Who will be the next 9 mythic heroes?

Icelerate

The next 9 mythic heroes  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next 9 mythic heroes?

2. 2. Which 9 do you personally want to see?

If there are going to be 16 mythic heroes like shown in the mythic hero chart, there will be 9 more mythic heroes as we've already got 7 in the game as of now (Eir, Duma, Yune, Naga, Sothis, Thrasir, Altina). 

Mila and Ashera are the counterparts to Duma and Yune so I'm sure we'll get her as well. 

Lehran is the husband of Altina and a dancer mythic hero will be extremely profitable as dancers are extremely useful in AR. 

Demon King, Nergal, Anankos, Medeus, Nemesis and Seiros are final bosses so they make sense but one can argue Nemesis and Seiros aren't mythic enough. 

But we will almost surely get Hel and probably Lif as well. Thorr seems likely as well. 

There are other characters that make sense like Gotoh, Athos, Anri, Bramimond, etc. so I think we are getting a lot more just like how there are more than 16 legendary heroes. 

Edited by Icelerate

I think Yune and Altina being in now all but confirms Ashera, Ashunera, Soan, and Dheginsea will be eventually as well. And why isn't Ashunera in this poll? She's the combined form of Ashera and Yune, so she's even more of a real mythic than even they are.

I really want to see all of them come in too, because Tellius bias.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, mythic heroes were reserved to powerful characters lore-wise who made physical appearances in their respective games. But Altina being the first long-dead backstory character, the list just got massively longer. I mean, Genealogy of the Holy war have minimum twelve possible candidates, and that’s counting the crusaders only

1 minute ago, Midnox said:

But Altina being the first long-dead backstory character, the list just got massively longer. I mean, Genealogy of the Holy war have minimum twelve possible candidates, and that’s counting the crusaders only

Yeah, and then you can add the 10 Elites from Three Houses on top of that. That's a crap ton of possibilities.

I voted for:

Medeus - Probably eventually, even if I find him immensely boring. Original villain and all.

Mila - Well, we already have Duma. She loses points for no gameplay form, but gains them for having a more marketable appearance.

Athos - Actually appearing on-screen and being a memorable and powerful ally helps his case.

Ashera - Fairly obvious choice I think, she's a rare intersection of in-your-face powerful lore-wise and also prominent in gameplay.

Lehran - Well we've already got Altina...

Deghinsea - As above. Soan's definitely the least likely of the old Tellius heroes (even less prominent than Altina), I think, but I wouldn't rule him out.

Seiros and Nemesis - Because 3H is gonna get representation.

Thorr - OG character, new blood.

Least likely person on this list is Jahn I think, we already have Idunn as a regular hero, elevating Jahn above her would feel... weird.

I think the next 9 Mythic Heroes will be: Medeus, Anri, Mila, Loptyr, Bramimond, Ashera, Soan, Anakos, and Lif.
Mila, Ashera, and Soan seem like givens, and I think Lif is as well just because it really would be both weird AND stupid to make Thrasir one but not him. Medeus and Anri are possibly the two most prominent Archanea characters for Mythic candidates, Loptyr and Bramimond would give Jugdral and Elibe some representation and I feel those are two popular continents that they won't leave out, and Anakos...well, they love Fates, so.
I'm not so sure Gotoh, Athos, or Nergal would end up as Mythics, I feel like they might just fall short of the mark. I also don't think Lehran or Deghinsea will make it, I think they're gonna be in the main pool, plus we already have multiple Tellius Mythics with Ashera and Soan as likely candidates. Tellius overload, anyone?

The next Mythic Heroes I WANT are: Medeus, Anri, Mila, Loptry, Bramimond, Fomortis, Ashea, Soan, and Lif.

Soan doesn't seem like a given to me at all. 

Even now that I know characters like Altina can be added, I doubt the lion will make it into Heroes. I suppose he's got rare typing though so maybe that can help.

bold of you to assume that none of the 12 crusaders has a chance of being a mythical hero, since you put bramimond in the list

anyway, i just want to see dragon laguz at this point, give me deghinsea

i think seiros would make me spend money, under the right conditions

ah, and maybe dragon/beast mythical loki as well

Edited by Yexin

Ngl, I don't want all of the 12 crusaders and 10 elites to be mythic heroes. Only Heim, Ced, Nemesis, and possibly Bragi should be able to be mythics because everyone else is a literal who.

