I'm reaching a point where I don't want to even look at this game anymore...

Faellin

2 and a half months straight of nothing remotely good showing up.

350 orbs spent on this mythic banner saved up over the past 2 months or so. And absolutely nothing to show for it. And its not a case of me trying to aim for 1 specific character, I would be literally fine with anything from red this banner. Reaching the 16% pity rate on this mythic banner and still nothing is showing up! Again, i'd be fine with LITERALLY ANYTHING FROM RED.

Combined with having poor luck for about 2-3 months straight on every other banner during that time. Getting absolutely 0 good summons that entire period. I'm reaching a point where i'm about ready to throw this phone at a wall with how pissed off i'm getting at the game. Not a single 5 star drop for several months...

I've been hovering over the delete account button for a few hours now, and ready to uninstall permanently with how things are going. Only reason I haven't done so yet is my love for the series. But this unnatural streak is just breaking my will to even want to look at it.

Sorry for the rant. But i'm just seriously annoyed with the game lately...

Edited by Faellin

I reckon it'd be a good time to take a break and maybe see what's announced for the 3rd anniversary in February. Not that the 2nd anniversary brought many changes, but it's probably the earliest point that anything could happen to revive your flagging interest.

33 minutes ago, Faellin said:

350 orbs spent on this mythic banner saved up over the past 2 months or so. And absolutely nothing to show for it. And its not a case of me trying to aim for 1 specific character, I would be literally fine with anything from red this banner. Reaching the 16% pity rate on this mythic banner and still nothing is showing up! Again, i'd be fine with LITERALLY ANYTHING FROM RED.

16% pity rate sounds like a record to me, so you can take a screenshot and brag about it. But yeah, it still sucks though.

29 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Combined with having poor luck for about 2-3 months straight on every other banner during that time. Getting absolutely 0 good summons that entire period. I'm reaching a point where i'm about ready to throw this phone at a wall with how pissed off i'm getting at the game. Not a single 5 star drop for several months...

If you are spending 20-40 Orbs everytime you reach that amount, the chances of summoning a 5* would be lower than if you saved up and summoned from just one Focus to take advantage of the pity rate mechanic.

I might be wrong, but haven't everyone been there?

I'm still quite there where the game is on hold for me. I came back to try my luck with the binding blade banner after a few months, then I realized why I have problems with the gacha system in my Fire Emblem games.

I am truly sorry about your bad luck the last few months. Everyone has had some stretches where the game has absolutely kicked them in their teeth. I know when i've been there i've ranted and shook my fist, because i don't think it should be that difficult to get something  but then for me I also tried to focus on other things in the game that I could do. i would try to work on units i could build (with budget skills), I would look at modes in the game i wasn't good at and try to get better at them.Basically tried to shift from focus from summoning. It is a big part of the game, I will admit and there could be some good ole changes done to it. 

If you really feel you want to delete the game, then i would just take a small break and see if you end up missing it or what not. if you don't - then you're good. if you do then just try to remember and just hold on to the idea that your luck will turn. or at least be steady. 

Uninstall it. You should only be playing this game (and any game for that matter) if it brings you happiness (or at the very least profit). If this is your reaction, then ditch it. Your life will not seriously be negatively effected.

I don't look at this game much anymore either. Since I auto battle everything. A few idle tap tap taps and I'm good throughout the month. If you treat the game less personally, maybe you'd take the losses less personally.

Edited by Glennstavos

I think its time to move on. Its reaching a point where i'm actually attacking the phone out of just how annoyed and frustrated I am with the game. I think its best to just walk away permanently at this point.

16 minutes ago, Faellin said:

I think its the highest rate you can possibly get on legendary / mythic banners.

According to the game, if you pull 120 characters on any banner and get no 5*s (thus raising the rate by 12%), the rate becomes 100% and you get a circle with all 5*s. However, I don't think there's any recorded footage of anyone reaching that.

I know there's a coded limitation for pity rate but there's also the statistical impossibility of it ever raising up to 16% even if it were theoritically allowed.

Highest I got mine was at 10.5% starting at 8%. I remember that well because it was so weird I jotted it down. I was trying and failing miserably to get Sothis and while I was wasting tons of orbs on that banner I got 3 free pull 5* units from the tons of repeat banners we had from summer celebrations. 

I still don't have Sothis. Trying to get her and Altina now. 

Edited by Vince777

6 hours ago, Faellin said:

I think its the highest rate you can possibly get on legendary / mythic banners.

19.5% is the highest you can get it before it jumps up to 100% for the next session.

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

I know there's a coded limitation for pity rate but there's also the statistical impossibility of it ever raising up to 16% even if it were theoritically allowed.

Your chances of actually getting to 19.5% are 1 in 11-19 million (assuming you end your last summoning session immediately when the summon rate changes). Your chances of getting to 100% on a Legendary/Mythic Hero banner are 1 in 33-56 million. (The range comes from the fact that if you summon past when the summon rate changes, you can make up to 4 more summons at a lower 5-star summoning rate, making it slightly harder to get a 5-star and slightly easier to not reset the pity rate.)

That's actually within the bounds of feasibility.

If there are 1,000 whales pulling for 10 copies of every new Legendary/Mythic Hero on their release Legendary/Mythic Hero banner (excluding Eir, who was on a Hero Fest banner), then the probability that someone somewhere has reached 100% on a Legendary/Mythic Hero banner is about 1 in 1,500. Which is low, but definitely not statistically impossible.

Reaching 16% is actually only 1 in 16,000-23,000, which is pretty reasonable to happen.

20 hours ago, Faellin said:

Sorry for the rant. But i'm just seriously annoyed with the game lately...

