December Legendary/Mythic Speculation: All Bets Are Off

daisy jane

I think we can all agree that with Altina being added as a Mythic Hero (something that surprised everyone), that predicting just got a whole lot more interesting because theoretically Legendaries can also be NPCs who are "legends" in their time (imean the difference is what, exactly?)

Here are the next few months in advance

image0.jpg
photo credit to the guy on reddit. still didn't fix Julia though

Red's Candidates
none as Red is Legend/Mythic locked
No Picnic Flora,

(Flora being on the Double seasonal Banner, means she'll be skipped, and we will probably see Summer Helbindi + Bride Sigrun sharing with Legendary Eliwood in January) 

Blue's Candidates
Picnic Lukas (finishing up that banner) - the Double Special Heroes basically confirms we're seeing Lukas on this banner. 
Fallen Berkut (if they skip him, which they might - this might be Brave Eliwood or they'll go totally nuts and give us Summer Lagejarn). 
Peony is the third unit - confirmed by IntSys. 

(my belief is Berkut has been skipped, meaning Dimitri (theoretically) would be the next Blue 5* followed by Petra and then Sirius). 

Green's Candidates:
I am fairly certain because Gunnthra was moved from December to February that the Legendary hero will be in fact green. 
It might be an Axe (maybe Xander? Camilla?) I am not that strong enough in FE History to even contemplate a guess.
And since we're in Summer, seasonal wise - this is where Brazen atk/spd 4 aka Wolt will be there. 

Colourless's Candidates
There could be an off chance that the hero could be colourless (Healer? Finally? - Please no, I begged for Azura to share with Julia and she is). 
but Grima + Eir i think make that pool kinda strong. 
Unless they wanna be strange here - it should be Ursula (unless they skip her for Claude/Brave Cammy for some reason). 
I am going to go with Brave Camilla (if they wanna skip Claude - but it should be Claude sharing with Grima + Eir,  Ursula being skipped due to the seasonal Banner). 

I asked for a Miracle that Julia wouldn't share with Tiki or Naga or Fjorm and shes actually sharing with Azura and Alm's in Feb too so i have to skip some goodies (boo)
but what are your guys thoughts/ideas/plans?

Is the Hero Green/Colourless
movement type? Let's have at it!

Edited by daisy jane
(edited it for new information) 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the legendary hero is green this month... I'm not sure. If it was a mythic (and IS could still give us a mythic instead of a legendary if they really wanted to) I'd say it's Hel. Her story's over, which means we should be able to summon her at some point here. Lif not yet being summonable makes some sense since his tale isn't up yet. He may be reappearing in the narrative alongside Thorr and Alfathor. Of course, Loki's summonable in two forms at least, and neither are mythic so... I dunno. IS does what IS wants to. Maybe we'll get Soan as a green beast?

I don't know, but if Wolt is in the green pool, I may have to pull for him. I keep wanting him, even though I never played his game. I should put him on a team with Rolf and Gordin...

I'm sticking with my prediction that this will be similar to December 2018 in starting a new book and giving us both a new legendary and a new mythic as a result. Which is a packed banner, but no more so than February.

• Red: Legendary Ike, Legendary Roy, Hrid
  • Blue: Naga, Picnic Lukas, Bridal Tanith/Pent
  • Green: Thrasir, Summer Wolt, Mila/Seiros
  • Colorless: Legendary Robin, Eir, New Legendary OC

I'm also guessing that the free legendary will be Fire/Spd, since a free story legendary is a good chance to fill one of the two missing spots on the legendary chart without having it replace a normal monthly Pair Up legendary. (The other missing one is Earth/Res, but the current legendary cycle has Earth, Wind, and Water already filled, so the next one should be Fire.) Meanwhile the mythic should be Light, probably Light/Spd. Having both the legendary and the mythic share stat boosts shouldn't be an issue, since Eir and Azura were the two released in the same month last year and they both boosted Res.

It's also possible that they'll do a free legendary but not have it count towards the legendary vs mythic pattern, so we get two legendaries instead. In that case, I still think one will be green and the other will be colorless, based on the color slots available.

I kinda want to shoot out about this, after considering the situation with seasonals in the general thread.

Next month I could see both seasonals being Blue honestly, we're way behind with them and Lukas and one of the bridal units could easily happen. The next legendary's likely green, with the suggestion of Xander and Camilla making sense, but who really knows? (Intern-kun, we need him to leak it!) With all that in mind, I'd have to see what green and blue are like. I'm not pulling for Roy with the others as is because the blue and green legendaries are higher priority personally.

