FE1 reinforcements

MrMinus

Hi, i am currently playing fe1 and i noticed that reinforcemets keep arriving for a really long time o most chapters. Are they actually infinite? Or just a lot of them? I can't fid anything about it on the Internet (FEwiki etc is generally very underequipped for Fe1)

WOD is a really good resource. It's all in Spanish but you can pretty much parse it with context regardless. The couple of chapters I saw with reinforcements were all finite, and I'm pretty sure there's no truly endless spawns.

Edited by Parrhesia

FE1 reinforcements aren't infinite but they may as well be considered as such since you shouldn't be spending 80 turns on any chapter. If you can identify their spawn points and plant your units on top of them, you'll stop the tide. The chapters with what I would consider "infinite" reinforcements are chapters 8, 9, 17, 24, and 25 according to my notes.

12 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

FE1 reinforcements aren't infinite but they may as well be considered as such since you shouldn't be spending 80 turns on any chapter. If you can identify their spawn points and plant your units on top of them, you'll stop the tide. The chapters with what I would consider "infinite" reinforcements are chapters 8, 9, 17, 24, and 25 according to my notes.

Any idea whether C25's reinforcements are actually infinite? I gave up counting once I got to turn 51 and they kept coming.

50 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Any idea whether C25's reinforcements are actually infinite? I gave up counting once I got to turn 51 and they kept coming.

Like I said, no chapter has actually infinite reinforcements. I assume the programmer's intent was to have infinite reinforcements but there is such a thing as memory limitations and too many enemy units at one time would probably crash the game. According to (the good) wiki, that chapter has reinforcements every turn between turn 6 and 70. But it doesn't matter much since they'll be boxed in by closing doors.  The AI will stay put if they have no path to the player, thus they will plug up incoming reinforcements for you. As long as you evacuate your units from their starting positions and don't unlock those doors, you won't have to deal with them.