How badly did Dexit affect you?

Fabulously Olivier

How many of your favorite Pokemon were Thanos snapped?

Some of my favorite Pokemon are:

10. Electabuzz (unfortunately hate his evolution) - Snapped

9. Sandslash - Snapped

8. Lugia - Snapped

7. Decidueye - Snapped

6. Sneasel (unfortunately less love for his evolution, Weaville) - Survived

5. Empoleon - Snapped

4. Mewtwo - Snapped

3. Kabutops - Snapped

2. Scizor - Snapped

1. Absol - Snapped

The trend more or less continues even if I greatly extend the list. Frequent staples of my team like Pidgeot, Skarmory, Crobat, Alakazam, and Poliwrath are just gone. I feel like almost every Pokemon I like has been sent home while a ton of awful trash like Garbador (pun intended), Clink, and Drifblim made the cut.

I guess Pokemon really isn't for me anymore.

I was expecting the only old starters present to be the Kanto ones. I was not expecting Charizard to get YET ANOTHER FUCKING FORM while Squirtle and Bulbasaur got the axe.

Blastoise, Nidoking, Primeape, Poliwrath, Alakazam, Seadra, Starmie, Scyther, Electabuzz, Articuno, Feraligatr, Mareep, Marill, Murkrow, Heracross, Houndoom, Skarmory, Suicune, Lugia, Aggron, Zangoose, Infernape, Luxray, Garchomp, Samurott, Zebstrika, Lilligant, Tirtouga, Archeops, Zoroark, Thundurus-T, Zekrom, Chesnaught, Greninja, Talonflame, Tyrantrum, Yveltal. All gone. And what was the fucking point of introducing Meltan and Melmetal in Let's Go just to IMMEDIATELY cut them?

There's not enough SMH in the world for this.

Edited by Sid Starkiller

Galarian Ponyta and Rapidash are my new favorite Pokemon, but I can list the rest of whom I like besides them.

1. Keldeo - Was found in the code, so he seems to have survived. Probably will be distributed.
2. Regular Rapidash - Was also found in the code, but I'm not sure whether I can just transfer one over or get one as a gift or what.
3. Zebstrika - Got axed, sadly.
4. Mudsdale - Got in!
5. Primarina - Was found in the code! Obtainable in some way, it looks like.
5. Lopunny - Got axed.
6. Infernape - Got axed.
7. Bellossom - Got in!
8. Aggron - Got axed.
9. Luxray - Got axed.
10. Sawsbuck - Got axed.

And that's all I would list here, personally. So yeah, a lot of my favs got cut too. I'm enjoying a bunch of the new Pokemon though!

11 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Squirtle and Bulbasaur got the axe.

These two were found in the code, actually. So they're obtainable in some way. Them and all the Alola starters were found.

11 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Meltan and Melmetal

These two were as well. Otherwise, yeah, I would question why they got cut.

Edited by Anacybele

26 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

I was expecting the only old starters present to be the Kanto ones. I was not expecting Charizard to get YET ANOTHER FUCKING FORM while Squirtle and Bulbasaur got the axe.

Blastoise, Nidoking, Primeape, Poliwrath, Alakazam, Seadra, Starmie, Scyther, Electabuzz, Articuno, Feraligatr, Mareep, Marill, Murkrow, Heracross, Houndoom, Skarmory, Suicune, Lugia, Aggron, Zangoose, Infernape, Luxray, Garchomp, Samurott, Zebstrika, Lilligant, Tirtouga, Archeops, Zoroark, Thundurus-T, Zekrom, Chesnaught, Greninja, Talonflame, Tyrantrum, Yveltal. All gone. And what was the fucking point of introducing Meltan and Melmetal in Let's Go just to IMMEDIATELY cut them?

There's not enough SMH in the world for this.

That's a long list that basically reads as "ouch."

It's kind of sad that all of Nintendo's other franchises are giving us bold, experimental, and high quality releases while their biggest and most profitable franchise actually took a huge step down.

It affected me in the sense that I was planning on playing Pokemon right about now but I'm not and don't plan to. Maybe one of my friends who did get the game will loan me their physical copy but I'm not chomping at the bit, reviews told me all I need to know.

As for rounding off favorite pokemon, it's bad but it could be worse. And yes I'm aware some pokemon exist in code, but if I can't catch or port them to the game, they're functionally gone at this moment and for the predictable future since I'm not a hacker. 

