Which death in 3H affected you the most? (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killing some of my favorites like Felix, Hilda and Ingrid was pretty hard to watch and Dimitri's death in Crimson Flower touched a nerve on me in an uncomfortable way.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Seteth might have been the one if I hadn't gone out of my way to spare him. 

Otherwise Hubert since he's one of my favorites. Actually its not so much killing him as finding out that Edelgard doesn't say a word about his death. Oof that's kinda painful for him. 

I like the cut of your gib and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. 

I refuse to kill Seteth and Flayn. Also, poor Hubie. I hate killing him too. Hes my non-Seteth husband 

Hilda's death hurt me so much. Especially it was Marianne who killed her. I wasn't expecting Hilda to move, and they had this conversation and then somehow Hilda missed her hit - and Marianne crit'ed her. Then Claude was like why didn't you RUN? and I was like. YEAH HILDA WHY DIDN'T YOU RUN?!

7 minutes ago, Faustino said:

You really don't like her, do you?

That obvious?

I cannot stand Flayn. She barely misses my top 5 most disliked characters (I mean, after all, characters like Nowi and Meg exist and are horrible), but it's like every single aspect of her has been factory designed to annoy me specifically. 

My first couple of times through, I did everything I could to recruit whoever I could. So the only character I missed in the first run (Crimson) was Lorenz, and who cares. I figured once I beat all the routes, I could go through and do a minimal recruit; only recruit people who asked.

I can't do it. The characters are so entrenched into this game, that I can't see myself going through and taking out anyone I don't absolutely have to take out (I.E.: Hilda in CF, the leaders and their retainers, etc.). I'm too OCD to not recruit everyone, and too attached to murder them, so I resort instead to Youtube videos if I want to see how it goes down.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

That obvious?

I cannot stand Flayn. She barely misses my top 5 most disliked characters (I mean, after all, characters like Nowi and Meg exist and are horrible), but it's like every single aspect of her has been factory designed to annoy me specifically. 

That obvious.

But I understand. I don't like her that much either...but not to the point of overkill though. lol

Just now, Faustino said:

That obvious.

But I understand. I don't like her that much either...but not to the point of overkill though. lol

Some of that is tongue in cheek and all in good fun.

I dislike Meg so much that I always used to send her down unarmed in cliffside defense mission in Act 4 and see how long she could survive.

Spoilers - not long. But hey, she could buy me a few attacks.

The death that affected me the most was Ferdinand of all people. In my first play-through in the Blue Lion I could not recruit due to him wanting a decent armor rank. So I got majority of the other Black Eagles members. By the time chapter 16 rolled around, he was the only playable enemy that I had faced up to that point. Afterwards in the monastery most of the students became so distraught since he died. Bonus point for Dorothea since she called him out specifically. I didn't know him well on my first run he made a strong impact .Made me get the feeling that even thought Ferdinand can be a buffoon at time people still cared about him.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

That obvious?

Nah man, it was pretty subtle 😉

Incidentally and completely unrelated, is it trendy to make yourself look as neurotic as possible on the internet?

Asking for a friend.

25 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

Nah man, it was pretty subtle 😉

Incidentally and completely unrelated, is it trendy to make yourself look as neurotic as possible on the internet?

Asking for a friend.

That was the joke.

And you do you. Personally, I think the forum could be a lot more fun with a little more crazy. 😉

Is none a valid answer? Jeralt was DOA since IS doesn’t feel like switching things up in regards to parents. With Edelgard I definitely couldn’t due to the company she kept (don’t get me started). Kronya made me lol due to the absurdity of how short of a stint she had within the game itself, doesn’t help she killed pops either so asking me for help definitely was a flop.

EDIT: I take it back, they did Dimitri dirty in Golden Deer. 🤨

Edited by Lord Ramble

On my first play through, I only recruited Caspar, and I was playing Azure Moon, so I got to see everyone’s else’s death. I felt particularly bad about the Golden Deer students we had no reason to fight, yet I had to kill them because Claude decided to attack us first. Nice move Claude. Especially since we help you two chapters later. 

I’ll admit I recruited all the Blue Lions on consecutive runs because I couldn’t stand to kill them, so glad I did because the Blue Lions got Verdant Wind and Silver Snow. Though they do seem hesitant to invade the Kingdom in Crimson Flower. 

I really feel sorry for Dimitri, since he got shafted so hard in Silver Snow and Verdant Wind. My head canon is that he survived the battle in Gronderfield in Silver Snow and is currently atoning for his sins under a false identity.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:19 PM, Lord Ramble said:

EDIT: I take it back, they did Dimitri dirty in Golden Deer. 🤨

To be honest, I really like Dimitri's end in Golden Deer. Seeing it makes the struggle to bring him back to the light in Azure Moon feel even more weighty: we see the consequence of what happens if he continues the way he's going and it's ugly, both in his own death and the pointless deaths of all his friends. It's one of my favourite scenes on the route (along with various times Claude is a magificent bastard).

13 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

To be honest, I really like Dimitri's end in Golden Deer. Seeing it makes the struggle to bring him back to the light in Azure Moon feel even more weighty: we see the consequence of what happens if he continues the way he's going and it's ugly, both in his own death and the pointless deaths of all his friends. It's one of my favourite scenes on the route (along with various times Claude is a magificent bastard).

I dunno, I'm not really a fan of how Dimitri is just unceremoniously killed off screen in the Golden Deer route. And I say this as someone who started with Golden Deer as their first route

Dimitri dies off-screen after serving an insignificant role in VW. Ironic how Dimitri and Claude are pretty irrelevant if you're not playing their respective routes.

I really like paralogues so I tend to recruit a lot of people I don't plan to use. I'll have to go back and do an in-house CF playthrough to get the full murder experience. There's something sad and frightening watching your former students wield Hero's Relics against you.

On that note, I feel I should address this: The first playthrough I felt bad killing most of the units, so for my second, I recruited everyone I could. It was exhausting. Boosting my stats to get everyone as well as having to manage that many units left me feeling drained. That made me somewhat more comfortable killing units off.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:20 PM, Gregster101 said:

I dunno, I'm not really a fan of how Dimitri is just unceremoniously killed off screen in the Golden Deer route. And I say this as someone who started with Golden Deer as their first route

I'm honestly not sure having it be on-screen would have changed anything. Hilda's description did more for me than another one of the game's low-quality anime cutscenes could have, I think.

I feel like Dimitri's role on VW would feel a bit anticlimactic and unceremonious if that was your first route, but as someone who experienced Azure Moon first, it really resonated with me. Again, it's the bad end that AM hinted was just around the corner, come to life.

• 2 weeks later...

Ferdie’s death in my first playthrough, he was one of my favorite characters not from my house and I really wanted to recruit him, only for his B support to be locked until after the timeskip, and it was too late to raise armor ranks... so I was very salty but also sad until we actually killed him and Dorothea said her famous line and I felt so sad...

I also can’t bring myself to kill any of my Blue Lion children so when it came time to kill Dimi I just T-T

CF was my first route. Chose the kill Claude option thinking it'd be some nonsense where they stop you anyway, then it actually happened and it was like "wait are we the bad guys".

Tbh the whole invasion of the alliance in CF is bad feels, at least the kingdom is harboring the church but you go and sack Leicester just because it's there. 

Edelgard. Especially in Verdant Wind and Silver Snow. Like wow, really freaking dark. Easily the most depressing and darkest death. Dimitri's is sad too and didn't sit well with me. Then also Hilda, since you can't really avoid killing her in Crimson Flower.