Mythic Hero Battle - Altina: Dawn’s Trueblade

Diovani Bressan

It's been a good while since I've visited this part of the forums...To be honest I got burn out from recording videos on top of having less free time due to college. Good news is that the semester is practically over so my free time will increase, however I don't think I'll keep recording stuff like GHBs and BHBs outside of special cases because I stopped finding them fun. So from now on I'll just do LHB/MHBs which are still a nice challenge to solve (although these can also have painful maps like Julia's and Leif's).

That being said, let's start with a couple comments!

@Landmaster Wow, the Elise trio is as powerful as I remember them! They just went and nuked the map like it was nothing. Nowi also tanked and destroyed everything that dared look at her funny although Altina almost did a number on her but holding on at 1 Hp is seriously impressive!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Kagero and B!Celica still make for a killer combo, I see. They just danced around destroying all the surrounding enemies like it was just another map for them. Trapping that green cav only to end it's suffering with a triple digits hit was the highlight for me. 

- - - - 

This map gave me some trouble initially, I went through my arsenal of skills to fail again and again only to find that Eirika simply needed the Brazen Atk/Def seal and the use of a certain assist skill that shines in cramped maps like this one. I didn't include custom music this time because I really like the in-game map music and it felt like it suited the clear the best.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Alexmender Yeah, I've also stopped recording for non-Abyssal stuff. It's just... kinda too easy? Unless I come up with some kind of gimmick that's cool to watch.

You gave Eirika her friend's goggles, huh? I didn't get Halloween L'Arachel, unfortunately. She once again slapped the entire map up, though. I see those flying dragons near the end were one of the most troublesome for you as well? Playing around the Panic Smoke was annoying, and they were both bulky and fast.

I recently pulled a Nailah, and I've been thinking of possibly giving DC NCD to my Eirika since she deserves it. But Brunnya is also tempting.

We both rely a lot on sword princesses, but I guess the playstyles are exact opposites, huh?

@Diovani Bressan - THANKS~ Yours wasn’t loading for me before, but I can see it now~ Good getting rid of Altina right away and Nowi just tanked everything pretty easily after that~ Alm was good for getting rid of everyone in the back lines.

@Usana - Congrats on beating Abyssal!

@LordFrigid - Thrasir totally nuking Altina was totally worth it. Celica handled it with ease, too. IDK why I was less surprised seeing Thrasir blowing her back than Celica.

@SatsumaFSoysoy - I have a lot of honorary Elises for now, haha, but Nowi is definitely the best in that regard. Being a tanky Blue helps deal with…pretty much everything the Elises can’t do on their own~

Just a team of nukes here. Even Altina doesn’t stand a chance against Kagero. And Celica is off in her own world Galeforcing everything to death. Almost seemed like Infernal with how easy you handled that. Really nice clear!~

@Alexmender - Welcome back! 

I was scared after that Lunge but I should know better than to doubt Eirika’s power by now. Nothing but a walk in the park, especially when she got rid of Altina so early. It’s really amazing how much she can handle even when she gets separated~ I know the feeling of finding just that right Seal, even when it ends up being something simple~

10 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's sad, because I really like your Abyssal Askr Trio + Vero videos. They are great!

Managed to clear it but it involved giving Sharena +10 Flowers & summoner support S. Alfonse +5 Flowers Anna 5 and some nasty skill inheritance

I was never forced to be so aggressiv with ressources like on this MHB on Abyssal

When Gen5 rolls around i dont know what to do

@Landmaster I didn't believe myself either that sending Shiro straight to the mob will make things easier like this lol. Your lolis take care of thing with big Astra damage is really impressive. I'm more surprised, OG Elise is that strong to ORKO some 80 HP enemy.

@SatsumaFSoysoy All I did is just ship damage with Bottle Kagero and then toss Shiro there and voila!! got a nice 1st turn opening. I just reupload the dagger clear.  If you can't see it, try refresh this page and click again. We deal with that green mage cav. with similar tactics but mine is forcing it to suicide on my bottle Kagero lol. Veronica is perfect pair with Celica. They are slash and heal duo, nice work!

BTW, do you plan to give Life and death 4 on your Kagero?

Edited by Ginko

I thought it'd be harder to figure out.