• Bulbasaur
  • Umbreon
  • Decidueye
  • Corpfish
  • Hitmonchan
  • Furret
  • Lilligant
  • Dedenne
  • Snubbull
Edited by Glennstavos

Yeah, there were a handful of mons that exist in the data but aren't obtainable in the dex. Once Home is a thing, or if they get event distributions, the following mons are all in the game on top of the galar dex:

Bulbasaur line

Squirtle line

Mewtwo

Mew

Celebi

Jirachi

Musketeer trio + Keldeo

Zekrom/Reshiram/Kyurem

Rowlet line

Litten line

Popplio line

Cosmog line

Necrozma

Marshadow

Zeraora

Meltan line

As for how dexit affected me personally... I lost a good chunk of favourites, but honestly I still love more than enough of the mons remaining in the dex for multiple playthroughs, so I'm not really affected that much. As much as I love Nidoking, if I want to use him I can do so in a different game, but I don't tend to trade in mons outside of the dex in other games anyway, so not being able to transfer in doesn't really change anything for me personally.

Slowbro: thanosed

Cubone:Thanosed

Espurr: still alive

Mimikyu: alive and still better than pikachu

Slaking: thanossed and can't be used with Sir Weezing.

Serperior: thanossed

Volcarona: thanossed and cheated of a gigantimax.

Smeargle: Thanossed

Lord Helix: Thanossed

Not thatbi looks at it, most of my favourites are gimmick or memes.

At least, i got Falinks.

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

It affected me in the sense that I was planning on playing Pokemon right about now but I'm not and don't plan to. Maybe one of my friends who did get the game will loan me their physical copy but I'm not chomping at the bit, reviews told me all I need to know.

As for rounding off favorite pokemon, it's bad but it could be worse. And yes I'm aware some pokemon exist in code, but if I can't catch or port them to the game, they're functionally gone at this moment and for the predictable future since I'm not a hacker. 

• Bulbasaur
  • Umbreon
  • Decidueye
  • Corpfish
  • Hitmonchan
  • Furret
  • Lilligant
  • Dedenne

That's where I stand too. I couldn't bring myself to support this game even if I was still the biggest fan of the franchise. It comes across as a huge middle finger to a loyal and overly forgiving fanbase.

For my monster catching needs, I believe that my switch to Persona may be fully solidified. 

Edited by Etheus

Starmie is gone.
Jolteon is still around and so are Butterfree and Quagsire.

But honestly, for all practically purposes you only see the tiniest fraction of Pokemon in each game anyway. Like, I was really surprised how I kept seeing the same Pokemon in Ultra Sun & Moon when there were supposedly 800 or so of them. The fact that the game supported them all means very little when they are not actually available. So for me, not a whole lot has really changed.

Edited by BrightBow

49 minutes ago, Etheus said:

It's kind of sad that all of Nintendo's other franchises are giving us bold, experimental, and high quality releases while their biggest and most profitable franchise actually took a huge step down.

Which is why I'm letting Nintendo off the hook and pinning the blame 100% on Game Freak. Zelda, Mario, and of course FE all got wonderful new games on the Switch, but this is the best Pokemon can muster?

Edited by Sid Starkiller

Half of my favourite 6 got snapped (Feraligatr, Sceptile, Pidgeot) and many others I like quite a bit are also banned, but what it did to me was make me aware of how Gamefreak have handled things for years, the issues with the series I've had building since and the decisions made with this game all added up. It didn't matter that I always make new teams each playthrough. It just made me assess what my last series from my childhood is like now and realise I don't want to support its current actions.

That is why I am boycotting.

5 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Which is why I'm letting Nintendo off the hook and pinning the blame 100% on Game Freak. Zelda, Mario, and of course FE all got wonderful new games on the Switch, but this is the best Pokemon can muster?

Oh, I agree. It's entirely on Gamefreak. The difference is that Nintendo's % ownership of Pokemon is comparatively small. That gives the Pokemon company a level of autonomy that most other Nintendo franchises could only dream of, and they utterly squander it.

I had every pre-USUM Legendary and every Starter. That alone should tell you how much Dexit affected me. It didn't stop there. About like 80% of my favorites are gone. Even before the leaks, Dexit was genuianly a dealbreaker for me. Doesn't help that SwSh is the third time in a row where i choose to skip a mainline Pokemon game, the other two being USUM and Let's GO.

I still haven't played Pokemon Sword and Shield, not because I personally have issues with the game mind you, but more so cuz I'm kind of burned out on Pokemon tbh. I'll probably play the game eventually with a Used copy, but right now it's not a huge priority for me. As for Dexit, while I'm not super butthurt about it like most people, I definitely understand the pain of seeing some of your favorite Pokemon getting axed. As for some of my personal favorites:

• Lucario (survived)
  • Infernape (axed)
  • Jolteon (survived)
  • Crobat (axed)
  • Heracross (axed)
  • Haxorus (survived)
  • Breloom (axed)
  • Blastoise (axed)
  • Nidoking (axed)
  • Aegislash (survived)
  • Bewear (survived)
  • Staraptor (axed)
  • Chandelure (survived)

So yeah, that's a lot of favorites of mine that both survived and got axed. It sucks that not all of my favorites are back for sure, but I'm not angry about it to the point where I would literally send death threats to the developers about it.

