November's Mythic Hero Arrives! Altina: Dawn's Trueblade

Coolmanio

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yep... another Hero that will be broken with Lucina... Not to mention that next Weekly Banner is Brave Lucina. I may have to try for her.

I should probably try to get one more if I can to have with Astra Blessing

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I should probably try to get one more if I can to have with Astra Blessing

Yeah, that's my plan as well.

If I get Altina early, I may summon for Lancina. She will be part of my Astra Team, since in Light Seasons I use Nowi and she already good with Marth supporting her (and Lancina cannot help dragons because she is racist, which Claude doesn't approve it...)

Wait a minute...that isn't Lif!

Seriously though, what a surprise! And we have our first Dual Wielder now, huh? Which also means she has inbuilt DC AND a Meister-brave weapon. I vaguely recall someone predicting one or the other, so kudos to whoever that was! She's also an Astra Hero, so that may make AR a bit easier for those interested in that. For me, this is also a chance to get Sothis, so it is very tempting. Bridal Fjorm wouldn't be half bad either, thanks to her staff...

9 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

I have been WAITING for Altina since Mythic heroes were announced! I am DEFINITELY going to try and get her, this'll be my first actual summoning session since the Brave banner, which wasn't kind to me so please wish me luck!

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

NY!Laev has Kumade+, Chill Def and Chill Res (and Restore+ to ensure the debuff advantage is always on my end), and I have both the Light and Dark shrines. Debuffs are fucking everywhere on my map, it's great.

WoM dancing is handled by Ninian, and Silvia's out in front so she doesn't need it as badly. It's hilarious to see people barge in with a supertank thinking BBBF H!Jakob is the only threat, only to suddenly get memed by a Silvia with a functional 70 Atk / 60 Spd. More than once she's clowned on a weakened B!Ike (B!Micaiah loves suicide bombing him for some reason), popped Galeforce with help from L!Hector, then killed the dancer/B!Lucina buffing him.

...I realized while typing that that every new thing I typed added another layer of horror for those who realize the implications.

Sounds cool! I only have one GF dancer so far. But NY!Azura won't become a merge project. 

Ok so my Astra hero is Keaton and I was hoping for a ATK mythic for him. But the fact that she is red and a dual brave vantage as well makes me feel a bit miffed. But at least she didn't get stuck with a DC only weapon. Those are so outdated at this point.

Anyways she is on my list since she Keaton would really like an attack boost, and frankly I just want an Astra Mythic to make scoring in that season a bit easier. Plus I was planning on trying to make a Galeforce team at some point and Keaton/Kaden/Duo Ephraim/Altina/Dancer? doesn't sound too terrible. Sothis is also desired for many reasons. And Marth is Marth and I won't say no to him even if my red sword slot is taken.

So all in on red. Blue is next best. The others I don't really need. Though Green I guess could give me Impact fodder.

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

This should be pretty interesting since this is the first time we'll see Altina's personality. We never knew whether she was a saint, a haughty brat or an ice queen. This could set a precedent for other historical characters like Anri getting a defined personality. 

Yes! I'm hoping for Nada Kuya too, but considering she was only mentioned in a single support conversation I'm not holding my breath 😕

I'm guessing Lif will be a mythic sometime next year. Seems like they've decided they overloaded OCs in late 2018 and want to spread things out more, so we'll squirm a bit and be more excited when the later ones finally show up.

Edited by Othin

8 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

This should be pretty interesting since this is the first time we'll see Altina's personality. We never knew whether she was a saint, a haughty brat or an ice queen. This could set a precedent for other historical characters like Anri getting a defined personality. 

I'm cautious how it'll turn out, this is only a casual gatcha game. It is not "Fire Emblem: Creation of the Tellius Rendition of the Namesake", which I would expect to be a serious story with some semblance at least of depth.

Eh, if necessary, IS could always just decanonize no explanation necessary, because Heroes is Heroes.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm cautious how it'll turn out, this is only a casual gatcha game. It is not "Fire Emblem: Creation of the Tellius Rendition of the Namesake", which I would expect to be a serious story with some semblance at least of depth.

Eh, if necessary, IS could always just decanonize no explanation necessary, because Heroes is Heroes.

Given that she's appearing in Heroes, I'm guessing part of her personality will include "weirdly admiring of and subservient to the summoner".

