Jump to content
Silver-Haired Maiden

Your Favorite Three Houses Characters!

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

My Avatar should pretty much answer it

also Marianne, the other black eagles, and the Golden Deer to a degree(IM LOOKING AT YOU LEONIE). Also all the blue lions except Dimitri and Dedue.

So... your favorite characters are... everyone? lol also geezus why not Dimitri and Dedue...

On that note. Dedue is my favorite character in the game and one of my favorite characters in the whole series. I could write a whole lot on him, but I'll just leave it at that.

Dorothea is also really great. She is one of the only characters who seems sort of grounded in reality. She's not the same heightened sort of anime/cartoonish character that most 3H peeps are. In a world of characters that feel extremely over-the-top and practically unrealistic, it is a breath of fresh air to have someone like Dorothea who actually seems like a down to earth human being. She's not limited by one or two gimmicks/tropes, and while other characters certainly prove to have 'another side' to their main gimmick, Dorothea goes even further. She's more than a 2D character.

Additionally, I really love Linhardt and Sylvain. However, these two don't make it as big as Dorothea and Dedue because of issues I have with the class group "discussions"... if you can call them that. I thought both Sylvain and Lin had amazing supports that really showed the layers of their character, however all of that is just torn apart in the group scenes. Honestly the class dialogue is one of my biggest issues with 3H. Seriously, who did the writing for these sections??? Every single scene follows the same path... the House Leader or 2nd in command (Hubert, Seteth, Dedue...) explains the current happenings in the story and then everyone reacts with extremely unsubtle gimmicky remarks. The dialogue was hardly every even connected to each sequential line... It was just sputtering of tropes and nothing more. Unfortunately, Lin had some of the worst of these. Example: 

"We've got a big fight tomorrow." - House Leader

"Well, at least I'll get to take a nap afterwards." - Linhardt

"I will be doing the winning in the battle tomorrow." - Petra

There's no reactions to each other's lines or anything. It's just "HEY! HERE'S MY MAIN CHARACTERISTIC! REMEMBER THAT?" Ugh it bothers me. Lin was such a good character, soiled in any story event due to cartoonish writing.

Sorry for ranting y'all. I promise I still really enjoyed this game. I'm just super passionate about writing....

Edited by KevinskyHaaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ferdinand, Dorothea, Felix, and Hilda are definitely my favorites. I knew I would probably end up loving Dorothea, Felix, and Hilda before playing, and I didn't care for Ferdie pre-release. However, he's grown the most on me in the entire cast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorites are Sylvain, Edelgard, Marianne and Bernadetta. I like most of the cast but those are my favorites.

Edited by Spectrum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KevinskyHaaz said:

On that note. Dedue is my favorite character in the game and one of my favorite characters in the whole series. I could write a whole lot on him, but I'll just leave it at that.

I would have liked him a lot more had the story not treated him and his race as pointless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Obviously, I can only speak for myself, but here goes:
 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Dimitri was ALMOST a character I could really enjoy. Dark and troubled past? Cool. Hell-bent on revenge for the death of his loved ones? Awesome. I went CF->VW->AM, and I was thinking I might actually come to like all 3 lords.

And then the Flame Emperor reveal happened.

It's one thing to let yourself get spoiled and know an angry rampage is coming; it's another to see it happen. That wasn't an angry rampage, it was a sadistic slaughter. And he just kept so stubbornly chasing after Edelgard, in the face of superior alternative tactics and even common sense. And he thinks everyone else is exactly as vicious as him. No, Dimitri, Randolph swiftly killing enemy combatants in a war is not the same as you ripping his eyes out and slaughtering his friends just to hurt him. I was really annoyed after the battle at Myrrdin, and was asking around about when he snaps out of it. Everyone pointed me towards Rodrigue's death as the big moment. But what's the first thing he did immediately after Rodrigue's death? Try to march to Enbarr alone. I was fed up at that point. I shouted, "You know what? Fine, march your dumb ass to Enbarr, try to fight the entire army, and die, pitifully and alone!"

