Mythic Hero Battle - Altina: Dawn’s Trueblade

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid @daisy jane @Landmaster @LordFrigid

Gee Altina, how come Ashera lets you have TWO swords?

This one was hell. I think the last time I actually had to bust out L!Eliwood was back on his own map, and that sure didn't require me to dig out niche skills just for one fight.

Altina was less threatening than expected; her ability wrecks anyone using defense skills, but falls flat against anyone that actually has a strong Def stat. The actual difficulty of the map came from her cohorts and the unholy union of skills they all had, doing their damnedest to screw with stats and formations. Until the Cleric was the only enemy left, not a single move could be wasted.

If I had to name the biggest problem, it would be the two Fàfnirs that spawned at the bottom of them map using the Chill Atk and Chill Spd seals. The Blue one in particular was a cheeky bastard that survived with 1 HP until I put Drive Atk on B!Ninian, which would then lead to issues with the green Fàfnir because there was no Joint Hone Spd for F!Grima to counter Chill Spd with.

Well like usual I am not even going to try abyssal. I usually only do it if my margins are large enough that I think a chance is had. The margins are paper thin here. My unmerged Armor team(other than Jakob who has a merge) just can't deal tank abyssal stats unless the conditions are right. And this one is rough. But I did clear infernal even though it took some interesting seal choices. Had to take QP off Jakob. He needed Brazen ATK/DEF and Ignis. My -SPD Hector needed the Darting Stance seal. I don't usually put that seal on a 19spd unit. And finally I needed Armored Boots on Ephraim to keep his effect up.

Here is a video if you want to see how -ATK/+DEF Brave Ephraim, +ATK Halloween Jakob +1, +ATK/-SPD Brave Hector, and +SPD/-RES Valentine Ike handles Infernal. The video is slow but my phone apparently is too old to do recording at a decent speed.

Is it just me? I find this easier than Lector Abyssal

@Zeo @mcsilas @mampfoid @Landmaster I'm sorry that I didn't got a chance to comment on some of your previous clears because I want to take a break from a map that is not challening so I didn't record them until now.

It's long time since Lector map that Shiro take on Abyssal map. Altina come to powercreep B!Ike but only do a scratch on Shiro lol

Dagger emblem got a really hard time to deal with reinforcements from all direction with the disadvantage of map layout so they only manage to beat infernal.

Edited by Ginko

I was a bit worried that Savage Blow would chip Altina's HP into Vantage range but enemies being scattered throughout the map somewhat worked in my favor. Really hoping that Echidna drops so I can put Drive Atk 2 on my Reyson. These KO's are cutting it a little too close. 

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

Taking on Abyssal Altina was practically impossible to me until I pulled out Brave Lyn - Lyn ended up KOing Altina on turn 2.
image0.png

The team:
+Spd +10+5 Brave Lyn: Brave Bow+, Reposition, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, Savage Blow 3, Brash Assault 3
+HP/-Atk Legend Azura: Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Blue Duel Flying 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Attack Tactic 3, Torrent Dance 3
+HP/-Atk Flier Olivia: Skuld, Dance, Bracing Stance 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Atk 3, Aerobatics
+Spd/-Atk New Years Azura: Spd Hagoita+, Sing, Iote's Shield, Wings of Mercy 3, Atk Tactic 3, Drive Atk 2

Note:
The only dancer who actually had to take a hit was Legend Azura (she MUST be +HP or +Def and not -HP or -Def and have Blue Duel Flying equipped assuming she's at +0; otherwise, she'll be OHKO'd by that Slaying Spear cavalier). In the clear, Olivia needs to be next to Lyn so that Lyn could get the KO on Altina and New Years Azura would've procced the Pain cleric's Wings of Mercy which would prompt the cleric into ORKOing Olivia.

Normal and Hard cleared with low HM units.

Lunatic cleared with Canas, Linus, Bowcina and Norne. This was pretty cool actually, sadly Canas wasn't able to 1-round her and she did, so Bowcina took the honours, but every unit was useful here.

Infernal's looking a bit too tricky, Summer Laegjarn can 1-round if two goad flier units are near her, but I can't get to that if everyone else stops me.

A quick clear using my usual Abyssal squad:

Excuse the German text - I'm trying to jot down a bunch of character dialogue and I didn't want to change it back just for the recording.  You should be able to still tell what's going on.

I forgot to show it, but Reinhardt with a +6 Atk buff and Dragon Fang charged leaves Altina at exactly 1 Hp, hence Nanna having to chip her first.  That was kind of annoying...

Oh, boy get ready for a lot of cursing, failed attempts and more swearing.  This battle royally pissed me off on Lunatic (which I jumped straight into with a very unorthodox team).  Grima had a fair bit of placement issues initially and poor Veronica was most certainly given a work out...and died once 😕 I am not pleased with how messy it got but I'll take it:

Basically I tried to keep calm, but this map did me in...as they all do.

@Rezzy @Nym

and anyone else who won't mind seeing my frustration with this map.

well guess powercreep and new skills reached a point where i cant clear the Abyssal Map with the Askrtrio and Veronica sadly 😕
All units are either way to bulky due to new skills they use (hello lull skills) or too fast or a combination of both for the Askrtrio to handle them (with their refined weapons)

I really need to go balls deep into this one with Dragonflowers Summoner support and skills -_-

Was so glad about getting Igrene that I just had to push her through Abyssal and succeeded. 3 dancers and one attacker with a Blazing skill are the easy way out though. Also thanks to her Bow Igrene can also have Hardy Bearing. So Altina's Vantage was easily cancelt out.

Took a few tries, but ultimately, Altina is no match for Celica. Vantage is no good if you cannot get into Vantage range in the first place! Celica wrecked Altina's Res with Luna.