Edited by Othin

This was unexpected, I wonder when they'll get around to adding Líf and such now. Would be weird if only Thrasir was a mythic out of the Hel gang.

That said, Altina is so cool. I'd even go as far as to say she's a must have for me, why did she have to show up right after the Sacred Stones banner completely drained everything I had... At least she'll show up again in due time. I only have one Naga, so getting Altina as a second Astra mythic would be very useful. Despite her appearance she is also my favourite movement type (Flier), and in fact, all three offensive mythic heroes are Flier units.

I was planning to try getting Sothis anyway with whatever orbs I have, so Altina sharing red with her and Marth (who I don't have) is perfect. I'd also really like to have Legendary Julia, but I really don't need Fjorm or Tiki, so I don't think I'll open too many blues. From green I'd like to have a Summer Laevatein to fix my +Spd -Atk one, but sadly she is sharing with units I really don't need so it might be better to just hold off until her banner returns next year. From colorless I don't have Duma, and both Summer Gunnthrá and Bride Fjorm are -Atk so I wouldn't mind getting them. Colorless will probably be what I fall back on if there are no red stones to summon on.

2 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

This was unexpected, I wonder when they'll get around to adding Líf and such now. Would be weird if only Thrasir was a mythic out of the Hel gang.

That said, Altina is so cool. I'd even go as far as to say she's a must have for me, why did she have to show up right after the Sacred Stones banner completely drained everything I had... At least she'll show up again in due time. I only have one Naga, so getting Altina as a second Astra mythic would be very useful. Despite her appearance she is also my favourite movement type (Flier), and in fact, all three offensive mythic heroes are Flier units.

I was planning to try getting Sothis anyway with whatever orbs I have, so Altina sharing red with her and Marth (who I don't have) is perfect. I'd also really like to have Legendary Julia, but I really don't need Fjorm or Tiki, so I don't think I'll open too many blues. From green I'd like to have a Summer Laevatein to fix my +Spd -Atk one, but sadly she is sharing with units I really don't need so it might be better to just hold off until her banner returns next year. From colorless I don't have Duma, and both Summer Gunnthrá and Bride Fjorm are -Atk so I wouldn't mind getting them. Colorless will probably be what I fall back on if there are no red stones to summon on.

Going double Naga can be frustrating, too. I got a second (and third) copy of Naga on the Julia banner, and having to use two team slots on Nagas since then has made things tricky during Astra seasons. So I'm hoping to be able to replace one of them with an Altina.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Going double Naga can be frustrating, too. I got a second (and third) copy of Naga on the Julia banner, and having to use two team slots on Nagas since then has made things tricky during Astra seasons. So I'm hoping to be able to replace one of them with an Altina.

Yeah, Naga could never really compete with Eir in terms of utility on a unit you have to use every season. Altina at least fills a really useful role for AR, so I expect she'll be the more popular Astra mythic in the future. Still, the defense boost that double Naga provides might still be more valuable to those running supertank strategies.

10 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Yeah, Naga could never really compete with Eir in terms of utility on a unit you have to use every season. Altina at least fills a really useful role for AR, so I expect she'll be the more popular Astra mythic in the future. Still, the defense boost that double Naga provides might still be more valuable to those running supertank strategies.

It also doesn't help Naga that many more units have outsized defense compared to resistance than the other way around.  Just look at the number of units with 35+defense vs 35+res. Combine that with how many magic nukes run around in AR and RES is clearly the better defensive blessing. But yeah there are units that crave Naga's defense boost and more HP is pretty much always a blessing. Its just hard to compete with Eir. I wonder if IS intended for her to be so dominate or if the meta took them by surprise?

3 hours ago, Usana said:

Ok so my Astra hero is Keaton and I was hoping for a ATK mythic for him. But the fact that she is red and a dual brave vantage as well makes me feel a bit miffed.

I am in this exact boat right now.

Although, thinking it over, I’m not sure it’s all that bad. Converting a Naga to a Mythic that can fight capably on the EP doesn’t hurt, and if I’m deploying DC/Vantage anyway, doubling up on it probably wouldn’t make things worse.

~

I’m strongly considering pulling for a copy of her. The Atk boost would be nice for my Galeforce teams, and she’s basically a walking floating backup strategy all on her own.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

If Twin Blades is inheritable that'll make her some pretty coveted fodder. As a unit she's bonkers. People have mentioned changing her A skill but I don't see that being a thing with L!Alm and L!Leif floating around. Surprised she didn't come with Vantage 4 but maybe that would have been overkill with an exclamation mark on literally every skill she came with.

