The Mystery of Patricia (Spoilers!)

Patricia is likely the biggest mystery left to uncover in the story of Three Houses. Does anyone have a clear idea what her goals was?

Throughout the different route we learn a couple of things about her. 

-We know she's likely the chief architect of the Duscur incident. She was either outright plotting a regicide and genocide or at least didn't care if that was needed in order to get what she wanted. 

-She had some connection to those that Slither in the Dark. Cornelia was her co conspirator and she's a Slitherer. Her brother Arundel is also the leader of those that Slither in the Dark. Whether Patricia knows this isn't known. 

-Patricia apparently loved Edelgard far more than Dimitri and was willing to sacrifice him to reunite with her daughter. The same might also be true for her view Ionius and Lambert as husbands. 

- By all accounts she never actually did return to Edelgard and Ionius. 

So what was her deal? Was Patricia just some poor woman who didn't know her brother was bodyswapped by the crazy mole people and who was very easily manipulated by Thales? That would make Patricia somewhat of a victim too despite what she did. It would also make it extremely likely that Thales just murdered her off screen the moment she was no longer useful. 

Or was Patricia actually one of the Slitherers too? Did she kill and betray the real Patricia and use her form to seduce two kings and steer two whole kingdoms the way the Slitherers wanted. She's said to dearly care about Edelgard but she could just have easily cared about her precious crest experiment instead of her daughter. And since she managed to convince Dimitri she loved him like her own child despite setting him up for slaughter she must have been a manipulative sociopath like the Slitherers always are. In that scenario she's likely chilling in Agarta the entire time, laughing about how she duped everyone. She might even make her grand return one day as the true villain of Three Houses. Of course such a scenario would lead to the question why Cornelia didn't  know or reveal Patricia was one of them but that's hardly an impossible hurdle. 

I'd probably prefer the scenario that she's actually an undercover Agartan as it means Those that Slither in the Dark aren't completely hopeless and pathetic. Patricia could be the interesting villain Three Houses never bothered to have. She could have a very intimate connection to two main characters and keep the rare interesting traits of the Slitherers while not being as dreadfully boring as the rest. Her absence from the main story could be put to use in order to give her an extremely decedent personalty where she's extremely competent but also extremely lazy and just spends her day feasting while letting little bro Thales do all the hard work. The way she'd send little Dimitri to his death while only caring for Edelgard as a research project, or how she drove one husband to his death and turned the other into a deathly ill puppet Emperor could be used to make her a very vile new addition of the Hilda archetype. 

I remember Arundel mentions something about how Edel and Dimitri were supposed to kill each other off (somewhere on the stage that you fight him, don't remember if it's a convo with Dimitri or his death quote).

How about something else unlikely?  Patricia loves kids.  Their parents, not so much.  Thus, she does whatever it takes to protect them, never mind if it ultimately makes things worse (the Duscur tragedy).  The Slithers are happy with this, since it also works towards the chaos in the region.  Once her usefulness is through, she's disposed of - probably by her brother.

It would make an interesting contrast to Ionius, who knew bad things were happening to his kids, and didn't do a thing about it.

First off, I think it is very unlike that Patricia even had a real connection with the slithers themselves, but through circumstance. 

Case in point, Arundel was replaced in Year 1174, and it happened all of a sudden. I had analyzed the real Arundel's actions with a friend and came with the conclusion that Arundel had to have gone to Faerghus to protect Edelgard when the Insurrection of the Seven started to occur. 

Edelgard and Dimitri meeting also meant that Arundel and Lambert had to be planning something for Edelgard, some theories about Edelgard being adopted into Faerghus royal family, or marrying Dimitri. One or the other. 

Also, we have to remember something else.

Patricia... was basically a queen that was imprisoned in her palace. 

Only a select few actually knew about Patricia. She was literally kept a secret from the public and even the family of friends didn't know about it. It was all to keep a scandal from getting out. So Patricia was basically confined there, and lonely as a result. Dimitri mentions how Patricia was distant at times. 

I think it is possible that Patricia might have grown to hate Lambert. If Arundel was suddenly replaced by Thales, and all plans of Patricia reuniting with Edelgard fell apart, would Patricia really believe that Arundel would actually do that? In her mind, her brother would never do such a thing, since no one knew about the slithers replacing people. So it may very well be possible that Patricia would be compliant with planning out Lambert's death to escape from Faerghus to be with Edelgard. 