Another one falls to the Lolis~

Altina wasn’t too hard but we did need some specifics here. S!Elise needed Astra to nuke the Green Fafnir and Flashing Blade to charge it, B!Tomebreaker to get rid of the Blue Flier in one round, and Drive Atk to ensure Elise kills the Blue Fafnir.

HS!Elise ran Smoke Dagger here because we needed to lower Altina’s Atk when she initiates against Nowi. Spur Def was to help her live that hit and Drive Atk for OG!Elise as aforementioned. 

OG!Elise needed Summoner Support for 2 Atk points just so HS!Elise could run Spur Def instead of a Spur Atk. And I went with double Brazens since we take that Pain chip damage anyway.

Nowi needed her Atk Refine so she could share the Joy(ous Lantern buffs) and Cancel Affinity for that stupid TA pony~

@Maaka - Cordelia one-rounding Altina was really impressive!~ That was a really easy one-turn!

@Some Jerk - Wow, having F!Grima take on Altina was pretty scary, but she handled that wave of enemies well~ That was a pretty evil Cleric.

@Nowi's Husband - That was a lot of Repo action upfront to get rid of Altina. Those AOE Specials are always impressive. Close calls at the end but the best girlie hung on for the victory, nice job!

@LordFrigid - Wow, nice use of Deflect Melee. And we get an Enemy Phase BIGNIS, that’s a nice way to end it~ 

@Ginko - No one better to tank Altina than Shiro. But him tanking Fafnirs was probably the most impressive. Kagero was still the monstrous nuke she always is and Siegbert ran all over the place with his Galeforcing, haha! Great work~

Team Dagger always make quick work of these maps, a shame Abyssal is just a tad bit too much for them, I’m sure they could probably manage it in the future~ Watching Kaze blow back Altina was amazing!

@Flying Shogi - I feel you with that Drive Atk. It’s really a struggle trying to make do with Spurs LOL.

@DLNarshen - Nanna really impressed with her strength here~ We all know how strong the twins are so it was nice to see her play a more offensive role. Still Julia and Julius took on most of the map and did amazing as usual, I’m sure they loved this Dragon heavy map. Of course THE REINHARDT gets the killing blow, nice work!

@Landmaster What a great clear, Landy! Nowi surviving Altina's attack with 1 HP was my favorite part!

@DLNarshen Julius and "friends" was really fun to watch. All four great unit, and this video reminded me that I still need to finish my Reinhardt.

@Maaka Great 1-turn clear, Maaka! As always, never giving any chance for your foes!

@LordFrigid Wow! Deflect Melee? I never expected to see this seal being used, or seeing this skill at Level 3. What a great job!

. . . I did it. . . I managed abyssal with my Armors and I didn't even need to look at any guides. I couldn't do it with the regulars. Nor could I do it with only the Sacred Stone armors. I had to retire Eirika. Abyssal stats were just too much, I had to let loose the monster.

My Amelia, My Halloween Myrrh, Christmas Ephraim, and Halloween Jakob were able to pull it off. Though Ephraim just kind of went off and did his own thing on the right while Amelia and Myrrh tag teamed the left. Jakob was mostly there to clear out three of the dragons and to counter kill the horse mage with TA. Eirika being a staff unit, and slow as can be, just couldn't manage it. Even Jakob had to go and grab Fierce Stance. Yeah I was running Fierce Stance + Brave Bow. A combo that is quite clearly superior to Deathblow + Brave Bow. Right?

Edited by Usana

@Landmaster

Staff Elise did a great job eliminating those Lance Cavs, but the most impressive part for me was that 1 HP survival from Nowi after eating a hit from both the G Tome Cav and Twin Blades. Nice work!

@Diovani Bressan

I like how you were able to just walk Nowi right up into Altina’s range right from the get-go. That really stifled a lot of the pressure from the top of the map. Great job!

~

Thrasir continues to do the things.

This can be done 1 turn faster with Savage Blow 2 (three hits of Savage Blow 3 barely puts Altina in Vantage range), but KOing her from full was much more fun.

Celica & Co almost complete a full circuit around the map. Not having to deal with weapon triangle disadvantage went a long way against Altina herself.

@LordFrigid You reminded me that Altina having her Special already charged prevents her from destroying Deflect Melee at all. That's kinda an oversight, maybe. Edelgard's Bignis was pretty ridiculous, though.

@Landmaster Is Nowi an honorary Elise? I'd say she definitely earned her spot, though. I was surprised that Nowi took so much from the Green Mage even with CA3, but she took on Altina just fine. And even killed her through all that Res, wow.

@DLNarshen It's ok, more clears in other languages make it more interesting. Maybe. I have a +0 Nanna that I fed Dazzling Staff to, but maybe I should start merging her up too. She was quite clutch at the end.

@Ginko The instant dive into the center took me by surprise. I guess Altina's firepower isn't actually that high by Abyssal standards. But since you got so much map control early it just became a matter of taking on the waves one by one, huh? I can't watch the dagger one, though.

@Some Jerk I saw you also bravely dived into the center. Grima with Bonus Doubler, full buffs and constant healing must be the OP Grima from The Future Past.

@Maaka Aww, no Soleil. But Cordy is always good.

@Diovani Bressan Regular Marth and Lucius are rare sights. But I guess Nowi was the star here.

@mcsilas @Zeo @Alexmender @mampfoid

It's been a little while again, just can't get motivated to record for the easy BHBs and stuff lol. But I did this Abyssal with the same team again. The original idea was to have Celica use Firesweep and quad Altina, but I ran into a bunch of problems, mostly Spd related when going against the dragons and such. Eventually, I decided to just have Kagero use Desperation instead of showing off with her new Prf's effect.