Take a break if you need it. Uninstall the game if you need to. Don't delete your account unless you're absolutely certain you want to be done with this game forever and won't regret it later (the initial asset download when reinstalling the game can be enough of a deterrent to get back into the game if you need a deterrent).

We all need to vent now and then.

That's fair. If the game isn't fun for you, then feel free to drop it.

Just don't delete your account. Uninstall the game, sure, but keep the account around just in case you ever decide to pick it up again. 

I agree with the others who say uninstall but don't delete the account. But I am cautious like that.

As for Pity rates I am thinking that they should have done the max cap differently. Pushing that high causes so much frustration that I wouldn't be surprised if it drives people away. They would be better off with a lower cutoff but different rules on what happens when the cutoff hits. Given that they have given out 5 star limited units with the 75dollar orb pack I would probably just set it so that if you hit double that you get to pick one of the focuses just like with the free brave heroes and the ilk. That would basically be a 15% rate on legendaries. So it isn't like they would be losing much since that is rather rare to hit. I think I have only hit it once. And that is a maybe because I don't recall if it broke at 14.5 or if it actually hit 15. The real cost would be programming it in. So you would have to determine if it were worth the programming cost.

Though even if I did do it I would probably role it out slowly just so I can observe the revenue impact. My gut says it wouldn't be terrible, but my gut has been wrong before. So probably 'trial' it on a 'special' legendary type banner. Maybe as a special anniversary banner. That way you aren't locking yourself into it and that would be an interesting way to have all the mythics/legendaries available during roughly the same time. Wait. We still have too many reds for that. So someone would be left out. But point is if it doesn't hit the bottom line hard it can be well worth it to limit player frustration.

How about changing how pity breaks work - instead of wiping it out once you get a 5-star unit, your 5-star rate drops by 1%, with the minimum being the starting rate obviously. Keeping people summoning once they've hit a high rate once is probably good for revenue anyway.

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

How about changing how pity breaks work - instead of wiping it out once you get a 5-star unit, your 5-star rate drops by 1%, with the minimum being the starting rate obviously. Keeping people summoning once they've hit a high rate once is probably good for revenue anyway.

I think that's a really good idea. I know when I get high enough pity rate, once I get that 5* I stop summoning. I'd probably keep dropping orbs if I still had a decent pity rate at that point (even though it's kinda dumb, it's psychological). I bet they'd get an increase in revenue f they implemented it like that.  

Yesterday I had a 10.5% rate and ended up getting a Fjorm because I was sniping blue. I was bummed because I really wanted a L!Tiki (I'd even be happier with a L!Julia even though I already got 3 on this banner). If my rate didn't drop down to 8% I might have kept going a bit longer.

19 hours ago, Usana said:

As for Pity rates I am thinking that they should have done the max cap differently. Pushing that high causes so much frustration that I wouldn't be surprised if it drives people away.

The entire point of setting the cap that high is that players should almost never actually reach it, but the cap and the ever-increasing 5-star summon rate prevents the even more frustrating case where a player simply goes hundreds upon hundreds of pulls without a single 5-star summon.

Note that almost no gacha games or loot boxes in existence have a "pity rate" mechanic to begin with at all even.

17 hours ago, Humanoid said:

They should simply reset the standard 5-star summon rate without resetting the focus rate if you pull something from the standard pool and not the focus pool. That would be simple and easy to understand and fully alleviates the frustration from being "pitybroken".

Edited by Ice Dragon

Anybody who likes playing this game isnt sane anyway, so if you feel like deleting the game it's completely understandable 😁

But if you have anything really OP... like +10s and stuff... you should keep playing!

Dont let your hard work go to waste ~ I took a break a few times because of lost interest.

I actually didnt get a 5 star for a month when I first started playing this game.

Edited by Arcanite

53 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Anybody who likes playing this game isnt sane anyway, so if you feel like deleting the game it's completely understandable 😁

But if you have anything really OP... like +10s and stuff... you should keep playing!

Dont let your hard work go to waste ~ I took a break a few times because of lost interest.

I actually didnt get a 5 star for a month when I first started playing this game.

This is terrible reasoning. Decide what games to play based on the current enjoyment they're bringing you now, not based on sunk costs in the past.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

This is terrible reasoning. Decide what games to play based on the current enjoyment they're bringing you now, not based on sunk costs in the past.

I... was only trying to encourage a fellow player. People usually merge and +10 characters they like so I was just saying to stay in the fight for 'em!

😕

The motivation to keep your account if you're unhappy with IS is to spite them by wasting their hard drive space. 😛

(Never mind that they probably keep your account data anyway, let's pretend it matters)

I picked up the game to see what's going on lately, got back to orb gathering and went for summoning on the Igrene banner... and I just came to the conclusion that gacha games are stupid.

For me, it seems like all I do with this is just doing daily chores, rinse and repeat, no brain auto battles, and if I want to get a single copy of my favorite units: do that for a couple of months, wait for the focus banner, get lucky, or get frustrated. If you don't care about the characters, great. But this is Fire Emblem, I know the history, I know who I want, and when I was new to the game, I thought it'd be a fun thing to build squads that I couldn't before. Could be great if they make some game modes where you can get your squad outside of summoning from an already bloated 5* pool, and I'm not talking about units exclusive to other modes like tempest trials and GHB - I hope for a game mode where I can get units from the summoning pool.

Still a better approach than the majority of the mobile games, but it still feels like just a waste of my time.

11 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I... was only trying to encourage a fellow player. People usually merge and +10 characters they like so I was just saying to stay in the fight for 'em!

😕

The problem is that it's the sort of perspective that feeds into addictive behaviors where people feel compelled to keep playing indefinitely even if they aren't enjoying it. OP seems to be struggling with that, so pushing it more is counterproductive.