Would she have wanted Dimitri to die? Not sure. That one is a mystery.

One thing is definitely for sure. Any anger Dimitri seemed to have held over the Tragedy definitely seems to have faded much more upon learning that it was Patricia that was behind it. This gives the idea that Patricia was the one and only person that could have actually stopped Dimitri's madness and actually heal him perfectly. But the slithers took her away, making it so that we never see her again.

Is she alive? Is she dead? We won't know now. 

31 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Patricia apparently loved Edelgard far more than Dimitri and was willing to sacrifice him to reunite with her daughter. The same might also be true for her view Ionius and Lambert as husbands.

Ooooof, as a step-child myself, that hurts to read. You're right though.
I mean Azure Moon left it kind of up in the air as to Patricia's exact involvement but I find it hard to believe that she knew nothing about it since she's the only one besides Dimitri to live (or at least her body was never found). Still it's awful if someone would be willing to do that to people who loved her so much...

10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Case in point, Arundel was replaced in Year 1174, and it happened all of a sudden. I had analyzed the real Arundel's actions with a friend and came with the conclusion that Arundel had to have gone to Faerghus to protect Edelgard when the Insurrection of the Seven started to occur. 

According to the lore book the real Arundel was one of the main orchestrators, if not the main one of the rebellion of the 7. If so then if he cared for Edelgard his word alone would be enough to keep her safe. Despite probably having delusions of grandeur the prime minister strikes me as a good boy who does what Arundel tells him to do. It would also seem a bit strange for Arundel to be protective of Edelgard while not having any problems with the rest of his family getting tortured to death. If the real Arundel had any reasons to get Edelgard away it would probably have to be for political ploys like the arranged marriage instead of genuine concern for Edelgard. 

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

According to the lore book the real Arundel was one of the main orchestrators, if not the main one of the rebellion of the 7. If so then if he cared for Edelgard his word alone would be enough to keep her safe. Despite probably having delusions of grandeur the prime minister strikes me as a good boy who does what Arundel tells him to do. It would also seem a bit strange for Arundel to be protective of Edelgard while not having any problems with the rest of his family getting tortured to death. If the real Arundel had any reasons to get Edelgard away it would probably have to be for political ploys like the arranged marriage instead of genuine concern for Edelgard. 

I looked over this, and Hubert's B support with Byleth reveals that Arundel only teamed up after he returned from Faerghus.

Hubert: I suppose that question does warrant a response, considering it may mean your life. The answer requires me to explain some of the complex internal politics of the Empire. Are you familiar with Volkhard von Arundel? He is Lady Edelgard's uncle. You may also know him as Lord Arundel, the Empire's Regent. Many years ago, he took Her Majesty and fled to the Kingdom of Fareghus. Then, after a time, he returned to seize power. Joining forces with Prime Minister Aegir and my father, Lord Arundel rendered Emperor Ionius IX...politically impotent. Lady Edelgard is Ionius IX's daughter. I cannot begin to fathom the depth of her sadness at his betrayal. I see something of Lord Arundel in you... When I look at you, I feel I can almost see a second self lurking beneath the surface. It is as if you are in constant dialogue with something inside your heart--something with desires very different from your own. Does that description feel familiar to you at all?

The real Arundel went to Faerghus during Year 1171, the same year the Insurrection started. He then was replaced by Thales in the Year 1174 and suddenly took Edelgard back to Faerghus. That's when Thales, posing as Arundel, helped Aegir to seize power. 

10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The real Arundel went to Faerghus during Year 1171, the same year the Insurrection started. He then was replaced by Thales in the Year 1174 and suddenly took Edelgard back to Faerghus. That's when Thales, posing as Arundel, helped Aegir to seize power. 

Interesting. The way Hubert phrases it implies the coup was not completed or successful until Arundel returned. That could suggest old Ionius put up a lot harder fight than we thought until Arundel and Vestra betrayed him. Given how the prime minister comes off him blundering around for some time until Arundel and Vestra come to rescue him doesn't come off as very surprising. However the book in the library does use the word ''instigator'' which doesn't entirely fit with a latecomer to a rebellion. 

34 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

I mean Azure Moon left it kind of up in the air as to Patricia's exact involvement but I find it hard to believe that she knew nothing about it since she's the only one besides Dimitri to live (or at least her body was never found). Still it's awful if someone would be willing to do that to people who loved her so much...