You do not need Iote's Shield if you can Vantage archers first!

5 hours ago, Rinco said:

People on reddit already calculated her stats based on the combats shown.

Reveal hidden contents

38 Atk

20-22 Spd

30 Def

35-37 Res

Not bad! With she had more Atk though so she could be more perfect. She needs them muscles.

My orbs have suddenly disappeared all of the sudden.

On a serious note, I both welcome Altina, as her inclusion opens the door for characters like Anri, the 12 Crusaders, and the Ten Elites to come into Heroes, and fear her because that kit is busted. 

28 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

and fear her because that kit is busted.

She powercreeps some Counter-Vantage units, but she is not that busted. Firesweep and Hardy Bearing will shut her down like any other Counter-Vantage unit.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

She powercreeps some Counter-Vantage units, but she is not that busted. Firesweep and Hardy Bearing will shut her down like any other Counter-Vantage unit.

Just wait for them to launch Null Null.

9 minutes ago, Rinco said:

lol; they need to give that to a nihilist. ... Like, the mindset, not just someone who has the skill.

Altina's inclusion is pretty big since she's the first Mythic Hero released that could actually learn Galeforce (every previous Mythic Hero was either a ranged unit or a dragon unit).

I can expect Galeforce strategies to become more popular in Astral season, especially since Altina gets synergy with beast units, who are typically good Galeforce units (especially Tibarn, Naesala, Yarne, and Velouria).

Set would probably look something like:
Ragnell-Alondite
Smite/Reposition/Draw Back
Galeforce
Heavy Blade
Wings of Mercy
Atk/Def Oath/Atk Smoke/Spd Smoke
Quickened Pulse

Of course, she can be used as a Vantage unit, possibly in tandem with a tank or another Vantage unit.

Sniping red and green for this one. I still don't have an Astral Mythic so Altina is definitely an obvious unit I'd want. I also want Sothis for Time's Pulse. Don't really care about Marth but having another dragonkiller doesn't hurt. For green, I mainly want Lyn merges and Yarne (depending on IVs, Yarne is going to be a Galeforcer or Atk/Spd Solo fodder).

Another significant thing about Altina is that non-FEH FE characters who don't appear in the CYL polls do have a chance of getting in.

Edited by Roflolxp54

22 minutes ago, Rinco said:

14 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

lol; they need to give that to a nihilist. ... Like, the mindset, not just someone who has the skill.

Fun fact:

The Null skills are actually Nihil, but translated differently:

• Nihil is 見切り (mikiri), literally meaning "forsaking" or "abandonment".
  • Null Follow-Up is 見切り・追撃効果 (mikiri: tsuigeki kouka), "Nihil: Follow-Up Effects".
  • Null C-Disrupt is 見切り・反撃不可 (mikiri: hangeki fuka), "Nihil: Disable Counterattack".

Both of the Null skills' icons are the Nihil eye icon with an icon indicating what it's nullifying underneath (Null Follow-Up has two horizontal arrows like in Siegmund's unique refine icon, Null C-Disrupt has the counterattack icon... which for some reason is also the same icon used for Dull skills).

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I can expect Galeforce strategies to become more popular in Astral season, especially since Altina gets synergy with beast units, who are typically good Galeforce units (especially Tibarn, Naesala, Yarne, and Velouria).

So you say she has synergy with beast units, but then you make a set that replaces the one skill she has that has synergy with beast units (Ashera's Chosen).

57 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Set would probably look something like:
Ragnell-Alondite
Smite/Reposition/Draw Back
Galeforce
Heavy Blade
Wings of Mercy
Atk/Def Oath/Atk Smoke/Spd Smoke
Quickened Pulse

Her Atk will be pretty low though if you remove her stat boosting A skill. Heavy Blade does not boost her Atk, it is conditional, and it takes up a slot where Atk boosting skills would be.

Spoilers because stats:

Spoiler

52 Atk = 38 Atk + 4 Asset + 10 Mt

That 52 Atk is too low to reliably activate Heavy Blade in my opinion. For comparison, Cordelia can reach 59 Atk.

59 Atk = 35 Atk + 3 Asset + 14 Mt + 7 Life and Death