November's Mythic Hero Arrives! Altina: Dawn's Trueblade

Coolmanio

4 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I am in this exact boat right now.

Although, thinking it over, I’m not sure it’s all that bad. Converting a Naga to a Mythic that can fight capably on the EP doesn’t hurt, and if I’m deploying DC/Vantage anyway, doubling up on it probably wouldn’t make things worse.

~

I’m strongly considering pulling for a copy of her. The Atk boost would be nice for my Galeforce teams, and she’s basically a walking floating backup strategy all on her own.

My thoughts as well. I'll probably gale her and use her to punch through to try and get at counters hidden behind others. He flying mobility should help with that. Keaton can have trouble reaching due to terrain at times, plus I like to keep him with a damage special to make use of his +10 damage on special activation. Usually run heavy blade seal and a 2 charge special. So they will fill slightly different roles even if it sounds like their attack will be fairly similar. Keaton has 3 more base assuming she has 38, but she gets 1 more might from her weapon and has an open A slot. Keaton gets +2 when transformed and gains more from a mythic blessing then she would from a legendary. So I think it comes out to a wash for the most part. Does mean my main Astra team is going to be REALLY red heavy though.

All in all I'll be pulling for her and if I get her I'll set her up for Galeforce, with counter vantage as her backup strategy for when she can't pull out or the team can't completely finish the enemy.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Her Atk will be pretty low though if you remove her stat boosting A skill. Heavy Blade does not boost her Atk, it is conditional, and it takes up a slot where Atk boosting skills would be.

Spoilers because stats:

Reveal hidden contents

52 Atk = 38 Atk + 4 Asset + 10 Mt

That 52 Atk is too low to reliably activate Heavy Blade in my opinion. For comparison, Cordelia can reach 59 Atk.

59 Atk = 35 Atk + 3 Asset + 14 Mt + 7 Life and Death

having lowish attack isnt bad for a galeforce unit it prevents them from one shoting targets and it allows to dodge chills and the buildings (if she also has low SPD) which is good, while you yourself can boost her attack with buffs or debuff the enemy attack with Ruse or chills or Ploys or smokes, 52 Attack is plenty pre buffs and debuffs.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

having lowish attack isnt bad for a galeforce unit it prevents them from one shoting targets and it allows to dodge chills and the buildings (if she also has low SPD) which is good, while you yourself can boost her attack with buffs or debuff the enemy attack with Ruse or chills or Ploys or smokes, 52 Attack is plenty pre buffs and debuffs.

Having Atk that low is fine for avoiding one shots, but it also prevents Heavy Blade from activating. Low Atk is fine for Galeforcers running Flashing Blade, but it is not good for Heavy Blade.

3 hours ago, Midnox said:

Tomorrow will be a great day. Altina and Gala Elissane, here I come

This post just reminded me of how much I wish Heroes would do something like the Gala showcases. I'd love to see story-promoted versions of Heroes' main cast like what DL is doing.

I am so excited about Altina as she is so cool, weilding the two swords like they are nothing. Also she isn't Lif which is a relief despite my wanting the 20 damage from sokvaber(whatever it's name is). Also with her stats she showcases that monsters can be made with lower BSTs. She is very min maxed which I like and I really hope I get her for the flying and Astra teams. I will propably pull only red so that I can get either sothis which I want or her, now Marth is something I would like to avoid but I hope I am lucky. 

Stats are more or less what I expected. Altina would go one of two ways, she would either be the fastest unit in the game or something more along the lines of what we got. Want her, she's everything.

Her stats seem good for what she does. As expected she has a superboon in attack as well, so I'm preparing for -atk which is now bound to happen if I get her.

I like that her stats (high Res and Atk, low Spd) are kind of similar to Micaiah and Sanaki, nice touch.

Also, phew Tethys demoted. I'll try not to go for too many colorless stones on this banner though, but I'll be very exited to potentially see her whenever I do open one.

Edited by BoaFerox

So basically she haven' t talked to other tellius char based on her castle quotes, but if visiting a friend' s castle she' ll say she sensed chaos, like leg lucina senses grima. huh. 

she explicitly says " dear Lehran" to no one' s surprise, and lv 40 line also shows her sang a song he taught. 