Naturally this would also stop the actual whos from SS's backstory and all the Elibe legends minus Elimine and Hartmut from being mythics.

Ideally, this would exclude Lif from being a mythic as well, but if the alternative is him taking Nils or Shinon's place on Farfetched v3, then I'd prefer him as a mythic.

As for me, I want the remaining three Tellius legends, Anri, and Fomortis. Anankos too, but mainly because of his appearance.

I'm sure we'll end up getting more than 16 mythics in the long run. Guessing the next 9 is hard, though, since they could easily include OCs we haven't even met yet, or more obscure characters we wouldn't think of.

For predictions, I picked Mila (Light), Lif (Astra), Athos (Anima), Hel (Dark), and Ashera (Light), since those I think those are the most likely 5 to round out the current and next cycles (most likely in that order) and that's as far as I feel like I can meaningfully predict. For ones I want, I picked those 5 and added Dheginsea (Anima), Nergal (Dark), and Seiros (Light). If I had to pick a ninth to round out that cycle with another Astra hero, I'd pick Anankos, but I don't really care about him, so I stopped at 8.

Loptyr, Medeus, Anankos and Fomortiis are all likely and good choices. World ending evil dragons and devils are as Mythic as you get.

Ashera and Mila are guaranteed because of Yune and Duma. Lif not so much but he is still very likely.

About the lore heroes... Altina opens the door for them, which is great, but it's unrealistic to expect to actually see all of them in. We get one mythic every two months, which means, for example, that we would need two full years of nothing but Jugdral mythics to get all 12 crusaders in. And that's not counting that Loptyr and Forseti probably deserve a spot more.

Like always it's best to keep expectations reasonable. We will get a couple of lore only characters per game if we are extremely lucky imho.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I think Yune and Altina being in now all but confirms Ashera, Ashunera, Soan, and Dheginsea will be eventually as well. And why isn't Ashunera in this poll? She's the combined form of Ashera and Yune, so she's even more of a real mythic than even they are.

I really want to see all of them come in too, because Tellius bias.

You are right. All the characters you mentioned could eventually be in the game. Emphasis on eventually.

Since we are talking about the next nine mythics I hope you don't actually want all four of them (you forgot Lehran btw) to come in the next nine slots unless you want people to start actually hating Tellius for real. It would mean that Elibe, Fodlan, Jugdral, Archanea and Fates would get one each next year vs Tellius' four. That is actually too much, and I'm a Tellius fan too.

Edited by GrandeRampel

I have others I think may come, too. New characters and ones only previously referenced, for example. I'm not sure how they'll come into play (maybe as having both a mythic element and a legendary one) but there are still the FEH dragons to consider. If they come with both mythic and legendary blessings, here's how I think they'll be distributed:

Askr: Light/Wind (but possibly Astra) (Very peaceable nation, has a sort of "light" motif. Also, they're sort of the main characters, and main characters are usually "light." They also have that "easygoing energy" that usually gets ascribed to wind, too. (And again, main character thing.) Plus, being Embla's indisputable counterpart. That said, this very point may actually indicate that Askr could be Astral. More on Embla below, but this is besides the Aether Keeps, which were designed by the old Askrans, and seem distinctly astral in nature.)

Embla: Darkness/Earth (but possibly Anima) (There's a curse of a dark god on the bloodline, and that alone is enough to constitute darkness. Dark/fell dragons are usually also described as earth dragons in FE lore. Askr's indisputable counterpart. However, I will grant that Thrasir is Anima elemented, and she comes from Embla, so it's a bit hard to pinpoint.)

Nifl: Astra/Water (but possibly Light or Wind) (Yes, ice has fallen under wind in the past, but only really in situations where water wasn't actually an option. Besides the cool, blue color, I think that ice (frozen water) is better represented by water than wind, though it could reasonably fall under either. As for Astra, the Astra mythics thus far (Naga and Altina) have had a similar sort of feel to Nifl (the country.) They are serene, in a way, but also have a sort of stoicism or otherworldliness about them. This may just be my opinion, but reading that description also makes me think of ice and snow. Plus, the Rite of Ice gave the power to override the Rite of Flame, much like how Naga's power enables those around her to pierce through their foe's defenses.)