I remembered when I played VW and got to the scene where he dies. At the time, I thought, "What? He's a main character! You can't have an offscreen death for one of the main characters!" Thinking back on it later, I said, "Nope, fuck it. That animal got what he deserves."

 

 

 

11 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

It might be because of how his entire arc was handled, and how Edelgard was treated in his route.

  Reveal hidden contents

Dude to mistranslations and or just strong effort to avoid talking about lores and such, Edelgard never really explains herself and comes off as more incompetent in Azure Moon. People always pushes the idea that Dimtiri tried to reach out to her twice and she refused him both times, and just hate Edelgard and condemn her. Even moreso when she turns into a Demonic Beast and such.

And Dimitri's arc has... issues. Like, we spend over five chapters/months with him being completely insane that gets some sick sadistic pleasure from wanting to slaughter people he deems guilty and torturing people to death and insists that they are all just like him. Then Rodrigue dies, gets a sad scene, holds hands with Byleth, and then... suddenly just gets better.

I know, I know, his S support reveals that he still does hear voices, but that doesn't change that for the rest of the story, Dimitri is no longer the boar we've been with those five chapters, but just the Dimitri we had known in Part 1 (even if that Dimitri was just a facade). But because of how sudden the change is, it's like... out of nowhere. It treats Dimitri's trauma and PTSD as an on-off switch. I have seen people who made some decent arguments and reasons for why Dimitri was affected by Rodrigue's death, but that doesn't change that to help him get better from his trauma, it required yet another trauma.

And why is Dimitri allowed to become King? Seriously, him admitting that he's not better just pushes the issue that a man with a mental illness is ruling the country. The endings try to preach that he did a good job, but... that's not something that feels earned. If anything, Dimitri really SHOULDN'T have been King. At all.

There's also the issue where some fans make some of the most absurd arguments about Dimitri like saying that "Dimitri created democracy" or that "Dimitri's system has checks and balances" and other such nonsense and then many Dimitri fans tend to nitpick the hell out of Edelgard and her route and endings and feel the need to criticize every aspect of her and why she is wrong and evil. 

 

I can see how Dimitri losing it can rub some people the wrong way, it's just interesting that it almost exclusively seems to be Edelgard's biggest fans.

Now, allow me to view this from another perspective. I actually didn't play Azure Moon first. I played Black Eagles first with every intention of joining Edelgard. Then the reveal happened and I was SO DISGUSTED with her that I stopped playing, deleted the save, and played Azure Moon instead. I didn't go Silver Snow because I wanted my first full playthrough to be with one of the lords. The reveal was not the only reason I did that though, I was growing more disgusted with Edelgard progressively as the game went on, the Flame Emperor was just the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Dimitri never made me feel disgusted to stay and fight with him no matter how much I wanted to punch his teeth in after the time skip, joining Edelgard meanwhile just made me feel nasty. This is a woman who pretended to be your friend and have the good of Fodlan at heart while simultaneously working with the very people trying their damndest to dismantle it. Whether she thinks this way or not, she had a hand in Jeralt's death, in students dying, in Remire village being massacred and that hand was supporting the Agarthans. She never apologizes, never says anything except "it was necessary" and hell no it wasn't.

Now, my rather hateful opinion of her did slowly lessen as I played through the other routes and got to the point I could play CF. I don't hate Edelgard anymore, but it seems rather strange to me that some can't get why people would prefer Dimitri.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Now, allow me to view this from another perspective. I actually didn't play Azure Moon first. I played Black Eagles first with every intention of joining Edelgard. Then the reveal happened and I was SO DISGUSTED with her that I stopped playing, deleted the save, and played Azure Moon instead. I didn't go Silver Snow because I wanted my first full playthrough to be with one of the lords. The reveal was not the only reason I did that though, I was growing more disgusted with Edelgard progressively as the game went on, the Flame Emperor was just the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Dimitri never made me feel disgusted to stay and fight with him no matter how much I wanted to punch his teeth in after the time skip, joining Edelgard meanwhile just made me feel nasty. This is a woman who pretended to be your friend and have the good of Fodlan at heart while simultaneously working with the very people trying their damndest to dismantle it. Whether she thinks this way or not, she had a hand in Jeralt's death, in students dying, in Remire village being massacred and that hand was supporting the Agarthans. She never apologizes, never says anything except "it was necessary" and hell no it wasn't.