8 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

This post just reminded me of how much I wish Heroes would do something like the Gala showcases. I'd love to see story-promoted versions of Heroes' main cast like what DL is doing.

My opinion about it is: Yes... and No...

Story-promoted versions of Heroes' main cast would be great! With the end of Book 3, King Alfonse could be a good Alt for him... but I don't like Gala Showcases, because different from Legendary/Mythic Banners you can summon every single 5* Adventurer or Dragon in a Gala and not the spotlights.

Well, there go all my Orbs. I pulled a -Atk Altina halfway through and I made the dumb mistake of thinking "I still have a few hundred, I can get another." I did get another (+Spd), but as Thanos once said, it cost everything. I got four Marths! And a Fjorm!

On the plus side, outside of a Christmas Lyon (or Nada Kuya, yeah that;s not happening) I don't foresee any characters I really want being added until CYL4 so I have 8/9 months to save back up. I really hope the Book 4 freebie is a Light Hero so I don't ever have to do this again...

Edited by DefyingFates

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Well, there go all my Orbs. I pulled a -Atk Altina halfway through and I made the dumb mistake of thinking "I still have a few hundred, I can get another." I did get another (+Spd), but as Thanos once said, it cost everything. I got four Marths! And a Fjorm!

On the plus side, outside of a Christmas Lyon (or Nada Kuya, yeah that;s not happening) I don't foresee any characters I really want being added until CYL4 so I have 8/9 months to save back up. I really hope the Book 4 freebie is a Light Hero so I don't ever have to do this again...

I'm really sorry about that. 
yeah i am in save save save mode. Feb has Azura and Julia and Alm. (but it's also anniversary). 
So outside of 3H units i should be decently okay now. 

Got one Altina (-HP/+Def), wish I got another one, instead got 2 Sothis, 2 Marths and S!Gunnthra. Don't know what to do with Sothis, since I have a flyier ball for Dark defense and Yunes are better there than Sothis. Marth will probably be merged since I don't know what to fodder him for and who to fodder it.
Maybe I can still pull another Altina with TT orbs and December orbs.

11 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yeah, it’s pretty sad they aren’t getting love, BEING THE MAIN CHARACTERS. They are treated rather badly outside story, and even Dragalia Lost did a better job with Alfonse, Veronica, and Fjorm, and I don’t doubt Anna and Shareena would have received the same treatment had they appeared in the crossover as well. They kinda need it urgently, as they suck. Hell, only Fjorm is decent in her bridal alt. Alfonse and Shareena’s spring alts are mediocre as well

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

I'm really sorry about that. 
yeah i am in save save save mode. Feb has Azura and Julia and Alm. (but it's also anniversary). 
So outside of 3H units i should be decently okay now. 

Thanks xD

I forgot about the Anniversary! That'll be a nice buff to our Orb stacks (assuming the Hero Fest of the time isn't something incredibly valuable).

Honestly this just makes me more eager for Book 4 - two chapters means 30 Orbs! But if next week's banner is Farfetched 3, maybe it's been pushed to 2020...they really don't want to give Anna an alt.

23 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks xD

I forgot about the Anniversary! That'll be a nice buff to our Orb stacks (assuming the Hero Fest of the time isn't something incredibly valuable).

Honestly this just makes me more eager for Book 4 - two chapters means 30 Orbs! But if next week's banner is Farfetched 3, maybe it's been pushed to 2020...they really don't want to give Anna an alt.

LOL poor Anna. 
true the faster the book 4 comes is the faster we're good for more orbs. 

Got Altina in the clutch circle after 80 orbs. +Atk -Def so that’s great and I can call it quits on this one.

Can’t wait for Altina to run into Yune while she’s playing UNO with Naga, Sothis and Duma. 

Got Altina [+Def, -Spd] on my second pull. Unfortunately, I'm at 1099/1100 barracks space after finishing up the Igrene banner, so I'll have to clean some stuff up before I continue.

Twin Blades is not inheritable. Surprise surprise.