Is Ike gay? *warning, controversy*

Ike  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Ike's sexuality?

• He's straight
    • He's gay
    • He's asexual
    • No opinion
    • None of these choices
    • I refuse to answer

It's been plaguing FE10 boards since the beginning.

I'm giving a spoiler warning for those who haven't played enough to know it. But It's common knowledge regardless:

Ike and Soren (or Ranulf) have a Yaoi ending.

The question is though... is he gay?

My belief: I think he is TBQH. He and his friend, by that I mean whoever he has an A support with, have been good friends for a long time... and especially when they've fought in wars side by side, that alone changes a normal relationship.

So discuss without offending.

Respect other's opinions, even if you strongly disagree.

Reference:

Yaoi: Fantasy involving two males having some sort of romantic... or sexual relationship.

Asexual: When describing a person as asexual, they aren't interested in either sex.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asexual means that they reproduce by themself though...

Anyways, I believe he's bisexual, but prefers guys. He showed obvious interest in Lethe if you read their PoR A support. But he has RD endings with Soren and Ranulf. He also likes cat people.

Edit: You might wanna add bisexual into the poll...

I believe that in the A support with Lethe, he was more interested in training.

Like in RD how he trains with Mia, and dear god, if you aren't attracted to mia, theres no chance in hell you'd be attracted to lethe!

But your theory holds water...

i really think the ending they gave ike was the only one possible for his character....

could you imagine ike married to someone and raising many little kids playing in the backyard full of rosebushes and other plants?

no, please, thank you!!!!!!!!!!

and it also makes the game get a more "legendy" feeling to it, since the hero goes away and is lost for the rest of recorded history.

Like I said in all of these debate topics that I've been to:

You can't assume there are homosexual people in video games unless they actually express interest in the same sex (like Heather). Ike, on the other hand, has never directly expressed a liking towards men (i.e. he never said that some guy was hot). This is just basic video game logic.

Personally, I don't think he's gay. He and Ranulf have sort of a best friend relationship, as they've had a lot of experiences together, and have quite a bit in common.

On the other hand, Ike and Soren seem to have more of a brotherly relationship. Ike was the only person who's ever really cared for Soren. Because of that, Ike probably feels he should look out for Soren.

its just part of whole "hero" thing. He's very mysterious and all. I vote straight cuz he doesnt seem gay at all

haha. "i refuse to answer". that means they're answering. i guess thats the joke though

Personally, I don't think he's gay. He and Ranulf have sort of a best friend relationship, as they've had a lot of experiences together, and have quite a bit in common.

On the other hand, Ike and Soren seem to have more of a brotherly relationship. Ike was the only person who's ever really cared for Soren. Because of that, Ike probably feels he should look out for Soren.

I completly agree with these points.

Something else I might add, Heather is obviously homosexual, but some people believe Legault (FE7) is gay. Anyone seen his A support with Heath? (I haven't)

I completly agree with these points.

Something else I might add, Heather is obviously homosexual, but some people believe Legault (FE7) is gay. Anyone seen his A support with Heath? (I haven't)

No, but I've read fanfics based on a relationship between Heath and Legault.

Also, I think Ike is straight. He's just too good for any guy or girl to have. He doesn't even give Elincia a second glance, and Soren seems more his best friend than a lover.

Like I said in all of these debate topics that I've been to:

You can't assume there are homosexual people in video games unless they actually express interest in the same sex (like Heather). Ike, on the other hand, has never directly expressed a liking towards men (i.e. he never said that some guy was hot). This is just basic video game logic.

I must have missed this. Where does she do this?

Oh, and I think there isn't really any strong indication of Ike going either way. No real evidence of either possibility.

I must have missed this. Where does she do this?

Oh, and I think there isn't really any strong indication of Ike going either way. No real evidence of either possibility.

Heather "hits on" Nephenee when you talk to her with Heather, and in her base convo with Ilyana, she's excited to have found such a cute girl. And I think in the Japanese version she explains she joins the mercenaries for "all the cute girls"

this reeks of anime/manga idiocies

I think people look into things far too much :/

true. We aren't the ones who do that, though. I've seen the GFaqs FE10 board, and it's plagued every day with this kind of controversy.

I agree with Hanz and kaonohiokala. These days, it seems as though two guys can't have a very close realtionship without being judged as gay. Ike could be gay or he could not be. He hasn't directly expressed any attraction to any guy, so it's more of a matter of what the fans want to believe.

I think He's straight, but the Lony type.

I't cool to desapear from to no where.

i agree!!!!!!!!1 his "disappearing" into the pages of history is the only possible ending for him.

i just can't imagine him held back by anyone. that would be so unlike him, i think

i agree!!!!!!!!1 his "disappearing" into the pages of history is the only possible ending for him.

i just can't imagine him held back by anyone. that would be so unlike him, i think

Girls have boobs. They could convince him.

Girls have boobs. They could convince him.

If "training" every day with Mia wasn't convincing enough for him, then what chance does anyone else have?

If "training" every day with Mia wasn't convincing enough for him, then what chance does anyone else have?

Maybe Mist or Titania wronged him in the past? or during the 3 years between PoR and RD.