Now, my rather hateful opinion of her did slowly lessen as I played through the other routes and got to the point I could play CF. I don't hate Edelgard anymore, but it seems rather strange to me that some can't get why people would prefer Dimitri.

Well, your experience was... extreme. 

But honestly, what exactly would saying "sorry" do? One issue I have with Dimitri is that quite a few people think that him apologizing makes all the things he did back then okay, when really, that's not how it works. 

Since some have not played Crimson Flower, I will keep it in spoilers.

Spoiler

Edelgard is an incredibly selfless character. She fights for the sake of a new dawn in Fodlan, but she wasn't actually pretending to be our friend. 

In fact, you are aware of the lyrics in Edge of Dawn, right? 

The song is literally Edelgard, singing about how she truly cherished those days in the Officers Academy, how she truly did care about everyone as her friends, and how she truly wishes that she could live out those days forever, but her destiny made it so that she had to take up the mantle of the Flame Emperor. 

Hell, if you look at the JP lyrics translated, it's basically a girl calling for help. 

And when you take a look at the Crimson Flower scenes, Edelgard shows more and more how much she cares about others. She's the ONLY lord that actually keeps asking Byleth if he wants to leave or not, that he doesn't have to stay beside her. Byleth is the one assuring her that he had chosen this path of his own will. That's the beauty of Edelgard. She believes in free will and choice. Hence why she never apologizes. Hell, her Part 2 appearance, with the devil horns and bright red outfit, she is literally WEARING her sins and presenting herself as a demon to the world. But that's literally where you realize that she's not the true demon. 

I wrote a thread that even if Edelgard didn't want this war, the war was inevitable. But Edelgard never tries to say that this despite how she could. She could play the victim and say that she's forced to do this, but no. She, in the end, did choose this war, even though it pained her. First thing in Chapter 12 of Crimson Flower is her opening up to you and telling you how she's scared and anxious over how, because of her, a war is going to begin, and how many people are going to die, from soldiers to civilians. And by a single order from HER, war will rage across the continent, and it's all HER fault. 

She accepts her sins.

She accepts herself as the necessary evil. 

But she will believe in the path she chose the entire way.

Hell, her C support with Dorothea even highlights that she isn't sure if history will remember her as a hero or villain. She knows that she could very well be seen as a monster in the end, but still, she would rather believe in her path than live in fear of the unknown. 

I was hurt when I found out about the reveal, but I wasn't disgusted. So when the time came that I had to choose to either kill Edelgard or protect her, I chose to protect her. I believed that she didn't actually do this because she's a bad guy. And I don't regret it after seeing her way through.

And at the end of her route, the song is not Edge of Dawn, but The Color of Sunrise. Because there is not of sadness, but joy. Fodlan is no longer at the "edge of dawn," but rather the "dawn" has finally arrived. 

 

Edited by omegaxis1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well, your experience was... extreme. 

But honestly, what exactly would saying "sorry" do? One issue I have with Dimitri is that quite a few people think that him apologizing makes all the things he did back then okay, when really, that's not how it works. 

Since some have not played Crimson Flower, I will keep it in spoilers.

  Reveal hidden contents

Edelgard is an incredibly selfless character. She fights for the sake of a new dawn in Fodlan, but she wasn't actually pretending to be our friend. 

In fact, you are aware of the lyrics in Edge of Dawn, right? 

The song is literally Edelgard, singing about how she truly cherished those days in the Officers Academy, how she truly did care about everyone as her friends, and how she truly wishes that she could live out those days forever, but her destiny made it so that she had to take up the mantle of the Flame Emperor. 

