I build everyone. They usually do very well with the tempest buffs, especially if they have a strong kit or stats.

I got a 3* Chad recently so I'll bring him along for the bonus points until I get the 4* Brunnya. Thank goodness for that because I always burn every Raigh I get so I was dreading having to waste the bonus rounds of the first day. 

I’ll run Ophelia, Adrift Azura, L! Azura and Raigh. That way, y have enough movility and raw power to ignore that Raigh is there. Just lets hope I don’t find many Nagi...

Once I get 5* Brunnya, I’ll make a completely new team

Edited by Javi Blizz

18 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks a lot IS...

Yes, of course it's IS's fault that they made a TT+ about Binding Blade, a game you don't like. How dare they?

Honestly you should have expected this. It was bound to happen that all games will receive some TT+, even the games that have zero units you like. And when that happens you have to use the free units for lack of better options. There's nothing unfair about that. The game doesn't even force to build the bonus unit, it doesn't even force you to play the TT+. 

If you are frustrated now, think that when a future TT+ about Tellius with Marcia as the free unit comes around, it will be the people who hate or didn't play Tellius that will be in trouble and you will have all the units you need.

You win some, you lose some. Nothing worth getting depressed or upset about.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Yes, of course it's IS's fault that they made a TT+ about Binding Blade, a game you don't like. How dare they?

Honestly you should have expected this. It was bound to happen that all games will receive some TT+, even the games that have zero units you like. And when that happens you have to use the free units for lack of better options. There's nothing unfair about that. The game doesn't even force to build the bonus unit, it doesn't even force you to play the TT+. 

If you are frustrated now, think that when a future TT+ about Tellius with Marcia as the free unit comes around, it will be the people who hate or didn't play Tellius that will be in trouble and you will have all the units you need.

You win some, you lose some. Nothing worth getting depressed or upset about.

...The fuck? Where did I say I was mad because this TT is FE6 themed? I specifically said I was annoyed at not having a bonus unit, not annoyed at the theme (even if I do have zero interest in FE6). You need to learn to actually read posts and not how to rudely jump to conclusions.

Also, Ice Dragon expressed disappointment in the bonus units too, why aren't you criticizing him?

Edited by Anacybele