That's probably why I lean on considering her a Slitherer. What she did to Dimitri is a very special kind of evil more in line with the behavior of Sonia and Hilda than with a mere victim. 

I believe Dimitri mentioned that she was very kind to him, so I don't think she hated him. But maybe she didn't love him enough to just forget about her daughter Edelgard. 

I don't think she was one of the Slitherers. If she was, we would have ran into her at some point in the game, right? I feel like the fact we didn't proves she wasn't one of them. 

Edit: I just thought of something, I'm not sure if this was ever mentioned in Dimitri's route or not, but could Patricia be the reason why he survived the tragedy of Duscur? Maybe she asked them to spare Dimitri?  

Edited by Rose482

I don't think she's a slitherer. I think she's a woman who loved Dimitri but simply loved Edelgard more wanted to be with her daughter. Sadly the game doesn't tell us what happened to her which is quite annoying but my first guess was that she outlived her usefulness and she got killed by TWSITD.

37 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That's probably why I lean on considering her a Slitherer. What she did to Dimitri is a very special kind of evil more in line with the behavior of Sonia and Hilda than with a mere victim. 

Honestly, I don't truly think that this was necessarily true. We aren't sure about the true circumstances. Given how Cornelia is like, she may have just made the words to spite him and make him consider it.

This is also kind of why it sometimes feels like Dimitri deciding to drop the investigation on Faerghus is less character growth and more Dimitri not wanting to possibly face the possible truth that Patricia might not really have loved him. 

Plus, there's also the possibility that Patricia didn't know that there was an assassination plot, and that she was just asked to do something for Cornelia, and was ultimately used that got the regicide going. Based on how Dimitri describes Patricia, I cannot say that she hated him or did want him dead. Even Cornelia's words were specific that it was Lambert's death, not Dimitri's. 

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Interesting. The way Hubert phrases it implies the coup was not completed or successful until Arundel returned. That could suggest old Ionius put up a lot harder fight than we thought until Arundel and Vestra betrayed him. Given how the prime minister comes off him blundering around for some time until Arundel and Vestra come to rescue him doesn't come off as very surprising. However the book in the library does use the word ''instigator'' which doesn't entirely fit with a latecomer to a rebellion. 

Yup. There was a major power struggle going, but they never specifically stated when it ended and Ionius was stripped of his power, but seems clear that it was 1174 when it ended. But given Hubert's dialogue, and about Hanneman explaining about Marquess Vestra being a good man and likely wanted to protect someone, Thales might have been the one to force Vestra to betray Ionius and therefore secure the corrupt noble's victory.

The library record says this:

(3) House Arundel
Formerly a minor noble house of the Empire. As head of the house, when Volkhard's younger sister became betrothed to Emperor Ionius IX, Volkhard was granted the title of Lord Arundel. Having worked closely with House Aegir, House Arundel is seen as one of the chief instigators of the Insurrection of the Seven

Note that it says that he is "seen" as one of the chief instigators. The Church knows the event, but likely are not aware of all the details. No record on the Church even mentions how Arundel actually defected to the Kingdom with Edelgard. It seems like the Chruch isn't aware that Edelgard was once a fugitive. When Arundel came back and helped, gaining most power alongside Duke Aegir and being the Regent now, it's just how the Church likely perceives things.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Note that it says that he is "seen" as one of the chief instigators. The Church knows the event, but likely are not aware of all the details. No record on the Church even mentions how Arundel actually defected to the Kingdom with Edelgard. It seems like the Chruch isn't aware that Edelgard was once a fugitive. When Arundel came back and helped, gaining most power alongside Duke Aegir and being the Regent now, it's just how the Church likely perceives things.

That's stranger though considering the Church has more connection with the Kingdom than with the Empire, so they should've known about Edelgard on the downlow unless they were deliberately kept secret by Lambert.

I suspect she was a woman whose growing loneliness had driven her to consider the worst plots to get back to her daughter, who she may have known was suffering or in immediate danger. Lambert may have become an obstacle.

I think it's clear Dimitri may have put her on a pedestal and he seemed to be reconsidering his assessment of her after Cornelia's revelation, but she may genuinely have had no reason to treat him poorly.

39 minutes ago, Fateborn said:

That's stranger though considering the Church has more connection with the Kingdom than with the Empire, so they should've known about Edelgard on the downlow unless they were deliberately kept secret by Lambert.