Muspell: Anima/Fire (Besides being Nifl's counterpart, Fire is the obvious element for Muspell. Also, Duma is an Anima mythic: an indomitable force of power (except for when Naga, an Anima mythic, steps in with her power in the Falchion), much like what Surtr becomes under the Rite of Flame. That is, after he's gained Muspell's blessing.)

But besides the dragons, I'm looking forward to the dark elves and seeing how they play into this. Maybe we'll get mythic dark elves!

I'd like to see: the Old FE options, the Tellius ones (a lot, yes, but this is a wishlist and not what I'm saying they should do), and Forseti (not in the poll but would still make sense, I think... and if they made an FE4 version of Naga I wouldn't complain either, I suppose they picked her Awakening version because it's more recent and at least appears in the game, but it doesn't feel like Naga to me and I dislike her design).

I expect: Hel, Lif, Thorr, Seiros, Mila and Ashera for sure, probably Anankos and Medeus at some point, maybe Nemesis I guess (though they have easily 4 legendary candidates for 3H representation, so a third mythic might not be necessary, and if it were I'd rather see one of the Saints for the next father-and-daughter duo).

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

You are right. All the characters you mentioned could eventually be in the game. Emphasis on eventually.

Since we are talking about the next nine mythics I hope you don't actually want all four of them (you forgot Lehran btw) to come in the next nine slots unless you want people to start actually hating Tellius for real. It would mean that Elibe, Fodlan, Jugdral, Archanea and Fates would get one each next year vs Tellius' four. That is actually too much, and I'm a Tellius fan too.

I thought I mentioned Lehran for some reason... Huh. Anyway, why should there only be nine more when we ended up getting more than 16 legendaries? We'll probably get more mythics than that too.

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I thought I mentioned Lehran for some reason... Huh. Anyway, why should there only be nine more when we ended up getting more than 16 legendaries? We'll probably get more mythics than that too.

I'm not saying that there will only be nine more. I'm saying that this topic has a title and that title is "Who will be the next 9 mythic heroes?", so in order to stay in-topic we have to talk about the next nine Mythics, not the tenth one and more.

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I'm not saying that there will only be nine more. I'm saying that this topic has a title and that title is "Who will be the next 9 mythic heroes?", so in order to stay in-topic we have to talk about the next nine Mythics, not the tenth one and more.

Oh, yeah, that's true enough then.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm sure we'll end up getting more than 16 mythics in the long run. Guessing the next 9 is hard, though, since they could easily include OCs we haven't even met yet, or more obscure characters we wouldn't think of.

For predictions, I picked Mila (Light), Lif (Astra), Athos (Anima), Hel (Dark), and Ashera (Light), since those I think those are the most likely 5 to round out the current and next cycles (most likely in that order) and that's as far as I feel like I can meaningfully predict. For ones I want, I picked those 5 and added Dheginsea (Anima), Nergal (Dark), and Seiros (Light). If I had to pick a ninth to round out that cycle with another Astra hero, I'd pick Anankos, but I don't really care about him, so I stopped at 8.

Hmm, rethinking this... if they make Mila Astra instead of Light (paralleling her with Duma), that'd free up a Light spot instead, for someone like Anri. I don't think either Ashera or Anri are options for the upcoming Light mythic since they'll be immediately following Altina, but maybe Seiros could fill that spot if they think that's enough time since the release of Three Houses?

*Puts on blindfold*

🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯

😳😭😵⚰️😇😡🤩😍😊

No idea who, success of nine successful predictions = 1*10^-30.

Who I'd subjectively like from ancient lore:

Lehran, Dheginsea, and Ashera b/c Tellius bias, throw in Soane too.

Athos would be excellent, and I really want Bramimond, and Durban in full berserker bloodlust.

Iote interests me from Archanean lore. Anri is fine too, but another Falchion user, one who didn't even have the Binding Shield, is not so interesting.

From the 12 Crusaders, I want to know what Fjalar was like. Who bore the Mark of Justice and is Arvis's ancestor? How does she differ from her descendant, what would she think of the cool fool? Bragi is another I'd want to know because he led the Jugdrali faith. Having Njorun and Dainn to find out exactly how the Thracia split might have unfolded is on my radar too. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer