I'm reaching a point where I don't want to even look at this game anymore...

Faellin

4 hours ago, Garlyle said:

no brain auto battles

That is not going to fly for Aether Raids and Abyssal though. I think there is enough to do everyday already, so I do not see a point in adding more battles where I need to use my brain, and Aether Raids uses up a lot of brain juice.

4 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Could be great if they make some game modes where you can get your squad outside of summoning from an already bloated 5* pool, and I'm not talking about units exclusive to other modes like tempest trials and GHB - I hope for a game mode where I can get units from the summoning pool.

We have quests that give out 5* exclusive units, although those are very rare and they choose who the 5* units are.

If you want a way to choose which unit you get, I do not think they will ever make it free outside of Choose Your Legends and maybe one or two more additional Foci annually if they are feeling generous. They will probably charge somewhere between $25 and $75 to a buy a single copy of a new unit, probably closer to $75 based on how they have done it in the past with Special Orb Packs, but they may charge higher too or else it will make collecting way too cheap. I do not think they will ever make collecting as easy or affordable as people want it to be.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

We have quests that give out 5* exclusive units, although those are very rare and they choose who the 5* units are.

If you want a way to choose which unit you get, I do not think they will ever make it free outside of Choose Your Legends and maybe one or two more additional Foci annually if they are feeling generous. They will probably charge somewhere between $25 and $75 to a buy a single copy of a new unit, probably closer to $75 based on how they have done it in the past with Special Orb Packs, but they may charge higher too or else it will make collecting way too cheap. I do not think they will ever make collecting as easy or affordable as people want it to be.

Story mode and Heroes' Path has a few 5* units, which is more like a helping hand for players to get through the other contents of the game. That's nice. But from limited time quests where you get units, those are usually 3* units, who are needed for other quests to finish in the same batch, and they are usually units who you already have - unless you want them for your builds, they are pretty much pointless. Most of the characters are still locked behind the 5* pool wall, and your best chance to get those characters is whenever they get a focus banner - for which you might have to wait for 1-2 years sometimes. The other problem with this is that instead of getting interesting characters, you are summoning unwanted units from the 3-4* pool, like a mage with a tummy cutout or a gay archer. Worst case scenario really, but it happens way too often.

I'd have proposed a different idea. Like explore some worlds of the Fire Emblem games on some maps(with various challenges), and on the way you can pick up some items which are hard to come by: Sacred Coins, Divine Dew, Orbs and maybe at some checkpoints a choice between 4 rare heroes. Could help beginners, simple fun idea, but probably too much in the eyes of IntSys.

2 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I'd have proposed a different idea. Like explore some worlds of the Fire Emblem games on some maps(with various challenges), and on the way you can pick up some items which are hard to come by: Sacred Coins, Divine Dew, Orbs and maybe at some checkpoints a choice between 4 rare heroes. Could help beginners, simple fun idea, but probably too much in the eyes of IntSys.

That is not going to happen unless players pay for it, and most players rather pay for characters than pay for maps.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

That is not going to fly for Aether Raids and Abyssal though. I think there is enough to do everyday already, so I do not see a point in adding more battles where I need to use my brain, and Aether Raids uses up a lot of brain juice.

Yeah, I'm also satisfied with the amount of serious battles. Aether Raids making it possible to use double stamina made me start taking it seriously again because I could actually keep up with it.

I'm also satisfied with my ability to snipe units I want. A bit of patience and restraint goes a long way.

6 hours ago, Garlyle said:

I picked up the game to see what's going on lately, got back to orb gathering and went for summoning on the Igrene banner... and I just came to the conclusion that gacha games are stupid.

I realized this when they added the 4th Camilla alt

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

I realized this when they added the 4th Camilla alt

I am waiting for the eighth one for Camilla Gauntlet.