January certainly has Flora and Sigrun, there's no way that they's shaft Red seasonals forever right? As for blue, I'm calling it that if both seasonals appeared in December that we'll get the other blue bridal unit here leaving the other two colours to pick two other units and the mythic. I also don't have Yune or Hector (I sacrificed him to Wendy), so I'd likely go for Green if anything.

February is just legendarily stacked, with 10 total. Least the only colour I'd be really going for is Blue based on that, especially if I'm right and blue ends up adding Summer!Laegjarn as well. But that's all speculation, what with there being three slots for units left anything goes imo.

March is where we get wondering and Tiki is stuck with Fjorm sadly, which does not help in trying to get her. Altina's also here and I'm curious who'll join her, I suspect that at least one summer seasonal will be with her and trying to predict the others is a crapshoot nowadays.

Ryoma's all alone there in April. We'll see soon enough who gets to be there with him.

Honestly, I'm going to call it that regular 5* exclusive units (especially in Red/Blue at this rate) will start not showing up on these banners with all the legends and myths now, alongside the seasonals that are still left (6 Red, 7 Blue, 3 each Green/Colourless). Also with Altina appearing trying to predict what will appear as our legendary/mythic when is also never easy now.

Edited by Dayni

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'm also guessing that the free legendary will be Fire/Spd

I'm hoping we get the Light Mythic as a freebie personally, but with Pair Up Legends completely outclassing the simple stat boost ones I agree that this would be an easy way to offload the two of those we have left.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Having a dude would be nice for Book 4. We've done the princess thing two books in a row now.

Something something, waifu appeal something. I guess miracles can happen though. Honestly, I'd just be happy to get someone interesting regardless of gender.

23 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm hoping we get the Light Mythic as a freebie personally, but with Pair Up Legends completely outclassing the simple stat boost ones I agree that this would be an easy way to offload the two of those we have left.

I feel like they wouldn't want to make both of our first two Light mythics be freebies. It feels redundant while still giving something that would otherwise be a good incentive to pull for, which is the opposite of how they want to handle their free stuff.

Looking at the legendary/mythic rerun chart (7 in December, 6 in January, 9 in February), January might be a better place to get both a legendary and mythic hero at once. That'd mean delaying Book 4 until the start of the new year, but it'd give a chance to do something else with the December New Heroes banner, like Farfetched or OCs. Either of which they could have just done for the late November New Heroes banner and used the new FE6 banner in December alongside the start of Book 4, so I don't know why they'd want to do it that way, but it's possible. (In that case, I'd expect a Fire Pair Up legendary at the end of December, then an Earth/Res legendary alongside the start of Book 4 in early January and a Light mythic at the end of January.)

Well, if we get a newspost regarding weapon refines or other update features in the next few days, that should help clarify things one way or the other.

Hey, you stole my thread that I totally didn't steal from @Johann. JK. Anyways, well uh, I guess at this point who the Legendary/Mythic Hero can be really is unpredictable at this point.

I'm guessing the Legendary will be Fire element because it will be fire season in December. As for the color they can be blue, green or colorless. I kind of want to guess and say the Legendary will be Celica because she thematically fits the Fire element If she comes with Seraphim she could be blue or green or if you want to stretch it be green and wield Celica's Gale but really I would like to see a Celica alt that isn't red and this looks like a good opportunity for it. Not to mention she will come with her Regain outfit. But really it could be anyone but I am going to assume green is going to be the color for the Legendary this month. Green candidates that I can think of are Xander with Bolverk, Edelgard (probably still too soon for her), Book 4 OC (probably unlikely since I am predicting the Book 4 OC is going to be a Duo Hero released on a Hero Fest banner when Book 4 launches) and again Celica with a green tome. While I am at it blue candidates are Chrom with a lance, Dimitri and Celica again. Colorless candidates are Elincia and Micaiah (both as staff units) and Claude.

As for the other units on the banner I think we will see P!Lukas and one of BB!Pent/BB!Tanith for blue, S!Wolt for green and S!Ursula for colorless.

So this is what I am thinking...

• Red: L!Ike, L!Roy, Hrid
  • Blue: Naga, P!Lukas, BB!Pent/BB!Tanith
  • Green: Thrasir, S!Wolt, New Legendary
  • Colorless: L!Robin, Eir, S!Ursula

So it really didn't change from the preliminary guess I made on the other thread.

On a unrelated note it looks like H!L'Arachel is coming on the January or February banner but looking at who the other green units are for that month I think I would rather wait till next year to try for her. I don't really want to get pitybroken by Yune, Lyn or Gunnthra.