But Sothis is how she died in Infernal, getting two on the Mythic banner (and of course Eliwood's Bonus Doubler) made her kind of nuts. Danckut and Fane!Tiki rounded the team out.

Edited by Dayni

@Landmaster Thanks for the congrats. Given the limitations of an all armor team I was really thinking it wasn't possible. But the power of +10 Amelia came through. You would think I would use her on my main armor team for clearing content instead of an unmerged Brave Ephraim. But it really just came down to not enjoying constantly fudging with her skill set since as one of my few +10's she is geared up for scoring most of the time.

Well I decided to record my Abyssal clear for any who are interested. I used VLC to speed up the video by 1.5 since my phone lags so much when recording.

Ephraim just really likes to go around doing his own thing all on his lonesome.

Roy and his friends took on the Infernal challange. The biggest pain was killing that healer, but otherwise it was a pretty smooth ride. Plenty of fools suicided on Roy and Wolt could one shot those annoying fliers.

Abyssal will be a bit more of a challange

@Landmaster: Oh wow. All 3 elise's are pretty capable of beating the crap out of all the enemies. Even OG elise had a few 40 X2 attacks. Meanwhile the mythical hero Altina would have only done 2 damage if not for her special.

On 11/29/2019 at 3:41 PM, Sasori said:

Roy and his friends took on the Infernal challange. The biggest pain was killing that healer, but otherwise it was a pretty smooth ride. Plenty of fools suicided on Roy and Wolt could one shot those annoying fliers.

Abyssal will be a bit more of a challange

Yeah getting Nowi to survive that Special was the biggest pain~

You just want me to +10 a Roy don't you? I swear whenever I see yours I just want to do it to watch him blow off these BIGNIS kills. Wolt was pretty good here, too, and I liked how Lilina supported with the Rally Up~

I finally beat this. and I actually was able to record a video and not have a lag. so i'll try to get this uploaded tomorrow.
But i am so pleased. I was really feeling bummed out about not being able to do it but  I got it done. 🙂

with that being said Boy. do I want A +atk Ophelia. 

@Diovani Bressan Wow, really impressed with that Nowi against Abyssal Altina! Marth was also a great choice, providing both support, and being effective against those dragons while L!Alm had a field day shooting things down.

@DLNarshen Youcan read German? Wow. Love how you started with exact damage with Julia vs the lance cav. There were some nice dragons to eat for breakfast for her, Nice to see Julius doubling a few enemies, too. Nanna really shone through with both Gravity support and of course, preparing Altina for Reinhardt.

@Ginko Yay Shiro back in Abyssal action! He sure showed Altina, going against her without a sweat! Even taking on greens and fafnirs and healing back up! Also Road Taken is always a nice track.

Wasn't sure how you'd do it with Dagger Emblem but wow, Kaze's Desperation Iceberg pulled through! Those buckets sure did some work against those dragons, too.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Ooh a Slaying GF B!Celica! Those GF procs are always fun to see, and at least you got Spd out of it. Kagero's Desperation attack obliterated Altina, and I love how Kagero kept the mage cav in the corner lol.

@Landmaster Wow, that's some specific combinations you had there, but glad it worked out. Blue Elise had to step in in this map! Elise's Smoke Dagger debuffs sure came in handy for that boss battle though (blue Elise's 1 health though then healing up!), good thing one of the Elises was a dagger. Loved how OG Elise used the power of the enemy's Pain to her advantage.

@Alexmender Swap shenanigans, woo! I love how your team moved as a unit to the top sides of the map. I love Brazens, so neat to see that it was what worked for you here. Eirika sure hung on after taking two legendary swords a once!

@Zeo @daisy jane @mampfoid

Now for my clear. Don't really have too much time, so this will do. I call it, the goddess of chaos brings turmoil by allowing Fates units to fight her battle.

Team is +Res/-Def Yune, +Res +1 Elincia, +Res/-Def Summer Takumi and +Atk/-Def Legendary Azura

Music is Hymn of the Righteous from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (truly my favourite RD map theme)

-What better chaos than having L!Azura join Yune's army? S!Takumi is also along for the ride, riding the ocean's gray waves as he shoots many a pesky flier with her water-themed bow. I just wanted the orbs fast and after loli armoured dragons couldn't do the map because of the layout, I just went ahead and used my own flier emblem since there were a lot of fliers in this map.

