Voting Gauntlet: Battle of Brawn! (November 29th)

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet: Battle of Brawn!  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which army will you support?

• Barst: The Hatchet
    • Helbindi: Savage Scourge
    • Mordecai: Kindhearted Tiger
    • Ike: Vanguard Legend
    • Hawkeye: Desert Guardian
    • Duma: God of Strength
    • Dorcas: Serene Warrior
    • Effie: Army of One

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2019 at 02:59 AM

I'll start with Ike, just because he is one of my all time favorites. He's had a lot of gauntlets though, so if he does lose, it's not that big of a deal. I'll join Mordecai. He's no where close to my favorite Tellius character, but I don't dislike him. Plus, he's Tellius!

If they both lose... we'll see.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Effie, then Duma. The two of them have been good to me, so I'll be returning the favor with my support.

That said, I'm kind of disappointed at the localized name for this Voting Gauntlet. The Japanese name was 筋肉祭り (kinniku matsuri), "Muscle Festival".

Edited by Ice Dragon

really think Ike shouldn't be in this gauntlet. Excluding PoR Ike, who showed up in the first CYL one, this is what ... at least the third one for Vanguard Ike?

I'm actually not sure who I'm going to go for. I might've picked Helbindi but he decided not to show up when I tried to summon for him. So.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That said, I'm kind of disappointed at the localized name for this Voting Gauntlet. The Japanese name was 筋肉祭り (kinniku matsuri), "Muscle Festival".

I like the alliteration in the English title, but I have to admit that "Muscle Festival" is so funny that I have to agree that it's better really. lol

Edited by Anacybele

25 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

really think Ike shouldn't be in this gauntlet. Excluding PoR Ike, who showed up in the first CYL one, this is what ... at least the third one for Vanguard Ike?

Actually, this is his 4th Vanguard Ike VG!

Heroes & Legends
Fated Battles
Brave Rivalries
and now, Battle of Brawn

And this will be his 7th Voting Gauntlet (2 for OG Ike, 1 for Bike, and 4 for Vike)... Honestly... unnecessary...

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Actually, this is his 4th Vanguard Ike VG!

Heroes & Legends
Fated Battles
Brave Rivalries
and now, Battle of Brawn

And this will be his 7th Voting Gauntlet (2 for OG Ike, 1 for Bike, and 4 for Vike)... Honestly... unnecessary...

Wow, it's worse than I thought. Yeah, they need to retire Ike for a bit.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Wow, it's worse than I thought. Yeah, they need to retire Ike for a bit.

not to count that last year he was in 3 VGs in a row! And he lost all 3 times

There were others options as muscle guys... and also F2P like him! Legion, for example.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Yeah, Ike has been in a lot of voting gauntlets... I'd be fine if IS dropped him from gauntlets for a long, long time. Zelgius also has very impressive muscles, though you can't see them under the armor (though I think the same should be true of Effie?)... Anyway, I would happily support Mordecai if Ike had been dropped. However, as long as he's in the gauntlet, I'll support him.

53 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Yeah, Ike has been in a lot of voting gauntlets... I'd be fine if IS dropped him from gauntlets for a long, long time. Zelgius also has very impressive muscles, though you can't see them under the armor (though I think the same should be true of Effie?)... Anyway, I would happily support Mordecai if Ike had been dropped. However, as long as he's in the gauntlet, I'll support him.

Frederick is muscular and beefy too, if his summer alt is anything to go by, but as is the case with Zelgius, his armor and suit in his normal look cover it up. I still would really like to see Freddy in a gauntlet though. His summer alt got to be in one, but regular Freddy has never had a chance. Gotta give us a Jagen or cavalier knight or devoted retainer gauntlet or something, IS!

Edited by Anacybele

Ike AGAIN? There's so many other characters they could use. Caineghis, Frederick, Bartre, Hector, Tibarn, Zelgius...but nope. Ike. Again. I wouldn't care so much if he hadn't already won a gauntlet, but he has, AND they've put him in fifty million other ones already. Give someone else a chance, IS. Jeez.

I'm going to Mordecai's team here, no contest.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Team Effie all the way on this one. If someone has to stand for the muscle women out there, it has to be her. 
If she loses, then I’ll pick whoever and get the rewards. 

I kind of agree that Ike seems a bit odd for this gauntlet, even if he logically fits. I'd rather they put Kjelle or someone on here. (Thinking about it, Effie is basically Kjelle (muscle armor lady + never quit + training training)+Ilyana (always famished.)) Or, as said, Rinkah, but she's not in the game yet. Same with Flavia. (Come on, IS, give you muscle ladies some love!)

Mordecai! Now that turns this gauntlet into something I'm interested in, at least for the first round, rather than something off-putting. I don't expect him to make it past Ike, but I don't mind joining Ike after even though he doesn't get a free pass from the "muscles, ew" effect, so no big deal.

Some love for muscle ladies would indeed be nice... I wish they'd put Echidna in, though looking at her art I suppose they didn't really give her the arms I thought she would have, as an axe lady.

(Wasn't Effie supposed to be funny in part because she's so strong and yet short and not beefy, anyway?)

Team Barst woo

15 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wish Rinkah were in the game. She'd've fit in just fine here.

I also wish Caineghis were in this, if only to see him on a banner instead of Barst and Hawkeye sharing colors with the 5-star exclusives.

I feel like Tibarn would fit more if we had to have another beast 

Rinkah would've been so perfect. If we had more 3H characters, Raphael would fit right in the Muscle Festival, too. Also Muscle Festival is such a good name for it, shame it didn't carry over in English

I'll be on team Ike at the start, I think I'll field my Yune to help out against blues. If Ike loses I might go to Duma if he's still around, I never really use him for anything so it would be nice for him to do something.

1 hour ago, Kori said:

Some love for muscle ladies would indeed be nice... I wish they'd put Echidna in, though looking at her art I suppose they didn't really give her the arms I thought she would have, as an axe lady.

Her arms aren't that muscular in FE6:

ekhidna.png

But looking at both Elibe games because they share an artist(?), Echidna, while not muscular compared to any Fighter/Dieck man with arms exposed, is nonetheless the most muscular woman in either game. Even Vaida is less muscled, albeit her artwork pose makes it a little difficult to say that with absolute certainty.

Heck, the next woman, maybe, with visible muscular bulk on display, would be Nailah, four games later. That's just a normative gendered beauty bias at work, preventing women from showing bulk.