Not really. Lambert wanted to avoid a political scandal, and Patricia was a secret, and Arundel defected with Edelgard, so best to keep that a secret too. So it was likely all meant to be done in secret. The Church can know certain things, but they are not always aware of every little detail.

Hey, can we take a moment to actually consider something? 

How exactly does Edelgard feel about her mother?

In the Goddess Tower, she says that she wants to believe that her parents did love each other, despite how she knows that her father had many lovers because of the Crest System needing him to have an heir with a Crest.

But Edelgard knows for a fact that her mother married Lambert and Dimitri is her step brother. 

Edelgard wants to believe that her mother loved her and her father, but does this not imply that she might also hold the fear that her mother never really loved her and her father and instead loved Dimitri more?

On 11/30/2019 at 11:02 PM, omegaxis1 said:

Hey, can we take a moment to actually consider something? 

How exactly does Edelgard feel about her mother?

In the Goddess Tower, she says that she wants to believe that her parents did love each other, despite how she knows that her father had many lovers because of the Crest System needing him to have an heir with a Crest.

But Edelgard knows for a fact that her mother married Lambert and Dimitri is her step brother. 

Edelgard wants to believe that her mother loved her and her father, but does this not imply that she might also hold the fear that her mother never really loved her and her father and instead loved Dimitri more?

Don't forget that the rumour of the Goddess tower blessing lovers was born from Ionus & his true love meeting there. So Edelgard does have reasons to believe her mother cared more about her father than Lambert.

Anyway, what if she was still alive, but through unfortunate circumstances became an Abyssian?

I have no basis to support my theory, but it does bother me how there is not a single clue that could remotely suggest that she is either alive or dead.

I've been thinking about Patricia a lot. My conclusion is that she's a victim of circumstance, and may not be an evil figure at all. Let's review her background:

• Was born into House Arundel and is the little sister of Volkhard. At the time, Arundel was a relatively minor noble house with no history of a crest (citation needed).
  • We know she was once a student at Garreg Mach and she met her lover at the Goddess Tower
  • I believe this lover to be Lambert, because they're of the same generation and we know Lambert was also a student at Garreg Mach.
  • However, the two weren't able to marry because Patricia was in an arranged marriage with Emperor Ionius IX.
  • Patricia gives birth to Edelgard. Edelgard is her only child.
  • Volkhard calls for the Insurrection of the 7, which gets his sister exiled from the capital. Patricia flees to the Kingdom with her brother and her child. 
  • While there, she marries Lambert. Now tell me this, for what reason would Lambert want to marry an exiled noblewoman other than the fact that he had romance with her before. I get the strong feeling they fell in love at Garreg Mach, which is why Patricia took Dimitri in with open arms.
  • Of course, she doesn't have direct custody of Edel at this time (since she's with Lord Arundel)
  • Now this is where things get hazy, so I'll list some possibilities of what could have happened.
  1. She missed Edelgard so much that she helped coordinate the Tragedy of Duscur in order to see Edelgard. Ironically, she goes missing after the event so she ended up not accomplishing what she set out to do.
  2. Patricia didn't coordinate the Tragedy and protected Dimitri during the event, which cost her her life.
  3. Patricia was killed prior to the event and a slither was put in her place. When she was killed? We can't say for sure.
  4. Patricia was tricked/manipulated into participating in the event somehow. She may not have realized the outcome until it was too late though.

Idk, all I'm saying is that Patricia killing Lambert and trying to kill Dimitri doesn't sound too in character from what little we know.

To be honest, if Three Houses gets a prequel game, a story revolving around Lambert would be the most interesting story imo. Although plenty of 3H characters would have a good story (Holst, Jeralt, Judith, the Dagda War), this one would be a love story. We'll get to explore his friendship with Rodrigue, his partnership with Gilbert, his relationship with his family, more info on Duscur, his relationship with Christophe, and his love with Patricia.

On 11/25/2019 at 2:46 PM, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Consider the angle that Patricia was forced into marrying Lambert. 

12 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I've been thinking about Patricia a lot. My conclusion is that she's a victim of circumstance, and may not be an evil figure at all. Let's review her background:

• Was born into House Arundel and is the little sister of Volkhard. At the time, Arundel was a relatively minor noble house with no history of a crest (citation needed).
  • We know she was once a student at Garreg Mach and she met her lover at the Goddess Tower
  • I believe this lover to be Lambert, because they're of the same generation and we know Lambert was also a student at Garreg Mach.

