November's Mythic Hero Arrives! Altina: Dawn's Trueblade

Coolmanio

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Miyagawa Miho. Also voices Titania.

Thanks! I was curious who would be the chosen one to be the Trueblade's voice. xD

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, took them long enough. Let's hope they don't add some third type of hero this next year alongside Legendary and Mythic, waiting another three years for Anri to finally cycle around would be too much for me. As for Altina, I'm glad we got her, but I'm honestly also still salty that this wasn't our first or second Mythic Hero - I still don't use my Eir for anything because she just pisses me off for not being literally anyone actually deserving of the title - so that taints this a little for me. Also can't afford to go more than full rings until one 5S, so I'll probably just take the free pull.

Also yes, I am aware I am being something of a killjoy, let me rage in peace.

Well, after the Sothis banner there is a reason to pull from a legendary banner again because of even her and especially Altina. Marth would be a loser pull, but he would be still a new unit for me. 

As for the other colours, well, it is green probably because Yarne has a good skill set and green range fliers are always nice to have. 

I do not have Julia, but the other two do not interest me in the slightest. 

Colourless is pointless since I have Fjorm. 

If Lif doesn’t turn up sometime, at least it will spice up the next CYL. What exactly does the second part of Altina’s special affect? Deflect skills and effects like Urvan/Kagero’s Dart?

Not Lif, but still a red unit, which is the color I was hoping for in order to get another shot for more of Sothis.

Altina is an Astra hero, so I can finally use somebody besides Naga every other week. But why is she a flying unit? And a floating one at that? You'd think from the one in-game pic of her that she'd be a mounted unit. lol I guess it is just assumed anybody from Tellius using the goddess's power can just float around.

Having a brave weapon with distant counter built in is rather crazy. Was that negation of "reduce damage by X"-for-non-special skills effect on her special added just for Brave Ike? lol I doubt she'll be on too many defense teams, so she won't get in the way of those that use him for offense, but she'll sure be handy whenever he is on defense.

I'd say after this crazy weapon, there is no longer an excuse for weapons with distant counter built in them like OG Ike's/Ryoma's to not be eligible for refinements because "be too OP". 

And we now have six female Mythic Heroes and one male. If you're hoping for any male heroes of legend like Anri any time soon, it would be best not to hold your breath! lol

Huh, I was expecting an Astra Blessed sword wielder but I didn't think this would happen. Plan is still to free pull red and then bail out of the banner. I'm really more interested in what the dataminers have to say about a certain quest in tomorrow's update.

We also have two Tellius mythic heroes before we ever get a second Tellius legendary and Ike was the first non-OC legendary. Legendary Elincia when, IS?! xP (Micaiah is also a possibility, but obviously I want Elincia instead.)

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

What exactly does the second part of Altina’s special affect? Deflect skills and effects like Urvan/Kagero’s Dart?

Yep. Any skill that isn't a Special that reduces damage by a percentage.

11 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well that's a surprise. I always assumed Dheginsea would end up being the mythic for Tellius. 

We already have Yune. This one's already our second Tellius Mythic.

wow the powercreep is strong with this one. Meistersword effect and DC in one(two) weapons. There is now no excuse to not introduce Distant Counter Weapon refines.

Looks like she is the perfect Vantage offense sweep unit if her Attack is high enough and a direct counter to Thrasir B!Ike and Duma if you field her with Naga (due to Nagas C Slot). Time to field the Hardy Bearing Ophelia and the Reinhardt back onto Anima Defense Teams.

I am glad she cant benefit from Anima Blessings herself ¬.¬

now THIS is something, i never saw it coming

extremy happy for altina, definitely trying to get her with my whopping amount of orbs (4)

now all that i ask for are soan, deghinsea, lehran and forseti

Edited by Yexin

I definitely did not see Altina coming. Not that I'm complaining, especially with how busted she is. Fortunately I've been saving a ton of orbs for L!Julia so I have ~550 in my stockpile. I guess it's finally time to splurge like crazy.

• Red: Absolutely yes. Altina is awesome, Sothis is great, and Marth could use a merge.
  • Blue: Even more yes. Fjorm is meh and Tiki only really needs one merge, but Julia needs as many as she can get.
  • Green: Definitely not: My Lyn is already +3, Laevatein is pointless next to Giga!Nino, and I don't like Yarne.
  • Grey: Definitely not. Guunthra is kind of pointless, Fjorm doesn't need a merge, and Duma doesn't have much use to me when I could have Altina instead.

