November's Mythic Hero Arrives! Altina: Dawn's Trueblade

Coolmanio

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really happy with this outcome, not just because of Altina, but also because it further opens the door for Legendary figures like her. Now there's no doubt we can get characters like Anri, Dheginsea, Soan, Athos, or Gotoh through Mythic Heroes and that's very exciting to me since it'll be fun to see them explored through the game. 

Also, with Lif missing here I'm guessing he's on a regular banner with the other Story characters or Farfetched Heroes, of which I lean towards the latter since I can't see Tharsir getting the Mythic treatment while he gets nothing similar. 

Oh yeah, this also opens the door for Dheginsea and Soan to be Mythic! Soan would be a really interesting addition imo, because we only saw what he looks like in lion form. We have no idea about his human form!

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Also, with Lif missing here I'm guessing he's on a regular banner with the other Story characters or Farfetched Heroes, of which I lean towards the latter since I can't see Tharsir getting the Mythic treatment while he gets nothing similar. 

Thrasir as Mythic Hero makes no sense... And if we get Líf in a normal banner, it will make it even weirder.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Oh Naga, grant my wish! 

Allow Anri to enter the realm of FEH next Mythic banner!

Only if he namedrops Iote as a pal of his.😉

I want Iote, likely red hair b/c Minchalria, certainly flying, probably axe. Give me the slave of Dolhr turned freedom fighter.

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

Yes, we still need Soan. 

Weird, I was thinking Dheginsea.😜 

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

And unless that armor for has wary Fighter, she has low Spd.

What do you expect? Ragnell and Alondite have 20 Wt each. Trueblade(F) caps Str at 31.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And a good three of them are still in Kanji, Hiragana, and Katakana only for those who don't emulate! Nintendo needs to bundle its old games more often and then port those bundles onto every new system it puts out.

Altina is great to me, I like this use of lore characters. Albeit they picked a swordswoman. I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet for Bramimond. May her hitherto unknown, save for a tiny bit of flashback VA'ed lines, personality be a good one.

And you know, someone is missing now that I think about it. >_>

Ah, so you like the idea of Brammimond too? They're someone I've actually wanted for a while too.

I mean, who else is going to have Apocalypse at this rate? Niime? I doubt it.

I'm another who has idea who this is but I'm delighted we avoided yet another sword infantry, be it Lif (frankly I'm fine if he's never added to the game) or anyone else. Looks like she's Legendary Ryoma done right - if only we could kick Ryoma out of the Legendary pool now. I dislike dual-wielding on a conceptual (unless the second weapon is a genuine defensive weapon like a main gauche) but I guess if it's a god I can let that slide.

Don't think I can summon here though, there are no colours where I even want two of the three units. Will wait for a re-run.

Red - Altina only.
Blue - Julia only.
Green - absolutely nobody.
Grey - Fjorm only.

Good fucking lord I am not looking forward to that Mythic Hero Battle.

On the other hand, I am very happy she's a Red as I was going to snipe for Sothis(es) and would definitely not object to pulling Altina in the process, because she pairs super well with F!Grima.

Edited by Some Jerk

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Can my thread please get merged with this? I dunno what mod to message though... >_<

Just use the report button on your own thread and that's it. You don't need to speak up about it in either thread. A mod will get to it eventually.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Just use the report button on your own thread and that's it. You don't need to speak up about it in either thread. A mod will get to it eventually.

That's supposed to be for bad posts that are breaking the rules though. But true, a mod should see at some point.

Is it bad that at first I thought this "Altina" was just a normal unit being given Mythic status, purely because I didn't know who she was?

I even had a passing idea who Yune was, but this is the first time I was completely clueless who a unit was...

Hah! And people kept saying that characters not available for voting in CYL had no chance of getting in.

I'm a bit disappointed I'll have to wait a bit longer to get Sokkvabekkr, but I'd been hoping for Altina ever since they released her Cipher card.