What basis do you have for this claim? The story about Patricia's academy student life lover is told by Edelgard, and the man in question is quite explicitly Ionius. Coupled with the fact that, after learning of her culpability in the Tragedy, Dimitri remarks that his memories of his mother were not as warm as he had deluded himself into believing, the most likely explanation is that she loved Ionius and Edelgard and resented Lambert for keeping her away from them.

1 minute ago, Arachnofiend said:

Consider the angle that Patricia was forced into marrying Lambert. 

What basis do you have for this claim? The story about Patricia's academy student life lover is told by Edelgard, and the man in question is quite explicitly Ionius. Coupled with the fact that, after learning of her culpability in the Tragedy, Dimitri remarks that his memories of his mother were not as warm as he had deluded himself into believing, the most likely explanation is that she loved Ionius and Edelgard and resented Lambert for keeping her away from them.

• I do agree that Edelgard may not have been telling the truth.
  • Is it explicitly Ionius? I will have to rewatch the scene. I just remember it stating she met a lover there, not Ionius. All info I have found about Ionius never mentions him going to Garreg Mach for whatever reason.
  • We learn the "fact" that she had culpability in the Tragedy from Cornelia. Cornelia is not a trust worthy person and that may not have been the truth. Dimitri saying he deluded himself could be cognitive dissonance trying to fix his image of Patricia with the newfound info from Cornelia that he just believes for some reason?
  • Patricia conspiring against them to see Ionius and Edelgard again doesn't explain why she would follow through with a plan that would cost her life? She doesn't see either of them after the event from what we know, so why would she agree to it? If she was really conspiring against them, wouldn't it be more convenient for her to stay home and feign illness while this was happening? There is a motive, but the fact that her plan still didn't work out in her favor makes me believe she was manipulated into doing this at the very least.

So your rebuttal is that none of the things we learn in game can be ascertained as true. Considering the fact that that apparently includes Patricia's culpability for the tragedy, a testimony that was corroborated by another character confessing his own culpability, that immediately makes it clear you are not to be taken seriously

18 hours ago, Arachnofiend said:

So your rebuttal is that none of the things we learn in game can be ascertained as true. Considering the fact that that apparently includes Patricia's culpability for the tragedy, a testimony that was corroborated by another character confessing his own culpability, that immediately makes it clear you are not to be taken seriously

1. My rebuttal isn't the things we learn in game can be ascertained as true. My argument was that certain characters who have a history of lying and using disguises to further their own means may not be the most reliable sources of information. There's truths in the game, but there's lies hiding beside them. Don't twist my words please.

2. I forgot about the Kleiman soldier testifying that his orders were to avoid Patricia's carriage. That's strong evidence that she did participate in the event knowingly. Thanks for bringing that up.

I think it's entirely possible that Patricia was a victim of circumstance instead of an active participant. After all, Cornelia isn't exactly trustworthy in what she says. She seems the type to sprinkle bits of the truth in with lies in order to hurt people the worst. Rodrigue and Gilbert theorize that she was part of the Slitherers because she just disappeared without her carriage being attacked but Cornelia asserts that she wanted to get back to Edelgard badly enough to participate. If Cornelia was telling the whole truth, then why didn't she ever return to Adrestia, even after Edelgard was made emperor? As such I feel we're left with a few choices, none of which are more than guesses based on the limited information we have.

She was a willing participant in order to get back to Edelgard but something happened to her after the attack that kept her from doing so (likely death).

She was at some point killed and replaced by an Agarthan (like Arundel and Cornelia) and after her job was done she retreated back to base.

Cornelia was lying and she actually had nothing to do with it and was murdered after the fact by the Agarthans to hide this fact while being able to sow doubt in the future.

She was tricked into participating by people she was supposed to be able to trust - Arundel and Cornelia - who used her to their goals and then later disposed of her.

I'm sure I'm missing some scenarios but I'm on mobile and a bit busy lol. I just find it hard to believe that someone described as kind and caring (though distant at times) would be callous enough to allow a child she helped raise to be brutally murdered no matter the feelings she may or may not have had for his father. Besides, Edelgard never describes her a being a cruel woman either and I'm far more inclined to believe her over Cornelia. As such I personally lean toward "she was tricked", "she knew nothing about it and was killed after she was no longer useful", and "she was actually/replaced by an Agarthan who disappeared after the fact".