14 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I still haven't played Pokemon Sword and Shield, not because I personally have issues with the game mind you, but more so cuz I'm kind of burned out on Pokemon tbh. I'll probably play the game eventually with a Used copy, but right now it's not a huge priority for me. As for Dexit, while I'm not super butthurt about it like most people, I definitely understand the pain of seeing some of your favorite Pokemon getting axed. As for some of my personal favorites:

• Lucario (survived)
  • Infernape (axed)
  • Jolteon (survived)
  • Crobat (axed)
  • Heracross (axed)
  • Haxorus (survived)
  • Breloom (axed)
  • Blastoise (axed)
  • Nidoking (axed)
  • Aegislash (survived)
  • Bewear (survived)
  • Staraptor (axed)
  • Chandelure (survived)

So yeah, that's a lot of favorites of mine that both survived and got axed. It sucks that not all of my favorites are back for sure, but I'm not angry about it to the point where I would literally send death threats to the developers about it.

Nothing ever warrants death threats, and those who send them only hurt the cause and make everyone with legitimate grievances easier to ignore.

Pokemon Sword and Shield is trash!!! Thanks, GameFreak. 

Starter? Nah. MORE CHARIZARD??? YEAH!!! 

smh 

Also, can we talk about just how horrible the Battle Tower is? 

smh 

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Half of my favourite 6 got snapped (Feraligatr, Sceptile, Pidgeot) and many others I like quite a bit are also banned, but what it did to me was make me aware of how Gamefreak have handled things for years, the issues with the series I've had building since and the decisions made with this game all added up. It didn't matter that I always make new teams each playthrough. It just made me assess what my last series from my childhood is like now and realise I don't want to support its current actions.

100%. Count me in the same boat as you. 

2 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

The reason for Pokemon's sliding downhill rests entirely on GameFreak's shoulders. Pokemon was great up until X and Y (actually, X and Y was great. It had some problems not present in the older Pokemon games, but that was acceptable). Then S/M went downhill quitet a bit, but still was decent. Then Sword and Shield came, and they really did hit the rock bottom with this game. Nintendo needs to scrap GameFreak and get back on track. I really don't want one of my favorite childhood franchises to be ruined forever. 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I had every pre-USUM Legendary and every Starter. That alone should tell you how much Dexit affected me. It didn't stop there. About like 80% of my favorites are gone. Even before the leaks, Dexit was genuianly a dealbreaker for me. Doesn't help that SwSh is the third time in a row where i choose to skip a mainline Pokemon game, the other two being USUM and Let's GO.

I'm really sorry, man. I feel the same way too. But hey, we can always boycott the game and force matters into our own hands. 

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

That's where I stand too. I couldn't bring myself to support this game even if I was still the biggest fan of the franchise. It comes across as a huge middle finger to a loyal and overly forgiving fanbase.

Yeah. To say Sword and Shield is a dissappointment is to be grossly understating it. GameFreak now seems like that best friend that betrays you. 

Yo, Sword and Shield is depressing. I don't know how else to say it. 

2 minutes ago, Mukmuk said:

I'm really sorry, man. I feel the same way too. But hey, we can always boycott the game and force matters into our own hands. 

Buddy, it's 2019. Boycotting something as big as Pokemon isn't gonna do shit and that's not taking into account that it's the fastest selling Switch title. It's the same reason why games like Madden or CoD keep selling millions. We can all say the games suck but the audience for those games is extremely huge. Voting with out wallets does absolutely nothing.

16 minutes ago, Mukmuk said:

Pokemon Sword and Shield is trash!!! Thanks, GameFreak. 

Starter? Nah. MORE CHARIZARD??? YEAH!!! 

smh 

Also, can we talk about just how horrible the Battle Tower is? 

smh 

100%. Count me in the same boat as you. 

The reason for Pokemon's sliding downhill rests entirely on GameFreak's shoulders. Pokemon was great up until X and Y (actually, X and Y was great. It had some problems not present in the older Pokemon games, but that was acceptable). Then S/M went downhill quitet a bit, but still was decent. Then Sword and Shield came, and they really did hit the rock bottom with this game. Nintendo needs to scrap GameFreak and get back on track. I really don't want one of my favorite childhood franchises to be ruined forever. 

Yeah. To say Sword and Shield is a dissappointment is to be grossly understating it. GameFreak now seems like that best friend that betrays you. 

Yo, Sword and Shield is depressing. I don't know how else to say it. 

Everyone has their own point at which the series was good. Personally, I think that Diamond and Pearl were the first signs that something was wrong. They had a large number of bad Pokemon designs and a much slower text/animation speed that hurt the pace of the games.

Diamond and Pearl were the ones that, possibly permanently, damaged my love for the franchise. And since then, it's pretty much been downhill, with Black and White as the positive exception. Though as much as I didn't like D/P, they seem positively masterful compared to the gutter trash we're dealing with now.