Hell, if you look at the JP lyrics translated, it's basically a girl calling for help. 

And when you take a look at the Crimson Flower scenes, Edelgard shows more and more how much she cares about others. She's the ONLY lord that actually keeps asking Byleth if he wants to leave or not, that he doesn't have to stay beside her. Byleth is the one assuring her that he had chosen this path of his own will. That's the beauty of Edelgard. She believes in free will and choice. Hence why she never apologizes. Hell, her Part 2 appearance, with the devil horns and bright red outfit, she is literally WEARING her sins and presenting herself as a demon to the world. But that's literally where you realize that she's not the true demon. 

I wrote a thread that even if Edelgard didn't want this war, the war was inevitable. But Edelgard never tries to say that this despite how she could. She could play the victim and say that she's forced to do this, but no. She, in the end, did choose this war, even though it pained her. First thing in Chapter 12 of Crimson Flower is her opening up to you and telling you how she's scared and anxious over how, because of her, a war is going to begin, and how many people are going to die, from soldiers to civilians. And by a single order from HER, war will rage across the continent, and it's all HER fault. 

She accepts her sins.

She accepts herself as the necessary evil. 

But she will believe in the path she chose the entire way.

Hell, her C support with Dorothea even highlights that she isn't sure if history will remember her as a hero or villain. She knows that she could very well be seen as a monster in the end, but still, she would rather believe in her path than live in fear of the unknown. 

I was hurt when I found out about the reveal, but I wasn't disgusted. So when the time came that I had to choose to either kill Edelgard or protect her, I chose to protect her. I believed that she didn't actually do this because she's a bad guy. And I don't regret it after seeing her way through.

And at the end of her route, the song is not Edge of Dawn, but The Color of Sunrise. Because there is not of sadness, but joy. Fodlan is no longer at the "edge of dawn," but rather the "dawn" has finally arrived. 

 

This isn't meant to be an argument thread so I'll keep this brief.

I don't mind Edelgard anymore. However calling her selfless is the exact opposite of what she is, when what she is is stubborn, headstrong, and blind to the truth. I never said Dimitri apologizing made everything alright because, as you said, it doesn't. It's what he does afterward that really differentiates him from Edelgard, in that he actually tries to make right what he did wrong, tries to change and do better. Edelgard can claim whatever she wants, but her actions are selfish, hurtful, and wrong, and her "wearing her sins" doesn't suddenly justify her starting a war, killing innocent students, and helping the Agarthans in their quest to destroy Fodlan. Also, since you brought it up, a song doesn't justify what she did either, it's just a song that helps explain her mindset. Her intentions don't matter in the face of her actions and I find it rather interesting how so many people just skip right over Edelgard's practice of eugenics.

Even so, Edelgard is far from my least favorite character in the game. I appreciate her for the morally gray anti-villain she is, I just would never side with her again. My least favorite character award goes to Bernadetta (I know, I just committed treason). If I had to rank the three lords it would go: Dimitri, Claude, Edelgard but they're still at the top of the best characters in the game ranking overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

I don't mind Edelgard anymore. However calling her selfless is the exact opposite of what she is, when what she is is stubborn, headstrong, and blind to the truth. I never said Dimitri apologizing made everything alright because, as you said, it doesn't. It's what he does afterward that really differentiates him from Edelgard, in that he actually tries to make right what he did wrong, tries to change and do better. Edelgard can claim whatever she wants, but her actions are selfish, hurtful, and wrong, and her "wearing her sins" doesn't suddenly justify her starting a war, killing innocent students, and helping the Agarthans in their quest to destroy Fodlan. Also, since you brought it up, a song doesn't justify what she did either, it's just a song that helps explain her mindset. Her intentions don't matter in the face of her actions and I find it rather interesting how so many people just skip right over Edelgard's practice of eugenics.