Hopefully I haven't used up my luck on the previous New Heroes banners.

I am curious, either this is another Powercreep of exclusiv skills on a Legendary/Mythic Hero or Twin Blades is inheritable...

Because Altina is either having 2 exclusiv skills which is a first for a Mythic/Legendary heroes or Twin Blades is indeed inheritable and a direct counter for B!Ike.

When you think Heroes gets predictable, this happens.

Sanaki's great times whatever grandmother's in! She's our Astra Attack mythic and is flying and has Alondite and Ragnell (RIP Akimbo Zephiel). So, she's got Ragnell-Alondite (DC, Brave effect on both phases (OH MY THAT'S 20/10)), Twin Blades (Boosts damage by 40% Res, disables regular skills which reduce damage (RIP B!Ike)), Ashera's Chosen (Neutralises effective against flying, if unit is adjacent to beast/dragons or on own, grants Atk/Def+6), Vantage 3 and Atk/Def Oath (Not Atk/Res, huh). So she might be broken AF. Her animations certainly are OP.

As for the others, Red has L!Marth and Sothis, Blue has Fjorm, L!Tiki and L!Julia, Green has L!Lyn, SummerLaevateinn and Yarne and Colourless has Duma, Fjoride and Summer!Gunnthra (All this jumping on seasonals, Pent and Tanith are certainly next month unless IS are GOATS and Pent is joined by Summer!Laegjarn!). This one's easy for me my priority's Blue (Need Tiki and Julia) > Red (ALTINA) > Green (Mirror Impact) > Colourless (I mean, Duma Merges?)

4 minutes ago, Nickdos said:

Who?

Why are non-FE-fans so excited again? Is having an "epic cool" girl broken meta all it takes?

I am not excited at all, i dont even know the char. The Powercreep is beyond saving

Edited by Hilda

49 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Yup i am definitly sure that Twin-Blades is inheritable

Ruptured sky was the evolution of Dragonic Aura

Twin Blades will be the evolution of Glacies

If that's your reasoning, then it doesn't stack up.

• Black Luna comes from the Luna line.
  • Radiant Aether comes from the Luna or Sol lines.
  • Sirius comes from the Noontime line.
  • Lunar Flash comes from the Moonbow line.
  • Regnal Astra comes from the Astra line.
  • Noba's Zeal comes from the Astra line.
  • Fire Emblem comes from the Draconic Aura line.
  • Ice Mirror comes from the Sacred Cowl line.

There are far more examples of uninheritable Special skills than inheritable ones, and all uninheritable Special skills are third tier skills. We've only gotten 2 non-staff third tier Special skills post-launch that have been inheritable: Blue Flame and Ruptured Sky.

49 minutes ago, Nickdos said:

Who?

Why are non-FE-fans so excited again? Is having an "epic cool" girl broken meta all it takes?

Dual wielding two-handed swords is every weeb's dream.

If Twin Blades is inheritable that'll make her some pretty coveted fodder. As a unit she's bonkers. People have mentioned changing her A skill but I don't see that being a thing with L!Alm and L!Leif floating around. Surprised she didn't come with Vantage 4 but maybe that would have been overkill with an exclamation mark on literally every skill she came with.

Took me a second to realize just what her presence means: B!Ike in Astra season is done. I doubt she'll appear on Defense teams too much but he just got a huge chunk taken out of his viability as an AR tank and that kinda bites. Never the less I have to have her. Dang it this banner is so good and I blew over 100 orbs on Karel and OG Ike. Can't regret it cause I went for Lyn but still.

Between this and CC fodder I'm actually gonna have to go all in with what I have left on this banner. I think I can get about 60 orbs for this banner. Hope that's enough for something.

I wanted an Astra hero and here comes one that looks useful (perhaps even Galeforce material?). Didn't want to to spend many orbs this month, but who knows when we'll get the next Astra hero? 

• Red: Pull
    Already have two Marths, but Sothis might help me with AR and Altina is my main goal

• Blue: Skip
    Already have Julia, two Tikis and Fjorm +2

• Green: Skip
    Not interested in Lyn and Laevatain, even if I wouldn't mind merges for Yarne (a really fun unit)

• Colorless: Pull
    Not interested in Gunnthrá; Duma would help in AR; but the real prize is Fjorm. I want her as a unit and one copy to fodder to my L!Azura

@daisy jane How many orbs should I invest?