Edited by Etheus

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Buddy, it's 2019. Boycotting something as big as Pokemon isn't gonna do shit and that's not taking into account that it's the fastest selling Switch title. It's the same reason why games like Madden or CoD keep selling millions. We can all say the games suck but the audience for those games is extremely huge. Voting with out wallets does absolutely nothing.

I'm boycotting Pokemon for my own, personal reasons. I won't buy because I don't like it. I don't see how that's unreasonable. Don't think I'm delusional enough to think boycotting a major game series such as Pokemon would make any difference. 

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Everyone has their own point at which the series was good. Personally, I think that Diamond and Pearl were the first signs that something was wrong. They had a large number of bad Pokemon designs and a much slower text/animation speed that hurt the pace of the games.

(*you can just speed up the text speed to max) 

What would be some designs you consider bad? I'm curious. I mean, of course there are poor designs, but I wouldn't consider it a large number at all. Also, Gen 4 had its fair share of good designs as well. 

16 minutes ago, Mukmuk said:

I'm boycotting Pokemon for my own, personal reasons. I won't buy because I don't like it. I don't see how that's unreasonable. Don't think I'm delusional enough to think boycotting a major game series such as Pokemon would make any difference.

One person is not a boycott.

I am one of those crazy people that liked completing the pokedex. I started with a full 151 dex on yellow, and completed the dex throughout the generations (barring gen 3 as the dex was incomplete-able when those games first came out and I didn't get them). Finding out sun and moon didn't get a national dex after they let the rest of the pokemon in hurt, but finding out I couldn't even do that in Sword and Shield was even worse. Pokemon is the game I got so I could catch them all, and just to rub salt into the wounds

RoxaZGmaPSpOe7Z-nl_89KQdWGUDIQI7pkVnBgXi

my absolute favorite got the axe. My current policy is I will not buy the game until it is half price, as they have half of the number of pokemon the older games did.

36 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

One person is not a boycott.

"To boycott means to stop buying or using the goods or services of a certain company or country as a protest; the noun boycott is the protest itself."  

To clarify: 

Yes, the word "boycott," as a noun is definitely not multiple people. Unfortunately, you seem unaware of the fact that "boycott" is also (or at least can be used) a verb used with an object, the defenition provided above (dictionary.com). The verb can be either singular or plural.

Examples:

-I have been boycotting so-and so's products.

-I have decided to boycott Costco for whatever reason

The verb was clearly what I was using. I'm pretty sure I didn't use the noun. I'm 99% sure I didn't mention an actual protest including just one person. Let me check. My quote: 

"I'm boycotting Pokemon for my own, personal reasons. I won't buy because I don't like it. I don't see how that's unreasonable. Don't think I'm delusional enough to think boycotting a major game series such as Pokemon would make any difference." 

Let's take a closer look at the detail that's important: 

"I'm boycotting Pokemon" 

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's a verb.

Just if you're not sure, let's replace the definition in place of "boycotting:" 

"I'm [going] to stop buying or using the goods or services of a certain company or country as a protest" 

Let's have this relevant to the current subject, Pokemon Sword and Shield. 

"I'm [going] to stop buying Pokemon Games unless they get better, as a protest." 

Or something like that. Makes sense.

Just to make sure you understand, let's look at another example of a word that can be used as both a noun and a verb. Our word: OBJECT 

Noun: a material thing that can be seen or touched

Verb: to say something express one's disapproval of or disagreement or with something. 

Sure, now some examples: 

-That object is pretty. (Noun) 

-"I object, your honor!" (Verb)

You wouldn't say that if I said "I object!," you wouldn't say "That's not proper grammar Mukmuk. You can't say I material thing that can be seen or touched" 

Don't think you're smart enough to try to make me look like a fool. You should feel embarrased right now. And I'm embarrased that I have to teach basic English grammar to a complete stranger who is clueless about basic grammar I learned in elementary school. 

Edited by Mukmuk

Pretty much all of my favourites got axed.

"Dexit" didn't affect me at all. Game's still fun. Not like I ever really used my favourites in new generations anyway, not when there are new Pokémon to discover.

Besides, all signs are pointing to D/P remakes this gen, which I've been looking forward to ever since 5th-gen didn't have remakes.

gamefreak disappointed me tremendously with their dexit, since i love to complete the pokedex in every game that does not require transferring pokemon from previous generations, but i must say some of my favorites are still in

lucario, gallade, gardevoir, ninetales, gengar, rhydon and goodra are in, but altaria, feraligatr, nidoking, dragonair, crobat, houndoom, kingdra, torterra, infernape, luxray and many others got axed, and i do not intend to support this operation

that's why i'm just waiting to find a secondhand copy of either sword or shield to play them

Edited by Yexin