Even so, Edelgard is far from my least favorite character in the game. I appreciate her for the morally gray anti-villain she is, I just would never side with her again. My least favorite character award goes to Bernadetta (I know, I just committed treason). If I had to rank the three lords it would go: Dimitri, Claude, Edelgard but they're still at the top of the best characters in the game ranking overall.

I'm not making an argument. All I'm doing is just explaining things. Though it can be seen as one, especially with this.

Spoiler

Edelgard is willing to lose everything she loves in her life. She can be stubborn, sure, but for the sake of what she believes to be the right thing, she is willing to lose even the people that she loves. All her friends, her teacher, etc. All personal joy in her life can very well be lost. She says herself that she was prepared for the possibility that everyone would go against her. She was prepared to lose everything that gave her own life the moments of joy that she had lost long ago. She doesn't value her life, and is willing to die for her cause and be hated by everyone she loves.

That is, by definition, selfless.

Also, saying that she's helping the Agarthans destroy Fodlan, you realize that in Crimson Flower, it's the only route that is actually the LEAST bloody? No Dukedom was formed, nor did she even try to touch the Alliance during those five years. She's even kept the slithers in check. And when she did attack, she went for attacks and also had the chance to spare more people. When you look at the way things are, the only damaged areas were Arianrhod and Fhirdiad.

And after that, she wiped out the Agarthans entirely, which actually ensured a TRUE peace for Fodlan. 

The song isn't me justifying her actions, BTW. It was just correcting what you said, about Edelgard just pretending to be our friend. The song is proof that that is not the case, that she never pretended. 

As a fan of Edelgard, I don't IGNORE that she's done things wrong. She's a flawed character, a human being, just like anyone. She makes mistakes, she regrets actions that are done, she laughs, she cries, she smiles, but in the end, she made the world a much better place. 

I mean, when you get down to it, it was thanks to her war that anything changed for the better. Rhea's incompetence as a leader caused much of Fodlan to become corrupt and rotten. The Agarthans took advantage of that corruption that resulted in the Insurrection and Tragedy to take place. During the other routes, it's only thanks to the war and Edelgard that the Agarthans could be damaged or even dealt a severe blow in, though only Crimson Flower completely takes them out, as the others have survivors still. 

In the other routes, Edelgard is an antagonist, and in her route, the protagonist. I would hardly ever call Edelgard a true villain, since she doesn't actually fit the term.

 

Edited by omegaxis1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I thought she was your favourite lord period. 

Oh yeah she is. I just auto added the female part on impulse  because I’ve been discussing that part of her on other FE places.

I’ll edit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Lucina might have a very special place in my heart, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Edelgard is by far the BEST female lord in the entire franchise. And is definitely one of the best characters in most games. 

 

Define what you mean by best as it can mean different things.  

Edited by Icelerate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KevinskyHaaz said:

So... your favorite characters are... everyone? lol also geezus why not Dimitri and Dedue...

However, these two don't make it as big as Dorothea and Dedue because of issues I have with the class group "discussions"... if you can call them that. I thought both Sylvain and Lin had amazing supports that really showed the layers of their character, however all of that is just torn apart in the group scenes. Honestly the class dialogue is one of my biggest issues with 3H. Seriously, who did the writing for these sections??? Every single scene follows the same path... the House Leader or 2nd in command (Hubert, Seteth, Dedue...) explains the current happenings in the story and then everyone reacts with extremely unsubtle gimmicky remarks. The dialogue was hardly every even connected to each sequential line... It was just sputtering of tropes and nothing more. Unfortunately, Lin had some of the worst of these. Example: 

"We've got a big fight tomorrow." - House Leader

"Well, at least I'll get to take a nap afterwards." - Linhardt

"I will be doing the winning in the battle tomorrow." - Petra

There's no reactions to each other's lines or anything. It's just "HEY! HERE'S MY MAIN CHARACTERISTIC! REMEMBER THAT?" Ugh it bothers me. Lin was such a good character, soiled in any story event due to cartoonish writing.