On 12/8/2019 at 9:40 AM, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

I think it's entirely possible that Patricia was a victim of circumstance instead of an active participant. After all, Cornelia isn't exactly trustworthy in what she says. She seems the type to sprinkle bits of the truth in with lies in order to hurt people the worst. Rodrigue and Gilbert theorize that she was part of the Slitherers because she just disappeared without her carriage being attacked but Cornelia asserts that she wanted to get back to Edelgard badly enough to participate. If Cornelia was telling the whole truth, then why didn't she ever return to Adrestia, even after Edelgard was made emperor? As such I feel we're left with a few choices, none of which are more than guesses based on the limited information we have.

She was a willing participant in order to get back to Edelgard but something happened to her after the attack that kept her from doing so (likely death).

She was at some point killed and replaced by an Agarthan (like Arundel and Cornelia) and after her job was done she retreated back to base.

Cornelia was lying and she actually had nothing to do with it and was murdered after the fact by the Agarthans to hide this fact while being able to sow doubt in the future.

She was tricked into participating by people she was supposed to be able to trust - Arundel and Cornelia - who used her to their goals and then later disposed of her.

I'm sure I'm missing some scenarios but I'm on mobile and a bit busy lol. I just find it hard to believe that someone described as kind and caring (though distant at times) would be callous enough to allow a child she helped raise to be brutally murdered no matter the feelings she may or may not have had for his father. Besides, Edelgard never describes her a being a cruel woman either and I'm far more inclined to believe her over Cornelia. As such I personally lean toward "she was tricked", "she knew nothing about it and was killed after she was no longer useful", and "she was actually/replaced by an Agarthan who disappeared after the fact".

That's if she's even dead or even was replaced by an Agarthan. If anything, the game seems to present it that Patricia is still alive, or at least, Dimitri has to consider the possibility that she's alive, since she never died in the Tragedy of Duscur. 

One thing I never liked it how Dimitri never bothers to bring this up with Edelgard. Like, she had to stand there in both CF and AM hearing Dimitri shout accusations of her killing her own mother, but when he learns this was not the case and she might even be alive, he never brings it up with the woman he accused of matricide. 

19 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

One thing I never liked it how Dimitri never bothers to bring this up with Edelgard. Like, she had to stand there in both CF and AM hearing Dimitri shout accusations of her killing her own mother, but when he learns this was not the case and she might even be alive, he never brings it up with the woman he accused of matricide. 

The entire pre-timeskip accusation was foolish, narrow-minded and irrational. Both of them are aware of that, so they didn't feel the need to bring that up afterward.

10 hours ago, Modirufa6317 said:

The entire pre-timeskip accusation was foolish, narrow-minded and irrational. Both of them are aware of that, so they didn't feel the need to bring that up afterward.

Narratively, I think that would have been an ideal time to let the past go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 8:21 AM, Rose482 said:

Edit: I just thought of something, I'm not sure if this was ever mentioned in Dimitri's route or not, but could Patricia be the reason why he survived the tragedy of Duscur? Maybe she asked them to spare Dimitri?  

It's explicitly stated that the reason why Dimitri survived the Tragedy of Duscur was because before he was killed Gilbert showed up and protected him.

Gilbert: It was my duty to protect His Majesty. Your father. Naturally, that included yourself as well.

Dimitri: My father and mother are gone. No amount of regret will bring them back. No amount of regret can bring the dead back to us.
Gilbert: My dreams are haunted by the thought that, had I arrived at Duscur more swiftly...
Dimitri: You saved my life at Duscur. I have only gratitude for you, no blame to speak of.

From C support.

Dimitri: You want to hear my true feelings, Gustave? Then let me ask you this. Why did you save my life that day? Why did you not allow me to die along with the others? If you truly wish to atone for your sins... Then take my life, here and now.

From B support.

Anyway Patricia seems to be one of the weak links in Three Houses story that keeps it from being as good as Path or Radiance or Genealogy's plots. She's rather unexplained and we really need more info about her in order to gather a concrete conclusion to her character.

As it stands she's either an Agarthan like her Brother, She's dead, or She's alive but imprisoned somewhere, but there is no way to tell which one.