-That said, this was a whole team effort, while Takumi shot things down, he did need Yune's debuffs/Drive Atk, Elincia's Goad Fliers AND Azura's buffs to deal with Altina (Darn anti-archer skill!). Because the team was all fliers, Azura couldn't use Atk Tactic, but then this meant Takumi had to rely on his Res Wave so he gets the +6 all stat buffs.

-While Takumi had the boss kill spotlight, Elincia was no slouch. Who cares if the new Mythic unit has a multi-phase brave prf? Elincia shows she can still do her Brave weaoon job- and even quad! She did have to get Darting Blow to secure some kills but it's still nice to see the x4, and her weapon pushing through the healer's Miracle. Flier Formation also helped her do some tactical melee sniping as she was my best unit to handle approaching archers. Her Swap was just a filler positional skill back when I first got her, but boy did it shine through in a map like this one where my team was being pushed into a corner.

-Yune demanded a rematch against Altina, and while she couldn't directly challenge Altina, her massive Res meant a whole lot of enemies will get debuffed, perfect for her weapon and those Glacies bombs. Plus, she could just shrug away the healer's attacks to keep her busy. Also her attack animation is just gorgeous.

On 11/28/2019 at 8:54 PM, Landmaster said:

Another one falls to the Lolis~

It's incredible just how strong Nowi continues to be even today.  That was impressive surviving Altina even though she only had 17 Hp!  That must have taken a while to get right.

On 11/28/2019 at 9:15 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

Julius and "friends" was really fun to watch. All four great unit, and this video reminded me that I still need to finish my Reinhardt.

Thanks!  Finish him up for sure.  If I ever pull a spare Death Blow 4...

On 11/28/2019 at 6:27 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

In my opinion, this MHB was pretty easy. Altina was not a threat at all!

Nowi seems to be a popular choice for these!  No doubt she appreciated all the Marth buffs too.  Alm missing the kill by 1 on the red flyer was kind of a bummer, but thankfully it didn't really wind up mattering.  Very good positioning all around.

On 11/29/2019 at 12:31 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's ok, more clears in other languages make it more interesting. Maybe. I have a +0 Nanna that I fed Dazzling Staff to, but maybe I should start merging her up too. She was quite clutch at the end.

It's been a little while again, just can't get motivated to record for the easy BHBs and stuff lol. But I did this Abyssal with the same team again. The original idea was to have Celica use Firesweep and quad Altina, but I ran into a bunch of problems, mostly Spd related when going against the dragons and such. Eventually, I decided to just have Kagero use Desperation instead of showing off with her new Prf's effect.

Nanna really was the star this time around, surprisingly.  I'm a biased, but I'd definitely recommend merging her up if you're looking to make a +10 healer that you (hopefully) shouldn't have to break the orb bank for.

First off, I approve of the thumbnail.  I love the raw killing power of the units you tend to use.  Celica's quadding Slaying Edge is so satisfying, and Kagero consistently one-rounding 80+ enemies without the benefit of WTA will never stop being impressive.  That poor green tome cav can never catch a break...

52 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Youcan read German? Wow.

Well, I try to anyway lol

Now for my clear. Don't really have too much time, so this will do. I call it, the goddess of chaos brings turmoil by allowing Fates units to fight her battle.

Good work keeping Yune towards the center for most of the battle to apply those debuffs.  It felt like they went a long way towards making this map much easier.  Takumi was kept very busy, and he did well to one-round Altina at the end!

@mcsilas, @Zeo, @LordFrigid, @Landmaster, @BoaFerox, @Nanima, @Diovani Bressan, @Alexmender, @Maaka, @Some Jerk

Sooo. I have a video!  The lagging issues (knock on all the wood) seemed to be gone. and I was so proud of myself on this one because I was saying, I had to use a guide to do the infernal and it's been a very long while since i did any sort of abyssals etc on my own. (part of the issue is - i was/am able to do like 98 percent of it, and then poof. i can't kill the boss (the issue i had w/Julia). or the healer or something. 