Sorry for ranting y'all. I promise I still really enjoyed this game. I'm just super passionate about writing....

I definitely agree with this. To make matters worse, when the characters aren't spouting their gimmick, they're often talking about how great you, the perfect main character, are, how they only won the last battle because of you, how they only get out of bed because of you, etc., etc. It's kinda cringey.

Fortunately, these lines form only a tiny part of each character's characterization. Most characters have like 20 such lines in the game, tops... and around 500 from supports, which is where these characters get fully fleshed out. It's safe to say that without supports, a lot of the playable characters in this game (everyone except the lords and Hubert, really) would fall off a cliff for character worth.

 

Anyway, my favourites, in roughly descending order, are Edelgard, Dimitri, Dorothea, Hubert, and Claude. Followed by Sylvain, Felix, Petra, Ferdinand, Lysithea, and Hilda (not in any particular order). Quick one-sentence rundowns of why I like 'em, though I could go into considerably more detail if I had time, especially for those near the top of the list:

Apparently I'm one of the few people here who thinks all three lords are just completely great, I was blown away by all of them. Claude is the "safest" and he's still a magnificent, manipulative bastard (but so darn likable anyway!) who imposes his will on the world; Dimitri has one of the best character arcs in the series and is just so deep and such a good portrayal of PTSD/depression mixed with the violent culture of Faerghus, and Edelgard lies at the centre of the game's thesis asking when revolution is justified, and inspires endless discussion for a reason. More eloquent people than me have already written many words on why these characters are so great. Dorothea is my favourite of the "normals", her support game is wonderful, she's a fully-formed character who has different yet internally consistent interactions with just about every person she meets and sheds much light on the Adrestian setting, and Hubert oozes a certain sort of charisma which I can't take my eyes off of, especially in the post-timeskip Crimson Flower cutscenes. Ferdinand is that one character I assumed would be an annoying rival and many of his C supports point that way but somehow he ends up as just the sweetest man in existence and a breath of fresh air (him + Hubert is particularly great), Lysithea and Hilda are fun, bitchy women after my own heart, Sylvain and Felix are both messed up by Faerghus culture in different ways and I find both compelling (Sylvain is kinda detestable but he's such a convincing character anyway, and the moments where he drops the mask are great), and Petra is just plain admirable while having enough interesting traits (her warlike nature) to avoid feeling like a tired trope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite character of the game is Edelgard.

But I also like Dorothea, Petra and Lysithea too.

14 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

 

I can see how Dimitri losing it can rub some people the wrong way, it's just interesting that it almost exclusively seems to be Edelgard's biggest fans.

Now, allow me to view this from another perspective. I actually didn't play Azure Moon first. I played Black Eagles first with every intention of joining Edelgard. Then the reveal happened and I was SO DISGUSTED with her that I stopped playing, deleted the save, and played Azure Moon instead. I didn't go Silver Snow because I wanted my first full playthrough to be with one of the lords. The reveal was not the only reason I did that though, I was growing more disgusted with Edelgard progressively as the game went on, the Flame Emperor was just the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Dimitri never made me feel disgusted to stay and fight with him no matter how much I wanted to punch his teeth in after the time skip, joining Edelgard meanwhile just made me feel nasty. This is a woman who pretended to be your friend and have the good of Fodlan at heart while simultaneously working with the very people trying their damndest to dismantle it. Whether she thinks this way or not, she had a hand in Jeralt's death, in students dying, in Remire village being massacred and that hand was supporting the Agarthans. She never apologizes, never says anything except "it was necessary" and hell no it wasn't.

Now, my rather hateful opinion of her did slowly lessen as I played through the other routes and got to the point I could play CF. I don't hate Edelgard anymore, but it seems rather strange to me that some can't get why people would prefer Dimitri.

I'm gonna be honest, the main reason I'm kind of unable to like Dimitri is because I have a problem similar to what other people would have with Ike... I don't know if I would actually like him legitimity or as a product of expectation because of all this vocal fans he has and how there is this "unequivocal truth" of him being the most popular FE3H Character.

