[FE11] H5: Extremely Belated Shadow Dragon Ten Year Anniversary Draft!

Sturm

So, yeah, I planned on making this about a year ago but then, you know, life gets in the way. Anyway I feel like playing some FE so I guess we can call this eleven year anniversary draft instead. 🤷‍♂️ 

Using Finalinsanity's H4 draft rules as a basis with a few changes.

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 4 players.
  2. Marth, Jagen, Shiida, Jake, Xane and Nagi/Gotoh are free for all to use.
  3. Shiida is free for everyone until after chapter 12 and is banned for everyone thereafter.
  4. The game will be played on Hard 5 (Merciless), using the Updated Gaiden Requirements Removal patch found here: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3962/ (This fixes the issue with Ymir's movement, he now moves as an enemy).  Use this if you have issues patching: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/704/ and remember to untick the checksum thing in the gear icon.
  5. Arran and Samson will be drafted as a pair.
  6. Beck is banned from drafting ( I assume no one is going to prefer him instead of Jake).

Rules:

1. You may only deploy free and drafted units. Units required to recruit another unit and force deployed units may be deployed, trade, shop and be attacked without countering, but may not do anything else.
  2. Forging is allowed with no restrictions.
  3. You are free to reclass undrafted units to whatever you want.
  4. Marth may not Seize the throne in Chapter 19 before Turn 5.
  5. Usage of the Wi-Fi Shop, and of the Warp staff, is strictly prohibited.

Extra:

1. One undrafted unit is free for Chapter 1.
  2. Wrys is free for Chapters 1-3.
  3. Ogma is allowed to attack the boss in Chapters 2 and 3, he may not attack any other units.

Penalties:

1.  Deploying undrafted units is a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Units Remaining:

Spoiler

Participants:

1. Sturm: Barst, Sedgar, Athena, Boah, Midia, Catria, Etzel, Radd, Astram, Caesar, Maria, Minerva.
  2. General Horace: Abel, Hardin, Castor, Merric, Wrys, Draug, Horace, Roger, Darros, Roshea, Est, Arran/Samson.
  3. Carmine Sword: Cain, Ogma, Wolf, Cord, Lena, Rickard, Matthis, Elice, Lorenz, Macellan, Jeorge, Linde.
  4. Jimmy Beans: Bord, Wendell, Palla, Jillian, Vyland, Navarre, Gordin, Tiki, Dolph, Ymir, Tomas, Bantu.

Edited by Sturm

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll Join. But I've never done one of these before, is it just an LTC competition with units we pick?

Also

6 hours ago, Sturm said:

Marth may not Seize the throne in Chapter 19 before Turn 5.

Why on Chapter 19 if you don't mind me asking? Is it so everyone has time to get the gold and spheres?

3 hours ago, JimmyBeans said:

Why on Chapter 19 if you don't mind me asking? Is it so everyone has time to get the gold and spheres?

There is a glitch in the PAL version of the game that makes it so Marth doesn't take any movement penalty when moving onto a throne. This means that people playing the PAL version can finish Chapter 19 in 4 turns by full-moving Marth every turn, but people with the NTSC version wouldn't be able to do this, so the rule is to prevent people playing ont he PAL version from having an unfair advantage over anyone else.

15 hours ago, Carmine Sword said:

There is a glitch in the PAL version of the game that makes it so Marth doesn't take any movement penalty when moving onto a throne. This means that people playing the PAL version can finish Chapter 19 in 4 turns by full-moving Marth every turn, but people with the NTSC version wouldn't be able to do this, so the rule is to prevent people playing ont he PAL version from having an unfair advantage over anyone else.

I see, Thank you.

On 12/2/2019 at 2:28 AM, JimmyBeans said:

I'll Join. But I've never done one of these before, is it just an LTC competition with units we pick?

Yes, pretty much exactly that, we take turns to pick units and then you play through using just the units you've selected with the aim being to get the lowest turn count.

Also I forgot to add it in the rules, it's snake order drafting but I've decided to make it so that the third round doesn't reverse so the person who picks last in the first round gets first pick in rounds two and three instead of just every even round as I think that will help to balance the picking order a bit better than just straight snake order.

So pick order will be: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4...and so on.

9 hours ago, Sturm said:

Yes, pretty much exactly that, we take turns to pick units and then you play through using just the units you've selected with the aim being to get the lowest turn count.

Also I forgot to add it in the rules, it's snake order drafting but I've decided to make it so that the third round doesn't reverse so the person who picks last in the first round gets first pick in rounds two and three instead of just every even round as I think that will help to balance the picking order a bit better than just straight snake order.

So pick order will be: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4...and so on.

Well awesome, I'm excited to play my first draft, I hope we can get one more.

OK, let's do this! And the order is...

Capture.PNG.cfa7ca7bffa96c8c025abbb1da6dbbc0.PNG

I shall take the mighty hatchet, the woodcutter of Talys Cord Barst!

6 hours ago, General Horace said:

Any reason Caeda is banned after c12 though?  She's already free for her strongest part of the game.

Well, having her be draftable would be way too good for whoever got her and banning her outright would make the early game way too punishing and tedious I think. I was originally going to ban her after chapter 10 because you get your first master seal there which seemed like a good cutoff. Then I thought, well, she needs to recruit Jake in the next map anyway and Chapter 12 is a somewhat tricky map with needing to get the boots and the Sniper from hell etc. so I decided to make the cutoff there.

I think making her free for the whole game would be too over-centralising even though she's strongest in the earlygame, that's how the other draft did it as well. 

@General Horace you're up!

Edited by Sturm

47 minutes ago, General Horace said:

@Sturm you get two picks

On 12/4/2019 at 9:43 PM, Sturm said:

No, I only get one pick now and it goes back to @JimmyBeans.

Sniped, yeah I get two picks at the end of this round and then it's just normal snake order from there.

I just thought it would help to make the pick order a bit fairer, because first/second pick seems to have quite a lot of advantage in most games I've drafted.

Edited by Sturm