Enter. Igrene. 
for me for the most part I have the same issue. 
Either Celica can't hit the high res units - 
Ophelia can't hurt Greens. 
Igrene - fills in the niche where i've been struggling (though she can't hit high def blues so there we are). 

Also. I figured out how to edit and add music!  So! Let us begin!!
(once you see the clear - you can end the video, i forgot to edit the music to end lol)

Edited by daisy jane

16 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Yeah getting Nowi to survive that Special was the biggest pain~

You just want me to +10 a Roy don't you? I swear whenever I see yours I just want to do it to watch him blow off these BIGNIS kills. Wolt was pretty good here, too, and I liked how Lilina supported with the Rally Up~

Yes😀. Roy deserves all the +10 merges

Wolt worked nicely well too. A lot of fliers to one shot....that speed bane still hurts me though.

@mcsilas Hey thank you. Yune is such a gorgeous girl with her Glacies and Res boon to debuff everything. Who need a dual-phase Brave weapon when Elincia with quadstrike is cooler than those slow brave weapon lol. I have her with -Atk/+Spd. Still need a copy to get rid of that ugly flaw.

@mcsilas - Nice, it’s fun watching Yune nuking things so easily~ Takumi deals with all the Fliers and Elincia quads everyone in their way~

@DLNarshen- Yeah, the real task was getting Nowi to live. I originally tried Summoner Support on her to give her just a tad bit of extra HP, but it changed the AI~ Having it on Elise did the job~

@daisy jane - Wooo Igrene! Looks like you had to be precise in the order you killed things, congrats on beating it!

@daisy jane Oof, so jealous of that +Atk Igrene (and Skylivia!). I do love the Fire Emblem: Three Dancers music. Really nice use of mobility, and it's a good thing there were ledges so Igrene can shoot things from a safe distance.

@Ginko Hope you get to fix your Elincia! I kept getting -Spd ones, thank goodness for bane removal changes.

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@daisy jane Oof, so jealous of that +Atk Igrene (and Skylivia!). I do love the Fire Emblem: Three Dancers music. Really nice use of mobility, and it's a good thing there were ledges so Igrene can shoot things from a safe distance.

it's my favourite honestly. 
I really hope you can get Skylivia. out of all the red pity breaker i get - I don't know why she doesn't wanna show up more often. come on Liv!
Yeah - Igrene maeks me wish really hard my Ophelia was +atk. I can see the true power lol

Lunatic and infernal were not as much of an issue as I thought they'd be. Really surprising. I cleared lunatic on my own in just a few tries with my horse squad of Freddy, Reinhardt, Hrid, and legendary Ephraim. Infernal I decided to get Phoenixmaster's help with, and his guide actually worked this time, though I had to improvise a bit at the very end because the flying green dragon moved slightly differently. But a lot of the time, I have trouble making even guides work because of differing stats and stuff. So I'm glad this one worked out nice!

Igrene absolutely destroys this map

So that's preeeeeetty much all I used. Nino and Wings of MRSA Olivia + Nowi handled the rest. Nowi delivered the final blow.

I did all the maps with the same team

Edited by Arcanite

It took a few tries before I gave up on Atk/Res Push on Legendary Leaf and just had him eat a Legendary Eliwood for Death Blow 4. Push was eating up too much HP, meaning he'd run out of juice before the end of the map and be unable to kill the Green Knight that spawns in the bottom right at the very end.

Cleared Abyssal in only 1 try after switching Leaf to his more sustainable build with Legendary Leaf, Ophelia, and 2 Legendary Azuras. I couldn't solo with Ophelia because of the godforsaken Green Knight. I'm absolutely positive that thing exists specifically to shut down Ophelia solos since I'm pretty sure there's one of them in almost every Abyssal map.

Uhhhhhh two hours before it's to expire clear, no video just explaining. Ophelia, Nino, Celica, and LegAzura all +10.

Basically, Ophelia was there to take out Altina. Now you may be thinking "But Altina is able to absorb a Blazing Wind and attack from Ophelia!". Well yes she does, but she can't take TWO Blazing Winds and an attack.

Otherwise it was a big game of killing everyone in one round of combat while also keeping Altina close to the Green Fafnir she's such good buddies with. And thus, her friend was her downfall.