Edited by NSSKG151

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Having a dude would be nice for Book 4. We've done the princess thing two books in a row now.

This I agree with. More male OCs please. And I don't mean villains like Surtr and Helbindi either. More good guy ones. The only good guy male OC we got after Alfonse was Hrid. Bruno/Zacharias is more anti-hero or something, and his normal version isn't playable yet.

Edited by Anacybele

Thinking about my upcoming summoning plans:

• December: I already have all the reruns other than Roy and Thrasir, so red and colorless are out, and I don't care much about any of the upcoming blue seasonals. I'll pull green if someone else cool shows up alongside Thrasir, though.
  • January: I have all the reruns except Eliwood, so blue and green are out. Flora is likely to be here, so I'll probably pull red until I get either her or Eliwood. Colorless is up in the air.
  • February: I'm missing Eirika, Sothis, Julia, and Alm, and any of those would be pretty fun. Won't be pulling green, but may end up pulling blue and/or colorless if anything else cool shows up in them. I'll probably do some pulling for red, but not start sessions just for it if I don't have anything else I'm looking for.

I'm not going to bother guessing who the legendary is. (Please don't be fucking Xander or Corrin though.)

That said, my guesses for the seasonal units showing up on this banner are Picnic Lukas, one of Groom Pent or Bride Tanith, and one of Summer Wolt or Summer Ursula.

Yes, it's a bit of an odd bunch of guesses, but aside from October putting both Spring Palla and Valentine's Ike in, I was surprisingly not off-base. Even guessed Fjorm, Gunnthra, and Laevatein for this month too.

While it's possible that they might do four seasonal units again, I feel like October was an exception because red was so backlogged. I'd also be surprised if they ran both Summer Wolt and Summer Ursula at the same time because blue's starting to get backlogged, and if they put both of the summer units on colorless and green then those colors will be far too ahead.

I could see Edelgard being next month's Legendary Hero, in her post time skip outfit. Three Houses is still the game with the biggest focus in the community, being the latest entry and a very long game. They could really take advantage of it.

I don't think Three Houses lords should be legendaries yet at this point.

The game's still pretty new. There are still people who haven't played the game or finished all the paths, which means that there will be a lot of spoiler-y things that they don't know that IS will surely want to make certain characters talk about.

So releasing legendary TH lords too early means either a bunch of people who play Heroes but haven't finished a certain path in TH or haven't gotten to play it yet will get ~SURPRISE~ spoiled on something they didn't want to, or that the legendary can't talk about interesting things and end up being dull as a result.

I knew backstory characters would have been added one day, but I thought it was going to start late next year. With Altina in the game, the list of potential candidates have risen quite greatly. Hell, I bet the actual Lif and whatever the founder of Embla was called will be added as well

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The game's still pretty new. There are still people who haven't played the game or finished all the paths, which means that there will be a lot of spoiler-y things that they don't know that IS will surely want to make certain characters talk about.

So releasing legendary TH lords too early means either a bunch of people who play Heroes but haven't finished a certain path in TH or haven't gotten to play it yet will get ~SURPRISE~ spoiled on something they didn't want to, or that the legendary can't talk about interesting things and end up being dull as a result.

I think that with the 3H lords they could do interesting characters even if they didn't spoil things. For example, no matter which route you choose, you know what Edelgard does and why... In Crimson Flower things are explained even further, but even the other three routes give a good representation of Edelgard...

Assuming green...

Among axes, the likely candidates are

• Xander with Bolverk: He's the last of the non-Corrin Fates important people, and we seriously need more cavalry axes in the game.
  • Edelgard with something or another: I don't think they'll be adding any of the post-timeskip Three Houses characters in for at least another few months.
  • Chrome with an original weapon: Like Lucina, I think Chrom would get an original weapon as a Legendary Hero.

I don't think Camilla has a chance to be added as a Legendary Hero. Popular, sure, but doesn't fit the theme at all. Plus, we already have a queen Camilla alt.

Among potential tome users, we have

• Celica: I'd expect her to be more likely blue with Seraphim.
  • Micaiah: We just got Brave Micaiah as queen of Daein with a green tome, so I doubt a Legendary Micaiah would get a green tome. I personally think she's more likely to have a staff.

Julius is more likely to be Mythic and also more likely to be a dragon than a tome user.

Larchel is a huge stretch, but I'd expect her with a staff instead of a tome. Lyon can potentially qualify for Mythic, but either way could be any color of beast. Red is most likely as a "dark" option, but green and colorless are also fairly likely.