I managed to get to know several things about Edelgard before actually most of the discussions started (through many spoilers to be fair), so it was a completely different experience xD.

Edited by Troykv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite characters are Dimitri (because I liked seeing his progression from going further and further down the rabbit hole of wanting to kill edelgard no matter what, to you helping him overcome this trauma and become more sane again...I liked seeing this progression) and Bernadetta (because I just like these types of characters in general especially since 'Watamote's Tomoko is similar and that's my favorite anime series...then again, I haven't seen much anime in general).

Tomoko from watamote
Watamote episode 1 | Thoughts on anime

Edited by Dinar87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Troykv said:

My favorite character of the game is Edelgard.

But I also like Dorothea, Petra and Lysithea too.

I'm gonna be honest, the main reason I'm kind of unable to like Dimitri is because I have a problem similar to what other people would have with Ike... I don't know if I would actually like him legitimity or as a product of expectation because of all this vocal fans he has and how there is this "unequivocal truth" of him being the most popular FE3H Character.

I managed to get to know several things about Edelgard before actually most of the discussions started (through many spoilers to be fair), so it was a completely different experience xD.

Dorothea, Petra, and Lysithea are all great.

As for Dimitri, if you haven't played through Azure Moon yet I highly recommend it. I know some people can be rather overbearing with their like for a character but, as with most things, the fans don't really determine the character you know? Perhaps you'll grow to like him! I will say that I went into Azure Moon with no expectations for his character (I somehow miraculously avoided the spoilers about him) apart from that I assumed I would like him the least of the three. That route really turned my opinion of him around. It probably won't have the same impact for someone who knows what's coming but still, it's a good experience if only for the personal care you get from the characters in the route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a bit part with a famous voice actor. I don't think anyone would care about him otherwise. (For me, hearing 9S giving me a cheerful report brings a smile to my face, but I'd never call myself a huge fan or even think of mentioning him in a list like this.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. 

Edelgard and Dimitri (yes, these two are literally my favorites even though it's apparently impossible to love both), followed by Dorothea, Sylvain and Bernadetta. Those are my top 5, in that order.

Honorable mentions go to Hilda, Mercedes, Lysithea, and Petra.

Though to be honest, I pretty much liked almost every character. I think almost everyone had something endearing and even characters I didn't particularly love (Lorenz/Ferdinand) ended up having some supports that endeared me to their characters at some point or another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Hmm. 

Edelgard and Dimitri (yes, these two are literally my favorites even though it's apparently impossible to love both)

Oh that's not impossible. It's not impossible until you put Rhea up there too and then you get super dogpiled! xD

But yeah, all super good choices!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Oh that's not impossible. It's not impossible until you put Rhea up there too and then you get super dogpiled! xD

But yeah, all super good choices!

Bahaha. So true. Well lucky(?) me, I hate Rhea (But only personally. I love her as a character BECAUSE she was able to make me hate her), so I'm safe. Haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 11:11 PM, Sid Starkiller said:

...sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't give a shit about the gatekeeper.

Nah, I too was never a fan of that meme anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 5:11 PM, Sid Starkiller said:

...sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't give a shit about the gatekeeper.

...

On 12/4/2019 at 7:33 PM, Dark Holy Elf said:

He's a bit part with a famous voice actor. I don't think anyone would care about him otherwise. (For me, hearing 9S giving me a cheerful report brings a smile to my face, but I'd never call myself a huge fan or even think of mentioning him in a list like this.)

...

18 hours ago, Strullemia said:

Nah, I too was never a fan of that meme anyway.

sips tea

puts down cup

You know, I came out here to have a good time, and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

...

...

sips tea

puts down cup

You know, I came out here to have a good time, and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now.

Awwwww! xD

Well hey, if it makes you feel better, you at least got a genuine laugh out of me? Don't feel bad! The gatekeeper is a precious ray of sunshine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...