And we get a Distant Counter Master Sword. Exactly as I hoped. And drawn by Kita Senri. Gorgeous.

Still low on budget, so I won't be able to get in all of my usual pulls, but we'll see.

A bit disappointed I won't be able to pull for Julia or Summer Laevatein, but at least I can get extra copies of Sothis.

And Marth as a pitybreaker. Goddammit. I already have almost enough spares of him for a second +10, and he's nearly worthless for Skill Inheritance. Sigh.

41 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

I haven't played Radiant Dawn, so I have no idea who she is, but she looks hella cool! Helps that I don't have Sothis and I have a bad IV Marth, haha.

She's the equivalent of Anri or Hartmut in the Tellius universe, one of the leaders of the "old war" and founder of the Begnion Empire that Sanaki is now empress of.

She only appeared once in game in a CG artwork alongside the other 2 heroes, Dheginhansea and Soane:

Spoiler

fe10-asheras-three-heroes.png

She also recently got a Cipher card, as previously mentioned, drawn by Daisuke Izuka:

Spoiler

D2OlooVUkAAKz9z.png

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's supposed to be for bad posts that are breaking the rules though. But true, a mod should see at some point.

Considering the rules say "report your own posts if you accidentally double post, don't worry you're not gonna be punished", I don't think it's just for bad posts and necessarily for stuff that should be punishable. Besides, your duplicate topic is technically just as bad as an accidental bad post (which is not really bad at all), so yeah. Posting about it multiple times in a topic going "oh man this should be merged" instead of reporting and delivering the message via the report system won't really do anything except clutter the topic with off-topic posts.

Speaking of getting back on topic, legendary Batta the Beast when? Anyways, might go for her. Not every day you get a dual-wielding weapon user in Heroes.

35 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Ah, so you like the idea of Brammimond too? They're someone I've actually wanted for a while too.

I mean, who else is going to have Apocalypse at this rate? Niime? I doubt it.

I have an unusual interest in Bramimond. What I like about them, stem the tendency of dark magic to corrupt its users who try to master it, if you weren't corrupt already going into it. If you're someone like Nergal, you go insane, Canas says he has brothers who've ended up in a coma because they messed up. Niime it seems is fine achieving less than total mastery of darkness. 

Bramimond is the one person we know of who went into dark magic with the intent to perfectly master it, and who then achieved that. He did lose his ability to project a stable personality, but compared to forgetting why you even went into magic and seeking only power (Nergal), or turning into a vegetable, thats a small sacrifice to pay. A sacrifice that was rewarded with legendary magical capabilities, not only Apocalypse, but strong sealing magic, resurrection, and perhaps a hint of clairvoyance.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She'll just do the same animations with only one weapon.

BTW Ice, you know who is Altina's seiyuu?

Holy crap, so so glad I avoided the temptation of the killer DC banner and Igrene, I thought something big was coming....but this is just mind blowing.  As soon as mythic heroes were announced, or even when legendary heroes were initially brought up Altina was the first character that came to mind.  We joked about it a lot in those early days, but thought how would they implement such a character.  They seem to have done so amazingly, and the art looks great too.  

I was initially going to pull blue and red, since L! Tiki is my big merge project (she's at +5) and I wouldn't mind more Fjorm merges either (she's at +2), really wanted Julia too.  However maybe I'll just go all red, I have no Marths, no Sothis, and Altina is a rare MUST have character for me.  That animation! That art, double sword special!!! AH!

26 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Considering the rules say "report your own posts if you accidentally double post, don't worry you're not gonna be punished", I don't think it's just for bad posts and necessarily for stuff that should be punishable. Besides, your duplicate topic is technically just as bad as an accidental bad post (which is not really bad at all), so yeah. Posting about it multiple times in a topic going "oh man this should be merged" instead of reporting and delivering the message via the report system won't really do anything except clutter the topic with off-topic posts.

I wouldn't exactly say it's off topic, but yeah, you're right. Better not to clutter up either thread regardless.

Edited by Anacybele