Personally, I'd put my bet on Xander, but Chrom is still a possibility (especially if they want another pair up unit). If they want to surprise us, there's Lyon.

Also holy shit we have a full house in February.

3 hours ago, Yukiko said:

For example, no matter which route you choose, you know what Edelgard does and why...

Those of us who haven't played the game yet haven't chosen a route and therefore don't know what Edelgard does or why.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I don't see why Altina stops the next Hero being Legendary as per usual, but I would gladly welcome a Mythic Lyon, as @Ice Dragon said. As for Legendaries, I'd like to see a Staff Micaiah or Elincia, but with two Colorless Heroes already there I don't see them adding a third (unless something like this has happened before). If it's Green, it's probably a 3DS rep.

I would like Male Corrin as a Staff unit, with his Hoshido Noble outfit, but I also believe it's green... Hm...

I liked @Ice Dragon ideas, esspecially his Xander idea. Celica with Seraphim would also be interesting.

Also, next Legendary Hero is Fire Blessing.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Considering there’s hardly any 3H content at this point, it’s clear they want to hold on spoilers. Having legendary characters from that game will inevitably give spoilers

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assuming green...

Among axes, the likely candidates are

• Xander with Bolverk: He's the last of the non-Corrin Fates important people, and we seriously need more cavalry axes in the game.
  • Edelgard with something or another: I don't think they'll be adding any of the post-timeskip Three Houses characters in for at least another few months.
  • Chrome with an original weapon: Like Lucina, I think Chrom would get an original weapon as a Legendary Hero.

I don't think Camilla has a chance to be added as a Legendary Hero. Popular, sure, but doesn't fit the theme at all. Plus, we already have a queen Camilla alt.

Among potential tome users, we have

• Celica: I'd expect her to be more likely blue with Seraphim.
  • Micaiah: We just got Brave Micaiah as queen of Daein with a green tome, so I doubt a Legendary Micaiah would get a green tome. I personally think she's more likely to have a staff.

Julius is more likely to be Mythic and also more likely to be a dragon than a tome user.

Larchel is a huge stretch, but I'd expect her with a staff instead of a tome. Lyon can potentially qualify for Mythic, but either way could be any color of beast. Red is most likely as a "dark" option, but green and colorless are also fairly likely.

Personally, I'd put my bet on Xander, but Chrom is still a possibility (especially if they want another pair up unit). If they want to surprise us, there's Lyon.

Also holy shit we have a full house in February.

Those of us who haven't played the game yet haven't chosen a route and therefore don't know what Edelgard does or why.

Xander or Chrom does sound pretty likely, looking at it that way. Chrom also has the possibility of being axe cavalry - he's already had a sword cavalry version, and it'd help differentiate from his other axe versions if they care. (Seems like they often don't, though.)

As things are, I'd expect a legendary Chrom to come before legendary Xander. He's a more major character, his last alt was longer ago, and Fates got a legendary more recently than Awakening. He also seems like a better fit for Fire. 

If anything is on the table, how about Legendary Elice? Aum is special enough, I think, and both her and a healer Legendary are overdue.

If it’s the Book 4 OC, I’m going to guess it’ll be a beast. Green on the basis of Gunnthra being moved.

43 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Considering there’s hardly any 3H content at this point, it’s clear they want to hold on spoilers. Having legendary characters from that game will inevitably give spoilers

I mean

I've literally said this over and over again in a lot of Three Houses-related threads, so I don't know why you're telling me this.

2 hours ago, Midnox said:

They don't care about spoilers. Even Death Knight's damaged art has a bit of his hair shown which is huge clue to his identity . It's just it takes time to plan and make a  banner. Last year Beyond Darkness banner is already planned at early November, Brave banner comes at August despite the voting was in February, safe to say usually banners are made and planned 6 months ahead. They even fear the switch will flop, so likely they fear 3H will flop and haven't planned much 3H banners yet. January or february is when we can expect more 3H content as they would have analyzed which 3H units are fan faves at that time.

57 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

They don't care about spoilers. Even Death Knight's damaged art has a bit of his hair shown which is huge clue to his identity . It's just it takes time to plan and make a  banner. Last year Beyond Darkness banner is already planned at early November, Brave banner comes at August despite the voting was in February, safe to say usually banners are made and planned 6 months ahead. They even fear the switch will flop, so likely they fear 3H will flop and haven't planned much 3H banners yet. January or february is when we can expect more 3H content as they would have analyzed which 3H units are fan faves at that time.

To be fair, the big spoiler about Death Knight's identity isn't exactly that, though is connected.

Edited by Troykv